• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Map! I Need Some Beta Testers!

Do u think the map is ok or not?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Map Development: Invasion Of Algoria

Invasion Of Algoria

The country Algoria have lived for centuries in peace, Algoriens do not know that the planet is infected with the forces of evil. the second largest city Ryak where attack and fell to the side of evil, this was a great loss to Algoria, many died and had to flee to Algoria. Now the king of algoria decided to gather an army and heroes to stop the attack of Algoria.

Choose From 8 heroes and defend against 25 waves. Theres 5 difficulties to choose from. Suggested for 2-6 players. There is a shop system and other usefully system.

Included In Map

Included Things: Custom ui, custom spells, Custom models, Custom icons and knockback system.

Changelogs

decreased time of supporting units.
decreased amount of supporting units
made one tavern
fixed most miss spelled words some left.
made path walk for spawning waves 20% shorter
made some changed to spells less dmg mostly and some increased
added 2 new spells
fixed path error when units go back to start
added a leaderboard
and decreased hp on heroes by 25 %
i added 3 difficulties for host to choose (diff is easy,normal and hard) it changes base value hp on enemies

Added 3 new levels for supporting units
balanced supporting units.
fixed for hosting simple way that computer isn't chosen to defenders and attackers. it works for ghost++ and others bots, don't know why but its good ^^
fixed some spells information again, hope its better now =/
added 1 spell for tank as aggressive spell.
fixed the hero selector so he cant get attacked now and fixed an revive post.
Algor, needed to change model it was corrupted but have a new one now, it works great.
fixed attackers spawn time to 10 % more
fog of war is now disabled
Nerfed Algor spells and base dmg
shops are closer now and tavern is invulnerable and its far away from creeps.
Argos pain shot is now instant
Argos summons no longer have skills and is called illusions instead of bear^^
made map smaller and is now faster to load. Load time for me is 2.5 sec and map file size is 1.8 Mb, not much. IF THATS MUCH PUT IT ON A FU¤¤ING DISK THEN ^^ (kidding)
Fixed all green errors and tool top missing stuff.
and potions ignores cd now

custom spells
playable for 6 people
wave timer
auto revive system
no cd on pots expect mana
2 New heroes
i have made one more difficult "Very Hard" creeps have 120% hp
As well some balanced fixes and more descriptions on spells
Added -zoom out command
Made much better hero pick system instead of tavern its lame :vw_death:
Fixed unit stuck, when they ignores orders
Fixed some errors and green icons still some left but will be fixed to next patch
Removed Supporting units( if u guys want me to have it tell me)

Changed Hero selection position.
Made some environment (not done)
pots have no cd at store at start now
changed wave time to 100 interval
added a minimap picture so it looks a bit nicer when u host

1. fixed the force now its fixed ahah i mean it this time ^^
2. fixed the helmet (i had it set to 0 stock thats why it didn't work =P)
3. items are 40 % cheaper they were way to overpriced.
4. pots will stay on same stacks still 10,20,30
5. fixed taunt and power slam
6. renamed the attackers
7. fixed the map preview picture (for some reason it only worked for some ppl don't know why but read on forum it can depend on what peoples resolution is) so i changed size to lower resolution.
8. changed 2 of son of algorias ability to 2 level skip and armor now give 2 armor per level ad his base armor value is 4.
9. Iadded a new path for attackers so they attack from 2 places (3rd will come later)
10. added some environment and made shop easier to click on

1 Fixed green hero icons when died they become green
2. Balanced some heroes stats and spells
3. 8 new items
4. Added new spawn point to top left
5. Made Income (every wave players get 100 gold
6. Made a HQ market were u can buy backup units
7. Added better mapPreviewer and loadingscreen pic
8. ^^
9. Healing pots heals more now
10.Added 2 new spells for rouge
11.Re-Edit the map a bit
12.Moved shops a bit back
13.Added some more environment
14.Added 1 new hero
15.Made some balancing
16.changed skin on healer
17.added 2 new ulti items
18.added support units again ^^
19.FIXED WHEN UNITS WALKING BACK TO SPAWN AFTER HERO DIES FFS AFTER 4 DAYS FINALLY ^^
20.Added income timer
21.Added Knockback system thanks to the creator
22.Added more custom spells thanks to the creators
23.Added a lot of custom icons for nicer gameplay

1. Remade hole map
2. Fixed units walking back now i mean it i made a working anti walk trigger if they start walk back every 1 second they are forced to attack move to next area.
3. added more items
4. Fixed some issue whit the loading screen
5. added repick system
6. added teleport system
7. fixed potions now give 400 instead of 500 and have 6 seconds cd
8. added New creeps system for more challenging and mor fun play (super creeps/bosses/ranged
9. Fixed son of algorias spells placement
10. Added Recipes
1. Nerfed spellcaster lich king body guard spells
2. Made rouge better and more armor base value
3. Made a Camp for yellow as last stand
4. added king for yellow
5. Missed to put in the new items for the axe recipe at shop.
6. made holy light spell 450 range instead of 250.
7. Moved shops and teleports to the camp
8. made 2 boss levels harder were to easy
9. income now gives 180 gold instead of 100
10. changed some path that noobs, used to block creeps wich made it easy to kill all waves.
11. Made king a bit better (just a little bit)
12. added one more difficult Extreme
13.Added Hero levels
14.made a teleport in middle
1. fixed more experience gain per killing creeps
2. Fixed some bugs whit recipes
3. Remade some levels on waves
4. fixed argos level req on some abilities
5. made some new items
6. Fixed last level (they were walking to fast)
7. balancing spells and heroes
8. Made custom models to all 25 levels phew took some time but its done ^^
9. Made 2 Hero levels pretty challenging but fun
1. added more exp gain from creeps after level 15
2. added more hp and damage to heroes/bosses/supercreeps
3. added more damage to normal creeps and some normal levels have some abbilities
4. reduced map size from 4.68 to 3.2 mb
5. Moved revive to shops instead of middle of map
6. Increased range of healers holy light from 400 to 700
7. reduced defend at camp was to overpowered.
8. Collizion size of tanks is now a bit lower (makes it eayisier to move around creeps
9 added some colored text to loading screen and hosting decription for more eye candy =P
10.Remade loading screen and mapreviver it was to big file sizes and now is half the sizes
11. frost spellcaster is now nerfed had way to much dmg and got 3 int per level
12. made 4 new really good custom spells
13. Made one 1 new hero =P
14. Made some heroes spells a bit stronger and more hp to tanks (10%)
15. Added tomes and some more items
16. Algos the ranger hero is now much better spells were very weak

1. Made 2 New heroes
2. More custom spells thanks to the creators
3. fixed some description on recipe
4. fixed some color description on spells
5. Added some colored text on some spells and all heroes
6. remade waves now they are periodic instead of waves (took to long time to w8 for waves)
7. balanced experiences gain
8. fixed some leaks
9. totems cost more
10. blaxos spells better and more levels
11.fixed level 16 wave hero. 3 was spawning instead of one

Pictures In Game

206465-albums4804-picture47539.jpg
206465-albums4804-picture47541.jpg
206465-albums4804-picture47534.jpg
206465-albums4804-picture47535.jpg
206465-albums4804-picture47536.jpg
206465-albums4804-picture47537.jpg
206465-albums4804-picture47538.jpg

Please Try my map and give feedback and ideas if u have. I will add rep and add u to credits on map.
Remeber the more feedback i get and people that try the map the faster it gets better ^^

Attachments

• Invasion Of Algoria v1.6 (P).w3x
    3.6 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Level 1
Welcome
i tested your map with you and i have few advice to you:
Delete that mines at left top of the map or simply upgrade, giving them new option.
Heroes are too much powerful at beginning (half life will solved a problem).
Potion in shop have cooldown, I dont know why. Change potion time cooldown (shorter).
Change number of defender's unit (too much), give them power for every wave.
The better for tank will be if you give him some simply aggresive spell, not only defence skills.
Info of skill are little bit poor, i don't know how strong skill are (cleave).
Good idea are changing time between wave (longer) and reduce the path length (optional).
Do leader board and places for more players (not only 4)
Do one tawern for all.
Give some skills for enemy like spells or passive thing.

Discovered bug:
Enemy fall back to the start point and they don't walk on middle path (on general way).

Advantage:
Nice models.

Level 4
ty so much for the feedback and the suggestions i will get to it as soon i can. the thing whit the mine is i cant find out how to make shared bounty so thats why i added the mine. I will ofc make some special upgrades u can take advantage to the house. check back here in 8 hours and i will put up the new patch for the map. (whould be great if u made some feedback from that to =P)

Level 1
Increase time between wave (20 second more)
Replace tavern and shops, people don't want walk too much (shops closer, tawern further).
Hero selector can be killed, make him indestructible and hide him after selected hero.
Hard to select Argos(this archer), also his pain skill need too much time to cast.
His summons have rest of older skills, like power of ...(elf), hippogryph.
All skills need better description, healer have very poor.
Number of defender are good, but you can strengthen them(for every level give them few damage and more hit points).
When i want host it, i never know what player is defender (units) and why i can choose to play enemy? fix that.
Models are good, but their weight is to big. You map is small, people will not want download your map when weight is 8-9 MB. Only thing about this.

Level 4
whats wrong whit healer ??
and i dont get it what u mean the map is only 1.7 mb when i check?
the problem whit the comp when host is u need to host it whit a bot like everyone else is doing. like ghost ++ then the computer is selected auto. but will fix it for normal host as well.
What exactly do u mean bad description. Do u mean to bad info what the spells do, or what increases per level ?

Will try to fix the rest of that tonight ty for feedback.

Last edited:
Level 4
Yes its the latest one i got done whit it a couple of hr ago enjoy it and give feedback ^^

For some reason i cant host games any more no one joins so i hope others will host my map and try it =P

Level 11
well here is my feedback :
the heroes are ok , nice models the only thing is they dont have a fitting icon,and some of the heroes will only obtain a skill at lvl 3 , like the argon, and when i am about to create a map, the 2 other forces, you have to put the computer before you start,go to world editor then scenario > player properties then set player 5,6,7 as computer instead of None or players then go to forces check the custom forces and fixed player settings,
At the beginning there was a lot of heroes, I dont know but I suggest that you should only have 1 hero per player
heroes.png

then again there was this creep that was like a boss at the beginning at the spawn point, I killed it and it gave me small exp and a little amount of gold,is this an error or something ? I Suggest you remove that mini boss at the spawning point
boss.png

and then when I defended some waves and leveled up, I started learning skills and I stumbled onto an error which I also stumbled upon before
skill.png

THE GREEN ICON OF DOOM !
you should import BTN and DISBTN icons to ensure no green icons would show up
here are some links
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/icons.php
and you better make the skills have better details here i s another link
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/polishing-your-game-168019/ (Give rep to nighthawk if you followed this ;D)
hoping for fixes on these map xD

Level 4
1. yes wtf i forgot to remove the heroes and the boss it was for testing ahah really sorry about that =(
2. yes will fix icons
3. o didn't know one here couldn't get skill till lv3 will fix it
4. yes will try to fix does 2 icons
5. yes will fix forces
6. ty for feedback this was a big fail of me ^^

Level 11
its ok I also FAILED at start my first project was a failure you will learn more when people point out your mistakes and crtiticize your map cause whenever you bring out your map you will see if you improved or not depending on their comments and criticism ;D keep it up I Encourage you to move on xD

Level 4
will be waiting ;D

ok now im done fixing all only 2 problems is,
1 when hero dies icon gets green but then when he spawns he gets the icon back so its not big problem i will fix it later.(i don't mean spell icon i fixed that, i mean the hero icons)

2 for some reason computer doesn't get chosen when u host i already have player 6 as computer s i will look into it now

try the new version and ty very much for ur nice links and feedback keep giveing me more feedback it helps a lot ^^:vw_love:.

ps. don't worry i will give credit to all on my final version and new version is on page 1 first post ace out :vw_death:

Level 11
ok, Ill test it later,Im also making my own map but I still need to read a lot of tutorials and other than that I am working alone >_> anyway keep it up when you have nothing to do think of things you should do to your map :)
and remember to update youre changelogs even if you make minor changes xD

Level 4
ok, Ill test it later,Im also making my own map but I still need to read a lot of tutorials and other than that I am working alone >_> anyway keep it up when you have nothing to do think of things you should do to your map :)
and remember to update youre changelogs even if you make minor changes xD

i will. If u need help just ask, u helped me so i can help u in return if u want =P

Level 11
since my previous project failed I was making a new map xD anyway when you have no idea to improve your map just read tutorials so that you would improve , better than sleeping all day xD

@Ace Its better to accept a helping hand than having none ;)

Level 11
Ok tested it and here is my feedback:

Good job with the skill description xD, yeah the skills are now good ;D only thing i see now is the cooldown of the items and the hero selections
at the beginning of the game the potions are at cooldown, better remove the cooldown so that we could prepare on the waves
items.png

next the hero selection I would prefer it this way xD
Yeah.png

heroselection.png

and finally the waves , I Think its a bit too fast , even on easy mode were going to have a hard time there because of the quick intervals between waves maybe put it somewhere to 60 seconds after the previous wave cause it will take 30 seconds to kill the previous wave and the other 30 seconds for preparation
other than that you made the description clear now its better xD
keep up the work and hoping for more updates

Level 4
ty saif again for feedback. lets get right to business ^^

1 Will fix so no cd intervall in begining on potions

2 yes i made the first 7 levels, i think about 40 seconds interval , maby to little. Levels after 7 are 100 seconds interval i will make it 100 sec on seven levels to then. Its a good ide to do it, will give players more time to prepare hero selections and look at store what is there and so on.

3 And why not i can make it like ur selection on picture, looks good tbh mine is a bit hasty ^^

give me 20 mins and its done

""EDIT""

Done its up on first page at top called invasion 0.9.8b

Last edited:
Level 11
will test it later ;D

Edit :
Tested it, the waves are now ok it makes it now playable for 1 player ;D
IOA.png

you can now change the 2- 6 to 1 - 6 and is the minimap preview right ? a blank white screen :\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
go here http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/minimap.php
read the tut then download the tools that are found here
here is your blp converter
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/blpaletter-1-5b-66425/
then save the blp as tga with this program
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/warcraft-iii-image-extractor-62877/
Instructions :
get the image you want
resize it to 128x128 in any editing program
save it then drag the picture into the blpallter icon / program
open wc3 image extracor file > image open the file then save as TGA
and then save it at 75% quality , import the file to the world editor as
war3mapPreview.tga by using custom path, restart the world editor and BOOM ! xD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
there is an error in one item though, The helmet of 10 knights
no matter how many seconds passed the stock wont change xD
HEL.png

the items are way too overpriced , you could get an item maybe when 5 waves are done, I suggest you lower the item prices
potion.png

the potions make it stack more instead of 10 as the maximum stack
and here is another one I suddenly noticed the name of the spawned creeps
TBO.png

refrain from using exclamation points to put as units names
and I used the son of algoria the skills have 3 level skips , change that to 2 and his devotion aura when you learn it it starts with a bonus of + 1 armor , make the base +5 armor and then +2 for every level
and his 2nd skill scream , make a graphic when the hero does it something like warcry , or warstomp
and the other skill his 1st skill , it doesnt make too much graphic , like when the aoe damage go to effect , make it a chain lightning
Skill-1.png

and then again you havent fixed the other force change player 7 to computer then check the fixed player settings
waiting for fixes ;) and if you would like I could check the grammar in your spells and change the descriptions in your items to make it look better just PM me if you want xD

Last edited:
Level 4
OK ty as always for ur good feedback.
1. fixed the force now its fixed ahah i mean it this time ^^
2. fixed the helmet (i had it set to 0 stock thats why it didn't work =P)
3. items are 40 % cheaper now ur were right they were way to overpriced.
4. pots will stay on same stacks dont whant it to be to easy
5. fixed taunt and power slam
6. renamed the attackers
7. fixed the map preview picture (for some reason it only worked for some ppl dont know why but read on forum it can depend on what peoples resolution is) so i changed size to lower resolution.
8. changed 2 of son of algorias ability to 2 level skip and armor now give 2 armor per level ad his base armor value is 4.

ty again m8 for feedback new version will be up soon and be called 0.9.9b check for it later i will add more so i will put the new version whit the fixes and some new stuff in a couple of hours.

Level 11
ok will test it ;)

Edit :
Tested it,
somehow its still a white minimap preview for me, anyway, good you fixed the forces :) the environment now got a bit better
and i Noticed a bug when my hero died some of the creeps went back to the spawning point
bug.png

and next the hero, son of algorias skills got better thats good , on the devotion aura what i meant is on the first level +4 bonus armor and on the following levels it becomes +2 anway it got better, and the problem you promised to fix
GIOD.png

green icon of doom of the heroes xD
next the items, mana pots has cd, i suggest you remove that, and the map got better only lack of items i think
the zoom command is awesome ;D

thats all for now xD

Last edited:
Level 4
Yes i will take some good time now and fix all those problems, and im starting now whit income and new items so i will maby be done later tonight or tomorrow. i still want cd on mana cause otherwise u can just Spam mana as a spell caster and never go om. Instead i can change the cd from 60 sec to 25 sec hows that ?

Level 11
k, ill test it xD

Edit: Tested it ok here is what I got
good job with the forces and your minimap preview, but theres something wrong with your loading screen
7.png

and heres a link again for this
and
6.png

why is my name not there ? ( Just joking xD )
ok thats for the opening next in gameplay, nice, improved hero selection , thats good
5.png

but make sure not to leave something like this here xD, or is their a purpose thats why its there ? anyway moving on
good job on the support system, thats a good idea xD
4.png

after a couple of minutes , this came out
3.png

make sure you fix every pop up messages, the tip # and your grammar , fix that and then another couple of few minutes
2.png

I maxed the skill of the 1st skill, when I look at the skill button, the 2nd skill moved to the 1st skill icon bar, fix that
skills should have a stable icon bar and then
1.png

the waves are still moving back, better fix that,and next
the items, yeah the variety of items got a little wider, but still we need more items to satisfy us for the 25 waves that are supposed to be coming and the potion, maybe add a 5s cooldown for the usage, its a little bit imbalanced , other than that GOOD JOB !
just continue on improving your map xD

Last edited:
Level 11
your welcome ;) and I will test the map later cause I am currently working on my map and we have school going on xD

Last edited:
Level 11
going to test it now :)

Edit:
ok heres what i got
nice minimap preview but fix this
1-1.png
it should be Algorian Soldiers
and then
2-1.png

fix it like this
Choose from 8 Unique Heroes and defend against 25 waves with different kinds of spawned creeps and 5 difficulties to choose from.
(thats it no need to include suggested 2 - 6 cause its already there on the Suggested Players thingy )
ok and then next
3-1.png
4-1.png

they still dont have stable icon bars ok heres for you and fix it xD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in the world editor do this
5-1.png
this is for the 1st Skill
6-1.png
2nd Skill
7-1.png
3rd Skill
8.png
and the 4th Skill
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9.png

and fix the tooltips of your skills, the players would appreciate that xD
next for the waves, it got better all waves had custom models thats great, but the support team was moving to fast
it was on the boss
10.png

I thought that there was no more creeps spawning but when i looked the support team was fighting the boss, and that wasted my time so I had to fight the boss with the creeps, fix that maybe put the support team farther away so they would exactly be at the 3 spawn intervals
next for the items
yes ! MORE ITEMS ! AND RECIPES ! Thats NICE !
but again fix the description of your item
11.png

but it was way a lot better than before so i give you a thumbs up xD

Last edited:
Level 11
nope i havent tried any other heroes, i like being the tank type in these kind of stuff but if you require me to test some of the other heroes sure xD
oh and forgot to mention
maybe shorten the 1st skill cooldown for the tank ? i think its too long but he is a tank, so its ok just a suggestion xD

Level 11
k ill test it when i got time about to have class again, hell with weekdays xD and thanks for the rep :)

Level 3
I cannot test your map because I don't have Warcraft 3 installed (and I won't have it installed soon), but I can give you some advice about concept.

- I know story isn't important at all, but if you want a good map, you have to improve it. Evil awakening and destroying everything is just too...unoriginal.
- Also, improve terrain. In these maps, terrain has to be practical, without too much detail, but it would be nice if you could make it "cooler".
- Make your map original. There are tons of maps like this, and many of them are better than this one. So you should implement something that makes basic player want to play this map instead of something else.

I'll write down more things if I see something that needs improvement.

Level 4
ty for the ideas added rep

1.I will stick with the story its fine for the map its not a book im making XD
2.The game play idea is going to change later im still learning the editor.
3.same as 2

Status
Not open for further replies.