• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sanity's Edge Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Some ideas for phases for the bosses.

Ritual of Blood: The boss will shout and say something evil, then a warning message will come telling that he now has activated The Blood Ritual.
The boss will take double damage, but when attacking him you will take same amount of damage yourself.
The boss is spell immune in this moment and doesnt attack. This lasts for 10 seconds every time the phase is activated.

Sealing Water: A bubble (or a circle made of water) will apear somewere and start wandering around. The bubble will heal hitpoints to nearby enemy units (the bubble is enemy), but if the "Hero" touches the bubble, he will be stuck inside it untill the timer goes off (the timer is its lifetime). When the timer is out, the bubble explodes and deals around 40% damage to everyone inside it. The enemy Boss can still attack when you are in the bubble.

Black Hole: A black hole will apear on the Boss, sucking him inside. The boss now will be invinsible and is being hided. While he is away, some "Shadow Waves" will appear from a random direction, striking a random direction (This is the bosses work). Whenever the Hero gets hit by a Shadow Wave, he takes damage and gets slowed. After like 25 seconds, a Black Portal will appear (Black Shimmering Portal), the portal has XXXX HP.
The hero must destroy the Portal to get the boss back, while the portal is there, the amount of waves increases by 100%. The boss will have XX% lower HP when back.

This is just some random ideas, tell me if this is the kind of brainstorming you need.

Level 19
Edited version of Full-Iron's story.

"Pass me the wine."
Leover placed his hand on the arm of his chair.
"Don't you think you've had enough for today?"
Kara'mos smiled in delight.
"Don't tell me how much I should be drinking." He grinned, only if Leover knew what he was up to, then he would understand what this meant to him.
"How long do you think you'll spend on this?" asked Leover.
"How long do you think I'll be at it?" Kara'mos sat on an old rocking chair next to a burning fire.
"Well, with the rate you've been going at it; At least another year?"
"Another year?" Kara'mos stood up. "Another year! I don't think you understand how delecent this matter is. Don't you remember when they came and took over our village? I remember the stench of death.. It was horrifying..." Kara'mos waited for a response. "Well, do you?" Leover looked down, picked up an old, dusty wine bottle and pops it open. He slowly poured it in a glass for Kara'mos.
"Yes, yes I do, very vaguely." He replied. Kara'mos sat back down on the rocking chair, lits yet another candle.
"It's cold at these nights." Kara'mos put a blanket over his legs."Just like the night they came."
"Yes, I recall, it was very cold, as if the Winter visited us personally."
"Cold as the soul of this.. thing. If only I knew why he would of done this." Kara'mos sat up with his back straight and started to rock in the chair whilst writing down some notes. "They came horde by hordes, countless waves of them, no soul left in them, no heart---"
"They had nothing." Leover suddenly interrupted.
"But managed to take everything we had..." Leover poured another glass of wine, only for him this time and handed over the other one to Kara'mos. Kara'mos continued with what happened after taking a sip of his favourite wine... "They were horrible, flames everywhere, citizens running around, baby's crawling around, playing with swords and crossbows, cutting and shooting at objects and their parents." Kara'mos looked up to a high on the wall. A painting of the scene, mostly flames and black sky, very dark indeed. "They came one by one, wave after wave, we were lucky to escape." Kara'mos had a flash back, flames grew in his mind, blood spilled over the earth and the rivers, filled with limbs of human bodies. Then, something undescribable approached him, roaring and swinging with his claws. He impaled a still-living human who layed wounded on the ground and teared him apart at the spot. He just turned to Kara'mos, charging. Suddenly, the whole scene got disrupted by a sound.
"Kara'mos, are you alright..?" asked Leover.
"You should be asking; Is he okay?" Kara'mos walked to the brown painted door, across the wooden floor and turns the door knob slowly.
"Where are you going?" Leover waited anoushly.
"Don't worry, make sure they don't take you away like they did to your mother." Kara'mos walked out, leaving Leover to live his life, but Kara'mos.. he was out for vengeance.
======================================

Story Line Part: Two...
Leover looked down at the floor and sits in the arm chair. "If only I was brave like him, I would be able to help him." sighed Leover. A heavy bang at the door is heard and Leover drags himself to the door, he turns the door knob and remembered the stench of the horrifying attack 'something' did. Leover quickly turns the door knob, only to find his long-lost friend, a beat down lower ranked citizen was standing at the front door.
"Well, well. Won't you let me in?" He asked.
"Alexzander! Is, is that really you?" Alexzander smiled.
"Is this how you always treat your fellow comrades?" Leover grinned.
"Come in, let me pour you a glass of wine." Leover helped him in, he didn't want Alexzander to see the paper work on the desk, he placed Alexzander on another chair away from Kara'mos's work.
"Where's Kara'mos?" Alexzander asked.
"He's gone." Leover looked down, Alexzander knew that face, he was disappointed. Leover walked over to get a glass to pour some wine.
"Gone?" Alexzander asked.
"Yes, he just left here a minute ago."
"Did he say anything about where he was going?" Leover took a sip of the wine he poured earlier.
"Well did he?"
"Not that I can recall." Leovers passes the wine glass to Alexzander.
"By the hairs on Balthazars chin..." Alexzander mumbled.
"What?"
"The glass, it's all dusty."
"Get used to it, Kara'mos has been work-" Leover stopped only to realize that he was going down the wrong road.
"Well?"
"Nothing. Just drink your wine."
"Something's going on, you were saying that he was busy." Leover blew out a candle.
"It's just that, I made a mistake, I was meant to say that he was working on a plan to get us out of here."
Leover sat back down and took another sip of the wine. The atmosphere in the room was so uncomfortable that Alexzander knew something was wrong, That wasn't what Kara'mos was up to, he realized... Alexzander downed the wine.
"You know, I know when you're lying to me. I can feel that you are doing it right now. Why won't you tell me the truth?"
"Look, let's get some sleep, we'll talk in the morning-"
"No, tell me now, I didn't just walk for the past two days for nothing!" Alexzander's face was beginning to turn red, rage slowly overtaking him. Leover blew out all the candles.
"We'll talk in the morning. Alright?" Leover was hoping that Alexzander would forget the whole thing the next day.
"Fine, but I won't forget about this. I know what you're like, always trying to get away from what is really true. Aren't you?'' he commented sharply.
"You---"
"Look, I'm tired. let's get some sleep and i'll take a fast spounge bath, I can't stand the smell."
"Your fault you didn't fix that thing I kept telling you to fix." Leover started to smile in delight, he knew that he's going to enjoy the compagny of Alexzander. "I'll see you in the morning."
"Yes, sleep tight." replied Alexzander.

Last edited:
Level 4
I'm not sure how the item system works, but here is an awesome idea, i thought of it when i was playing FFX (Yes, i still play it on the PS2, defeated most of the Dark Aeons! :D ) and thinking of WoW at the same time, here is how i think an awesome item system should work out.

When you kill a monster you get a crafting material, i know there are only six slots in your inventory, however there is a new button that you can click on with around 20 slots which displays all of your crafting matirals.

=============================

OK, I'm not sure on how much damage or HP your Hero should have at the lvls so I'm going to say the lvl cap is 20 and poor attack damage is around 100-150, good attack damage is around 151-200 and epic attack damage is 201-250+ These are just my made up stats, you should be able to compare the differences to the real stats to the ones i just made up.)

Bloodly Axe
An axe crafted from Orc's blood and gear, basic but efficant.
Attack: 20-40
Speed: Good
Health bonus: +55
Required lvl: 6

Items needed: 20 Orc Teeth, 5 Ripped leather, 1 stainless steal plank & 1 Sharpened Rock

Mighty Axe
An axe crafted with such skill, Orcs and humanoides tremble in your path.
Attack: 60-80
Health bonus: +105
Required lvl: 9

Items needed: 1 Bloody Axe, 5 Orc charms, 1 Vile Stone & 1 Sharpened Rock

Hero's Axe
An ultimate axe that will make your foes beg for mercy, it takes a great amount of skill to craft and wield.
Attack: 75-90
Health bonus: +145
Skill bonus: Deals 20% damage to Orcs, has a 20% chance to deal an extra 20% more damage to Orcs and fish type monsters.
Required lvl: 13

Items needed: 1 Mighty Axe, 20 Orc charms, 2 Vile Stones & 3 Sharpened Rock

Vile Stone
A basic crafting matirel.I]
Used to craft weapons & armor.
Items needed: 2 Big stones, 1 vale of poison 3 Orc's tooth.

Stripped leather armor

Tuff to break, hard to get past the soft feeling of leather.
Armor: +1
Health bonus: +20
Skill bonus: You take 5% less damage from projectiles.
Required lvl: 6

Items needed: 5 Leather pieces, 2 Iron buckels.

Basic Leather Armor

Slightly more heaver then the Stripped Leather armor, however it has its advantages..
Armor: +1.75
Health bonus: +70
Skill bonus: You take 10% less damage from projectiles & You move 2.5% Slower
Required lvl: 8

Items needed: 10 Leather pieces, 5 Iron buckles, 1 Iron strap, 2 Red dye

Basic Leather Equipment

Now it's starting to look like something, put this on and you'll feel more stronger!
Armor: +1.75
Health bonus: +110
Skill bonus: You take 15% less damage from projectiles, You move 2.7% Slower, each 10 seconds you gain an extra 10% movement speed for the next 5 seconds.
Required lvl: 11

Items needed: 1 Basic leather armor, 3 rusting metal, 2 Iron branch

The Basic Leather Equipment can be later changed into greater equipment.

Iron Branch
A basic crafting matirel.
Items needed: 1 Scraped rust from greater iron & 2 Iron Planks

Rusty Greater Iron
A slightly advanced crafting matirel.
Items needed: Blacksmith & 10 Iron Planks.
Use a chisel to scrape off the rust to create 1 Scraped Rust from Greater iron & 1 Greater Iron, by doing this, this destroys Rusty Greater Iron.

For now i will leave it how it is, until i get a short review of what people will think of this and/or if it will be added into the game, once you have completed the whole set (Boots, chest, arms, head and weapon, it destroys all of the items needed for the set changing the item into: Basic under layer set : 1, this means that it can be used for heaver armor on top of it, here is an example of what it could looks like:

Basic lair set : 1
This set is your basic equipment, you can have T2 equipment covering the Basic lair set : 1.I]
Armor: +4
Health bonus: +450
Skill bonus: You take 20% less damage from projectiles, You move 0.10% Slower, each 10 seconds you gain an extra 0.50% movement speed for the next 5 seconds, you have a 5% chance to deal an additional 90% damage to monsters, a 10% chance to deal an additional 70% damage to monsters, you have a 50% chance to deal an extra 25% damage.
Required lvl: 13

Items needed: All items listed with "TUL1"

Level 4
Epic, this will be incredible. thanks, this will be either chapter 4 or 5 with the master of arms as the secondary.

What do you mean secondery? The Which Doctor is the Secondery part of this boss (1 of 2) It goes within the stroy line (A bit you do not know about yet ;) ) Then you fight past a few more monsters and fight The High Doctor :O What are you on about Master of arms? Can i see this boss or something? tell me! :O

EDIT:

have you gave any more htought to my item idea?

Give +rep for awsomeness (I need it... Haha xD.)

Level 4
look, full-iron, you are a brainstormer, me and vosty are project leaders. and fussiler1 is in charge of story, it is our choice, he could just be a blacksmith who goes nut for all i know so far, be patient.

Well, hopefully you lot didn't save my boss fight, thus, i'm unhappy about this and wtf? I use my own time to hel pyou guys out, i'll re post it when i see the arms master boss and his story line to MY boss fight which i created.

Level 4
Ummm Full-Iron, whats wrong? the blacksmith i was reffering to was the arms guy not the witch- doctor, i lovve the boss, but i don't see how having a master of arms on the other side of the map affects your boss, sorry.

I don't like the boss order it's in, it makes the stroy line all wrong, Master of arms being the last boss, it's not right, High Doctor is designed to be the last boss in this chapter, you said there needed to be 2 bosses per chapter, Boss
Orignaly meant to be:
Fight normal monsters to get to 1.
1 = Which Doctor
Fight normal monsters to get to 2.
2 = High Doctor

Now its:
1 = Which Doctor
2 = High Doctor
3 = Blacksmith guy

This doesn't work out if you knew the whole story line i had set up, sure you could of changed the story line to make it fit with the story so fat, but to be honest, the story so far gets dull, it just doesn't make sence.

I could work the blacksmith guy into my story, but unless you want it to be crappy.. Blacksmith boss can't be the last boss

I could work with the black smith consuming some sort of thing with his weapons, but i just dont see it as the end boss for this chapter, it's not the right matiral for it..

Level 4
look, thats not how the game works though, its not that linear, each map has a basic happening, but thats it, you could enter a special part of the map where the witch doctors are after the b-smith is killed or before.

What i read on the front page was each boss needed a prime and a secondey, the secondery meaning basic boss, easy to kill thats The Which Doctor. The prime being the hardest one to kill, thats the High Doctor, The which doctor and The High doctor is NOT the same boss, they are seperate bosses.

Level 4
We have 2 bosses per chapter. your boss, will be the first one, and lightning brigade sent me another boss, that one, the master of arms, will be # 2
(EDIT: Sorry for bump)
OK, OK, you don't understand, BOSS ONE IS THE WHICH DOCTOR, BOSS TWO IS THE HIGH DOCTOR they are not the same boss, they do NOT come on after each other, you fight around 10 mobs of 4/5 or something, then you kill the which doctor then you fight 10 more mobs of 4/5 then you kill the high doctor, thats two bosses.

ok look:

You enter the new chapter, and you get story hints as you go about doing optional quests. then yo ucan enter an area and that is the part of the map that has you boss and its mobs, plus the second bosses mobs and the second boss. then you leaave, and you can complete the master of arms boss if you want to before leaving.

Level 4
Well, i thought it was different, i thought it was: You enter, kill 4 mobs story line shows then you kill off the mobs then boss all in a line, i didn't know you had to shooses paths, but still, i want to see his boss before i do anything else, this doesn't change anything.

Level 4
ok thats fine, but its not done yet. i love you boss, so i think you should join my bossfight contest: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/off-topic-478/contest-bossfight-152001/#post1399432

Yeah, i'm not doing any boss fight creating til eaither i see the blacksmith boss AND he fits into the story line i made or that the blacksmith boss doesn't apear in my boss fight, i know that you would just use the winning boss on the boss fight compition to use on your stoy line, feel free to re make by boss if you do not like what im asking for however i doubt it won't be as good as i origanly made it, if you do try to re-create please use: "Thanks for full-iron for the idea" or something along those lines.

Ok, look, what exactly do you want me to do? I cant tailor an entire mission just to one boss set, even if i like it alot. you must realize what going on. and i if you don't want us to use your boss thats ok, but what is wrong with having all of your stuff happen first, and then you do normal stuff liek take side-quests and do the bonus boss? i think the story and boss is awesome, and i would love to use it. and i can't understand what your problem with having a diverse chapter is?

Level 4
Ok, look, what exactly do you want me to do? I cant tailor an entire mission just to one boss set, even if i like it alot. you must realize what going on. and i if you don't want us to use your boss thats ok, but what is wrong with having all of your stuff happen first, and then you do normal stuff liek take side-quests and do the bonus boss? i think the story and boss is awesome, and i would love to use it. and i can't understand what your problem with having a diverse chapter is?

I just don't know how the black smith fits within medicne and stuff, thats all, i don't care if my boss's are the first ones you do or anything like that. But within the story line that i have came up with, The high doctor kills Kara'mos in the end HENCE it's your job to get revenge, i just don't know where a blacksmith comes in with it, you could of told me before hand and not at the last second. It just made me think if you even cared about how much thought i put into the story line.

Alrught my bad, but your story cant be the end of the game. thats Cse'tian's Job, ofc there will be stuff afterward, thats all i'm saying, you can have your boss happen whenever. your story is specific the this mission, but it cant take up the entire mission, thats not right, so is it ok to just have the map start or finish with your boss?

Level 4
Nono, my appologies, it can make a great twist, i was just mad at the time, i didn't know all of the game how it was, i thought the game was much different from what you have told me now, i'm happy to say that i'll put my bosses back. Sorry :grin: And i didn;t intend to for me to do any end game bosses unless asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.