• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Knockback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Knockback!

View attachment Knockback!_v0.60.w3x

Do you like Warlock brawl, or just kncokback spells in general? if so, you will love Knockback!.

Knockback is a hero arena, featuring many modes, spells, and ofcause, massive knockback.

In the start of the game, Player 1 (host) can choose game type and game mode.

Theres two Game Types: FFA and Teams

In FFA, all is (obviously) against each other. There is no bases like in Teams, and players spawns at random positions (but is invulnerable for 3 seconds).

In teams, Player 1 can choose the teams, using a dialog. Theres two teams, Team 1 and Team 2 :hohum:
a dialog will show up, with a dialog button for each player, named player name + [Team]

Meaning Player 1 will show up as
Player 1 - [Team 1]
Clicking the button will then make Player 1 join team two.

The last button applies the teams. so it can be any possible teams with 12 players!

Game Modes:
Player 1 also chooses game mode. Some modes can only be played in FFA, and some only in Teams.

FFA:
-Deathmatch: Good ol' DM. Host chooses ammount of kills that must be reached to win, and then you just fight out. If you die, you will respawn 10 seconds later. First to reach picked ammount of kills win.

-Last man standing: Players wont respawn in this mode. You win the round by being the last living player. The first to reach picked ammount of rounds wins.

-Domination: Like "Last man standing", but players revive once their killer dies. Meaning you must kill every single player, without dieing to win the round. First to reach the picked ammount wins.

-Champion: Like in deathmatch, the objective is to kill as many as possible, but only the "Champion" can recive points for killing. In the start of the game, a random player will become the Champion. When the champion dies, the killer becomes the Champion. The champion has more health and mana than regular players, and has the same spells as the element the player choosed.

-Onslaught: Deathmatch on time, if you can say. The player with most kills when timer ends win. If you die, you will revive instantly.

Teams:
-Team Deathmatch: Good ol' TDM. Like Deathmatch, but the score is shared between the teams. Again, first to reach picked ammount of kills wins.

-Capture the flag: Good ol' CTF. Flags will spawn at both teams bases. The objective is then to bring the enemy flag to your base. You can only capture the flag, if your teams flag is not taken.

-Archmage: A random player from each team will become the Archmage. Like the champion, the Archmage will have more health/mana than normal players. The objective is then to kill the enemys Archmage to win.

-Team Onslaught: Normal Onslaught, but score is shared.

As you may have noticed, i refer to Elements. Elements is the "unit" players choose from in the start.

This is the Elements players can choose from, each element has 7 normal spells, 3 "Ultimates (60sec cooldown spells) and a "blink/Move like Shockwave" spell.

Fire Blast: A small blast at the target are. Deals 35 damage and has a 100 yards knockback. 100 yards aoe.

Flame Shock: A small explosion of fire at the target point. Knockbacks units within 200 yards range, by 200 range, and then sends a bolt of fire (like shockwave) towards the target are. The bolt of fire deals 60 damage.

Fire bolt: Hurls a bolt at the target. Deals damage and knockbacks.

Molten Boulder: Sends a magical immolating bould towards the target point. deals 60 damage and knockbacks everything it hits.

Explosion: Stronger Fire blast, Bigger aoe, more damage, more knockback.

Inferno: Stronger Explosion, bigger aoe, more damage, mroe knockback.

Flame blast: creates a large explsoion of fire at the caster. Deals damage to all nearby units aswell as the caster, and knockbacks.

Human Torch: Teleports the caster to the target point, and causes a small explosion there. Knockbacks all units at the teleport point.

[Ultimate] Meteor: Causes two meteors to fall down from the heaven. when they hit the ground, they will cause massive damage and knockback to all units beneath it.

[Ultimate] Hellfire: Hurls a large bolt of hellfire at the target. Causing massive knockback, and medicore damage.

[Ultimate] Flame Sea: Fires a bolt of fire towards the target point. The bolt will deal massive damage and knockback too all in its wake.

Frost Nova: A small blast at the target area. Deals 35 damage and has a 100 yards knockback. 100 yards aoe.

Water Blast: A medium blast at the target area. Deals 60 damage and has a 200 yards knockback. 200 yards aoe.

Drown: A small Large at the target area. Deals 100 damage and has a 300 yards knockback. 300 yards aoe.

Frost Bolt (By Wizardum): Sends a bolt of ice at the target. Deals no damage, but freezes tha target for 4 seconds, and knockbacks.

Freezing Star (By Wizardum): Causes an explsion of frost at the caster, deals no damage, but slows movement speed by 75%

Frost Volley: Fires a two-seconds freezing Frost bolt at all nearby enemies.

Frost Impale: Causes 3 Frost Novas towards the caster.

Water Walk: Teleports the caster to the target point, and causes small explosions between the casters old position and new.

[Ultimate] Icy Doom: Causes a gigantic explosion of ice at the caster. Deals extreeme damage and has a ROFLOMGBBQHAX knockback, but also damages the caster.

[Ultimate] Freezedown: Fires a bolt of magical ice at the target. Deals no damage, but knockbacks and entraps the enemy in ice for 30 seconds. If the target is damaged, the ice shatters.

[Ultimate] Cold Snap: Resets all cooldowns of the caster, and causes a very weak knockback armound her.

Death coil: Heals friend damages enemy and knockbacks. More to say?

Taste of Death: Damages all nearby units, including the caster. Each one lasts 30 seconds.

Summons: The warlock can summon 4 different skeletons:
Warrior - Melee dude, low damage, medium hp. 25% chance to knockback.
Archer - Range dude, Medium damage, Low hp. 20% chance to knockback.
Mage - Range dude, high damage, Very low hp. 15% chance to knockback.
Champion - Melee dude, high damage, high hp. 10% chance to big knockback.

Sacrafice: Kills your target skeleton. Knockbacks all nearby enemies, and recovers HP by the ammount of HP your minion had left.

Ghost Path: Teleports the caster to the target point, and causes a weak explsoion on his previous position.

[Ultimate] Skeleton War Party: Summons 4 random minions, wich lasts forever. But dont worry, minions are weak, and is killed easy if you just watch out.

[Ultimate] Apocalypse: Kills all skeletons (Not only yours) and deals damage + knockbacks based on the skeletons killed.

[Ultimate] Death and Decay: Deals 100 damage to the target, then 30 damage every 3 seconds for 30 seconds. Also reduces movementspeed by 100%.

Elements that i plan to make:
Fire
Water/ice
Nature
Lighting/thunder
Light
Darkness
Air
Earth

I hope you are intrested in this map. If you are, please add a post :D

Happy mapping
//Lord_of_Sausage

PS: As i promised, here's screenshots. Shows Fire, Water/ice and Darkness elements. Sorry for pic 7, 8 and 9 : /

Attachments

• KB1.JPG
    KB1.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 1,756
  • KB2.JPG
    KB2.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 274
  • KB3.JPG
    KB3.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 251
  • KB4.JPG
    KB4.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 233
  • KB5.JPG
    KB5.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 249
  • KB6.JPG
    KB6.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 148
  • KB7.JPG
    KB7.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 187
  • KB8.JPG
    KB8.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 210
  • KB9.JPG
    KB9.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 164
  • KB10.JPG
    KB10.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 184
  • KB11.JPG
    KB11.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 167
  • KB12.JPG
    KB12.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 134
  • KB13.JPG
    KB13.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 173
  • KB14.JPG
    KB14.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 148
  • KB15.JPG
    KB15.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 142
  • KB16.JPG
    KB16.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 193
  • KB17.JPG
    KB17.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Level 9
I've got some ideas.

Element Air: (and it has nothing to do about lightning)
-Creates a tornado, that will spin every enemy nearby for a few seconds, and then knockback them randomly.
-Creates a great amount of air under an enemy making him fly, and then the air pushes it again to the ground, knockbacking every unit where he fell.
-Forms a ball of air, that when it hits and enemy, it will explode.
-Forms a current of air, pushing the enemy for a few seconds. If another unit is really close, it will be caught in the action.

Ice:
-Forms a ball of ice. When it hits the unit, it will knockback a bit, and freezing him completely but won't deal any damage.
-Frost Nova. It will knockback every unit around the caster, and slowing them down by 50%.
-Ice Impale: Impale an enemy. When he hits the ground, he will cause a lesser frost nova.
-Creates a great number of frosty shards in the sky. and then, they will fly targeting every enemy unit. If the shard hits a target, it will knockback, slow him down, and also have a chance of freezing.

I'll eventually post more. I also don't know which elements you're going to add, so I just add this ideas randomly.

Keep it up!:thumbs_up:

Level 13
Warlock was indeed good map for 1-2weeks, but it got boring pretty fast. As you can see in custom games, there are only few warlocks hosts every now and then and before there were massive amount of hosts.

I would like to see something different than boring lava arena, also the gameplay should have some major differences from warlock. I do not have any ideas tought, but if you are trying to make warlock 2 map, It will definnetly fail.

Level 12
I found things for lightning, how are they?

-caster casts a thunder lightning attack at enemy dealing damage and stunning, also enemy drags to caster..

-caster creates a lightning shield for himself. this shield knockbacks, stuns and damages all enemies who attacks or casts spell to caster.

map is looking interesting, I will surely play it; if I can install to my notebook TFT..

Level 12
' ""it may be a "Force Rain"..

-hero casts spell and its start to rain. the allies' hp and mana restores and enemies' hp and mana start to decrease in the aoe.. lasts x seconds.."" '

^^^^^^
oh sorry, my bad.. I read your precious post wrongly, I supposed there was writing "must", but you wrote "musn't" there.. but anyway, you can use this spell in above for another element lol

here is the wind spell:

-"Breath Hypnosis" caster casts a spell and target enemy's movement speed decrease %100 and takes x damage every second for x seconds.. (another kind of entagling root, very easy)

Last edited:
Level 12
hmm ok, I am thinking..

here is the one tricky thing:

-caster sucks the air around him, while doing this; all enemies in aoe start to drag to caster. then caster shoots all the wind as a shockwave towards the target location, dealing great damage and dealing great knockback on the line..

how is it? some cool eh :D

Level 15
My first thought was...
Umm, if we have 12 spells, and most of them do knockbacking, how stupid is that?
We can't trigger the spells enough to kill the enemies, because knockback interrupts the spells. Oh dear.. I hope you know a way to fix it

I have tested the map online (i can host) in a 5v5 way. The casting times are only around 0.5 - 2 seconds long. This may sound high, but really, ingame you wont have problems casting your spells (Unless you have 11 players on you, that keeps casting spells on you, but why would you do a 1v11 anyway?)

So 11 spells where all have knockback aint a problem.

Also, that spell is a nice idea, but i might change it so it first knock"backs" all units towards the caster, and then away :)

Level 9
Hi! I got some ideas for spells:

Air:
-With air, grabs two enemies and moves them to each other, making a collision. When they hit each other, there will be a force explosion that will knockback every unit around.
-Make a chain lightning spell with air effects that will knockback every unit it hits.
-Creates a barrier of air, that will have chance of reflecting projectiles abilities onto the enemies.

Light:
-Summons a X number of angel creatures that will fly around and knockback every enemy they reach very close.
-A beam from the sky heals the caster and have a chance of creating a holy nova, healing ally units and knockbacking enemy units around the caster.
-Gives a buff to an allied unit or yourself that is almost dying. When the unit dies and it still have the buff, it will revive instantly and greatly knockback the enemy that killed him.

Earth:
-Creates an elevation on the terrain that will knockback all units into the air, receiving fall damage and a chance of stun.
-Hurls a huge rock to a point. when it hits the ground it will create smaller fragments of rock that will knockback opponents around.
-Creates an earthquake in the target area that will stun and knockback every unit to random directions.

Well this is all I could think of, most might not be useful, but it might give you some other cool ideas.

Keep it up!:thumbs_up:

Level 15
Right now im working on items. And people really need to learn to read tooltips xD

I hosted the map here a few minutes ago. 40% complained about their spells doing too low damage. No one have readed the tooltips, or they would know that you could increase damage various ways. i mean in the tooltip it said:

Damage: 300 x Absorbation

Absorb is is a spell, and the tooltip for that one even says "Increases damage for various spells"... Sometimes, i just hate to host... xD

Level 12
you must make it anyway I think.. because everybody can't play this map in battlenet.. like me.. the game in my computer is pirate, so I can't play at battlenet. and your map deserves an AI too, even it has been a very poor intellegence..

Status
Not open for further replies.