• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Sanity's Edge Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Screenies!
I tried my best for terrains.
I spent about 2 hours making my castle. It requires a lot of skin stealing from the first mission or Mordork's Quest.
Now I need a good/skin for the king. Any suggestions would be nice.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_080709_120748_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080709_120748_03.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 94
  • WC3ScrnShot_080709_120804_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080709_120804_04.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 130
  • WC3ScrnShot_080709_120813_05.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080709_120813_05.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 106
  • WC3ScrnShot_080709_120825_06.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080709_120825_06.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 108
  • WC3ScrnShot_080709_120729_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080709_120729_01.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 126
  • WC3ScrnShot_080709_120833_07.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080709_120833_07.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 99
  • WC3ScrnShot_080709_120850_08.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080709_120850_08.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 117
  • WC3ScrnShot_080609_184629_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080609_184629_02.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 125
  • WC3ScrnShot_080609_184651_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080609_184651_04.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 108
  • WC3ScrnShot_080609_183919_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080609_183919_01.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 99
  • WC3ScrnShot_080709_115534_09.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080709_115534_09.jpg
    524.1 KB · Views: 116
  • WC3ScrnShot_080709_115508_07.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080709_115508_07.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 169
  • WC3ScrnShot_080709_115457_06.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080709_115457_06.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 139
  • WC3ScrnShot_080709_115359_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080709_115359_03.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 86
  • WC3ScrnShot_080709_115432_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080709_115432_04.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 95
  • WC3ScrnShot_080709_115438_05.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080709_115438_05.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 88
Level 3
Sorry I've been away for a while. Had a death in the family so I hope I wasn't too missed.

I've also been working on my Jass, so I've not been completely without productivity.

If you want, I could take a shot at any spell/idea that you're thinking of. Like the boomerang axethrow, for example.

@Vosty: The castle interior looks really nice. Can't wait to see it filled with little people.

Level 12
That is what I was thinking.
The castles is easy to make, it was the imports that messed me up.
All it is is a bunch of archways and single columns, with an edited wood texture.

I stole the idea and textures form Med. Map guy and I think they were made by Armel.
-Insert-, is it good to see you again.
I'm gonna fiz some other stuff before I add some scenes to the castle, like make the city have an orange sky.

Level 12
If anyone has some time, it would be nice if they made a list of links to good models or skins for a king. If not I'll just ask Misha or Grayzzz for something, but to release them form their loads would be okay for now, since they got some stuff later.

Btw: Leet.Firefox is in the opening credits page, I was just have a problem with the floatingtext when I made the screens without noticing.

I need two music themes also:
One scary dark one, for the blighted hills.
One cheery tune, for the kingdom, but not so cheery that it seems too happy. Remeber, it is sunset, once I make the sky orange and the fog around it orange too.

Off-Topic: SoL, you stole my soul.

Level 12
Apocalyptica, a very nice choice.
I can't use that necessarily effeciently because it is a youtube video, but my Bro has got a TON of Acopolyptica on his laptop (zune pass) and I mgiht be able to steal some.
Finally someone with taste.
I got a !@#load of Metallica, Iron Maiden, some Antrax, and even some Anhilator if anyone is interested in that stuff. They are not really cheery though, and not enough slow paced to set a dark mood, but an aggresive one (like a bossfight).
I also got some other crap, but it is OLD. (Ac/Dc, Aerosmith, tool, NIN, Smashing pumpkins, killers and other Altenative crap like Rage against the machine.)
I bet most of you lost me at the bands, but ok whatever.
Like that one sol, but I just repped you.
Maybe some cheery stuff now?

Level 12
Offtopic: SCA: Jousting tournaments? That sound hillarious and extremely fun! Except the par where you wear 17th century clothes...

OnLTopic: Music is ok, but really ancient. The high pitched chanting is very interesting, but more of a canter would be nice.

Level 12
If I turned it donw to a lower volume, taht one would work ok. It is very cheerful, but once the people start talking, I'm basically gonna have to drone it out to 5%, because it will very well hide them under the pipes =D.
Now I just gotta get an mp3 for that one (any help would be nice.) and one other thing:
Do you guys want me to smash the filesize of the mp3's down with ImTOO, or leave them at their larger filesizes (It helps some, and I don't notice the difference until I do it like 3 times.

Level 3
Hey all.

I have been somewhat active the past couple days. In fact, I happen to have a rough version of the axe boomerang ability finished. The caster throws an axe that spins around in an ellipse, dealing damage to any units that it touches before returning to the caster. The current version does not, however, allow the caster to move around once the axe is thrown, though I will attempt to make a version that does allow the caster to move if necessary. That requires a good bit more math.

Level 12
Hmm...
I haven't been working on the spells, but apparantly some one is.
That is good. If he could walk around would be pretty cool, but it not necessary.
We're gonna make some inventory sytems and other stuff before we begin, but we can start with spells.
I'm gonna keep working on the cinematic, but not tommoror.
I'm goin to the fair!

Level 3
Have fun.

I sent the code for the weapon system to Spanky earlier today. It basically just detects what kind of weapon is equipped (sword, axe, hammer) and manipulates a global so that spells can have different effects for each weapon type. The weapon items will have a small extension to their name that says what their type is (i.e. [SWD],[AXE],[HAM]).

Level 6
Yeah, cause what my idea was, is that every skill/ability that the hero has is a type of fighting ability, and depending on wether the hero is using a axe, sword, or hammer as a weapon, it may have different effects. That way the player can customize to his style, a speedy sword, a heavy-but-slow hammer, or a choppity chop axe. I am also currently thinking on a unique skill-learning system, cause when you think about it... a battle-hardened mercenary should already know plenty of skills, so why must he learn the combat skills again?? But no worries, me gotz meh planz!

Level 3
Here's a map with the basic weapon system concept attached. Note that the current system doesn't check for requirements such as level or attribute points. There are two swords, two axes, a hammer, and a non-weapon on the map.

EDIT: I've updated the map with the Boomerang Throw ability added to the hero. Once thrown, the hero can move around and the axe will come back to him. Also, the ability does different damages for the different weapons you wield (in this case it's only damage, but the ability can be set to do any number of different things for each case).

Attachments

• item_testing.w3x
    23.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Level 6
I want to sign up as brainstormer. thank you.
EDIT: just found this.
do we have a set model for the final boss? because i vote this one!

Last edited:
Level 12
I will try that soon.
Thank you.
Hijax, you may join as a brainstormer.
We also got some other Jass guy wantig to join, but he isn't posting here so far.
I also gotta view that model in a bit.
EDIT: Hijax, just PM Flat, because he isn't on much, and it will alert him when he is on.

Level 12
A sad post

@-Insert Comment-: I never got to tell you how AWESOME your spell is. It uses a lot of X-Y coordinates and Trig, so I didn't full understand it, but I worked well for the main part. I am gonna have a lot of fun cutting ropes on un-pathable areas and stuff. It is a good way ot add some secrets. =D

Last edited:
Level 12
I edited that post 2 above mine, because I don't want to do it anymore (I asked if we should close this down. A HORRIBLE Idea now that I think about it.). I was just in a bad state of mind. I feel much better now today.
I'll keep it open, get some models, fix up some stuff, add more scenes, get more screenshots, and then send it over to Leet (because I looked around in the terrain gallery and MY terrain is not even CLOSE to their terrains. I am bad, due to my fear of Imports. I like them, but am too lazy to import them. =D)

Where are you all now?
I guess most of you will return around September, becasue you have to be home for school.

Level 6
I RETURN! *bats fly out of the computers and slap the ones reading this message* lol. Sorry for the long AFKness, but I am back. And I have a couple of ideas. This idea concerns how the hero will learn his spells during the campaign. Now, here is my idea.

Our hero, is a battle-hardened mercenary, and even though people always get stronger as they fight, it doesnt make sense for a hardened warrior to have to learn his abilities again as he levels, so what my idea is, is that the hero will be able to swap skills so it would match him the best. For example, I currently have plenty of different abilities planned in my head, so there will be more then 10-15 different abilities. Now, in my opinion, our hero should only be able to have 4 certain skills and be able to swap those for other skills. (may be changed however). most of the skills will have different/better/worse effects depending on the weapon the hero will be using, so this will allow the player to customize their hero to their liking. However, what fun would it be if the only thing the hero gets when he levels = stats.. which comes my next idea.

When the hero defeats a boss, one of the rewards (depends on boss though, some bosses wont drop this type of reward) will be either a complete new ability, or a 'Enhanced' version of one of the current skills that the hero has. For example: Lets say there is a ability called: Power Horizontal Slice or something. Now, this spell would basically do a frontal-cone aoe strike, which may have different effects depending on the weapon. Now, lets say the hero slays that Haknorra fire boss (forgot his correct name). After slaying the boss, you may get a enhanced version of the horizontal slice ability, that if you are using a sword when you use the ability, it also shoots out a fire cone from the strike, not only dealing initial damage but also Damage Over Time. This enhanced ability would also be swappable from the regular, or the enhanced, for the enhanced may cost more mana or have a larger cooldown. But now, how will the hero swap his abilities? The hero can swap his abilities by going to a certain -Safe- area, like a town, city, village, or camp. There will be many starting abilities to customize your hero. Maybe later if I am not busy I will start sending some abilities to the spell makers of the group. For now, I head into my bat-cave.

Level 12
Like a reward point, to spend in skill shops.
Interesting.
I really want the weapon system to affect MOST or ALL of the moves.
Send me some spell stuff, because I'm in a bit of phase where I am having trouble moving around in my "system." BUT I can write spells on the go, so send me da Spellz!

Level 14
Yea here's a few
Hawk eye shot
Need: bow
Increases range and power by X.
Battle Call
Need: none
Boost damage, speed, and defence by X
Blood Blade
Need: axe or sword
Attack that uses the blood of the enemy to increase damage to area by X

Level 6
Out of the 3 abilities, I like the battle call one the most. I dont like the first one cause I dont think the hero is a bow hero. He is a melee fighter. Blood Blade is good, but what do you exactly mean by blood of the enemy, like the percentage of his health? Like if he has alot of health the ability will do more damage? That will seem like a boss killer, but if worked around that can become a cool spell reward. Probably from like a vampire or blood boss or something. Battle Call will be a neat Get-a-way spell when bosses use abilities with a timer, and it will be a good fighting ability when alot of enemies are near you.

Hmmm... just read the masteries idea and i like it. but i think we need to do some serious planning.

or hero is a battle hardend warrior but he isdoin so many incredible things. i think that by completing different missions and defeating different bosses you should get more skill points and upgrades on your exsisting skills, but these have to do with the bosses. and also i think you should start with all of you skills but as you play you should choose which path to take them down.

Like say there is a skill like... Battlecall. after you defeat a boss you have the option to either upgrade battlecall to a new 'level' on its current trackor to bring it down a new one on a different track. so say you beat the fire boss. then your have the choice to upgrade Battlecall to either Warcall (level 2 on same track) or doomhorn (needs horn, level 2 on different track.) get my meaning?

and its random or preset by each boss. so you beat an ice boss, you can update Doomhorn to Hellhorn (level 3 same track) or to Frozencall (level 3 ice track...) you can learn these same skills from trainers... sorry if its confusing... any questions?

Level 12
So like a super weaving talent tree?
I am going to work on it this weekend I think. Fill me in so some more...
Also for masteries, I picked out the oubvious ones right away:
Axe Mastery
Sword Mastery
Hammer Mastery

Any more? I also added a "Special" Category, but I might replace it with a more presise one. Waht should I replace it with?
Hopefully I get get a dang Angus model, so I can continue working on my cinematic. I need him to continue.

Just use the villagerman with no shirt for now, and replace him later.

Yes let me give you another example for the talent tree:

Level.......1..................2.....................3.......................4.......................5

Basic: Battlecall.......Warcall..............Warsong............Warhorn...........Ancient Warcry
:
Other1 ................Bloodcurdle...........Doomcall...........Ragehorn...........Demonic Yell.....
:
Other2...............Chilling Lamet.........Icy Scream.......Glacial Horn..........Frostbellow......
:
Other3................Flaming Call.........Emberscream.....Infernal Cry..........Volcanic Roar....

Info: Level 2 is the first level for special versions of Battlecall
The Specials are Chaos, Fire and ice.
Fire doeas slight AOE and increases attack speed more than battlecall but does'nt affect defense or attack power as much.

Ice slows enemies and increases defense but doesent affect attack speed or attack as much.

Chaos increases attack speed and Attakc power greatly but reduces defense slightly.

Does that help?
Just an idea.

Level 12
Yeah, that meake more sense now. I gaot several spells that we're going to have (Maybe around 20 as a start. You probably won't see all of them in the first update.) for Angus. I will try to make a few, based off of ideas I have, my friend gave me, and any you guys here have to offer. Amking a talent tree like this one won't be easy.

For instance, the spells are going to be a bit based off of stats. An example (This result is a quite random number of damage. This is not the real number.):

(Stength x 3) + (Mastery of (Current Weapon Type) x 5.5) + (100) = damage.

Now this is only some random phrase. Not that certain moves may not work for certain weapons (For instance, boormerang would not work with a hammer, right?) and you may require a certain amount of a stat in the first place to get a move.

Now the points that you buy talent/moves with. Do you get it at every level, or every boss, or stray power-ups that lie around, or any of these combined?

Any other suggestions or a full overview of how you think the stat sytem should be run is nice.

Possibly, so... how 'bout this?
Level up: get Skillpoint (new ability) and Training points
Beat boss: get upgrades in abilitys
Use weapon for X number of kills: get improved masteries.
Skill trainers: lean new masteries, abilities, and upgrade exsisting ones. but only if the trainer is more skilled than you. (perhapse you can train NPC allies if you are skilled enough?)

Level 12
Really....
I just started a sytem with dialog boxes how you pick your masteries. I can easily add anythin right now, cause I got like... zero spells.
But sub just seems a little too.. presise. It just ruins the simplicity. I do like it, just I don't know if its good for my health.

Level 12
Talk to Flat. He is mostly in charge or project enrollment and stuff.
ideas are welocome from anyone. Just kinda spit them out here, but try to stay on the current discussion. (Currently, we were dicussing Weapons and move training.)

Status
Not open for further replies.