• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Revival of the Lich Bossfight(Test Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Please read notes. Updated BETA Version!
Almost ready for release :)

Recommended 3-4 players.
Notes:
1. Only the Bard, Paladin, Sorcerer and Healer are available: They have 5 abilities but you can only choose 4 so there's a choice of combination/strategy.
2. The game is fully playable, with all stats now fixed. The only things that lack now are: Boss Phases!
3. It is possible to finish the test with 3 players; there is no assurance as to finishing with two since I never tried it myself.

4. It's ALMOST FINISHED! The boss entrance trigger has been completely fixed thanks to The_Silent!
Updates:
- 4 heroes, fully playable abilities.
- Shields selection size now increased to be able to hit it properly.
- Still lacks 4 Phases, and that's it: I'll be releasing it on maps submissions soon!
But now, Here's the updated version

Edited:
New Hero Blademaster
- main damage dealer with average attack power but incredible attack speed. His 50% evasion chance serves him ready for tanking monsters as well as his bladestorm that can negate Lich spells.

Lich Silence - cast range improved to 1500; aoe decreased to 450.

Lich Death Nova - cast range improved to 1200

Lich damage increased to 110

Gargoyle HP increased to 800

Obelisks increased from 300 to 450

Shield HP increased to 800.

All Hero movespeed fixed.

Bard now with dynamic fix, able to reset an ally's cooldowns and/or heal them.

Healer heal amounts increased.

Sorcerer summon minions damage increased (Bear Taunt fixed)

Autokill Lich Summon - changed to 1000 chaos damage.

Timer for Shield - increased from 45 to 50.

New Phase - isolation phase, causing players to be subjected to an area where they will have to survive the powerful Felguards until they are brought back (40 seconds)

The next post will be a BETA version with complete boss phases and complete hero selection.
ALSO!!! IT'S VERY POSSIBLE TO BEAT WITH TWO PEOPLE :/ that sucks, since that makes it all the while easier. I think I need to strengthen everything

Attachments

• Revived Lich Boss Fight.w3x
    3.8 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Level 11
I played Kel'thuzad battle. Here are some tips:
1. Obelisks:
1.1 After gathering power, they are still vulnerable.
1.2 While gathering power, all obelisks should use animation Stand Work as a mark for players.
1.2 If I was a mage, I couldn't destroy it by magic, because of mechanism type. Point that.
1.3 Obelisk phase must be repeatable thing. You may add trigger, which creates new obelisk (with Stand animation).

2. Ice Exploding:
2.1 Too random. Ice exploding didn't cause my hero during all battle. You should add an additional trigger, which allows to explode ice around a boss.
2.2 Give a chance to player - ice exploding is instant or i could't see any glowing. Add mark and time delay to let a player to avoid that. (delay time must be short, so only fast heroes can avoid it).
2.3 Ice exploding must also chill caused heroes. Use dummy units to chill with Frost Nova inflicted enemies.

3. Gargolye event:
3.1 As our boss is a lich king, maybe you should add regeneration to gargolyes, when they are standing near the boss.
3.2 Add more gargolyes and spread this event during all battle. I mean on 75% let gargolye from north arena part to alive, on 50% - from south, and on 25 % - from right or left, whatever.

4. Lich:
4.1 Lich uses only auto attack. It's ok, map isn't ready yet, but maybe set his attack type as artillery? So heroes may avoid its attack or gain lesser damage, because bullet have a splash damage + increase bullet speed. It's just a recommendation, you may ignore this tip.

5. General:
5.1 Add arena borders: create dead destructible around the arena and resurrect it after boss battle engaging. It's important for heroes, who would use a blink.
5.2 Boss engage. When heroes enters in arena, the boss battle started immediatly. Maybe you should add thing, which is checking, all heroes are ready to fight?
5.3 I opened your trigger, You should clear leaks in Icy Hail trigger + leaks, caused by creating a point for moving units for example.
Anyway, an idea is good. You can create a map with bosses, where heroes choose boss to fight. 2 phases are working good, but gargolye event must start later.

Last edited:
Level 5
I promise you a very promising fight, b
I played Kel'thuzad battle. Here are some tips:
1. Obelisks:
1.1 After gathering power, they are still vulnerable.
1.2 While gathering power, all obelisks should use animation Stand Work as a mark for players.
1.2 If I was a mage, I couldn't destroy it by magic, because of mechanism type. Point that.
1.3 Obelisk phase must be repeatable thing. You may add trigger, which creates new obelisk (with Stand animation).

2. Ice Exploding:
2.1 Too random. Ice exploding didn't cause my hero during all battle. You should add an additional trigger, which allows to explode ice around a boss.
2.2 Give a chance to player - ice exploding is instant. Add mark and time delay to let a player to avoid that. (delay time must be short, so only fast heroes can avoid it).
2.3 Ice exploding must also chill caused heroes. Use dummy units to chill with Frost Nova inflicted enemies.

3. Gargolye event:
3.1 As our boss is a lich king, maybe you should add regeneration to gargolyes, when they are standing near the boss.
3.2 Add more gargolyes and spread this event during all battle. I mean on 75% let gargolye from north arena part to alive, on 50% - from south, and on 25 % - from right or left, whatever.

4. Lich:
4.1 Lich uses only auto attack. It's ok, map isn't ready yet, but maybe set his attack type as artillery? So heroes may avoid its attack or gain lesser damage, because bullet have a splash damage + increase bullet speed. It's just a recommendation, you may ignore this tip.

5. General:
5.1 Add arena borders: create dead destructible around the arena and resurrect it after boss battle engaging. It's important for heroes, who would use a blink.
5.2 Boss engage. When heroes enters in arena, the boss battle started immediatly. Maybe you should add thing, which is checking, all heroes are ready to fight?

Anyway, an idea is good. You can create a map with bosses, where heroes choose boss to fight. 2 phases are working good, but gargolye event must start later.

Thank you for the suggestions!
1. There are repeating phases (which when repeated has an increase in timing) and Non-repeating phases such as the obelisks. However, if you fail to destroy the obelisks and get obliterated by the lich (have you tried it intentionally just to see results?), the remaining obelisks will be used later on.
2. As of this moment I've added several skills to the lich (blizzard and big frost nova) that has no arrangement in casting/totally random for palyers to watch out for.
3. I'm switching to artillery because you convinced me :)
4. The Player Ready moment will be added as a last touch, but not now yet;, since I'm focusing on phases and their difficulty level(if they can be succeeded or not)
5. The gargoyle event is still beta; you can see that the gargoyle event isn't as flashy as the 1st phase, but I'm planning to tweak it a bit.
Each gargoyle has a defense + attack aura that will make the lich seem impossible to bear with. You will need to destroy separate their attention from the tank.
6. I'm adding more sets of heroes and selectable skills for optimal combo. Players are free to choose 4 out of 6 available skills with each hero so they can discuss with their raidmates what strategy to deploy (there will be no blinker as it makes the boss phases all the while easier, but I am adding on a mass teleporter.)
7. Obelisks problem is now fixed, and you may notice that the way I alert players is by minimap ping to make sure of player's awareness.
8. For now, you might not feel the effect of ice explosions, and that is because I gave the heroes a test buff. I will remove this and you will soon feel the importance of awareness and moving around while the healer knows who and when to heal.
9. As I've said, I've given them a test buff so it might seem easy, but hell, it really won't be when I remove the high HP and damage.
10. THANK YOU for responding. I've found a lot to improve by this. I'm posting up an updated test map with 4 phases in, do you mind checking it out soon?

Found this very helpful :D

Level 11
1. There are repeating phases (which when repeated has an increase in timing) and Non-repeating phases such as the obelisks. However, if you fail to destroy the obelisks and get obliterated by the lich (have you tried it intentionally just to see results?), the remaining obelisks will be used later on.
Got it. But after channeling they all must be invulnerable (shadow shield or something).
Each gargoyle has a defense + attack aura that will make the lich seem impossible to bear with. You will need to destroy separate their attention from the tank.
Good way. You may also give to each gargolye an aura, which heals surrounded gargolyes, so you had to split them - one kite, other kill.
For now, you might not feel the effect of ice explosions, and that is because I gave the heroes a test buff.
I know, I just saying ice exploding appearing is too random. It explodes far away from hero positions. In last post I recommended you to add an additional trigger, which spawns ice exploding around the boss (like Icy Hail Aura or something)
The main problem is clearing leaks. Your map could lag hard, if a boss battle would last long. And you should use this tool to edit your map: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/jass-new-gen-pack.279576/ this is more improved version for World edtitor with more triggers, that let you don't use custom scripts to clear leaks. Also my project contains boss fights too, but for single player. So I'm interesting in such projects like your is.

Last edited:
Level 5
Got it. But after channeling they all must be invulnerable (shadow shield or something).

Good way. You may also give to each gargolye an aura, which heals surrounded gargolyes, so you had to split them - one kite, other kill.

I know, I just saying ice exploding appearing is too random. It explodes far away from hero positions. In last post I recommended you to add an additional trigger, which spawns ice exploding around the boss (like Icy Hail Aura or something)
The main problem is clearing leaks. Your map could lag hard, if a boss battle would last long. And you should use this tool to edit your map: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/jass-new-gen-pack.279576/ this is more improved version for World edtitor with more triggers, that let you don't use custom scripts to clear leaks. Also my project contains boss fights too, but for single player. So I'm interesting in such projects like your is.
Thank you for the link ^, but right now I'm going to finish the map. After testing I will clean it all out so it's lag free. My PC is actually a laggy computer, so if it doesn't lag here then it won't be a problem for other's. Thanks! I've reposted the map solving the invulnerability of the obelisks and +more phases!

Level 11
1. Start Boss Phase
1.1 I have bugs with entering - all units are inside the arena, but trigger doesn't start, but lich can be attacked still. I saw Boss start trigger, you need to fix conditions of starting the battle.

2. Hero abilities
2.1 I hope for triggered abilities in 2016.

3. Custom Music
3.1 If you want to use custom music, you should use trigger Play Music, not Play Sound, because I'm also hear standard background music. It's distracts.

4. Phase 3
4.1 I can bring all heroes on one high ground. Does every hero must use its own high ground to survive explosion?

5. Phase 4
5.1 It's ok, but better use Shield not as destructible, but as unit, because some spells doesn't inflict destructible at all.

Level 5
1. Start Boss Phase
1.1 I have bugs with entering - all units are inside the arena, but trigger doesn't start, but lich can be attacked still. I saw Boss start trigger, you need to fix conditions of starting the battle.

2. Hero abilities
2.1 I hope for triggered abilities in 2016.

3. Custom Music
3.1 If you want to use custom music, you should use trigger Play Music, not Play Sound, because I'm also hear standard background music. It's distracts.

4. Phase 3
4.1 I can bring all heroes on one high ground. Does every hero must use its own high ground to survive explosion?

5. Phase 4
5.1 It's ok, but better use Shield not as destructible, but as unit, because some spells doesn't inflict destructible at all.
Yes thanks
1. Yep, it said in my notes that for the fight to start you need to enter both at the same time. OF COURSE, it is temporary, as it is already planned to edit it once the whole bossfight is a success.
2. What do you mean by triggered abilities IN 2016? I'm actually trying to keep the skills simple but well-rounded enough to need player interaction.
3. Thanks for the info!
4. Phase 3 - to survive the explosion, the minimap will ping ONE high ground that all heroes must go to. I'm working to make it even harder, though, only pinging the minimap to a random player, so human interaction is pressured.
5. Phase 4 - I'm encouraging the shield to only be attacked using hits, so strategy can be well-defined: for example, the one with the highest/average damage can destroy the shields while the tank fends off the summoned monsters. Then, a support continuously heals the tank while another support can empower the attacker so the shields can be destroyed faster.
Phase 4 tip: Destroy the right shield first, as the lich gains damage over time unless it's destroyed.

General -
I've actually edited the map once more, and its improvement satisfies me.

Thanks for the very spot-on discussion with me. I'm adding you in the bundle if I release this map. If you have any map to be tested then you can count on me as well. + rep

Level 11
1. Yep, it said in my notes that for the fight to start you need to enter both at the same time. OF COURSE, it is temporary, as it is already planned to edit it once the whole bossfight is a success.
I see. I would notice such errors while you finished map (and visual too).

What do you mean by triggered abilities IN 2016? I'm actually trying to keep the skills simple but well-rounded enough to need player interaction.

Triggers can expand ability functions. For example: your bard has aoe debuff, which decreases attack power. As my imagination says, the bard uses somethink like "Song of Humalitation", so bard's debuff increases damage taken. (It's just an example.)

4. Phase 3 - to survive the explosion, the minimap will ping ONE high ground that all heroes must go to. I'm working to make it even harder, though, only pinging the minimap to a random player, so human interaction is pressured.

It's hard to react, while pinging. Maybe add something like coloring proper magic circles? Edited: I made mistake. It's possible to react.

5. Phase 4 - I'm encouraging the shield to only be attacked using hits, so strategy can be well-defined: for example, the one with the highest/average damage can destroy the shields while the tank fends off the summoned monsters. Then, a support continuously heals the tank while another support can empower the attacker so the shields can be destroyed faster.

It's actually make sense. Propbably heroes with large attack power would be effective on this phase.

Phase 4 tip: Destroy the right shield first, as the lich gains damage over time unless it's destroyed.

Does any hint exists to understand it? Or it's just a secret?

Edited: I played in a new version. Your number of triggers is increased, but I still couldn't find any actions to remove leaks. As more triggers you would have without cleaning leaks inside it, then harder to fix it further.

Last edited:
Level 5

Triggers can expand ability functions. For example: your bard has aoe debuff, which decreases attack power. As my imagination says, the bard uses somethink like "Song of Humalitation", so bard's debuff increases damage taken. (It's just an example.)

It's hard to react, while pinging. Maybe add something like coloring proper magic circles? Edited: I made mistake. It's possible to react.

It's actually make sense. Propbably heroes with large attack power would be effective on this phase.

Does any hint exists to understand it? Or it's just a secret?

Edited: I played in a new version. Your number of triggers is increased, but I still couldn't find any actions to remove leaks. As more triggers you would have without cleaning leaks inside it, then harder to fix it further.

Did you play with other players? ^_^ yes it will be harder to react because the gap between phases and the repeating ones will become faster.
For the Phase 4, you will notice that there will be the "Strengthening Follower" and the "Healing Follower". Every once in a while the strengthening follower will increase the damage of the lich by giving it an item that increases damage. Since the heal is just 50 per second, I think it's more optimal to prevent the lich from gaining more damage because it's now set to artillery attack type and HP is easy to take away. Destroying the Strengthening Follower's shield will break this damage gaining, unless you failed to destroy both shields: the lich will receive power anyways.

For the triggered abilities, yes, there's a few I will add in, but not too much. As I've said I like to keep abilities simple but can actually be used to deal damage + survive. There will be damaging heroes, support heroes, a healer and tanky heroes so people will most likely choose their own combinations to fight the Lich.

For the leaks, I'm currently asking some friends for Custom Scripts, and in my PC, nothing seems to be of problem except that it crashes(but that's just because my PC is always crashing, any game I play crashes when i play it too long).

Right now I'm working the phase details, next would be the heroes, next would be the leaks and I think I'll make the visuals more flashy(but some of my friends told me not to, because apparently the boss phases are flashy enough and terrain with lots of doodads and sfx would only distract the players.)

P.S. It's currently really NOT possible to finish with 2 players. Should I increase general hero damage or just lengthen the time limits?

Level 11
For the leaks, I'm currently asking some friends for Custom Scripts, and in my PC, nothing seems to be of problem except that it crashes(but that's just because my PC is always crashing, any game I play crashes when i play it too long).
Cleaning leak is one of rules for Map Submission. I just recommended to start with it, because it would hard to fix all leaks, when you have a lot of triggers.

Since I've thought about it, I'm going to finish up the heroes first so I can somehow "rebalance" the lich.
Good thought.

Level 5
Cleaning leak is one of rules for Map Submission. I just recommended to start with it, because it would hard to fix all leaks, when you have a lot of triggers.

Good thought.

Yes, Cleaning leak IS the one of the rules of map submission. However, as far as the whole bossfight is concerned, there are no leaks whatsoever; I gave the map to a staff and he says it is okay. All I have to do now is to clean the hero problem.

Level 5
Yep, I'm working on it. There's too much actions happening in one event. I'll try to fix it.
Try it again please? And this time don't use the skill of the healer that bounces off enemy units. If it doesn't crash, then I'll have to modify that skill (again). If it does, then the problem is with the Phase.

Level 5
I finally, finally cleaned major leaks. I didn't bother with cleaning the minor leaks(lightnings and timers) since they can be removed thru GUI. The BETA Map is soon to be released with full hero selection. Thanks

Level 11
Well, battle was dynamic, but I noticed some things.
1. Silence
___1.1 As I understand, triggers order the boss to cast silence on a random hero position, but if a chosen hero would stay far away from the boss, it would run to hero's position, giving a time to other hero to burst. When the boss reached a required distance to cast silence, a chosen hero is already somewhere, but not on the same point. You have 2 variants:
1)Increase silence range cast
2)Add adiitional condition:
Set point 1 - position of a chosen random hero
Set point 2 - position of boss
If Distance between point 1 and point 2 is less or equal then Silence (From Nova) cast range, when order to cast, else choose someone else.
___1.2 Silence is support spell. It must be used as combination with other offensive spells. Here silence doesn't threat so much for inflicted heroes, because the boss uses it for nothing. Usually after target was inflicted by Silence effect, it would gain a series of attacks. So two variants:
1)Increase duration time or
2)Add trigger which order boss to cast deadly abilities after silence using.

2. Healer
___2.1 Healer has only spells, which are mostly used for heal. Why not add support non - healing spellss, like Banshee Shield (absorb spell damage) or Dispel or something.

3. Bard
___3.1 Bard has 2 passive abilities. It doesn't interesting.

4. Lich: Enough games! You die now!!!
___4.1 I still didn't got, what I need to do on this phase. Do I need just run away?

5. Ice explosion
___5.1 It still too random, it appears anywhere, excepting heroes position. Ice explosion is instant, there is no any sense to run in order to avoid it.

Last edited:
Level 5
1. Silence
___1.1 As I understand, triggers order the boss to cast silence on a random hero position, but if a chosen hero would stay far away from the boss, it would run to hero's position, giving a time to other hero to burst. When the boss reached a required distance to cast silence, a chosen hero is already somewhere, but not on the same point. You have 2 variants:
If Distance between point 1 and point 2 is less or equal then Silence (From Nova) cast range, when order to cast, else choose someone else.
___1.2 Silence is support spell. It must be used as combination with other offensive spells. Here silence doesn't threat so much for inflicted heroes, because the boss uses it for nothing. Usually after target was inflicted by Silence effect, it would gain a series of attacks. So two variants:

2. Healer
___2.1 Healer has only spells, which are mostly used for heal. Why not add support non - healing spellss, like Banshee Shield (absorb spell damage) or Dispel or something.

3. Bard

___4.1 I still didn't got, what I need to do on this phase. Do I need just run away?

5. Ice explosion
___5.1 It still too random, it appears anywhere, excepting heroes position. Ice explosion is instant, there is no any sense to run in order to avoid it.

General - thanks for the reply.
1. Silence - right at this moment I'm editing it. I'm editing the cast range to be farther, but you're right: when the lich casts his death nova or his silence he will walk towards his random target therefore allowing bursts to deal damage without being disturbed. When the lich makes the channel animation, players need to be aware to split up because the Nova hits a large area and the silence is devastating to teamfight.
2. Healer has yes, mostly healing spells because that's apparently his only purpose as well as the optional mana regen. His only source of damage will come from his Hand of Penitence, which heals allies in the target area and damages enemies.
3. Bard has 2 passive abilities and it's not boring but it may be ESSENTIAL if you look at it this way: destroying the shields and obelisks is a strenuous task. However, with his Assonance(single unit damage increase) and his passive that increases damage, then you will be more likely to finish the events with ease(if he doesnt die). To me, the Bard is a special class which I find essential. His other aura that increases speed will allow you to evade and split up faster. Hoewever, I'm planning to add triggered options here.
4. This isn't a phase; I made it look like it's a skill. But basically you need to run away. This will be a surprise to those who are busy supporting and looking for directions since it will take them near the lich instantly and you need to have a clear decision on which DIRECTION to run away to. Otherwise you die.
5. The ice explosion is meant to be random, since it will make players want to move even more. They dont want to stick to one place and the supports/healer need to be aware of when to heal. Still, this is just something to spice up stuff. As you can see they only deal 40 damage which is pretty low.

General - I'm adding the pre-beta version soon.

Level 5
1. Silence

2. Healer

3. Bard

5. Ice explosion

Bard Edit:

1. Resonance - doubles a teammates damage for 2.7 seconds. If your target has been affected by Assonance, this heals that unit for 200 health.
2. Forte Aura - increases teammate movespeed.
3. Assonance - increases teammates armor by 15. If someone is already affected by Resonance, that unit will have their skill cooldowns reset.
4. Dissonance - reduces nearby enemy damage by 25%. If an enemy is drenched in Ye Old Jam, they are dealt 150 damage.
5. Ye Old Jam(Replacing the other passive) - Causes main target and other enemies in 400 radius to have 40% reduced attack hit chance. If MAIN TARGET is affected by dissonance when used, this deals 250 damage to that single target and heals you for the same amount.

Now THAT shouldn't be boring. So many combinations.

Level 11
The ice explosion is meant to be random, since it will make players want to move even more. They dont want to stick to one place and the supports/healer need to be aware of when to heal. Still, this is just something to spice up stuff. As you can see they only deal 40 damage which is pretty low.
But, it still doesn't make any sense to stimulate players to move. Your ice explosion is instant. It will
cause units, no matter, how fast they are. Maybe you should add a delay time with marking?

This isn't a phase; I made it look like it's a skill. But basically you need to run away. This will be a surprise to those who are busy supporting and looking for directions since it will take them near the lich instantly and you need to have a clear decision on which DIRECTION to run away to. Otherwise you die.
Well maybe exchange instant killing for slow-poke player with a large damage and long stun (turn into ice crystal), so players had to pay for its distractibility.

2. Healer has yes, mostly healing spells because that's apparently his only purpose as well as the optional mana regen. His only source of damage will come from his Hand of Penitence, which heals allies in the target area and damages enemies.
Well, I hope, you made a support hero, who uses supportive abilities.

I also think you need to rewatch on paladin skills. Paladin is light magic user, but your pal has some abilities, what are propering for warrior tank. Paladins are associated with tank, who uses weak heal and light destructive magic.

1. Silence - right at this moment I'm editing it. I'm editing the cast range to be farther, but you're right: when the lich casts his death nova or his silence he will walk towards his random target therefore allowing bursts to deal damage without being disturbed. When the lich makes the channel animation, players need to be aware to split up because the Nova hits a large area and the silence is devastating to teamfight.
I got it already, but the problem was, when boss moved to cast silence on far hero, the hero is already ran away. So boss, while reaching a required distance, just cast silence on empty area.

Last edited:
Level 5
But, it still doesn't make any sense to stimulate players to move. Your ice explosion is instant. It will
cause units, no matter, how fast they are. Maybe you should add a delay time with marking?

Well maybe exchange instant killing for slow-poke player with a large damage and long stun (turn into ice crystal), so players had to pay for its distractibility.

I also think you need to rewatch on paladin skills. Paladin is light magic user, some of his abilities are propering for warrior tank. Paladins are associated with tank, who uses weak heal and light destructive magic.

I'll stick with the Paladin Skills to I'll just rename it to Omniknight.

The Ice exploding will stay; if I ever add a delay I think I should increase the damage, but it will improve player distractability(well, not my problem exactly hehe)

Seems like you gave me an idea. I think I will just freeze the players instead of an instant kill, with, like, 800 damage. (Even so, there would be no way to survive this. It's really supposed to be an icebreaker to frustrate and/or challenge players who get cocky when they have gotten past the phases.)

As I've said, there will be support heroes, such as the Bard. The modified bard is SUPER dynamic now. There will be 2 other supports, both also with healing capabilities(but not too much like the Healer.)

Level 5

I also think you need to rewatch on paladin skills. Paladin is light magic user, some of his abilities are propering for warrior tank. Paladins are associated with tank, who uses weak heal and light destructive magic.

Also, If I had rid of all those difficulties, then my point is beaten. I want to make an exhilarating bossfight that requires patience, trial and error, challenge and most of all, I want to make the players cry with the many times they are defeated. HOWEVER, it must still be possible to beat. I'm thankful for all the suggestions and you've given me lots of ideas lately; Although I think the freeze attack is good, I'm sticking to the almost instant kill. I will instead make it 850 damage(which is terribly lethal if followed by a silence and a death nova.)

Level 5

I also think you need to rewatch on paladin skills. Paladin is light magic user, but your pal has some abilities, what are propering for warrior tank. Paladins are associated with tank, who uses weak heal and light destructive magic.

I got it already, but the problem was, when boss moved to cast silence on far hero, the hero is already ran away. So boss, while reaching a required distance, just cast silence on empty area.

For the silence, It's supposed to be like that. Some players are very distracted due to roles(support, damaging). It's triggered to focus on only one point the moment the lich starts channeling the ability. Now, this channeling lasts 1.5 seconds(skill casting time). This gives the player who is aware he's being targeted to move away. However, if players are crowded and team up, it 's most likely the whole team will be silenced which means game over for healer and casters.

Level 11
For the silence, It's supposed to be like that. Some players are very distracted due to roles(support, damaging). It's triggered to focus on only one point the moment the lich starts channeling the ability. Now, this channeling lasts 1.5 seconds(skill casting time). This gives the player who is aware he's being targeted to move away. However, if players are crowded and team up, it 's most likely the whole team will be silenced which means game over for healer and casters.
Don't forget to make silence more serious problem, not just 5 sec. debuff.

Editted: Would your map contain some items to beat the boss?

Last edited:
Level 5
Don't forget to make silence more serious problem, not just 5 sec. debuff.

Editted: Would your map contain some items to beat the boss?
actually i think 5 seconds would be enough. Although I thought I put in 7 seconds; 5 seconds is still deadly considering the cooldown for death nova is very low and you may as well lose your damagers once that happens.

- There will be a phase that will allow you to have the (slight) chance of items to deal damage.
- The last two phases will be designed to heavily deal damage to the boss. After the last two phases the boss will receive a buff and the repeating phases get faster and faster.

Level 11
1. Ice Guard Challenge
__1.1 This part you are just running around the small arena. It's boring. To be more interesting is make a task to deal a damage to Ice Guardians more or equal then certain value. So you need not only run, but deal damage too. If heroes couldn't do this task, then all heroes gained a damage.
__1.2 After ending 40 sec. add trigger action to pan player's camera to hero position.
__1.3 After ending 40 sec. the boss also must be moved somewhere. Does it bug or feature? For example, heroes could teleport in the middle of the arena, like you did already, and boss would be teleported to south part near the gate.
__1.4 Boss still cast Frost Nova, while heroes inside Ice Guardian arena. Does it bug or feature?
__1.5 Work with timers. They don't removed after ending phase with Ice Guardian. And why I need 3 same timers?

Level 5
1. Ice Guard Challenge
__1.1 This part you are just running around the small arena. It's boring. To be more interesting is make a task to deal a damage to Ice Guardians more or equal then certain value. So you need not only run, but deal damage too. If heroes couldn't do this task, then all heroes gained a damage.
__1.2 After ending 40 sec. add trigger action to pan player's camera to hero position.
__1.3 After ending 40 sec. the boss also must be moved somewhere. Does it bug or feature? For example, heroes could teleport in the middle of the arena, like you did already, and boss would be teleported to south part near the gate.
__1.4 Boss still cast Frost Nova, while heroes inside Ice Guardian arena. Does it bug or feature?
__1.5 Work with timers. They don't removed after ending phase with Ice Guardian. And why I need 3 same timers?

Ice Guard Challenge - it's just an excuse for a phase sorry.
I'm still thinking what to do with that arena there, and I thought I paused the lich...well, I maybe forgot.
But here's a better one:

Ice Platform - there will be several squares positioned at the arena. Every time one area will glow, which is the safe place. This area changes over time and players must be coordinated on where to go or else they would bump each other and slow them down = game over.
Instead of 40 seconds this will last I think just 20 seconds with each platform changing every 4 seconds.

What Im planning for Phases 5-8 will be a surprise and released for the next time I'm updating: Beta.

Level 11
Ice Platform - there will be several squares positioned at the arena. Every time one area will glow, which is the safe place. This area changes over time and players must be coordinated on where to go or else they would bump each other and slow them down = game over.
Instead of 40 seconds this will last I think just 20 seconds with each platform changing every 4 seconds.
Why not combine Platform with Ice Guardians? You want to make things what kill heroes, so why not make things to damage Ice Guardians? Heroes had to damage Ice Guardian, to run away from them and to maneuver to right position.

Also make a limit on spawning small skeletons. I mean skeletons couldn't be spawned, if their number is larger, than certain value.

Last edited:
Level 5
Why not combine Platform with Ice Guardians? You want to make things what kill heroes, so why not make things to damage Ice Guardians? Heroes had to damage Ice Guardian, to run away from them and to maneuver to right position.

Also make a limit on spawning small skeletons. I mean skeletons couldn't be spawned, if their number is larger, than certain value.
I think Ice Platform + Guardians is overkill, as the Ice guardians have massive damage and the ice platform requires you to stop at the safe platform. They can free hit and kill you.

There won't be a limit. Since the timer is 50, and each skeleton spawns every 2 seconds, then there will be 25 skeletons at maximum.

Level 11
I think Ice Platform + Guardians is overkill, as the Ice guardians have massive damage and the ice platform requires you to stop at the safe platform. They can free hit and kill you.
Maybe create a weak version of Ice Guardians with lesser dealed damage?
There won't be a limit. Since the timer is 50, and each skeleton spawns every 2 seconds, then there will be 25 skeletons at maximum.
Ye right. I just forgot about timer.

Level 5
Maybe create a weak version of Ice Guardians with lesser dealed damage?

Then most players will ignore the Ice Guardians because they're not that big of a threat. Trust me, the ice platforms is as good as the other phases. Maybe in another phase I'll include the ice guardians.

Status
Not open for further replies.