• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[RP Thread] Cries of Urnung: Book of the Bladebringer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Meyla couldn't help herself looking slightly apologetic, she wasn't particularly brave but why she was intimidated by this man she couldn't begin to guess. She should've killed him by now, they all should of. Why wasn't anyone making a move. She reached a trembling hand to the sword at her waist only as she stumbled backwards, away from the mysterious man.

Level 27
Suddenly the man looked as if he remembered something, and started walking towards the boat still docked under the bridge.
"It's been entertaining to chat with you, got i have to get going.
As i mentioned i have a corpse worm to kill.
I hope The Eye doesnt find you too fast."
He said as he walked, and all the shadows left behind followed him like a loyal dog.

Level 17
Marais glared at them all.

"I believe we'll see him again soon."

He said in disgust, slinging his bow over his shoulder and gracefully striding to the harbour's edge. "What now?"

Level 8
"Killing him would be stupid, for one half of us would probably go whit him in the process, and two i have a feeling he knows more then he is telling us. For now however i think we should search for a way down." he wasn't sure about any of this, everything was so weird. a Demigod? but then what was he doing in a place like this? besides killing a corpse worm that is...

Level 17
Marais sighed, relieved to finally have the counsel of their leader.

"We were given a dribble of information. I feel that he knows more about this situation that he is letting on."

Level 20
Meyla scowled.
"No, I didn't"
She cut Sunrah off, a strong feeling coming over. Anger? Guilt?
She didn't know but she found herself walking over to the two corpses, the guards.
She placed a hand upon each and tryed to remain calm, it seemed the right thing to do.
Touching corpses, the right thing to do? Oh Meyla you've finally gone loopy she chided herself.
Nevertheless she closed her eyes and focussed, harnessed that power she'd tried so hard to ignore.
(Entity Touched)

Level 27
"Well What DID he tell you? Maybe i can... 'Decipher' it, or something."
Sunrah asked as Meyla placed her hands on the two guards.
Her hands glowed, and a purple light started emanating from where they were placed.
Slowly, the light spread over bodies of the guards. As soon as the entire body was enveloped Meyla felt a great rush of power.
An intense feeling of raw power being added to her own.
An amazing feeling.
She felt the Entity's power in her heart once again, something she had not felt for a long time.
And for a split second the others did not see Meyla, but a dark, winged monster with a grin putting that of the mysterious man to shame.
Then it was gone, and the purple light slowly faded.
DM: 5 Entity Points gained.

Level 20
Meyla gasped, a sound of pleasure and relief as the purple shade crawled up her skin and enveloped her. Like an ex-addict touching a drug once more the feeling was indescribable, the finest wine, the best food. All would seem bland in comparison.
She stood, her face and hair clean and dry once again, a last fading purple hue tinting her emerald eyes.
"That, Leo" she readjusted her bracers, beaming at him. "Is why we signed on for this, tell me you didn't-" she raised an eyebrow and frowned at her left bracer, making a 'tut' noise as she realised the cords had frayed. "-Think this would be a walk in the-" she grunted, pulling the cord tight. "park? Did you?" she smiled, flapped her wings, flexed her arms and put her hands on her hips. "Whatever, were going to do. Let's just do it sharpish ok?".

Level 19
He frowned at Meyla, surprised by this new turn of events. Magic -- he had never trusted it nor liked it. Though, he had to live with it.. he shook his head and turned his thoughts on Sunrah, thinking back fo what the man said. He quickly rolled his eyes, thinking back of it. Not his finest moment.

''He said that the book is in the tunnels under the city, where the Tome of Untold Lies was found -- also something about Silver Dragons, which I forgot. Lastly, he said he was somekind of marker. That good enough?''

Level 27
"The tunnels? That is honestly more than i had hoped to get out of him.
You didnt manage to get his identity, did you? Not that it matters, though.
I need you back at the base. The one by the great Tree-Pillar. Wrap up your buisness and come as fast as you can.
"
Sunrah said.
"Oh and, the password has been changed. Some local thugs almost got in while you were away.
But I'l open the door for you. Just pick a leaf from the tree-pillar and wait.
"

DM: Once the group agrees on being finished with the current mission you will travel to one of Roag's famous landmarks: The Tree-Pillar.

Level 20
"Fine." Meyla scowled.
She took wing and lazily circled around the group.
"But we'll never have that opportunity again" she called aloud.
She drew her blade and began practising postures, poses and swings in the air. Feigning boredom.
I hope your all happy she thought bitterly.

Level 20
Meyla bridled, swooping down and hovering in front of Piverou, face inches away.
"THEN DO YOUR DAMN JOB AND SHOOT HIM!" she screamed at him, aggravated.
She landed, brushed a loose bit of hair from her face and stormed off down the street, heading for the tree.

I feel... Ill. My hands? There fine... What's coming over me. Stupid ponce.. Ah.. He's trying his best, just calm down. Leave them to it.
Meyla swayed as she walked, half stumbling half lurching down the road. I swore to never touch the entity again, now look at me. Look at what I've done.

Level 20
Who turned and strode back towards him, with some semblance of purpose.
"Does the... Sixth Plane mean anything to you?" she murmured, a sudden change having overcome her. Her voice was now quiet, timid, scared. She failed to force a smile and folded her wings.
"Let us... return to Sunrah"

Level 20
Meyla shuddered, "Involved... yes..."
She bit her lip and moved to the harbour. She sat on an overturned barrel and looked out over the waking waters, right at that boat carrying the mysterious man.
"I bet you know, I bet you know everything" she sighed and put her head in her hands.

"Not everything." he looked cold now, almost... lost in memory, a terrible one.

"Its probably not worth anything to you, but... I know how you feel."

He crouched behind her, a reasonable 4 feet back.

"Pity is worthless." he muttered coldly, pausing with a breath. "I was involved, to a degree." he almost whispered now.

He looked out over the harbor for a moment, he shook his head. managing to ignore the others gracefully.

Level 20
Meyla cringed. "It's inside me, it's inside us all"
She spread her wings, revealing the small of her back, where tissue met chitin, a maze of cracked, blistered and horribly scarred flesh was revealed. A lasting memory, a reminder of the trauma she had faced. "I didn't even get the worst of it" she sighed, thinking of the others. "You cannot understand my plight Piverou, but I thank you for trying... But we should leave now - Sunrah awaits".

Level 19
''I'm sure we'd be better off without a pain in the arse.'' he commented before finally shutting up. His face said nothing but his eyes betrayed anger.
However, after that he quickly tried to change the subject;
''Does anyone have further issues for moving on?

Level 19
Piverou sighed, and in a lightning quick flash, he had his butterfly knife at Illios' throat.
"Look pumpkin. You had better get whatever shit you have with me out in the open or this is going to hit us in a less opportune time. ya?"

He lowered the knife, glaring into Illios' eyes.

''Well, you know, I have no beef with you personally. I just hate people who act arrogant.'' he answered with a cold smile, looking back into Piverou's eyes. His heart had started going a lot faster when the knife was raised, but he hadn't shown. He wouldn't grant him the satisfaction.

''Now, unless you want a fight, can we please proceed..?"'

Level 27
DM: Travel to the Tree-Pillar made.
After a thirty minute walk through Roag the Group Arrives at the tree-pillar, the last living tree in Urnung.
The city was built around it, and as a gift from the Wood Elven king it was shaped into a tall pillar which could bear the city's pyramid shaped 'roof', or wall as some would say.
At the top you will find the Rune Queen's castle, where the regent of the Crycons reside.
At the bottom you will find a sacred spring into which one of the tree's quite apparently endless leaves fall into whenever someone comes near.
Around it is built hundreds of mansions, one of which houses the group's hideout.

Level 20
Meyla hadn't spoken a word during the long trek back, she had floated ahead of the party and now proceeded to the tree-pillar, she hesitated. They were to pick a leaf, it seemed a simple task, a basic request. She frowned and landed gently the tree was alive. She'd let another pick the leaf, she'd caused enough damage today.

Status
Not open for further replies.