• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Post your WIP's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
Post your WIP's!

Got any WIP you'd like to show us?
Any half finished models you are lacking ideas for? This is the
right place for you, post pictures, videos or anything related
to your models that you need help with, suggestions, ideas
etc.

When I saw this Thread in the
Terrain-Forum, I thought, a similar thread
in the modelling forum wouldn't be a bad idea.
So jeah, credits to OffGraphic :p

Level 51

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So jeah. I finally achieved to create my first totally scratch
made model (except some bones, where I just was to lazy
to do them :p). It should show some fallen Demigod, that
now rises again (which you can see on the bones, the thin
hide everywhere etc.). I still need some suggestions what I
could add on the back. Gonna use most likely Grypt lord animations.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Archmage-Model for Shadows of Everwood. The staff is a placeholder. I edited the Be-Robe.blp texture to show teamcolour.
It's gonna most likely use Jaina-Animations. Any ideas for it?

Attachments

• chest.JPG
    chest.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 813
  • Fallen God.JPG
    Fallen God.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 876
  • Fallengod2.JPG
    Fallengod2.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 808
  • Fallengod3.JPG
    Fallengod3.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 842
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 147
  • Head.JPG
    Head.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 893
  • WIP2.JPG
    WIP2.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 924
  • WIPP.JPG
    WIPP.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 900
  • WIPP3.JPG
    WIPP3.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 877
Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

The open torso on that Archmage looks absolutely ridiculous, you ought to make the robe cover her shoulder to feet. Otherwise pretty cool, I'm personally not so fond of huge pauldrons, especially on mages, but I guess it goes in style with Blizzard's art.

As for the Nightsabre - looks like a wolf whelp more so than a feline. Less grin, shorter fur and different eyes would help a long way. I mean, the body of the model is fine, but the texture deceives.

Level 4
Oh no! Well I guess you can call it practice and the final will be that much better.

Level 6
you know that's a funny story...I wanted to remove some old files from my computer and I deleted some max files...next day I saw that max couldn't find the Naga Basilisk Pit file. I should have it remade in a day or two...

You suck at writing short funny stories :p

I'm sorry I spammed, I couldn't help it..

Level 4
Huh, couldn't you just exportt the one embeded in your map, convert, and work with that one? Obviously won't have you latest changes, but better than scratch if you had no back-up.

Level 34
Well, here is my another small wip. It's a WoW sword (thats why i wont publish it here), using wc3 textures. The goal is, that it is animated. It's hovering in the air and well.. fighting by him self:3
For now it has about 15 pretty simple anims and i'm correctly working on ribbon emiter and runes at his blade (Well, its easy too see, that runes are half finished). Mesh didnt take me much time, coz it's only a reskin with several addittions, yet it looks pretty cute:)

EDIT: One more wip model. Correctly now im too lasy to finish it but.. just take a look:3

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 3.png
    3.png
    246.6 KB · Views: 187
Level 51
Uh jeah, this thread is getting more active lately :goblin_good_job:

Small post:3
Finished runes, anims and skull. Several ribbon emiters and it will be finished.

Looks quite good, but I still tell you, make the base model again from scratch, you will be way more satisfied with it! :)

Looks awesome, the only thing I'd complain is, that his head looks a bit like a diver-helmet. Otherwise, nice.

Level 34
Another little wip screenie from me:
It's some kind of giant demonic arm, realizing it self out of the ground, and slamming poor enemy target with it's giant palm:3
Didn't realy take much time from me, but still needs some minor edits.
Edit: oh, its my #100 post here:3

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 2.png
    2.png
    97 KB · Views: 83
Level 51
Looks nice Eubz. I suggest you add a bit more polies though to make it rounder.

WIP from me, a little thing I quickly made to get back to milkshape after a long break.

spawn1.JPG spawn2.JPG

It is my first complete scratch model. I'm so proud of it, as I finally was able to make one, even if it is simple :3

Some fancy accesoirces as well as most likely dranai-animations are going to come. And yes, I'm addicted to these bloody hell awesome open-stomatch things :D

Note: the legs aren't that much away from each other anymore, I fixed that already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.