• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rule: No posting on pending maps if you haven't played it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
I have a suggestion for a rule, because (no specifics) some users are just posting "add screenshots" "get a better description" "looks cool" "what the hell is this even supposed to be?". They say that to help out, and never come back to the thread. I suggest we make a rule to only post feedback and moderation related things in the pending section.

The thing this rule can do for us is so map reviewers and map moderators can know which maps need evaluation and ones that are being taken care of. This will make the pending section more organized and possibly lower the amount of pending maps that stay over a month.

Now, I know maps with a bad description obviously need a better description.

1. Just reject them and tell them to upload later
2. Give feedback and tell them to fix the description along with it

Not just telling users to improve the description and never come back to the thread, which happens way to much.

Misconceptions:

> I'm not saying only moderators and map reviewers are only allowed to post (I like this idea, but I'm guessing many would be against it)
> I'm not saying we shouldn't tell people to fix descriptions

*Please share your opinions on this, I'm trying to help*

Last edited:
Level 7
Ya. I like the idea. No bullshit. If u want to comment, play once, then tell. Why add posts like "ok. I will try this one" 0% informative or rennovative. Total number of download shows and i dont think a name is required for each download.

Level 28
Question.

How does spamming

some users are just posting "add screenshots" "get a better description" "looks cool" "what the hell is this even supposed to be?"

becomes a problem

so map reviewers and map moderators can know which maps need evaluation and ones that are being taken care of.

I mean do you guys just check how many comments does the map have then if it have like 5 or so comments assumes that the map already got reviewed by another people and just move on to another map? Reviewing isn't about who is the one who reviewed it first just keep em coming since it will give the map maker more feedback from different perspective.

Other than that I highly support this one, although its actually quite hard to monitor a section where its moderator are practically inactive and there is a bunch of guys who spams this useless comments.

Level 32
How does spamming (...) becomes a problem
There are angry people, mostly map makers complaining about how they are just trying to increase their post count and not help at all.

I mean do you guys just check how many comments does the map have then if it have like 5 or so comments assumes that the map already got reviewed by another people and just move on to another map? Reviewing isn't about who is the one who reviewed it first just keep em coming since it will give the map maker more feedback from different perspective.
I guess my reasoning is flawed with that. I just check a bunch of maps and they have reviews on them already.

Level 32
It is not bassically the same. Maps are left over a month with those comments and no feedback what so ever. I want the pending section a place to moderate. "Nice map" are almost always used when the map is already approved, if it is in pending and a user says that, of course that isn't helpful. It's not feedback, though I wish pending section are for those who help approve or reject.

If you are speaking of multi uploads, the moderator will already see it.

I think it would be useful if you could add a system in for example if the description is under ~80 words warn the user about map description rules before the map is completely submitted (make an extra confirmation page to confirm description, one with the warning).

Another example would be if there is no image tags in the description warn make a warning page about that too (but only say this rule is only recommended).

How well this would work with people (kids) new to these forum things and submitting maps I'm not sure.
(I've done some pretty noobish things when I first came here and submitted stuff).

I am against this. Why wouldn't I be allowed to say "Dude you need to add some ingame scsreenshots from the map!" ? it's a way to improve the map in a way.

Make that 2!
Well if 4 persons are stupid enough to repost the same thing there's nothing we can do. I can not imagine how many rules that would be needed to be set for every possible situation.

edit: or actually it's not different from 5 people saying "great map keep it up" it's basically the same.
I fully agree.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
It is not bassically the same. Maps are left over a month with those comments and no feedback what so ever. I want the pending section a place to moderate. "Nice map" are almost always used when the map is already approved, if it is in pending and a user says that, of course that isn't helpful. It's not feedback, though I wish pending section are for those who help approve or reject.

If you are speaking of multi uploads, the moderator will already see it.

A books cover is AT LEAST just as important as the content itself. If the book doesn't have a good looking front page or interesting description on the backside, who the fuck will buy it? I don't know how many % but NOT AS MANY. By fixing a good look for your map you will make more people play it, and therefore increase the chance of someone actually playing the map and possibly reviewing it afterwards.

You should not limit those type of comments that can prove useful for the map description.

Level 9
In a matter of fact, you can't do that.
You can't stop people from doing things that have no guilt on both of them and things that they've done.
Its like banning kids from eating meat WHILE MEAT DOES NO HARM AT ALL. It just made the kids angrier and angrier, just like the feelings those "Pending commenters' if you ban them from saying things like that. IT JUST NO USE.
But what you could do is left them alone, and put things back as it should in the first place. You can't stop a natural order by adding rules like this.

Level 32
In a matter of fact, you can't do that.
You can't stop people from doing things that have no guilt on both of them and things that they've done.
Its like banning kids from eating meat WHILE MEAT DOES NO HARM AT ALL. It just made the kids angrier and angrier, just like the feelings those "Pending commenters' if you ban them from saying things like that. IT JUST NO USE.
But what you could do is left them alone, and put things back as it should in the first place. You can't stop a natural order by adding rules like this.

Alright, I guess you're right on this. If a moderator sees this I request the thread to be closed :thumbs_up:
Also, I wasn't saying to not tell people to fix descripitions. I suggested to leave it to the mod or give feedback while you are doing so.

I'm against this. Believe it or not "add screenshots!" and "this needs a better description!" IS valuable feedback. I don't see a reason why I should play a map if the maker didn't even bother to make screenshots and write a proper description.

Have interesting screenshots and a good description and people will play your map and actually give you more feedback.

Level 30
I may or not support the idea, not all users here follow the rules to be on standard, but most just want to download maps and play, test, have fun. I think that's the whole point visiting Hive. We can never refrain commentaries like that forever, and it doesn't hurt anybody right? I mean I don't bleed whenever I pass on such posts---Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.