• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

I think it makes sense and I think I understand what you mean - however, it poses a vital question I would say:
What do you expect from the end of the True Story of Arkain? What do you (both you, Jay, in particular, as well as everyone else reading this) expect how the campaign will end?
I think the answer to that question, the exact expectations you have, is very much relevant here.
Regarding the end of the True Story, I think that it will be mostly the same as the Arkain Books, barring few differences here and there.

-The human storyline will follow Gardon's path, with him killing Van Durce and defeating the Golden Guard, stopping the Demon Invasion, launching the attack on Gates on Hell, his plans being sabotaged by the Undead, and him becoming the ruler of New Zyainor. Everything that happened in the Second Human Book will occur in the True Story. The only difference I can think of is that the Orcs/Tribal Dominion may not appear in Van Durce vs Genethas chapter, Zarin, Horgar Whitebeard and Praxeus vs Kobolds mission, and in the battle for the Purifactor. Maybe there will be a showdown between Aedale and Zelech and/or between Aedale and Orie, but that's about what I can think of.

-For the Undead, I don't think that anyone, besides the Bonelords, will perish by the end of the True Story. Ornassion, rather than Lord Brian the Fallen, might be the one to finish off Kersidar, but I doubt it. I assume that Kersidar will fall, but at the hands of Brian. Honestly, the Undead might be a bit of the weak link in the True Story and they would not achieve anything notable throughout the course of the story. Ironfist win against the Demons, ending their invasion, and establish the New Zyainor, as well as having the Elves as their vassals; the Orcs conquer Salria, form the Tribal Dominion and destroy the Bonelords, who were among the strongest of Aridon's servants, but the Undead won't get their "slice" that the Dominion and the Ironfist did. I do not mean to sound negative, critical or pessimistic, I just cannot think of anything for the Undead. While the True Story is great, I think that the Arkain Books (especially the Second Undead Book, if it wasn't shortened, though I understand why it was the case) and anything from 552 E. F./20 Z.R. and onwards is much better place for the Undead to shine to the fullest and do something really interesting.

-Now the Orcs/Tribal Dominion. Following the Red Day chapter, there will be missions that focus on the Undead and the Humans, but after that there will be chapters about the Tribal Dominion fighting against the Bonelords and defeating them for good, forcing Aridon to question his purpose and go into seclusion. It would be a nice bookend for the True Story, as it started with the two Orc chapters and it would end with the two Orc/Dominion chapters, followed by the final interlude for the Orcs and the Epilogue focused on the Undead and Largoth (the prologue was with the Undead user interface, so it would make sense for the epilogue to do the same). Maybe the final scene will feature Largoth talking with an Imperial adjutant (as it was the case in the Golden Guard ending of Second Human Book) or perhaps some brief tease of Vermon and the Mindslayer Legion.

My expectation is that each of the three races get separate Epilogues focused on them after their respective final missions. After the Gates of Hell chapter there is a Human Epilogue. After the final Orc/Dominion chapter there will be the Epilogue dedicated to them. The final chapter for the Undead will occur between the last missions for Humans and the Orcs, but the Undead Epilogue will happen after the Orc Epilogue (two cinematics in the row) and it will be the Epilogue for the entire True Story.

Another expectation that I have is that the final scenes of the True Story could tease new characters and faction, showing either the faction from the Espionage short story and/or Vermon and the Mindslayer Legion as mysterious, shadowy individuals, or perhaps some new, never before seen threat.

Level 19
Has this character showed up already? Because I don't recall her.
We have not seen a woman paladin yet(maybe lack of model). Unless the golden guard female captains are paladin.

Is this Cora?
Either Cora or Salana, renova´s twins would be too young to be there. Probably Cora since Salana is heavily wounded.

My expectation is that each of the three races get separate Epilogues focused on them after their respective final missions. After the Gates of Hell chapter there is a Human Epilogue. After the final Orc/Dominion chapter there will be the Epilogue dedicated to them. The final chapter for the Undead will occur between the last missions for Humans and the Orcs, but the Undead Epilogue will happen after the Orc Epilogue (two cinematics in the row) and it will be the Epilogue for the entire True Story
That would be really cool.

I just wanna see how the story unfolds, how many changes and things happens during the true story, how the characters develop and how the factions grew bigger or just dissapear. The final? Well, when you like something and it keeps improving further and further you don´t want to finish right?

Level 16
Just read the story: Tho there is no betrayal in Undead as of yet, Mordin might very well defy the order and possibly warn his kin about what is to come. Yet it's possible Aridon also would've foreseen this and approved his action as his order could be either to destroy Dwarves or drive them away after he finishes his little teatime. Splecir spectre could be Golden Guard female commander, mbe one in the Dish Best Served Cold who was scolded for not protecting Blen in prison. If she survived the showdown, then it's possible she was approached by Undead... wait, this could mean Undead could very well pay visit to Blen's resting place... Enough fancies, some golden soldiers could be considered paladins. And (forgot her name) that commander could possibly seek Aridon after she failed defending her comrades in search of purpose (if she survived, ofc).
The one at the last part is 100% Cora, and tho she is not dead yet... it's only matter of time until she joins undead hearth. It would be interesting if she coughs meets fallen Stephanie (if Aridon decides to revive her ofc) and would know what was Volarian like from her stepmother. While I find scenario of Redfist sisters meeting their half-sister Vanessa interesting, it is with their stepmother they could have interesting bond.
Undead, like Humans and Orcs, will indeed have major casualties. Aside from Bonelords, after reading Arkain Timeline of Salria invasion, major leaders will be buried in avalanche and therefore rendered effectively "dead". My hunch tells me they will be Haran, Tremalon and Galareth.

Last edited:
Level 19
I would like to place topic up. Since Kezzar Nexus exist and its army is made up of Undead Demons. Since there's a undead Dreadlord(AKA Ornasion) and then Undead DoomGuard (Urshan Ornasion's new Lieutenant) wouldn't that mean Ornasion has corpses for PitLords aswell. I mean undead slayed alot of Pitlords and always wanted to see an Undead Pitlord though. If only Hiveworkshop has one. What you guys think Undead Pitlord with in the Undead Ranks?

Level 16
I would like to place topic up. Since Kezzar Nexus exist and its army is made up of Undead Demons. Since there's a undead Dreadlord(AKA Ornasion) and then Undead DoomGuard (Urshan Ornasion's new Lieutenant) wouldn't that mean Ornasion has corpses for PitLords aswell. I mean undead slayed alot of Pitlords and always wanted to see an Undead Pitlord though. If only Hiveworkshop has one. What you guys think Undead Pitlord with in the Undead Ranks?
Certain that there will be fallen pitlords. As far as I can recall, there was skeletal pitlord model in hive (1st saw this in Ascension campaign dungeon mission; now possibly dead) so totally possible. Wonder how fallen nether drakes would look like; could be more spectral like Splecir apparition. Also new demon unit, Marilith, has been introduced; so there could be fallen Marilith (Shivarra model). As far as I know, there r undead models for felhounds so they will be in for sure.

Level 19
Certain that there will be fallen pitlords. As far as I can recall, there was skeletal pitlord model in hive (1st saw this in Ascension campaign dungeon mission; now possibly dead) so totally possible. Wonder how fallen nether drakes would look like; could be more spectral like Splecir apparition. Also new demon unit, Marilith, has been introduced; so there could be fallen Marilith (Shivarra model). As far as I know, there r undead models for felhounds so they will be in for sure.
Undead Demons that are possible with in the Ranks of the Kezzar Nexus:

Crypt units:
Undead Fell hounds or Stalkers
DeathGuard
IceKeepers (LifeSteal Aura)
Mariliths

Slaughter House Units:
MeatWagons
Obsidian Statues
Maybe a Possible Demon Exclusive Abomination (Curtacy from the Ardoz Nexus)
Undead Elite Twin Blade DemonLord (Maybe a possible weaker Command Aura or a Critical Strike Ability)

Boneyard:
Possible Spirit Drakes (That might be either Kezzar Nexus' Air Brutes or Spell Casters: Maybe retain their Cripple abilities or Dispel)

Temple of the Damned:
Undead Succubi (Prediction Spell Pool: Curse, Silence, Lesser Shadow Strike, Lesser Life Drain, or Lesser Charm)
DeathLords (If Shar Dundred even allow us to use them again)

Level 16
Undead Demons that are possible with in the Ranks of the Kezzar Nexus:

Crypt units:
Undead Fell hounds or Stalkers
DeathGuard
IceKeepers (LifeSteal Aura)
Mariliths

Slaughter House Units:
MeatWagons
Obsidian Statues
Maybe a Possible Demon Exclusive Abomination (Curtacy from the Ardoz Nexus)
Undead Elite Twin Blade DemonLord (Maybe a possible weaker Command Aura or a Critical Strike Ability)

Boneyard:
Possible Spirit Drakes (That might be either Kezzar Nexus' Air Brutes or Spell Casters: Maybe retain their Cripple abilities or Dispel)

Temple of the Damned:
Undead Succubi (Prediction Spell Pool: Curse, Silence, Lesser Shadow Strike, Lesser Life Drain, or Lesser Charm)
DeathLords (If Shar Dundred even allow us to use them again)
agree with most but imo:

Crypt:
Fallen Felhound
Deathguard
Icekeeper
Fallen Marilith

Slaughterhouse:
Undead Infernal Contraption (meat wagon replaced with its demonic counterpart)
Fallen Eredar Warrior
Frost Infernal (replacing abominations)

Boneyard:
Fallen Nether Drake

Temple of the Damned:
Fallen Succubus (Mbe curse, life drain, and lesser charm as spells)
Fallen Eredar Warlock (replacing obsidian statues and with somewhat same function)
Deathlord (somewhere in two years ago, I listened to Shar and Jay's commentary and Shar confirmed they will be trainable tho he could've changed his mind)

Level 19
agree with most but imo:

Crypt:
Fallen Felhound
Deathguard
Icekeeper
Fallen Marilith

Slaughterhouse:
Undead Infernal Contraption (meat wagon replaced with its demonic counterpart)
Fallen Eredar Warrior
Frost Infernal (replacing abominations)

Boneyard:
Fallen Nether Drake

Temple of the Damned:
Fallen Succubus (Mbe curse, life drain, and lesser charm as spells)
Fallen Eredar Warlock (replacing obsidian statues and with somewhat same function)
Deathlord (somewhere in two years ago, I listened to Shar and Jay's commentary and Shar confirmed they will be trainable tho he could've changed his mind)
What ever the case for the Tech Tree. Im really looking for to play the Chapter where we will finally kill Lord Hesthration that asshole of a Dread Lord General.

Level 27
I kinda want Deathlords to replace Obsidian Statues with restrictions slapped on it. For example:
  • High food cost.
  • Limit training to 1.
  • Can only use Unholy Regeneration once or twice in the entire level.
That way, Kezzar Nexus can be extremely aggressive without waiting for the slow ass Essence of Blight heal.

Other than that, I have a few ideas for new Kezzar units:

Sunderer: Reanimated Eredar warriors. Trained from Crypts. Attacks can reduce its targets' armor for a small amount.

Doomsinger: Reanimated lesser Succubi. Trained from Temples of the Damned. Can use Curse, Shout of Terror (single target/smaller AoE Howl of Terror by using Drunken Haze) and Orb of Annihilation.

Hemomancer: Reanimated elite Succubi. Trained from Temples. Can use Slow, Life Drain, and Death Coil.

Soul Engine: Modified Infernal Contraptions. Trained at Slaughterhouses. Has reduced splash radius, but can use Unleash Soul (weaker Locust Swarm) to repair it over time by damaging nearby enemies.

Level 16
Rn, Kezzar feels like the most fleshed out nexus with prominent figures. Ornasion as the lord/king, Morganur as the second-in-command, Urshan and mbe Margazar as lieutenants. It would be interesting to have undead pitlord as field commander. If Lisara joins the fray way after 2nd Book (in her quest for vengeance), she would be co-leader/queen of Kezzar; then we would basically have the empire of undead demons xD.
Since Tremalon and Zirr took fallen demon slaves in 1st SUB mission, future Zirr units would have some fel magic.

Level 17
So... the Dominion has red dragons.
The undead have undead dragons.
The kingdoms have "dragons" with the dragon regiment.
Gardon has black dragons.
And now gold guard has green dragons... I wonder where those are from?
I was thinking that those green dragons were actually mature sea drakes since the color of those creatures are similar from the dragons in the picture. Who knows? Maybe we are going to meet a new force that oppose the black dragons of Zyainor.

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

Interesting development. The True Story always has neat surprises and additions along the way, making the players more invested in its progress.

Considering that the Golden Guard are the direct opposite to the Ironfist, who have allied themselves with the Black Dragons, it's only natural that the crusaders of gold get dragons of their own as an answer to ever-growing might of Gardon and his new order. Shar stating about the hope that they may have a better future ahead of themselves one day presents the Green Dragons as a sympathetic force, which at this point might be experiencing hardships of some kind.

Tribal Dominion will have the Pigmen (I wonder what is the story behind them; Gorthog stated that they are more warlike than the Centaurs, but, like every non-Orc race, they also need to have a likeable or sympathetic traits to have them fit in the Dominion, so it is unclear whether they resemble traditionalist orcs or are warlike, but are not short-sighted and bloodthirsty) and the Murlocs (it would be interesting if a Murloc Hero is introduced and what kind of personality would they have), while the Golden Guard ally themselves with the Green Dragons, thus I wonder if the Undead, the Ironfist and the Demons will get new additions in the True Story.

I was thinking that those green dragons were actually mature sea drakes since the color of those creatures are similar from the dragons in the picture. Who knows? Maybe we are going to meet a new force that oppose the black dragons of Zyainor.
It would be very fitting if the Green Dragons were sea drakes or at least related to them. General Prideblade, the leader of Dragon Regiment, which had sea drakes, was once a Golden Guard member and was reporting to Van Durce. A great symbolism.

Level 17
the Murlocs (it would be interesting if a Murloc Hero is introduced and what kind of personality would they have)
If the Murlocs will have a hero in the future, I can see two options:
-A murloc sorcerer/shaman/tidesage (Similar that the Murloc hero in the custom map Monolith)
-A naga/murloc mammoth/juggernaut.
Either way, It would be interesting what the skullblade clan can offer to them (Or they'll simple slave them all, and the leader will side with Amari when the battle for leadership comes)

Level 20
Wow the golden guard got dragons (yet another faction where I can dragon spam my way to victory ^^). Poor Ramerius never got to see them.

These green dragons are almost certainly not from Rodan considering the troops the "dragon" regiment fielded so they're most likely yet another draconic species in arkain (along with the red, the black and the sand dragons I think they were called). With that many dragons, it's strange the Dragon regiment never tried to tame some of them in the decades the empire ruled the kingdoms.

I wonder how intelligent these dragons will be. Red and Sand dragons weren't shown to have more than beastlike intelligence (and new Zainor and the black dragons said the same) but there was not that much focus on them on the SOB so that might change.
On the other hand, I can't see the golden guard actually seeking an alliance with native dragons (Lord Marin is more likely to create mechanic dragons anyway) so I'd wager the dragons are the ones who contacted the golden guard. Perhaps in response to gardon's alliance with black dragons (though no record mentionned a conflict between Zainor and green dragons) or for some other reason.

Anyway, with that many different dragons available, I hope they will eventually have different stats and/or abilities (otherwhise, the heavy air options will be the same for all except the undead).
(Might not be logical in the second books era but it would be nice for new zainor to get dragons that can shapeshift into powerful human sorcerers or knights)

Level 19
Green Dragons in Golden Gaurd air force? I though Lord Marin would provide the air force needed for the Golden guard. Cause we all know what happened during the SHB.

Yet still an interesting addition to this revamped story. Hoping to see what Shar Drundred would put into this story.

Dam it speaking these words is making me itch to play your latest work! Dam it Shar I cant hold myself back any longer!

The Tribal Dominion calls to me....

Level 16
So, new dragons... that's an interesting choice for Golden Guard, I must say. It's possible they hail from Arkain as possibly forgotten ancestor of Sea Drakes (devolution could've happened in Rodan). It would be interesting if they have sort of ethereal magic (like green dragons in WoW). So, who is making pacts with Undead? Humans and Orcs are certainly bolstering their ranks with foreseeable allies. It can't be Daviliad nexus (or could be), since it was announced and established to be canon 2 yrs ago. Or... Ethereals of Splecir coming to light with new devotees added? Or fallen of Dominion joining the crusade of Scarec? Fallen Demon Slaves in Zirr finally mastering demonic magic in undeath and coming as heralds of Watcher? So many possibilities...

Level 27
Green Dragons in Golden Gaurd air force? I though Lord Marin would provide the air force needed for the Golden guard. Cause we all know what happened during the SHB.
Dragons go well with technology you know. Sure, a dragon breathing fire is scary, but a dragon with armor and has automated anti-air machine guns attached to it is nightmarish.

Dam it speaking these words is making me itch to play your latest work! Dam it Shar I cant hold myself back any longer!
Same. Literally suffering from withdrawal symptoms rn.

Level 19
Wait I also realized something. A few weeks ago, I played the SHB again and Vail said that the Dwarves (Which will become the Golden Guards' closest allies) are Dragon hunters but she didn't state what kind of Dragon the Dwarves hunted. Is it black, green, red, or dragons in general??? This ties to Shar's latest post, adding Green dragons to the Golden Guard Arsenal. Which brings this Question?

"Will this new change cause a minor commotion between the alliance of the Golden Guard and the Dwarves?"

Level 19
So Green/emerald dragons hail from arkain like black dragons? Since the black dragons were hiding before Gardon´s arrival that would make sense. However why teh green dragons would ally with the GG if they want to leave the continent?

So... the Dominion has red dragons.
The undead have undead dragons.
The kingdoms have "dragons" with the dragon regiment.
Gardon has black dragons.
And now gold guard has green dragons... I wonder where those are from?
I hope the cold north faction uses blue dragons, that would be fitting.

Tribal Dominion will have the Pigmen (I wonder what is the story behind them; Gorthog stated that they are more warlike than the Centaurs, but, like every non-Orc race, they also need to have a likeable or sympathetic traits to have them fit in the Dominion, so it is unclear whether they resemble traditionalist orcs or are warlike, but are not short-sighted and bloodthirsty) and the Murlocs (it would be interesting if a Murloc Hero is introduced and what kind of personality would they have), while the Golden Guard ally themselves with the Green Dragons, thus I wonder if the Undead, the Ironfist and the Demons will get new additions in the True Story.
Well the undead will have the daviliad nexus (We didn´t get to see them in the SUB) and perhaps the sludges enslaved by ejara nexus. The ironfist got Whitefield (even if only for a mission) and will probably get more elemental orders on their ranks, i dont think the demons will get any more allies but perhaps new and stronger units.

About the dominion, if you also included a playable Pigmen and Murloc hero, the tribal dominion would have tons and tons of heroes, perhaps even 14-15 in a Red Day mission.

It would be very fitting if the Green Dragons were sea drakes or at least related to them. General Prideblade, the leader of Dragon Regiment, which had sea drakes, was once a Golden Guard member and was reporting to Van Durce. A great symbolism.
Yeah, that would be really cool since Prideblade being a GG member or even communicating didn´t have that much importance.

I wonder how intelligent these dragons will be. Red and Sand dragons weren't shown to have more than beastlike intelligence (and new Zainor and the black dragons said the same) but there was not that much focus on them on the SOB so that might change.
Perhaps because the black dragons have a hierarchy with their Queen, also they can change to human forms like Thanok.

Perhaps in response to gardon's alliance with black dragons (though no record mentionned a conflict between Zainor and green dragons) or for some other reason.
I bet the rest of dragons with enough intelligence (only green at the moment) don´t want Zyainor to be reborn, after all the black dragons are deities to them and they just want to kill any non black dragon on existence, making the green, red and sand dragons situation hard, however both red and sand dragons are protected by the dominion so the green dragons need an ally too.

Wait I also realized something. A few weeks ago, I played the SHB again and Vail said that the Dwarves (Which will become the Golden Guards' closest allies) are Dragon hunters but she didn't state what kind of Dragon the Dwarves hunted. Is it black, green, red, or dragons in general??? This ties to Shar's latest post, adding Green dragons to the Golden Guard Arsenal. Which brings this Question?

"Will this new change cause a minor commotion between the alliance of the Golden Guard and the Dwarves?"
I think it refers to black dragons exclusively since the dwarves didn´t joined the old nor the new Zyainor. They hunted the black dragons, since it seems that green dragons are trying to fight back too, they could be allies while fighting the black dragons.

Level 19
I have a few ideas for the Pigmen Hero:
He is a strength-based hero. A heavy hitter, but has a slow attack speed. So an overall bruiser)

Blood lust (Increase attack speed)
Fan of Knives (To represent his quills if he is possibly a bristle back boar)
A possible ability that allows him to increase his base attack
For ultimate Must a passive War Aura (I mean Gorthog did say that Pigmen are somewhat warlike like the orcs.)

For the Murloc representatives

If its a base Murloc hero (It should be an intelligence hero)
Skill set should be:
Frost Armor
Crashing waves (You know what the Hydromancers used)
An intelligence aura/ (Or Summon water elemental)
The Ultimate would be CRUSHING WAVES (Cora's Ultimate) or maybe Cyclone

If it's a Naga-based hero it would be a Strength-based hero (Hopefully basing it on a Royal Guard or Najentus model)
The hero would have:
Ice throw (Similar to Boulder toss but it both slows and stuns the target)
Summon Sea Elemental
A Devotion Aura
Ultimate ability (Might be weather-related like Cora's crushing waves ultimate or Merlon's Thunderstorm ultimate)

Level 27
Come to think of it, I think it would be nice if different dragon species got different abilities, for example:
Black Dragon: Has Devour and high HP regeneration but lower damage, to disable key targets while outsustaining their enemies.
Red Dragon: Has lower armor, but higher attack splash radius to be used as glass cannons.
Sand Dragon: Can use Chain/Forked Lightning, but has less attack damage/radius, to be used as burst damage dealers.
Green Dragon: Are also treated as mechanical units, allowing them to immune to certain spells and make them repairable.

As for hero ideas, I also have a few for the Pigman and Murloc reps:

Pigman:
The Brutalizer:
Q: Hurl Big Boulder: Cluster Rockets but with a rock instead. If other Pigmen can throw boulders, then surely, their leader must be able to throw a bigger one, right?
W: Feral Spirits: Summon Spirit Pigs. They won't have Perma Invis or Critical Strike like Spirit Wolves, but they make up for it in number. Alternatively, we can also have Summon Quillboar.
E: Command Aura: Self-explanatory. Or perhaps Endurance Aura to not overlap with Grofzag's Command Aura.
Low Blow: Attacks have a very high chance to stun the target unit, but does not deal bonus damage.
R: Charge!: Increases nearby friendly units' movement speed to 522 for a short period.

Murloc:
The Abyssal Lurker:
Q: Frost Nova, or perhaps Submerge, which disables all of his other abilities, but gives him higher regeneration rate.
W: Summon Tidal Guardian: No other hero except Pechan has the ability to summon buildings, so why not?
E: Disease Cloud (like Fleshtearer) or Cannibalize.
R: Surging Tide: A shockwave-based ability with long casting time but high projectile speed or Death Chain/Flood, depending on their fighting style.

Level 17
I'm totally agreed that the pigmen hero will be strength based.
Talking about the abilities:
Q: Either Fan of knives or Thunder clap - Damage to nearby enemies since he would be a frontline hero.
W: Spiked carapace - Enemies will receive damage as they attack him.
E: Endurance Aura - To increase movement and attack speed rate.
R: War aura (Since Pigmen are described as "war like")/ Stampede (But instead of kodos, they will be boars)
Also, He will have an extra skill that allows him to summon two boars.

For the Murloc hero:
Q: Water spot (Tecnically a Frost nova but of water instead)
W: Mend surge (A healing wave variant)
E: Cold aura
R: Floot (Cora's ulti)

If he's a naga variant:
Q: Crushing wave
W: Bulwark (Passive to mitigate damage)
E: Splash passive damage
R: Tidal surge: Allows him to summond three powerful sea elementals.

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

While this is most likely an inconsequential background detail with no plot relevance and I am not sure if this topic can bring any discussion, only being relegated to this post, there were some thoughts I just had about Rangul and his family.

Despite Rangul's family being the main protagonists of the Orcish storyline and their familial relations being an important part of the plot, I can't recall that there was any mention of Rangul's wife, the mother of Amari and Sasrogarn. My impression is that she passed away and that Rangul raised his kids all by himself. Still, I am curious as to how and when she died? Did she pass away when the Orcs left their original continent (maybe even before that), while Sasrogarn and Amari were already born during that time? Did she die by childbirth (if I am not mistaken, Amari is younger than Sasrogarn and if that's the case, perhaps this could partially explain Sasrogarn's dislike of Amari, as he would blame her for their mother's death)? Since orc women were not allowed to fight, it is unlikely that she died in battle against the humans. Or perhaps she is missing and her whereabouts are unknown, with everyone assuming that she is dead. If she turned out to be alive somewhere, it would be quite a twist in my opinion.

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

You are mistaken there.
Aw shucks, Amari did state that Sasrogarn was her younger brother in Hunt for Riches chapter (just rewatched the opening cutscenes of that chapter). I am usually good at remembering various details and parts of dialogue, but this slipped past me. My bad.:sad:

Well then, I presume that Rangul's wife/Amari's mother died sometime between giving birth to Sasrogarn (raising him for few years) and Rangul raiding Redfists' mansion or maybe she died by childbirth, thus Sasrogarn may not have known his mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 21
I think it makes sense and I think I understand what you mean - however, it poses a vital question I would say:
What do you expect from the end of the True Story of Arkain? What do you (both you, Jay, in particular, as well as everyone else reading this) expect how the campaign will end?
I think the answer to that question, the exact expectations you have, is very much relevant here.
Finally getting around to writing this up, but based on your response I assume we are already on the same page. I am not someone who needs everything neatly wrapped up with a bow on it. I appreciate levels of open-endedness and trust in an audience to interpret implicit outcomes that are not directly told.

That all being said, what I expect is fairly broad and everything I talk about goes along with a 'more or less' by default.

A big part of the origins of the story are the four demis and their shenanigans. Whether it be behind the scenes or laid bare for other characters to see, I expect some sort of reveal or climax around this relationship along with narrative movement around it.
Based on the Second Books, it seems as if:
  1. Dark One has minimal to no confrontation or arc. Likely because of no SUD conclusion, but this is the biggest outstanding one. As far as we know he just chills as the Rodan Emperor. This in particular feels too large to leave hanging for post-True Story. I'd expect some sort of movement to this story that otherwise feels like a huge revelation that goes nowhere and affects nothing.
  2. Aridon dips out and we don't know why. Likely because of no SUD conclusion so I assume you have already planned this out.
  3. Brian's arc begins and ends properly with the 2nd Human and Orc books in my opinion.
  4. Demon God is dead and that's fine. It feels like there are so many topics regarding the Demons that we have zero information to even speculate on. Maybe the obvious interpretation is because their God was killed, it threw their race into chaos that they have never recovered from, which could explain why they are pointlessly aggressive. But that's a big stretch on my end.
I sort of see a blurry picture where the Redfist sisters become the spiritual successors to each of the four, which would be a really neat and personal way to wrap things up for the meta-story. There is a lot of flexibility with how that could be done. The fourth sister not being introduced yet in the True Story does pump the brakes on this potential.

Anywho, I don't expect that path or anything, but it's an example of an 'end' to the grander story without ending the entire fictional universe. A way to end the current age and start a new one.
The original 2nd Books did not set up a real 'end' per say beyond killing Kersidar.
While that is certainly large scale and epic, it does feel narrow in scope compared to the world that you have crafted where we players know all the stuff that is happening in the background.

Lastly, characters with a clear arc set up should have get some closure or some sort of movement. For example, what you do with The Destroyer is up to you but it has to be something. I know you almost definitely have that one planned out already, but you have set up stuff for A LOT of characters lol (good luck). An example of a character that has some interesting stuff going on but doesn't actually have an arc is someone like Kenos, where I do not expect much elaboration or screen time.

At the end of the day, I think you created the True Story so that you could bring all this stuff together, so I have faith any end you go for will be holistic and satisfying even if open-ended or morally ambiguous. You can't please everyone and inevitably someone's favorite obscure character won't get enough closure for them. So there is more detail around why the post-True Story short stories give me that feeling as if the True Story doesn't really have an end and the stories are actually continuations of the same in-universe Age rather than describing a new one.
Zyainor is reborn, Dominion is created and chill, Undead are no longer a hive mind, Kersidar is dead
- I totally recognize these as the major events for all the factions and now as I type that maybe I'm way off base, so I'll go now, goodbye!

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Thank you for your thorough response - as you know I do enjoy reading these things and take
such concerns seriously (if presented correctly ofc). It also helps to read the "player side" in regards
to the story since both me and @Kasrkin are aware of things that have not made it in just yet and it
is always important to keep in mind to properly transfer the lore in a way that isn't too confusing or
makes it seem like it makes no sense at all.

Normally I would response to every part of your post piece by piece but to avoid getting into spoiler-heavy
territory, I will refrain from doing that this time.
I can say with absolute and unwavering confidence that none of the concerns you mentioned will be ignored
and have in fact been taken into account when writing the script of the True Story so I am quite positive that
you, among with many others, will be satisfied with the end of the True Story of Arkain.
And not actually ask for a Real Story of Arkain, A Really True Story of Arkain, A Truest Story of Arkain or
THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH OF ARKAIN. At least not unironically.

Once again, thank you for being so open about it to say it out loud (as well as to anyone else who is voicing their
thoughts of course!) and I can assure you that the mentioned points will be taken into account in the True Story.

And yes, both the Destroyer arc and characters like our fire-friendly Kenos will have a satisfying conclusion to their story.
No way I'll tell you what it will be of course. ; )

Level 8
As always, me being late for these things... But it's my turn to say what I think of Arkain's future.
Yes, Arkain's future, since I don't think it's going to end... Well, not as such, I mean, after all, Arkain's universe has never pointed to a fixed place, of course we have Gardon with Zyanor, Amari with the Dominion, the Redfist sisters, the Empire, the demons and the "gods", who despite being part of the "main" characters, the end of all would not really end Arkain, since each one still he would have so many things to do that the second void war would be dwarfed. On the other hand we have the secondary ones and their stories, even other factions with their goals and history.
But even so, I expect certain outcomes of stories that I know will end in the medium term, such as the formation of the Dominion as such, we know that Amari will rise as empress, but I also want to see what each member thinks, because even if Amari does the things well things, it would already seem strange that other races with their different systems of government say a unanimous yes, for example, would black trolls abandon their democracy for an empire? I know that Amari probably gives each "ally" high autonomy in terms of how govern themselves, but even so, I believe that there will be frictions since yes or yes they will be due to someone no matter how autonomous they are, for example the Gnolls would be the ones who would rather be seen as allies and not as subjects, with which I think they would agree to form a coalition, but let no one be superior to the other, so Amari's title could cause obvious friction.
Speaking of the domain, I also hope that the murlocs are left in something, I say that perhaps with more technology they can give them the maritime support they need, since they are not only the fish people we know, but they have proven to breed turtles and marine reptiles, apart from that they can become strong like rumps (mammoth murlocs say hello).
Now targeting the humans, of course I look forward to Zyanor's rebirth, but... I want them to have reason to have a "cold war" since currently I would have no reason for that, other than everyone would be happy to annex the remaining kingdoms or to finish off all of Kerrel minimally, which should feel like a counterweight to Zyanor on the continent, I clarify that something that equals them in strength would be stupid and impossible, but at least Zyanor doesn't fall on top of them easily.
In the dead I hope for more autonomy when Aridon shuts himself up to cry for failure... I mean to meditate, I would love to see fights between the Nexus, more than anything political and ideological, since Aridon does not tell them what to do, there could be friction between the Nexus, but without killing each other, since their freedom would not reach that much, apart from the fact that a meeting between Ornasion, Haran, Keera and Mordin would be great, talking and discussing what it feels like to kill / enslave theirs.
As long as they keep Meya busy with her "new toys" then I think it would be the least traumatic for everyone, but it would be interesting to see how far the Rohir Nexus would go.
Demons would be great to really see what their little house is like, I think now it would be less intimidating if we see the Doomguard growing food, the infernals building houses and the Eredar teaching in the libraries... Jokes aside, I really want to see the lands of the demons and how fucked up his land is to want to sacrifice hundreds of thousands to get more, even to see the remains of the demon god (I think Magnorin has a tourist industry in that area and charges to see the remains of the demon god).
And despite everything I said, there would still be many more stories to tell, apart from stories to know, since we really only know one continent of the world, we still have to see the rest, we don't know what the empire is like, we don't know where it is and because the orcs emigrated (Unless, a conspiracy in progress, that the continent of the orcs is what would be the Empire today, and that they fled because they were almost completely destroyed by the imperials... Something that was lost in time ), we can see the cold north and the sands of the south, apart from the fact that we don't know if there really are more things that Shar is saving for later (Shar: Now it will be a surprise when he brings in the night elves and their allies the Tauren).
I know that Arkain will never end until Shar decides so and he doesn't want anyone else to continue the story, yes, knowing him well, I know that when that happens, Shar will give us the best ending he can do, of course there are still many things missing to tell and partially incomplete stories, but it will be the most legendary to be seen in Hive for many years.
This is my opinion... And yes I know... Let me say it myself...

A LOT OF TEXT.

Going off topic, I wanted to ask a question... I want to analyze the boni of each chapter and analyze them, apart from seeing which would be the best of each chapter, according to me clearly, I will no longer think about the matter, should I create a new thread for all of us to analyze and make it easier to find?, or just posted it right here.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Going off topic, I wanted to ask a question... I want to analyze the boni of each chapter and analyze them, apart from seeing which would be the best of each chapter, according to me clearly, I will no longer think about the matter, should I create a new thread for all of us to analyze and make it easier to find?, or just posted it right here.
Forgot to reply to this one.
Both would work, really. A different thread may make it easier to find again though.
Your call! :)

Level 8
Honestly, until now I realize what I'm getting myself into, remember that I said that I was going to analyze all the bonuses per mission?... Well, I'm playing each level (with bonuses obviously) ten times each, of course I don't do them run because although it's hard to believe, I have a life of my own, apart from a job XD, and also because I'm not a masochist... Well... not really, because if I wasn't I wouldn't be doing this kind of weird research. For now I have made many notes and found many curious things, such as in the Rebellion mission I discovered that there is a troop with the passive dark warrior (The exclusive one for the Ironfist) who is the necromancer, I will have enough work for at least a week, apart from that thinking outside the box is a good brain exercise(?). So... Wish me luck, so that I manage to maintain my mental health and that at some point I reach the new chapters XD

Level 26
After the release of the TTSoA (The True Story of Arkain)0.71, I decided to do a full replay of the campaign from the beginning(It's my fourth or Fifth replay). Normal difficulty only, not lower, not higher. It went good (not as I expected, some lil' challenges there and here, especially on the Bull and Wolf chapter, but I made it).

The Wolf and the Bull: Other than the player, the other allies under AI control are not even using their mines to mine gold. No one. So it's a good option to exploit this "error", because the AI allies are not need their mine.

I made it to the "Rescue" chapter. I can complete this chapter on easy, no problem. I know, there is another types of chapters in Arkain: there are much harder and challenging ones. But this map is different, as many map in this campaign. I can complete only the main quest, but I can't conquer the whole map. Here is why I find harder to complete this chapter, and I can't completed yet:

1. I want to destroy the Wolf Regiment, The Salrian Phalanx, Lerrig Forces.
2. After that or between them I want to complete the Brood Mother side quest.
3. Of course, I don't want to attack any Grey Guard forces in the area.
4. During all these things I don't want to provoke the Bull regiment to attack the remaining Darkmind Forces on the upper left corner of the map. You know, no body want's his own life to be harder, and these Bull guys are no joke. They can put up a hard fight even in very small numbers, and I was baby sitting the whole map from the beginning to save the once famous, great, godliest Darkmind remnants.

"HuanJuan, why you want to complete such tasks like these? You can complete the map if you are focusing on the Phoenix Regiment only, do you?"
Maybe I can complete, but I want to do these things, to get some items from the map (Gloves of Haste, etc.). So after this map the heroes have some extra, and making da heroes life a bit easier. Sadly, I killed many hours on this, and I didn't want to lower the Difficulty on the map, just to complete it.
I also learned how to go "full troll" with Troll Witch Doctors. Stasis traps are fun.

The First Orc Book: Rescue chapter and TTSoA: Rescue chapter are two diffent map, with different unit layout and tech trees on the player side, and on the side of the enemies. Be aware of that.

Update: Ephrog... He always in the intros, and not even once is playable.... Like in Pillage, Hortnog is not existing during the chapter, just in cutscenes... I don't say it suppose to have, when you see them, just a bit wtf moments from the campaign.

Last edited:
Level 19
A few Questions for Shar:
I've noticed a pattern that the creator of Arkain loves to do. You would expect to play a specific race and their specific faction and their entire tech tree at your disposal. And then when playing respective factions in certain chapters. Instead, you get to play a seemingly neutered faction?? For example the Rohir nexus. I know Shar has added cool undead units to this faction. Specifically Poisoners (Undead versions of Drawven riflemen) and Disease teams (An Undead version of Mortar teams).
So here's question 1: Why fighting the faction as opponents, they have the good and cool troops? While the player (That is me) is seemingly stuck with mediocre troops? Like the Final chapter for the Undead in "BLOOD BATH" (Where the undead fights Ornasion's legion). I pick Rohir in that mission (I was expecting Poisoners and Disease teams at my disposal). Instead, I got a mediocre Skeleton for a range unit that should have belonged to the Scarrec Nexus and freaking slow Meat wagons instead of the Disease teams. And in the Chapter of Lord of Shadows, I fought the Rohir nexus and there they are! Having freaking Poisoners and Disease teams at their disposal! I question this design decision Shar. Explain this to me.

Why? Why Shar?? (I understand what your design for the levels, Shar, but can you at least give your fan base a hint of chances to use all the faction exclusives units?) COUGH! *COUGH! Iron Thunder Cough! Please make them playable? COUGH! At least Trainable High Shamans?...

Now for question 2: I've been waiting - NO wait the Tribal Dominion fans have been waiting for 2 freaking months now! (I'm not mad. This is how I write my sentences ok? I'm very expressive. Please understand me here) Can you at least give me or us an incy wincy hint as to what the hell the Orcs are up to now? Aside from scheming to take over Salria and escaping the cursed Pearl of Lor with the Bearmen?

Also, 3rd and Last Question: I have a hunch that ya spent these past 2 months making not one but multiple True Story exclusives Chapters and it also involves the Orcs' 2 New Allied races: The Pigmen and The Murlocs. So? Are we getting exclusive chapters to play just to recruit them and then use their troops before meeting Flammedus and invading with them in Salria?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
It's later now.

I've noticed a pattern that the creator of Arkain loves to do. You would expect to play a specific race and their specific faction and their entire tech tree at your disposal. And then when playing respective factions in certain chapters. Instead, you get to play a seemingly neutered faction?? For example the Rohir nexus. I know Shar has added cool undead units to this faction. Specifically Poisoners (Undead versions of Drawven riflemen) and Disease teams (An Undead version of Mortar teams).
There have always been AI only units, both in Arkain, in vanilla and many other projects.
It allows more liberty with the design and balance as well as the reason I am explaining next.
So here's question 1: Why fighting the faction as opponents, they have the good and cool troops? While the player (That is me) is seemingly stuck with mediocre troops? Like the Final chapter for the Undead in "BLOOD BATH" (Where the undead fights Ornasion's legion). I pick Rohir in that mission (I was expecting Poisoners and Disease teams at my disposal). Instead, I got a mediocre Skeleton for a range unit that should have belonged to the Scarrec Nexus and freaking slow Meat wagons instead of the Disease teams. And in the Chapter of Lord of Shadows, I fought the Rohir nexus and there they are! Having freaking Poisoners and Disease teams at their disposal! I question this design decision Shar. Explain this to me.

Why? Why Shar?? (I understand what your design for the levels, Shar, but can you at least give your fan base a hint of chances to use all the faction exclusives units?) COUGH! *COUGH! Iron Thunder Cough! Please make them playable? COUGH! At least Trainable High Shamans?...
Several AI units are little more than reskins of existing units. The Poisoner is just a Rifleman with Poison Weapons.
The Disease Team is just a Mortar Team with Disease Cloud instead of any mortar upgrades.
Calling these units "more powerful" than their "mediocre" counterparts is just objectively wrong and misleading.
You might say that the Swordsman and the Axeman respectively are also just reskins of the Footman.
For the Swordsman that is still kind of true, while the Axeman has been made more different for that particular reason.

Another reason for AI only units is that I don't have to think about upgrades or other things that make them more
interesting, allowing me to use the time more effectively.
Would you have preferred me not to create these units at all and have AI use the same units you use rather than give them
at least some more uniqueness?
Remember how many factional units have been added in the True Story of Arkain. Consider how many of them were absent in
the original books.

Other units such as the High Shamans are of course extremely powerful and would be even more dangerous (and abuseable) in
player hands. Do remember that for a long time, Elites were also 100% untrainable - and that still is and will remain the case
for most chapters.
Now for question 2: I've been waiting - NO wait the Tribal Dominion fans have been waiting for 2 freaking months now! (I'm not mad. This is how I write my sentences ok? I'm very expressive. Please understand me here) Can you at least give me or us an incy wincy hint as to what the hell the Orcs are up to now? Aside from scheming to take over Salria and escaping the cursed Pearl of Lor with the Bearmen?
Soon. Soon you will see.
Also, 3rd and Last Question: I have a hunch that ya spent these past 2 months making not one but multiple True Story exclusives Chapters
You would be incorrect.
As I have stated in the Arkain News Network when I released the Rath mission, I have been extremely
busy for several weeks. To my dismay due to unexpected circumstances for even longer than I had
originally planned.
So no, I have not spent an entire 2 months working on new True Story exclusives.
the Orcs' 2 New Allied races: The Pigmen and The Murlocs. So? Are we getting exclusive chapters to play just to recruit them and then use their troops before meeting Flammedus and invading with them in Salria?
You will see.

Level 19
Another reason for AI only units is that I don't have to think about upgrades or other things that make them more
interesting, allowing me to use the time more effectively.
Would you have preferred me not to create these units at all and have AI use the same units you use rather than give them
at least some more uniqueness?
Remember how many factional units have been added in the True Story of Arkain. Consider how many of them were absent in
the original books.
Yes, Master Shar. I am aware of this that you added more than enough factional units in the True story for the players to play as.
Other units such as the High Shamans are of course extremely powerful and would be even more dangerous (and abuseable) in
player hands. Do remember that for a long time, Elites were also 100% untrainable - and that still is and will remain the case
for most chapters.
Alright, fair point. But Abusing power in some missions is your fan bases' thing, Shar. Its a campaign and some overpowered units brings out more flavor to the campaign or certain Chapter itself. But?...
If thats what ya think then? I would just respect the master of Arkain and his decisions then.

My apologize for my selfishness, I just wanted to taste more of unit gameplay mechanics and their gimmicks.

Unitl then... I will continue to wait until the next orc missions are finally released.

Level 8
Now here comes this... I can cry at this point, I'm happy for this gift from Shar, but... My PC just exploded and I can't get a new hard drive until I save enough (Living in Venezuela doesn't it's so easy to recover the damaged things), I also stayed in the middle of the analysis of all the boni (I just stayed trying Larine's ones at the end of the rebellion), it sucks but sometimes life is like that, I will follow the project but I will look forward to playing the missions and not just reading the lore... pray for me to have the 2Gig PC functional again

Level 26
I have questions @Shar Dundred about the "A Fresh Breeze" chapter.

There is a Murloc Tribe right next to the Dragon Regiment. If I play with the Orcs, and I kill every single member of the tribe, there is going to be consequences in someway of the story?

In this map are going to be have some changes in the future? Maybe playable Demon faction? There are several Demon infested Islands, nothing more.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
I'm not explaining a thing this time.

The Pie of Ruling.JPG