• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

So, I decided to take up modeling for sc2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Hey all! I recently got myself a copy of 3DS Max and decided to learn the basics of 3d modeling.

I've been playing around with the software and have got to a point where I'd like to start documenting just in case anyone is interested in what I'm working on :)

Aiming to learn all stages of modeling including the modeling, texturing, rigging and animating.

So, without further adue, please find below my first WIP screenshot of my first ever character model made from scratch.

templar_wip_08.jpg

templar_wip_09.jpg

Being a WIP, you may have noticed a few areas which look empty or untextured. This is a WIP and more screenshots will follow as I progress through development :)

On a side note, all models documented in this thread are more an upcoming SC2 map known as Fields of Glory (http://fog.udmod.com).

Would be great to hear some feedback!

Level 18
When making limbs from hexagonal prism, rotate them so that you have two walls parallel to the sagittal plane (the one that cuts the body into right and left half). This should reduce the boxy effect. Also, use 8-sided prisms for each section of the torso. Personally I make 2 for the waist/midsection and two (three if we count the upper side of the torso) for the chest. That should provide you with enough detail without using too many polygons.

Status
Not open for further replies.