• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sapphiron Bossfight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Here's another bossfight map from me. But this is a little different from the previous one. This is a map I accidentally found on Epicwar.com. It's originally by Recretos which is made for Bossfight and late edited by me. So far only Sapphiron's boss fight, some terrain, heroes, spells and description are changed. So can anyone try this boss fight and give me some suggestion? The feedback is valuable to me and my current project. Reason I'm making some Boss fight map is because I wanted to try out and improve my boss fight making skills for my current project.
Here's some boss's stastict

Boss Name: Sapphiron the Frost Wyrm

Boss Level: 30 (max in this game)

Boss Abilities:
-Blizzard (A blizzard appears randomly every 10 sec)
-Frost Howl (An AoE spell deals 750 damage to enemy in a cone)
-Frost Breath (Homing many frost missile to an area dealing 160 dmg per missile)
-Frost Bolt Volly (Throws out 3 Frost Bolt each deals 1800 dmg)
-Frost Burst (A frosty burst deals 2400dmg to a single target)

-Periodically casts all ability he had.

-Last for 2 min. While in phase every 4 sec he summons out a frost wyrm to aid him.
Frost Wyrm
-Each attack deals AoE damage and slows
-Air unit which can be only attacked by Shadow Hunters
-1.35k hp, 28.3~35.6 mdps, 1 small armor
-Ability:
-Frost Nova (Normal frost nova deals 500 damage to specify target and 250 to 200 AoE)
-Frost bolt (Shoots out 2 frost bolt deals 500 each to 2 different target)
-Each Frost Wyrm killed damages Sapphiron for 400 damage.

-Sapphiron deep freezes the 2 tanker and move then to 2 side. Then he started to channels for 15 seconds. Within these 15 seconds every raid member should go hide behind the two tankers to prevent hit by Sapphiron's Ultimate spell. When he channels complete, he release a powerful blast dealing 20k dmg to every one except frozen tankers and those who hiding behind the ice block. After the blast his hp is then regens back to 10%. This Phase happens only once.

Encounter 2

Boss's name: Kel'Thuzad the Archlich
Boss's Level: 30 max
Boss's ability: Explained in Phase 2

In this phase Kel'thuzard summons upon his minion every 65 seconds. Each summon consists of 2 waves. Each wave consists of 6 ghoul, 2 Solider of the Frozen Wastes and 1 Unstoppable Abomination. This phase ends after 7minutes 30 seconds which totally will have 6 times of summons.
Ghoul:
-660 hp 4 large armor
-100+- dmg normal damage
-if killed split into 5 lesser ghoul each with 330hp and 50+- dmg

Solider of the Frozen Wastes:
-6575 hp 13 large armor
-1301~1302 chaos dmg
-Ability Frozen Blast(an AoE skill deals 1125 dmg to 200x200 square range)

Unstoppable Abomination
-9750 hp 18 hero armor
-1760~1830 chaos damage
-a small chance to bite an enemy render it immobolize and take 250 dps for 8 seconds.

After his summons Kel'Thuzard becomes active. Engaging the raid. He will periodically casts the folowing spell.
Mana Detonate:
-Inflicts a target with a mark that makes it explode after 5 seconds dealing (2000 x (number of raid member within 400 range)) damage to 400 range. When a raid member get this spellhe is advised to run away from the group until it explodes.

Frost Blast:
-Freezes a target up to 4 seconds. Dealing 120% of target's max life over 4 seconds. If the target doesn't get heals between duration it will surely causing a death. Just heal the target and it will not be a big problem.

Multiple Frost Bolt:
-Shoots out multiple frost bolt each deals 720 damage.

Frost Bolt:
-Shoots out a single frost bolt deals 5000 damage. Healer must get ready to heal the target before i dies.

Frost Volly:
-a volly of frost ripples out to a place dealing 450 per frost. 235 AoE.

Concentrated Frost:
-Shoots out to heal/damage an ally/enemy for 2000 heal/1000dmg

Splashing Frost:
-Another single target frosty spell. Dealing instance 2500 damage.

Chain of Kel'Thuzard:
-Charms a target raid member. Creates a chined version of the targe which can heal/damages Kel'thuzard/raid member for 6000/3000. Charmed target will goes into a different real where he needs to defeat Chain of Kel'Thuzard in order to reclaim the control of his body.
Chain of Kel'Thuzad have 1500 chaos damage(375 dps), -15 unarmed armor and 8500 hp. Chain last permenant or until target reclaim his body. If Kel'Thuzard chains a healer that will be a great threat to the whole raid.

Kel'Thuzad will have a passive Crit Strike which crit 50% of the time dealing 110% damage. Usually a good tank/healer will easily cover this phase. But if with some delay every things can become very bad.

In this phase Kel'Thuzad will call for Lich King's help. Lich King will summon a Ice Crown Guardian to aid Kel'Thuzad in battle. This Icecrown Guardian have same Hp and Mp to Kel'Thuzad, 45 armor, 375~385 base chaos damage and have Damage Stack and Bite ability. His bite ability is same to Unstoppable Abomination's while his Damage Stack grants him 50 bonus damageevery hit made on a same target. In this phase raid is advised that not to take down Icecrown Guardian but Kel'Thuzard first as Kel'Thuzard's hp is far lower. So a suggested streategy is using a Paladin and a Shadow Hunter to focusely tanks the icecrown Guardian while the rest try to take down Kel'thuzard as soon as possible as if it's too late Icecrown Guardian will become un-tank-able. Kel'thuzard will also casts the spells he casted in Phase 2 except Chain of Kel'Thuzard.

Game Command:
-"-GM" to create a GM for Player 1. Usable once.

Update ver 0.1
-Initial release.
-Sapphiron's Encounter ---80%---
-KelThuzad's Encounter ---10%---

Update ver 0.2
-Terrain Improvement
-Lich renamed to Archlich
-Terrain gets minor change
-Added sound and music to enforce the bossfight
-Instead of 2 tanker now have 1 main tank and a offtank
-Blizzard spell changed
-Added Maker's Boss Leaderboard in to the map
-Lich encounter made
-Sapphiron's Encounter ---90%---
-Kel'Thuzad's Encounter ---40%---

Update ver 0.3
-Sapphiron Loot made
-Smooths Archlich's Encounter
-Sapphiron's Encounter ---95%---
-Kel'Thuzad's Encounter ---40%---

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/ezfkco/_files/Sphrn n Kl'tz Raid.w3x[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/kpvqwf/_files/Sphrn%20n%20Kl%27tz%20Raid.w3x"]Link to download the map[/url]
I know that this map's size is very huge but this is the original Author's imports. So I'd keep it.:goblin_yeah:

P/S: Please give me feedback after you've test it =)

Last edited:
Level 10
@Defskull: Nice idea =D
@darkzxx: Ya. I was wished that I can grant permission from him but I can't find/contact him. It's sad. But at least I credited him. Better then those "stealer". So are you intrested to have a try on it?

@Update: A new version with Both Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad's boss fight.
Please take note that Kel'Thuzad's bossfight is not final nor complete/stable yet. It's possible to have bugs. But atleast it's procedure is complete.

Level 10
The map can have up to 2 player bacause I have to test it with my friend.
But the released version is 5 char to P1 so means 1 player playable.

Edit: Update: A Update log. A Better Kel'Thuzad's encounter. Sapphiron loot.

Last edited:
Level 11
....this map is used for testing right ? well i understand that but you know ? the characters are really too OP,the blademaster is totally rigged,it takes alot of damage but it has splash damage,not to mention if he uses the mirror image,he kills creep super fast
the 2 ranged units are totally rigged too,if you just keep spamming holy light/spray of hp/healing wave.the chars won't die,Not to mention the 2 paladins,if the one person uses the increase armor to 100000 and heal full your hp,it isn't rigged but the cd of that spell is 5sec....pretty rigged
and the big boss isn't really strong,he doesn't do any damage to the heros
so it doesn't deserve to be called a boss
you make make the boss Damage hit the units pretty fast,if you do not want to edit it's damage,i suggesting giving it critital strike 100% x3 damage
so he can kill the units pretty fast
and make the armor x3 more too
the blademaster + his mirror image owns his ass pretty fast
i like the thing when he has low hp,he summons ice dragons and become invulerable and keep using skills
i suggest making the map bigger and make a gate at the boss area
after the boss hp becomes 30%,make it teleport to the back of the boss area
then keep spawning creeps at the area where the boss first reside
then after awhile,make the gate open so the person can go to the next stage to kill the boss,oh yeah,the boss should have a passive skill like when a units reaches 30% hp,gives it more armor/attack
that would be really nice,you should be able to do it,pretty easy

Level 11

totally easy too,i just made the two ranged heros stand back and fight it so they wouldn't get damaged,then i kept spamming the increase armor to 100k and make you full hp
then i kept usng blademaster image,for this i have no suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.