• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 4
@Shar Dundred Alright so my thoughts on the new orc teaser

The Deathbreeze: "DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE, YOU ARE A PIRATE!" I like how the grunts look they look really advanced and the skulls make them really look like pirates, I hope ephrog becomes some sort of Demi-hero or even a hero, Rangul ready to find some clues, I don't know if those are all the units but the deathbreeze seem to only have new grunts which better be good since they look really bad ass.

The Darkmind: "What's that smell? Oh bad dog!" Rath looks ready to beat the shit out of some humans, Outrunners and trackers seem to be the same, I hope that by choosing rath we can get earlier access to the warlords.

The Goldaxe: "Friendship is more valuable then gold... Or so I'm told" I really like their design, the grunts and raiders really look like upgraded versions of the base ones which makes sense, their spearmen look nice, and the champions look like grunts that really lift, although shar, I don't know if this is possible but could you find a more fitting blademaster model? The current one for the goldaxe looks a little to poor, like he needs more armor or something.

The Ironthunder: "You ever get hit by lightning where the sun don't shine?" I love their looks, the grunts look amazing, I hope they have some special ability like the druid of the claws rejuvinate or the druid of the talons faerie fire, just like a battle mage unit with like 1 spell, the dark shamans look nice, I hope they can summon elementals and act like a summoning army for the orcs with summoning nature elementals

The Bloodhand: "I DON'T HAVE ANGER ISSUES MOM!" The grunts looks nice, their armor makes them looks ready for battle but it's not to much like the goldaxe since they aren't rich, the orcs with the wolverine claws look like good cheap melee assassin like units, and the units next to them look like ranged units that throw some stuff and could have a ability like the dwarves flare but a smaller weaker version using some improvised orc explosives. Also I wonder why you used destroyer and not the son of the chieftain who replaces him after you kill destroyer.

The Ravaging Fire: "Power is...well POWER!" Zairmak looks old but I won't tell him that to his face, the acolyte orcs look like pure spellcasters who can use some powerful necromancy or elemental powers, the necrolytes look nice like always and the grunts look amazing, again hope they have some special ability tied to the grunt of the clan and not just a reskin.

The Skullblade Clan: "I can see my house!" Grael is there of course, the grunts look nice, they look ready to jump on any flying beast that is on the ground, the orc hunters make a return hopefully with a unique ability, I guess those windriders not on mounts are the dragon lancers since I never played the beta, and the windriders look nice, although I personally didn't use any of the flying orc units except like the batriders.

So those are my thoughts, sorry if it's to long shar, and hopefully you fix the goldaxe blademaster, it isn't a big issue but it's kinda weird that he looks so bare and stuff when every unit around him looks advanced and richer.

Level 4
I wonder if you will give the skullblade will have the ability like the nightelf archers to mount like wild wyverns or something, also glad to hear the goldaxe thing also question about the grunts, each clan has different grunts and I hope they have like different stats or something or at least have abillities and aren't just boring re-skins.

Level 4
@Shar Dundred Also will you add pictures like you did for the regiments and clans for each faction? I really wanna share all the armies with my friends and stuff, so I wonder if you could add those images to the faction sheet or something with spoilers, most of my friends never played warcraft 3 but they really like the lore and stuff that you made so you have some new fans who without them even trying your campaign before. I will keep spreading the lore of arkain for all my interested friends.

Level 11
i really want to see how will you change the undead and i think it will be amazing if the players be able to summon the enemy fallen warriors and heroes to be there slaves i will give an example for it if was playing vs three regiments and these regiments are wolf regiment and falcon regiment and bull regiment if i destroyed the bull regiment base i got the option to resurrect them as undead if that would happen it would be amazing and sorry if there any wrong grammar or words

Level 4
@Shar Dundred yeah I think being able to look at the different armies in the faction list would be nice 8like being able to see the beartribes,the clans, the undead nexuses etc) I love the new models, the Goldaxe one looks as I imagined him and the Skullblade one is also nice, especially with the weird mouth thing. Also I guess the undead will get the same thing as the orcs and the humans but instead it will be the different undead nexuses.

Level 16
@Shar Dundred Quick question: Considering there are more demons legions we haven't encountered yet, can the combined forces of Blooddrinker and Souleater, both the strongest legions during the time of the invasion, defeat all of them? This includes Ornasion (before death), Lisara (before banishment), Ebira, Kersidar, and Hesrathion as commanders.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
@Shar Dundred Werent dragonlancers part of SOB beta too?
No, they were not playable in SOB

@Shar Dundred Quick question: Considering there are more demons legions we haven't encountered yet, can the combined forces of Blooddrinker and Souleater, both the strongest legions during the time of the invasion, defeat all of them? This includes Ornasion (before death), Lisara (before banishment), Ebira, Kersidar, and Hesrathion as commanders.
Against the others all united? No.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

No, they were not playable in SOB
Weird. Perhaps im confusing them with some other unit. Are we talking about that ranged ground unit with slowing venom and enormous attack damage? I even remember you telling me how overpowered it was compared to the rest of ranged unit roster, and it was the reason why it was removed. It was after the release of the Ogre Legion chapter, if I recall.

@LickMyEyeBall I didn't play the orc betas, what did the Dragon lancers do?
Basically, heavy ranged fire support. They combined good DPS and survivability.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
A certain Dreadlord has found a REVOLUTIONARY way to look CLASSY!

164859EE54875F32AA4BF6FD20E7F8E9F5AE5BA2

(special thanks to @deepstrasz for this!)

Level 10
I just pictured Ornasion taking Ebira out to ballet or opera... that must be that unimaginable torture that demons always talk about.

Level 4
We've been spending most our lives living in a dreadlords paradise, we waste an entire army once or twice attacking in a dreadlords paradise (may make a full version just for arkain)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
So, about 22 hours left to add more questions for the AQT, we're currently at about 200, not
counting the questions asked more than once.
Please keep in mind that while replying to as many questions as possible there are some I
can not add for various reasons.
Either way, I am amazed at this level of participation and can't wait to present the results! :)

Level 4
Ohhh I like what I am seeing, it looks real good, finally some orc love, orc and tribal dominion fans rise up my brothers and sister and people of no gender.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
lets hope this campaign wont go like the Witcher series on netflix :D

I imagine we can keep the original spirit of the series intact if a bit not quite what was expected, also Nilfgaard armor design suckedddddd but that was the least of that show's problems.

Level 10
The Redfist gets defeated? Nooooo, how could you Shar. What will now happen to the best family in the world now that papa´s gone? :-(

Level 19
Lets talk about the questions since Shar is too cruel to give us the demo.

93) Boranel Aspurex... i think i´ve heard a similar name somewhere, someone wearing a big golden armor i think...

132) So best papa of the Year won pretty much every 1v1, with the exception of some dreadlords, the gods and his daughter.

146) So there were at least 7 mage orders. The mage one on Pyrru (they were revenants so we can´t guess which one was), the fire one on Rengar, the lightning one on Isalmur, and the Dwarves have their runepriest too. Probably Toran had the water/sea one, since they owned tons of ships.

153) WHY SHAR WHY, those damn Pigmen are back, i hate them.

166) So the Vermin are a dark race, probably that´s why Progaderas is his god. The poor firelord never get a chance to rest.

197) Well, probably in the future i´ll give you some money for patreon, as you said this is not a proper time to spend money. So you´ll have to wait for my dolars Shar ;)

Level 22
10) That's pretty interesting. Aridon sounds like the kind of person who would do such a thing.

12) I wish the demons luck in kidnapping Aridon and getting your approval for bringing the Demon God back. I wonder which one will be harder though? :p

22 ) Fair enough, though trying to construct something like a few bridges may not have been the worst of ideas.

46) Progaderas finally found his equal.

61) As much as I'd like for stats and abilities to be transferred, it may result in certain missions unintentionally being a lot easier.

103) possibly being revealed after the arrival of a true story near you.

124) It must have been a very unpleasant game of monopoly then.

126) I'll take that as a "yes, but I haven't developed the script that far yet"

140) Brian is a pretty interesting fellow. The less you know about him, the more highly he thinks of you.

149) That's a lot of soldiers and a pretty horrible fate to boot.

199) Marin is the long lost 4th Bonelord confirmed.

201) I'm starting to see a trend here. If an area is not worth conquering according to a character's POV, then that means it must be conquered. Otherwise, it will cause massive problems in the future.

205) His flame may not burn as bright as those in chapter 13, SHB, but he'll always be popular with the players.

208) :(

Level 29
24- That is, of course, if Aridon wouldn't intervene, which he would.

27- So, needless to say, Zyainor won't have to worry about a third demon invasion for a very long time.

40- That, or he was afraid that Ornassion would murder Kersidar the moment he saw him. Every time Kersidar got raised.

131 - Of course. That guy's hatred is such that had made him unstoppable.

141- I just assumed that he would forge a nation that could someday rival Aridon's undead legions.