• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ziggurat Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Okay so I haven't really made any skins before however I decided to give it a shot (actually I tried to make one for my own uses).

So I made this skin for Ziggurat (still unfinished) but I've drawn the basic lines for the skins so you can kinda see how it will look like ingame except there is not many (or any) small details or definion yet.

However I thought I'd ask for people's opinion and ask a few guestions (even though they might be more modelling based):

1. First question is about the upgrade 1 & 2 of the Ziggurat, the "shard" floating above the actual ziggurat seems to have wrapped into 2 different sections using two different parts of the skin image, is there any other way to chage that than manipulating the actual model.

2. One part of the skin (the team colored part (black and white stripes) will show up way brighter than other parts of the model ingame, but not in WC3 Viewer, any specific reason why this happens, I guess it's something to do with the model lighting/shading.

3. When I edited the team colored part of the skin image into a grid like surface (similar to what the skin now has on certain parts but with transparent and black parts) the skin stopped working, showing only the team colored part, I have no idea why. Does some one know?

After finishing the skin, is there any good ways to reduce the filesize without reducing the quality of the skin ingame?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ZigguratProfile512x512.tga
    337.7 KB · Views: 130
  • ZigguratProfile512x512.blp
    451.5 KB · Views: 112
Level 25
1.No other options than model editing, blame Lazyrd Entertainment for that.
2.Maybe in the Alpha, It is too bright or just a plain plane, just darken kt with dodge/burn tool.
3.Maybe you Alphaed out everything, the only part that can use team color are the one that has a separate geoset for TC(ex. Stairs).

Status
Not open for further replies.