• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screenshots

Level 11
Item dropmodels

I started to create the needed models for items dropped on the ground. To reduce the amount of required work/time armorparts will share those models, even if they might not fit perfect. Weapons will get their own set of items.

attachment.php

P.s. the Gloves will be scaled down a bit, don't worry :grin:

Attachments

• DroppedItems01.jpg
    DroppedItems01.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 357

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Well, I got to handed to you, you've created such a beautiful terrain for your map that it actually looks above most maps made in SC2, I'd say that any day of the week! Seriously, I personally hold you in high regard for devoting so much time and effort to this project. I am supporting this project till the end!

Level 11
WIP of the Questmenu

Even when the snow is falling I stay busy and keep working on Darkwind RPG. Here is a WIP of the questmenu.

attachment.php

Attachments

• QuestmenuWIP001.jpg
    QuestmenuWIP001.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 503
Level 11
What happened to the interface BTW? The health & mana bars and the icon bar? Where are they?

Because of the limitation to hide the WC3 UI those elements took away to much space of the screen. By using the normal WC3 abilities the hotkeys don't need to be set by the player himself. For sure some would have done that with ease, but most are to lazy. The bars have been replaced with an dynamic barsystem, that enables/disables when entereing/leaving combat to minimize the occupied space.

Level 11
Banditmodel

A bandit as you'll meet them all over the world. Bandits will appear using different types of melee weapons and bows. Maybe you'll encounter magical skilled ones as well.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bandit001.jpg
    Bandit001.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 499
Level 11
2.5D Models

I'm practising 2.5D modelling. Here you'll see a tree like I'll use them in Darkwind RPG.

attachment.php

I just noticed the evil FPS in top right corner hrhr

Attachments

• 2.5dTree.jpg
    2.5dTree.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 419
Level 11
Working on the playable Demo

Hello folks.
Just wanted to tell you, that I'm on the playable demo. Quite a lot to do, but allready fun :)

Content shown on this screenshots is not final and my change until release!

I used photobucket, because TheHive kept giving me stupid error message that the format of the screenshots(*.jpeg) is invalid for upload...

Level 11
Finally something new!

Hey folks,

I've been busy with some Reallife. But Darkwind is still kicking. I'm proud to present the reworked and improved talenttree of the Warrior class. To be honest this is only the Defensive part of the tree. The Offensive will be on the right side. This talentsystem is inspired by Path of Exile, because I really like it's style and this will be a tribute to the game. Because of that you'll only find passive talents in the trees.

attachment.php

In addition to the revamped talenttree I also improved the way acitve skills are learned/used. You are able to learn more skills than you can use at a time. You can have up to eight active skills in your bar and twelve in some kind of "skill backpack". And you can plug every skill you want into every slot you want to match them your playstyle the best. To move skills simple click them and click the target slot. The interface is shown on the screenshot below.

attachment.php

To be able to use up to eight active skills at the same time I had to mod the Warcraft III controlbuttons. I moved them down to the bottom line, removed the attackbutton and changed their hotkeys to Z(english, Y in german), X, C and V (Their functions will be edited in some way as well, cause you won't need patrol at all).Now you are able to use the upper eight slots for your active skills. Those are controlled by the hotkeys Q, W, E, R, A, S, D and F.

attachment.php

Sorry for the long time this update took, but I think it was worth to wait :thumbs_up:

Best regards
Thy

Attachments

• PreviewTalenttreeWarrior.jpg
    PreviewTalenttreeWarrior.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 821
  • PreviewActionbuttons.jpg
    PreviewActionbuttons.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 640
  • PreviewSkillbuttons.jpg
    PreviewSkillbuttons.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 574
Level 11
The screenshot shows like the half of the complete talenttree. Each class will have their own. You start in the very center. From that on you can follow every path you want. Each level and some events will give you a spendable talentpoint. Each talent you unlock by spending a talentpoint will unlock all talents that are linked to it. By that you can take many different paths and combinations. The talenttrees only hold passive talents like stats bonusses or damage increase etc. Active skills are learned from spellbooks that are sold by merchants or dropped by monsters.

Edit: Arcisal is right. The circles stand for themes like "One Handed Weapon" or "Shield" etc. The buttons with a "+" on colored ground add +5 to one of your attributes. Orange = Strength, Green = Agility, Blue = Intelligence and Red = Bravery(Moral=Healthpoints).

Last edited:
Level 12
The talent tree doesn't just involve "talents" anymore. They're more like skill points where you add to the desired attributes you want and it branches off to different "playstyles".

The yellow symbol in the center is not a button I believe. It's just to represent what that circle of "talents" are supposed to be centered and composed around (eg. defensive, offensive, etc.)

At least, that's what I believe.

But other than that, great job!

EDIT: Damnit, I got ninjaed.

Level 11
New Screenshots

Hi there.

I'm working on the terrain and got some new screenshots for you. Most of the houses you see can be entered.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Everything shown on these screenshots is still WIP and my change at any time.

Attachments

• VillagePreview001.jpg
    VillagePreview001.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 462
  • VillagePreview002.jpg
    VillagePreview002.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 578
  • VillagePreview003.jpg
    VillagePreview003.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 605
Level 11
Graveyard WIP

Thanks for your support :thumbs_up:

Another WIP. This time a graveyard area.

attachment.php

Everything shown on the screenshot is WIP and may change at any time!

Attachments

• GraveyardWIP001.jpg
    GraveyardWIP001.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 494
Level 11
About the fog. The fog is animated and spreads random clouds that build up a continous layer over the terrain. But that takes some ingame time. The screenshot was simply taken to early to show the full effect.

About the size of the buildings. Buildings in the midage area were that small because of architectural limitations. There are bigger buildings/houses. That explicit on is a watermill. with a second floor to store the goods. If I make the building way bigger they also become to high. And to show the hero behind them I would have to hide the upper parts which means you can see inside the buildings without being in them.

Edit: Added a new fogversion which looks better in my opinion. Feedback welcomed :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• GraveyardWIP002.jpg
    GraveyardWIP002.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 500
Last edited:
More awesomeness!!!

Its really a shame that only few people are taking a look on this project.

I've been looking at this for a long time,
even though i no longer play warcraft 3, (and won't be going back) this project is just entertaining to watch grow and revolutionize the uses of the warcraft editor
great job Thyrael, you are truly an inspiration

Level 11
I've been looking at this for a long time,
even though i no longer play warcraft 3, (and won't be going back) this project is just entertaining to watch grow and revolutionize the uses of the warcraft editor
great job Thyrael, you are truly an inspiration

Thank you for your support :)

Here is a new WIP of a farm/fields area I'm working on.

attachment.php

Attachments

• EasternFieldsWIP001.jpg
    EasternFieldsWIP001.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 452
Level 11
New screenshot and Updates

Heyho @ all.

To much time has pased since the last update. Therefor heres some candy for you folks.

attachment.php

Because this thread is visited more often, I'm going to post the latest Updates here as well.

Updates:

Professions:
I implemented the first profession into the Demo. Now you can search the land for precious minerals and mine them(screenshot from above).

Monster/Enemies:
I improved the stats of Mobs to better scale with the badassness of the heroes. I also adjusted the required Exp for level up as well as the Exp granted by killing mobs. The Mobs AI has been improved too. Now Mobs will use Skills depending on their current situation.

Quests:
For now I've added 4 questslines with a total of 9 quests to the demo. I'm aiming for a total of around 20 quests for first release.

Dialogssystem:
Until now there are over 60 dialogs in the demo. I'm not sure how many there will be on release, maybe something like 200.

Terraining:
I've finished the two starting areas and the first Hub(starting camp). For release I'm aiming to add 2 additonal areas for slightly higher levels.

Models/Textures:
I completed several models for units, doodads, armor/weapon attachments, projectiles, sfx and items. There are still many to do, but I'll try to reuse models in a clever way to shorten the time until release of the demo.

I hope this keep you motivated to follow Darkwind on its way until release. And no, I can't say exactly when that will be :wink:

Best regards
Thy

Attachments

• Professions001.jpg
    Professions001.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 1,065
Level 11
Just wanted to let you know, that DW is not dead yet. I'm trying to show you some new screenshots of progress as soon as possible. But fact is, that I don't have that much freetime like in the past.

Best regards
Thy

Level 11
Combo System Works!

Hi folks :)

Sorry for the lack of updates during the last months, but I got a job so I had/have less sparetime. Nevertheless I'm still on my project.

I managed to realize a dynamic combosystem. As a melee character you'll be able to learn different combo attacks. Then you have to initilize the desired combo and press the right buttons in the correct order and the mentioned timeframe. Combos will deal much more damage than normal attacks, but only if the attack is performed at the correct time.

attachment.php

I'm still working on the many many required models. As you may notice I updated the hero model as well to match the improved style.

All I can say is that I won't let the project go into nether. I will finish it, but I still can't give out any information when this will be. Please be patient, it will be worth it.

Best regards
Thy

Attachments

• ComboPreview.jpg
    ComboPreview.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 825
Level 11
You can bind your combo and attack buttons to the keys Q,W,E,R,A,S,D and/or F. You'll have 3 basic attacks and up to 5 spells and/or combo inits in your active bar. In addition to that you cann store up to 12 spells/combos in some kind of skill backpack and freely switch between them. Each combo requires a different combination of the basic attacks and can be upgraded in level to learn additional strikes increasing the length of a combo.