• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
TeaserTerrain.jpg

TeaserTerrain2.jpg

The reason i post in the model critique forum, is actually because the whole terrain is a model. Remember it's WIP, so be honest, or else we cant improve it. ;)

It's from a map me and my friend InfinityNexus are working on, which is going to be part of the first set of maps released along with Project WarSoc.

EDIT: Btw, the black spot between the two red crystals is a unit, not part of the terrain.

Last edited:
Level 6
It's nice, but I agree, the lava is just too bright. There should be more variety to it than just PURE lava. Honestly, if the lava was that bright and that close to anything.. it would melt it instantly, or perhaps burst anyone into flames.

But, on a lighter note: the terrain is well done.

Level 12
Even though its a pain in the ass to do all those blending terrain texture parts, ill do it.. aaaand im thinking about doing a little subdivide 4.. the terrain will go from about 3000 polies it is now to about 12000 polies

(the lava has already been changed, now it looks just as bright, but theres not a lot of it visible since theres floating rocks, dirt and stuff :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.