Here are my predictions for the fate of Arkain.
- On Gardon's side, most of it will probably follow the SHB. He invades the elves, runs down the Golden Guard and launches the offensive through the Void, before being betrayed by the undead. Even though I would really like to see some of the regiments join him, I doubt it will happen (except maybe for the Falcon). We know from the short stories that Salana and the Queen's twin are recovered by the undead so I'm just curious as to why Salana was left alive (I know it was the same in the SHB but I don't think it was really explained apart from "negligence", which seems strange for Gardon)
- On Salria, while there are a lot more characters in play than in the SOB, I think the general plot will remain the same (except for the end. I doubt Pechan is ever going to get his hands on the Purificator). Kenos will probably serve as the exemple that shows Zairmak humans can be pretty impressive and not terrible instead of Commander Fox or Thorns (can't remember which, they will probably get killed by Aedale). I doubt there will be a civil war since no one wants to follow Sas (Though since Rath and the Darkmind might survive, you never know). I believe the Dominion will make a non agression pact with new Zainor, otherwhise they would be much more hostile in the short stories. Most Mercs and Regiments will probably die, with the pirates fleeing, the order of lightning joining Gardon, and Logan either joining the Dominion or Zainor.
- On the Undead side, we'll probably have a good cleansing of the elven forest to start off the Daviliad Nexus and perhaps we may learn more about the pest that ravaged the Kingdom of Rangar (I think Shar told the undead weren't responsible, but I doubt they weren't involved, especially since according to the short stories, Edoarus practically runs Rangar's nobility after the second voidwar). Overall we'll probably get mostly semi-covert actions (like Krom's defense of the Salrian border)
- The Destroyer and the former chieftain's daughter. It sounds unsolvable but seeing how the Destroyer was redeemed in the eyes of the player, everything is possible (I hope they get to crush Salrian knights together, that's good therapy)
- The Darkmind. I really don't know how things will play out.
- Aedale. At this point, she's definitely going to kill Redfist but I just hope she gets to keep at least a bit of her personnality, especially since both her sisters are possibly getting corrupted for her sake, that would be too much drama wasted. By the way, since she'll go to Salria to kill Redfist, maybe she could meet Vanessa, I think that would make for a very entertaining discussion. There is also Cheveran and his order so maybe Aedale can play a bigger role than she did in her corrupted route in the SHB.