• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lord of the Rings - Aragorn Model for SC2 wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys been sick for a few days so I came up with a model that I wanted to see in SC2 engine or campaigns:

Aragorn, still Wip but close to being finished
Polys: 1400

9757-albums2216-picture47448.png

T.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
His hair looks kinda weird, so does his face. His body/clothes look weird somehow, too. Right now it looks very decent though. On what pictures are you basing this off, if any?
Anyway, you deserve +rep for the initiative. Keep up the good job.

the pants, the boots the hair and the hands are hand painted, the rest is based on loads of ref pics, I know the face looks kinda... off, but it has been worse :p

The idea came to me to do a lotr character when i donwloaded the lotr map here from the hive, but not "real" genuen characters where in there...

T.

~{EDIT 1}
Sorry for double posting, fixed the head so it looks more "aragorn",

close up and personal:
9757-albums2216-picture47453.png

T.

~{EDIT 2}
Anduril finished:
166 polys
texture: 512x128

9757-albums2216-picture47465.png

Based on the real thing from the movie with the correct rune inscriptions.

T.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
His face looks a little round, and the hair should perhaps be a little less smooth? Everything else is looking great.
If you can, do not attach Anduril to the model, so that users can choose to add other weapons to him. He is seen using a bow in Moria during the films. Which reminds me, do you plan to animate the model yourself or get the animations from somewhere else?

About the face, I'll see if I can fix it, also the hair needs some work.

Animations, I'mm planning on doing myself, I could use the practice, I'll put even an animation in it for the bow, and shooting it. Which means I'll put a placeholder ref for the weapon.

All that... means I still need to do some work :)

T.

Status
Not open for further replies.