• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Dante's Inferno Model [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, been gone for a while, back with some model wip :

C&C plz

attachment.php

thnx

T.

Attachments

• screen01.jpg
    screen01.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 11,282
Level 3
From front there is nothing to criticize. Great texture and model. It should not use many polygons for its simplistic forms, main depth and feeling gives texture which is well done. You got skills. How much hours? Software used? Unwrap time? Such things interest me mostly because you operate beyond basic level.

yes, i second that, i thought it would be leather :p
though i think as sc2 is emerging this thread is dead, arent it?

Morph, stop spreading bad fortune everwhere you go. Wc3 won't die, because wc3 is different from SC2. Or can you explain why SC didn't die on the release of Wc3? No. That's what I though.

Anyway, I liked the outcome of chest part, metal texture was good. Although i would increase the size of the crown spikes a little bit.

Level 2
I'm really enjoying the style of this model. It's got this cel-shading feel to it. I'd say stick with it. Though, I'd definitely think about fixing up the collar area. The black bits are a little fuzzy and could use some smoothing out.

Morph, stop spreading bad fortune everwhere you go. Wc3 won't die, because wc3 is different from SC2. Or can you explain why SC didn't die on the release of Wc3? No. That's what I though.

Anyway, I liked the outcome of chest part, metal texture was good. Although i would increase the size of the crown spikes a little bit.

1. I am not spreading "bad fortune"... I am saying THE TRUTH (or what i think is the truth, else i wouldnt be confident of what i say and wouldnt say it at all...

2. You still havent found out what i am all about^^
Its no big deal to say "yay, gj +rep", but to give constructive crits is very hard to give... i prefer the latter, thus u thik i'm just rude or something, which is not the true... in fact i am even more gentle to people than those who only have to say something stupid like "cool" and nothing more, because i help people evolve their skillz....

3. SC didnt die gaming wise... But there havent been many new maps for sc in years, have there?

4. There will be some people modding wc3 in future... true!
But those people are either lazy (because they dont want to make highres models), dumb (because they dont see that ge > we), or nostalgic (like if u still like to play with playmobil when u got Lego at home)...
And those arent many i guess!

5. Everyone not changing over to sc2 is a fool. period! (except he/she still has a big project going on he/she doesnt want to abandon, thats cool)

6. So... Is this still in progress or what?

1. I am not spreading "bad fortune"... I am saying THE TRUTH (or what i think is the truth, else i wouldnt be confident of what i say and wouldnt say it at all...

Its no big deal to say "yay, gj +rep", but to give constructive crits is very hard to give... i prefer the latter, thus u thik i'm just rude or something, which is not the true... in fact i am even more gentle to people than those who only have to say something stupid like "cool" and nothing more, because i help people evolve their skillz....

3. SC didnt die gaming wise... But there havent been many new maps for sc in years, have there?

But those people are either lazy (because they dont want to make highres models), dumb (because they dont see that ge > we), or nostalgic (like if u still like to play with playmobil when u got Lego at home)...

5. Everyone not changing over to sc2 is a fool. period! (except he/she still has a big project going on he/she doesnt want to abandon, thats cool)

Calling people fools just because they prefer something does not make you look and sound very gentle. Neither it proves to be much intelligent. It is only arrogant and generalising. Period.

Level 28

1. That's all just from a subjective point of view, your truth is not the general stated truth.

2. Yet you didn't provide constructive criticism here, you said that it's useless to create wc3-models because sc2 is coming soon.
Please tell me which part of that would be considered 'constructive criticism'.

3. I wouldn't know, it's still the 'national sport' in Korea though.

4. sc2 doesn't contain fantasy models, so if you want to create a fantasy map - you're better off with warcraft.
You don't have to be dumb/nostalgic/lazy to create wc3-maps, warcraft is a completely different universe than starcraft, each has it's ups and downs (of course: sc2 has more ups than downs, but it's new... most new things outbeat the older stuff).
Yes: the wc3 mapping community will grow smaller in time, but it would even if sc2 did not come out, it's around 10 years old now.

5. A fool because of what? Because they like to play warcraft? Because they like creating maps with the we? Ever heard of personal preference?

Choose your words more carefully, think before replying.
It's not because you are a true starcraft II fan that everyone is or should be (you even say that those who don't prefer starcraft are fools... how 'gentle' of you).

i am no sc2 fan at all, in fact i dont like the lore...

@Frank:
I didnt call anybody a fool because of their preference, but because of technical limits that are worse in wc3 than it will be in sc2...
everyone thats not going to change to sc2 is a fool because u have a muhc wider base u can build upon...
and i excluded a lot of people because of nostalgy, own projects, lazyness and so on
so please tell me where the f**** i generalized and said EVERYONE IS A FOOL >.<

@apo
1. man, can u read? do u see what i wrote in brackets? i thought i wrote something like "[...] what i think is the truth" man, how much more should i write to state its subjective?

2. this was a respond to Frank in general, he said "dont spread bad fortune everywhere u go" which i think was pointing in the direction that i am always complaining... but people misunderstand mostly that i am not making their models bad, but trying to help them in getting better...
maybe in this thread i didnt help talyor much, true...
but taylor is a really great artist, so there wasnt much to complain about!

3. making maps? making maps for sc1 is still a national sport in korea? no, i dont think so!

4. yeah, preferring the wc3 lore would count to be nostalgic, huh? it already grew smaller since a few years, sc2 is just decapitating it :p

5. nostalgy?

i dont think u have to tell me to think man...

Status
Not open for further replies.