• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Small preview of one of the wip custom units that will be used in my map.
This along with several other models will be released before the map as a pre-release model pack.

C&C welcome.
Cannibal Worker
and
Cannibal Flesh Ripper

Attachments

• wirerawr.jpg
    wirerawr.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 110
  • wirerawr3.jpg
    wirerawr3.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 106
  • uh.jpg
    uh.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 136
  • findone.jpg
    findone.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 101
  • muahaha.jpg
    muahaha.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Level 2
no point in making it any smoother atm, since i have not added the armor or weapons yet. Not to mention it wont be noticed in game anyhow.

The face looks funny because its a mutated half orc.

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Show a wireframe shot please.

Level 12
Make the unwrap more efficient so it uses the whole image and so it flows better. For instance don't put the legs connected to the face, but the rest of the body. Also instead of having the middle of the chest connect with the middle of the chest change it so the side of the chest is connected to the side of the back because those parts are actually touching, helping the skin flow more.

Level 2
The texture is unwrapped fine, no need to make it "flow" the major areas are connected as needed, the legs and face are not connected in uvw only on the texture.
as for having the sides connected thats no good since you never see that area, you generally wrap a low poly model so that the area with the greatest chance of being seen has the most area for detail.
I didnt use the whole image because im going to placing a lot more texture on the image for possible armor and weapons.

I dont unwrap and then texture, i texture then unwrap.(its not perfect but it works)

Chriz. ill do that

Last edited:
Level 2
Yes he said he got lazy with the skin.
The model is around 470 triangles, he has ye to trim it down.

TBH the arm, and leg is to defined, and the back is just boring.

Level 2
Camel, firstly that ref pic isn't the best. Second, compare the back to the face. Quality comparison, do think thats the final product? Plus take a look at the back, the muscles are correct just not defined at all. nor sized correctly. Another thing, you don't get the bulge when your shoulders are not rolled back in relaxed pose the muscles generally do not appear in four lumps on your back. granted the skin is not perfect or even close.

The empty space is to allow for room to do more with the skin such as attachments all on one skin so i do not need to import another texture file for some of the basic weapons and clothes.

Also the extra space may be used when I add on to the model.

Level 12
Look, you really need to learn how to take crits. People are just trying to help out, and you completely ignore what everyone says, making up excuses. You asked c&c and people gave them, but you fail to see how your model and skin is not even close to as good as it could be. The muscle on your model's back is wrong. There is no round muscle like that on the back. If your skin was like how real muscles were, then you would have a huge muscle right over your shoulder blade instead of next to it. In your back your muscles flow together. Also the muscles below the 'peck' on the back are wrong. There should be one large muscle unlike stomach muscles so it shouldn't be defined into smaller parts like you have it on your skin.

Also there is not a much difference between the back and the face. The most difference is between the arms and the face. Well I tried to help, but it seems I failed since you won't look at your thing without your mind clouded.

OBERmus002.gif

Level 2
again your reference fails. http://www.exrx.net/Graphics/image12.gif

First, camel i take crits fine. the only one to say anything was you and you keep saying the same thing over and over again. and not to mention what you are saying is not a crit, you are simply saying what you would have done in the first post which is something i would not have I have been doing this much longer than you i think i can decide on my own skin layout style. The skin is not done and not in question if it was i would have posted in the skinning section. as for your comments on the skin.

look closely, the skin is not done. So of course its not going to look 100%.
the major muscles are there, granted miss shaded in a few areas and th wrong size and slightly off position because it was a rush job(just getting the color and basic shapes down) and finished just to show the model.

Also i'm fine with comments on the skin but If i wanted help on the skin, i wouldn't come here number 1(i would consult people on irc) and number 2 i would have went to the skin section with the images.

Attachments

• tsktsk.jpg
    tsktsk.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 99
Level 1
rofl..... ok no offense but the he looks like one of those caveman people, but the thumbnails look pritty good!

Level 2
none taken, i was going for cave manish actually. Thanks.

You see this is a race of people who have mutated into these half orcish human things that pretty much are roving bands of cannibals

Last edited:
Level 1
kewl... cannibals eek, lol ok well good luck wit dat, i did this skin once with arthas and i gave him those pitch black demon eyes and yeah it neva came out to good

Status
Not open for further replies.