• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Another Aragorn Skin [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey Guys.

This is my very first attempt at skinning, so please don't be harsh on me :)

I wanted to do some LOTR-Skin, since my clan is developing a new Helm's Deep map. This is why I wanted a wilder and rougher skin for Aragorn, since he wore only some scale and ring mail and some leather armour at the battle, which is why I refuse to use all of those shiny Aragorn-in-shiny-plate-skins.

I used (as many others before me) the Arthas-model for my new skin. Aragorn wears kinda fur boots and green linen pants, as well as a black leather harness and scale armor. But, as you might see, I've got no idea what to do with the lion. So if you want to brainstorm me some ideas, I'd be happy.

Oh, and yeah, I give credit to Hueter, since his Uther-skin gave me an idea of how to do scales ;)

Hair Colour: Finished
Beard: Finished
Eyes: Unfinished
Feet and legs: Finished
Torso: Unfinished
Leather Shoulder Pad: Unfinished
Arms and hands: Unfinished
Cloak: Unfinished

Still, I am happy with all kinds of constructive critizism.

Attachments

• Aragorn Behind.jpg
    Aragorn Behind.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 235
  • Aragorn Front.jpg
    Aragorn Front.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 314
  • AragornHideBootsGreenPantsBlackLeatherScaleArmorNoIdeaWhatToDoWithLion.jpg
    AragornHideBootsGreenPantsBlackLeatherScaleArmorNoIdeaWhatToDoWithLion.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 226
Level 5
Did some work again, added details on the leather armour and skinned the shoulderpats. Book removed and eyebrows changed.

Does someone know what the part of the tga represents the skin at the models neck? I'd like to rework that.

Hair Colour: Finished
Beard: Finished
Eyes: Finished
Feet and legs: Finished
Torso: Unfinished
Leather Shoulder Pad: Finished
Arms and hands: Unfinished
Cloak: Unfinished

Attachments

• Aragorn Front.jpg
    Aragorn Front.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 179
  • Aragorn Behind.jpg
    Aragorn Behind.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 219
  • AragornHideBootsGreenPantsBlackLeatherScaleArmorNoIdeaWhatToDoWithLionAndHeHasBreastsNowLeather.jpeg
    AragornHideBootsGreenPantsBlackLeatherScaleArmorNoIdeaWhatToDoWithLionAndHeHasBreastsNowLeather.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 151
Level 5
More done. Skinned Bracers and Arms/Sleeves (He wears a green shirt now) and exchanged scale armour to chainmail (That still needs some work though, I guess).

Finally exchanged Lion with the symbol of the Dunedain (The Northern Rangers). It does not look great though, looking for ways to improve that.

I tried to redo the Dunedain Bracers as best as possible as well. Hands will be done next.

Also I added more detail and dirt to his pants.

Attachments

• Aragorn Right Side.jpg
    Aragorn Right Side.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 151
  • AragornHideBootsGreenPantsBlackLeatherScaleArmorNoIdeaWhatToDoWithLionAndHeHasBreastsNowLeather.jpeg
    AragornHideBootsGreenPantsBlackLeatherScaleArmorNoIdeaWhatToDoWithLionAndHeHasBreastsNowLeather.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Aragorn Left Side.jpg
    Aragorn Left Side.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 248
  • Aragorn Behind.jpg
    Aragorn Behind.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Aragorn Front.jpg
    Aragorn Front.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 203
  • rangerbracersdeluxe1.jpg
    rangerbracersdeluxe1.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,035
  • treeflag400.png
    treeflag400.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 461
Level 5
Alright. More or less final. Done hands, done cloak, reworked the chainmail, didn't rework the belt buckle. What do you think?

Btw. how to edit his sword anyways? I'd like to do that, but I don't know it's path.

Attachments

• Aragorn Front.jpg
    Aragorn Front.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 298
  • Aragorn Left Side.jpg
    Aragorn Left Side.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Aragorn Behind.jpg
    Aragorn Behind.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Aragorn Right Side.jpg
    Aragorn Right Side.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 141
    46 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.