• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Redknukle Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I decided ( for now ) not to do any more models from the warcraft universe, I wanted to do something different, a Diablo 3 based model, the redknucles.
WIP based on the concept art by Blizzard.
Concept art ( scroll down to the bottom )
some C&C plz

attachment.php

T.

Attachments

• Redknuckels_Screen01.png
    Redknuckels_Screen01.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 477
Level 5
looks really cool :D
Do you make separate meshes for the details? like eyes, mouth and teeth?
I always try to keep my models at one single mesh but that brings me some trouble

Level 6
Wonderfull!!! i knew you would comeback :) im happy cause im a big fan of the diablo series :)

BTW: What modeling program you using?

Level 6
You should make a tutorial how to model! i am one of the one that want to learn to model :)

Auh I 'm not into making tutorials, but try this, it is a short list on the steps I do
  • pick your artwork
  • check the dimensions, x an Y
  • in max, or gmax, create a plane with the same dimensions, and add the artwork as the texture
  • create a plane and start positioning the vertiches where there are needed ( that is the hard part )
  • then if you do not have another view of the artwork, ( this is the hardest part ) position the vertiches ( they are still in a flat position ) so that you create depth in the model.
  • then you can create another plane or extrude the sides ( thats what I do ) and position them in the right spots
  • doesn't matter ( yet ) if the model is too slim or too thick, just make sur the proportions look good, at the end of the modeling adjust the thickness with some FDD deformation
this was very short but I'll see where I can find a good url to model :)

T.

Level 14
I look incredible cool! I knew that you wouldn't quit.

Edit: Did I just type, "I" look incredible cool!

oh well, I hope you understood that I meant the model looks incredible cool >.<

Last edited:
Level 6
Auh I 'm not into making tutorials, but try this, it is a short list on the steps I do
  • pick your artwork
  • check the dimensions, x an Y
  • in max, or gmax, create a plane with the same dimensions, and add the artwork as the texture
  • create a plane and start positioning the vertiches where there are needed ( that is the hard part )
  • then if you do not have another view of the artwork, ( this is the hardest part ) position the vertiches ( they are still in a flat position ) so that you create depth in the model.
  • then you can create another plane or extrude the sides ( thats what I do ) and position them in the right spots
  • doesn't matter ( yet ) if the model is too slim or too thick, just make sur the proportions look good, at the end of the modeling adjust the thickness with some FDD deformation
this was very short but I'll see where I can find a good url to model :)

T.

thank you very much :)

Level 11
Model is great, you could use same smoothing grops maybe so we actually have better picture of it ? How much poly ?

And one of good tips is to o geometry first as most simple you can and then improve and add more details, and not opposite, like I see most people do and then they can continue with their work...

EDIT: Btw I think that last legs position where it binds with the body is too close with the ass xD, but not sure hm..

Status
Not open for further replies.