• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Elemental Encounters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally this is a map that contains lots of bossfights and you try to defeat the bosses. The reason I called it the elemental encounters is because you have encounters with huge elemental bosses that you try to vanquish. With 11 dedicated members for the project, that makes this a pretty large team that willl strive to make the game as best and fun they can. One thing that makes this map unique though is the custom hero system. You are able to change nearly everything on your hero. The model, the spells, the heros stats and i'm thinking of doing a name randomizer too. But if you want to make a deathknight, then you can just select the death knight model, his spells, and also select the stats that are suggested.

The team is here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/group.php?groupid=633

This map features[c]A save/load code
An item recipe system
Some really epic bossfights
An arrow key movement system
A custom hero system
Or maybe even a pvp system

The bossesEarth (complete but needs fix)
Dark (complete)
Light(complete)
Fire (complete)
Wind (in progress)
Ice (in progress)
Water (in progress)
Nature (complete)
Blood (complete)
Poison (complete)
Electricity (complete)

Demonic (complete)
Iron (complete)
Arcane (complete)

Dark:
193066-albums3796-picture35262.jpg

Earth:
193066-albums3796-picture35263.jpg

Fire:
193066-albums3796-picture35264.jpg

Ice:
193066-albums3796-picture35265.jpg

Light:
193066-albums3796-picture35266.jpg

Earth:
Repeating events:
Magma strikes: The earth master goes into a fit of rage for about 5 seconds, dealing 120-160 damage dealing AOE.
Earthquake: The earthmaster does a mighty stomp, shaking the ground and dealing 100-150 damage in an area of 300.

Phases:
Phase 2: In the earthmaster's phase 2, he goes into a rage after going down to 50% health and summons two powerful rock golems and then starts summoning shockwaves every few seconds, dealing 80-140 damage in an area of 300.

Repeating events:
Ambush: The lord of darkness' minions occasionally slip out of the shadows, dealing damage to their victims.
Meteors: Throughout the fight, meteors will occasionally fall down into the area, dealing damage to whoever it hits, dealing 90-160 damage.

Phases:
Phase 2: Phase 2 is activated once the lord of darkness' health is at 80 percent. He will then dissapear after summoning 10 dark minions who you have to kill. After you have killed them, the dark lord respawns.
Phase 3: When the dark lord is down to 40% health, once again he summons 10 dark minions and dissapears again. Once they all die, he respawns again, leaving the rest of the boss fight tank and spank.

Repeating events:
Arc light: Every 30-40 seconds the light boss damages all units in an area of 300, dealing 120-170 damage. Would like to thank crillepro for the effects.
Random damage: Every 10-19 seconds of game time, the light lord targets an individual unit randomly, dealing 150-200 damage.
Purge: Every 15-23 seconds of game time, the light lord purges all units in an area of 300, making the victims lose 100-150 mana/

Phases:
Phase 2: When the light lord goes down to 40% health, he goes into a rage and summons 10 light minions by his side, as well as rapidly summon meteors down to the area for the rest of the fight.

Coming soon

Coming soon

Coming soon

Current members of the projectPosition

Darkzealot_128
Triggerer and project leader
x3Glike2d artist responsible for loading screen and map preview picture and is also responsible for game trailer.
-Peper-story maker and 3d modeler
Zealon1st beta tester
eldubs2nd beta tester
Aslit3rd beta tester and 2nd spellmaker
defskull1st spell maker
Izanagi4th BETA tester and 3rd triggerer
Ampharos_2221st 2d artist
Kazzo2nd 2d artist
TitaniaTerrainer

Last edited:
Level 3
Sorry, im making a very little RPG and i do only know the basics of trigger-making. Can I ask something?
How do i make a trigger for the creep respawn in my map.

Sorry, im making a very little RPG and i do only know the basics of trigger-making. Can I ask something?
How do i make a trigger for the creep respawn in my map.

It is pretty easy. Here is a simple trigger:

• Example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
    • Actions
      • Wait 9.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
But if you want to have a less laggy map and people to like you triggering better then here:

• Good Example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
    • Actions
      • Set pointvariable = (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Wait 9.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at pointvariable facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_pointvariable)
(Btw in the custom script edit the variable name at end but keep the udg_)
Also I inserted that wait 1 seconds thing because I have fixed some bugs by putting it in but I don't think you need it. You can also (obviously) fix the wait time to respawn the guy.
Change the condition too unless it is assuming neutral hostile owns the dying guy.

Level 3
Thank you im going to test if i can make it work.
Edit: But i wanted to make units get back to life in the place they started, so i did this thing:
Identify
Events
Unit - A unit owned by Jugador 12 (brown) Is attacked
Conditions
Actions
Set RespawnableUnit = (Attacked unit)
Region - Center Region 001 <gen> on (Position of (Attacked unit))
Trigger - Turn on Respawn <gen>
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Then:
Reanimate
Events
Unit - A unit owned by Jugador 12 (brown) Dies
Conditions
(Dying unit) Igual a RespawnableUnit
Actions
Wait 9.00 seconds
Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing (Random point in (Playable map area))
Trigger - Turn on Identify <gen>
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
But i meant creeps to respawn in the same point they died.

Last edited:
Level 9
An idea, if you want a bit more meat to the map, would be to maybe have lesser bosses? I'm not exactly sure if you'd want that, but you could maybe have guardian type characters that are under the broad elements the bosses follow.

Say for the nature elemental boss, you face guardians like guardian of the forest or guardian of the tree or something like that. I'm not sure if you already have your system balanced, so I don't want to push an idea that would force you to change the balancing system.

Other element ideas - (Not really elements)

Storm
Iron (Not sure)
Demonic (Again not sure)
Explosive (Just lol)

I can't really think of any element based bosses lol. Feel free to use any of those, but I tried to choose "elementalish" types.

Good luck ^^

Level 13
Ah, so you've made the development thread.

Do you think its possible to make a trigger or somthing, that changes the name of your hero to what your default warcraft 3 name is, if you know what I mean?

Or somthing that allows you to type the name of your hero ingame?

Level 17
hmm, about the Bosses, i have an idea, use the pandaren brew master as the final boss, i suggest him because he control 3 element, as you know, the fire, earth , and strom or the lighning, and as refence (i am not too sure about this) you can use my pandaren as the final bosses, i havent upload it all but you can searh for my model named "Pandaren Blademaster"

PWH

PWH

Level 4
I'm a raiding in WoW (Killed every boss in the expansion just for the notice), so I've experienced a lot of encounters, some are better than others naturally, and most of these seems to be in the bad end, sorry to say it...

A good description would probably be "meh", let's look at one of your bosses, let's take the earth one;

Earth:
Repeating events:
Magma strikes: The earth master goes into a fit of rage for about 5 seconds, dealing 120-160 damage dealing AOE.
Earthquake: The earthmaster does a mighty stomp, shaking the ground and dealing 100-150 damage in an area of 300.

Phases:
Phase 2: In the earthmaster's phase 2, he goes into a rage after going down to 50% health and summons two powerful rock golems and then starts summoning shockwaves every few seconds, dealing 80-140 damage in an area of 300.

Let's analyze the encounter;
Repeating events;
Magma Strikes: I kinda like this, but I'm not totally clear about what it does... It's an AoE, I know, but how far is it? Is it global? Or is one of those "Go ranged" fights?
Earthquake: Again, this is could be a kind of ability in every encounter, but it's just... It doesn't interfere with the Magme Strikes very well, I'd say.

Phase;
When he goes down to 50%... I'm sorry, but all of your bosses phases are so far based upon health percentage, and it seems, again, kinda "meh".
I do however, like the golems, adds are often a good idea, but how does the shockwaves work? Are it randomly targeted, or just thrown at the tank?

But I'll try to rework it;
The golems;
The 2 golems are there initially, and will need to be offtanked. Both of them have a randomly targeted shockwave.
However, for every 3rd (Or something like that) the adds will do 1% more damage, making them put strain on the healers if left alive for too long.

Repeating Events;
Magma Strikes: Gives the Earth boss' attack a chain-lightning attack-effect, meaning that an offtank is needed to stand near the maintank, in order to soak the damage.
Earthslide: Knocks players around, while giving light damage.

Phases;
Phase 2: Will be triggered upon the death of the golems. The boss will now get a new ability;
Earthquake: Damages everyone, and summons adds under them. The adds have cleave, but they don't hit very hard... However, they're dangerous if there's many attacking one group of people.

Personally, I think that the abilities and mechanics of the redesigned fight works better with each other;
The adds will become more dangerous over time, making the raid choose between killing the adds fast, and triggering P2, or focusing on the boss, and putting their faith in the healers, who will eventually get overwhelmed if the encounter don't end fast enough.
There's also a synergy between the abilities;
In P1, the Earthslide ability makes it harder to avoid Shockwave damage, which will increase the longer the adds are left up. And the Earthquake ability also interacts with the Earthslide; since the adds are best taken out one-by-one, players can get knocked them around, maybe causing several players to hug each other, making the adds deal more damage than they would have done to just one target.

Status
Not open for further replies.