• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Updating the page when uploading maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
~I want this as a separate thread from quality recourses discussion~

So after posting in the pending section for over a year now, I'm just tired of telling people what rules they missed when uploading maps. I know it's the moderators job, but it has to make it hard for them to await updates on 75% of the maps in the pending section. My proposal is to add the list of official map submission rules somewhere in the page where people create their descriptions. I understand that the site rules are linked and the map rules are linked in that link, but people won't follow them. Make it more clear that it is a must to follow those rules or else it will be rejected (unless it slides through the moderation process).

Despite some nods to the map submission rules in this thread about map descriptions, the rules simply are not on the uploading page. In the description page itself, only these are mentioned:
- Cite your sources.
- Make sure it works.
- No works in progress.
- Have all necessary permission.
- Don't cry because your resource was rejected. Moderators are there for a reason
- English only.
- Don't submit other people's maps.
- Again, no WIPs. Maps must be close to a final product. Everything must be ready to go.​
(In reality, these are the rules)

People will think that's all they need and won't click on the site rules link because they just come to Hive for their map.

Just putting the list of rules and making sure more will pay attention to it will reduce the number of maps that have to stay in the pending section for months.

Any criticism? :S

Level 30
More over, some new users should understand the value of exploring the forum site first before drifting too quickly on areas they do not recognize.

Its like programming for example, you can't just expect yourself the very first codes you made won't get errors until you know the flow of the logic and code it properly.

Level 29
- Again, no WIPs. Maps must be close to a final product. Everything must be ready to go.
Beta technically is work in progress*, but i see your point. Well, can agree alpha or pre-alpha versions shouldnt be submitted directly into the map-submission, you can always still get the help, testers or feedback you require at the map development section.
The reason is because what constructive value can have the review of an work constantly changing every version, i mean nobody else than the creator knows during the alpha phase of development where next the 'idea' will be guided to, its too early for an reviewer to begin anything with.

*an playable and more or less close to final product one.

Status
Not open for further replies.