• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Replays: "Map Previews"

Should Mapmakers be Allowed to Upload Replays as Map Previews?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I believe that it would be a very good idea to let replays be uploaded with the maps. Only one replay of course. The replays would be seperate from the map, b/c I know I would rather see a map preview before I downloaded a map. The replays can act as map previews. Many descriptions are rather vague, or just cannot truly convey the nature of the map. Allowing mapmakers to upload replays would help greatly. Hopefully you will take this to heart.

Level 11
Hasn't this already been discussed? This is a mod forum... I don't find the replay stuff necessary. What you need to do is open the replay => upload it and so... I don't find this needed at all. People don't upload anything they find useless. If they find the description sucky they won't upload the replay either.

Level 3
I haven't heard this discussed b4, but I suppose u could dl it with the map. I know I like to see the map sometimes, b/c the descriptions probably describe it well enough, but then u dl it and it is crappy *** **** when you host it or watev, and your stuck sitting there saying: "Well, the description was good..."

Status
Not open for further replies.