• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 1
Hey! Question about chapter 14 of Second Orc book.

Is there any other possible allies that you can get other than Kasrkin? I got curious because what if I killed Blen. etc. Would be nice to know if there's any more options or something

Last edited by a moderator:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Is there any other possible allies that you can get other than Kasrkin? I got curious because what if I killed Blen. etc. Would be nice to know if there's any more options or something

Not killing Blen results in Ironfist soldiers supporting you instead, led by Knight Commander
Varan (unless you pissed the Humans off so much that there is no alliance at all, meaning that there
is also no allies in that mission).

Level 1
My bad for that, I forgot to put Spoiler.
Last Question ( For Now :) ).

So it has been revealed and confirmed that "Brian" Is the lord of the shadows. And as said by Lisara there is 4. So who is the other 3? Ateast who are the others that has been revealed already?

Level 34
My bad for that, I forgot to put Spoiler.
Last Question ( For Now :) ).

So it has been revealed and confirmed that "Brian" Is the lord of the shadows. And as said by Lisara there is 4. So who is the other 3? Ateast who are the others that has been revealed already?

Aridon (Avatar of Death) ;Demon God ; Brian ( Lord of Shadows) , Dark One.

Level 10
Wait, you can get human help in second orc book ch 14?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 29
Just read the Nexus story.

Ejara Nexus: the enslavers of the living, believing that all should bow to Aridon. While they only currently enslave the Nerubians I think this is only because the undead only control Death Mountain. If the undead also controlled Salria, they would undoubtly enslave the centaurs and other races living there.

Zirr Nexus: the guardians of knowledge, not only of the undead but of the world.

Rohir Nexus: the 'recruiters' of the undead legions, similar to the Cult of the Damned's role in the Warcraft universe. They are like a slightly more benevolent version of the Ejara Nexus. They also serve as the 'eyes' to Aridon since they can possess individuals and walk among enemies without being noticed. This is Paranoia Fuel at its finest, the mere thought that the people you talk everyday might be either spies to Aridon or they have been either replaced or possessed.

Splecir Nexus: Aridon's most fanatical followers and pretty much his personal guard. Among so many nexus, all with their own distinct beliefs, a nexus that stays 'pure' certainly has its uses no doubt.

Ardoz Nexus: the 'mad scientists' of the undead, similar to Clan Mors and Clan Skryre from the Warhammer universe and the Scourge in Warcraft. While this could imply that they cooperate with the Zirr Nexus, I am not sure if Zirr Nexus approves of their methods.

Scarec Nexus: the 'nazis' of the undead that despise everything that is made of flesh or at least living flesh. I get the feeling that they don't like the tactics of the Rohir Nexus since it involves using 'disgusting flesh' to accomplish their goals.

Kezzar Nexus: the demons under Ornassion. These guys might have the hardest since they are entirely composed of risen demons and they are the most recent addition to the undead faction.

Lenira Nexus: the Dark Elves. These are at least to me, no doubt, closer to the Rohir and Splecir Nexuses due to their similar ideologies.

So till now I don't recall seeing the Ardoz, the Scarec and Kezzar Nexuses in the human and orc books, which means they will appear only in the Second Undead Book, right?

If I were to pick one Nexus to join, it would be the Zirr Nexus with nearly no second doubts.

Level 22
Read the nexus short story.

Ejara Nexus: If the undead ever decide to enslave stronger races, these guys will be quite the big deal. For now, they're ok.

Zirr Nexus: Cora's probably pretty happy being a part of it. Will all that knowledge, maybe they'll surpass the tribal dominion spellcasters gameplaywise. Maybe.

Rohir Nexus: Reminds me of the Mindslayer legion.

Splecir Nexus: The all-around best nexus. Aridon should be proud of having them as his elite and ashamed of leaving them, even if temporarily.

Ardoz Nexus: I bet they can teach Thanok and Gardon a thing or two about their craft.

Scarec Nexus: I'm glad they'll never get their wish. I also hope they at least wear armor.

Kezzar Nexus: The cool thing about this Nexus is that it would've probably served Aridon even without him binding them to his will.

Lenira Nexus: Elves... oh wait, these are dark elves so we're cool. Don't really have an opinion on them. I hope they'll surprise me during the SUB.

serants -> servants
seperate -> separate
abilties -> abilities
full scale -> full-scale

Level 29
Splecir Nexus: The all-around best nexus. Aridon should be proud of having them as his elite and ashamed of leaving them, even if temporarily.

I bet these guys will have an existential crisis when Aridon temporarily isolates himself.

Kezzar Nexus: The cool thing about this Nexus is that it would've probably served Aridon even without him binding them to his will.

Probably because Aridon wants the demon invasion to be stopped, but imagine if Aridon decided 'These mortals are too annoying. Let the demons ravage them all and we make a non-agression pact with them'. Would they follow their loyalty to Aridon or their desire for revenge?

Level 22
Probably because Aridon wants the demon invasion to be stopped, but imagine if Aridon decided 'These mortals are too annoying. Let the demons ravage them all and we make a non-agression pact with them'. Would they follow their loyalty to Aridon or their desire for revenge?

Most likely revenge, but Aridon would've gotten what he wanted, even if this way would be considered the undesirable way to do it. Ornasion and his undead demons would've bought him more than enough time for him to complete his plans.

Level 34
Why did Aridon create the elves as natural life but has them turn enemies to his will as undead? I mean, wouldn't the elves be more powerful or wouldn't it be safer for them to be undead too?

Probably Aridon just corrupted the normal elves with his teachings and powers, thus the dark elves took birth. You can say he created them, but not from ash.

Level 29
Probably Aridon just corrupted the normal elves with his teachings and powers, thus the dark elves took birth. You can say he created them, but not from ash.

Yeah I don't think Aridon has the power to create life. He is the Avatar of DEATH after all...

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Aridon created the Dark Elves, I will go further into detail with the Second Undead Book due to
several things that I do not want to reveal just yet - all will be revealed in time, do not worry.
Things will get MUCH clearer when we reach the point in the Second Undead Book where the chapters
are pretty much about them and little else. ;)
One of the reasons why the Dark Elves are not undead is the same as to why not all Nerubians are
killed: Reproduction. There is much more to it than that in their case, however, and they are
far from being any kind of "slaves". It is hard to explain without going into a very spoiler-heavy area.

Level 29
So basically the Dark Elven society is a matriarchal society where women are at the top in both military and leadership matters. I guess the male Dark Elves are so worthless that they are either simple workers (like the acolytes we control), guinea pigs for experiments or perhaps they are killed and raised as simple undead soldiers.

Another theory I had before you explained it Shar was that chances of male Dark Elves being born were very low compared to female Dark Elves and the few that were born were simply killed and their corpses were given to Aridon in order to bolster his armies.

Level 34
Just read the last tale ''The Nexus of Old and New'' and it completely changed my way of seeing the undead.

I always thought the Nexuses were simply buildings (constructions) to help Aridon channel his power to control the undead.The fact that each Nexus is a different self makes it alot interesting. This can also mean a weakness in the undead army as it kinda made clearly that not all the Nexuses envision world the same as Aridon, wich means that even the undead army can be divided somehow.

What I don't exactly understand is that, the undead that belong to a Nexus share the same mind with the Nexus , or each undead has free will ?

When Aridon leaves:

The Zirr Nexus: I see them as preservers of history and knowledge , I think they will remain neutral in the world and simply watch and learn.

The Splecir Nexus: There zealotism might blind there actions and force the ''Will of the Master'' on a very different way.

The Ardoz Nexus: Mad scientist undead , probably will experiment more and more ways of torture to satisfy there lust of agony.

The Rohir Nexus: For this I have one question, they can take mortal form , ( the Emisary that brought news to Marin about the GG being traitors ? :rolleyes:)

The Scarec Nexus: It's my personal favourite :D , and I think the most dangerous out off all the nexuses , for it is clearly stated that the only thing preventing them from mass genocide ( also undead included) is Aridon.

The Kezzar Nexus: I think they might take some action against the Demons Realm if Ornasion simply lets revenge overcome his judgement.

The Lenira Nexus: Probably I close path such as the Splecir Nexus.

The Ejara Nexus: Can't say anything about them , they will keep and hatching :confused:

Level 29
What I don't exactly understand is that, the undead that belong to a Nexus share the same mind with the Nexus , or each undead has free will ?

Well I think most undead still retain some semblance of free-will. As seen with Rahandir and Sapphira, Aridon allows them to keep their free-will to some extent, but doesn't give them enough for them to actually rebel or act on their own.

The Rohir Nexus: For this I have one question, they can take mortal form , ( the Emisary that brought news to Marin about the GG being traitors ? :rolleyes:)

Most likely yes.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
It means that they develop some sort of own mindset and personality (high-ranking Undead like Rahandir of course also have personality, this is more like a faction-thinking.
There is not going to be some Forsaken/Sylvanas going to happen at any point, however, I am leaving that kind of "Undead breaking free" nonsense to Blizzard. ;)

No comment on what they are gonna do when Aridon leaves though. Spoilers and all. :p

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
The Teaser Trailer for the Second Undead Book is scheduled to be released either tomorrow
or the day after tomorrow (most likely tomorrow though!).
Here a small screenshot to make sure you people stay tuned. ;)
full

Level 29
I just decided that "tomorrow" means "3 hours later" this time. :p
Arkain News Network

Are you in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber Shar? :D
Because three hours passed here but you had one day to finnish it.

Just watched it

I am divided in either thinking Aridon is a genuine Well-Intentioned Extremist or an arrogant God-Wannabe that thinks that only his way of acting is right.

He killed the other three to end the reign of the Four but did this knowing that only he would survive (or at least that is what he planned). Killing the Dark One made sense, but killing the Demon God and the Shadowed One was overkill. No wonder 'Brian' is resentful.

So the Dark One is to blame for the Demon invasion, most likely to weaken the Kingdoms before sending the full might of the Empire to assume control of the continent. Since Lisara only joined him after being imprisoned, this means Largoth and possibly other demons were behind this. I am pretty sure that either or both Erganoth of the Darkblade Legion and Vermon of the Mindslayer Legion might be his servants.

Last edited:
Level 22
Aridon made an extremely poor first impression on Ornasion. It's good Ornasion's an undead cretin now because I can't see a non-undead taking Aridon's points seriously.
Killing the Demon God, without making sure the Dark One was permanently dead before that, really screwed over his balance.
Saying you want to leave the mortals alone and then intervening whenever they slightly alter from the path you wanted them to take, is called hypocrisy.
Criticizing the demons for their current state, is just him criticizing himself without realizing it. If the Demon God were to see them now, he would be mad, of course, but at Aridon mostly.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I am divided in either thinking Aridon is a genuine Well-Intentioned Extremist or an arrogant God-Wannabe that thinks that only his way of acting is right.
So we have reached a point where even YOU question Aridon? :D
Damn, I'm good. :p
It's good Ornasion's an undead cretin now because I can't see a non-undead taking Aridon's points seriously.
Ah, I think you are biased, you always HATED Aridon. :p
(Don't worry, I understand the point you make, trust me, time will show more things)
If the Demon God were to see them now, he would be mad, of course, but at Aridon mostly.
At the Dark One too though.

Level 29
So we have reached a point where even YOU question Aridon? :D
Damn, I'm good. :p

I never questioned Aridon's goals, but his moral integrity on the other hand...

He claims that his idea of balance is the right one. This is 100% correct regarding mortals. Because most mortals are selfish, greedy, short-sighted, and easy to either fall to corruption or be manipulated.

However the same cannot be said about the other Four. He murdered his own siblings in order to end the reign of the Four, but did it in a way to ensure that only he would survive. Even if the Dark One hadn't betrayed them, Aridon would eventually kill them all.

By the way what are the powers of the Four?
Aridon: Death
The Shadowed One: Shadows
The Dark One: Darkness
Demon God: ? (Destruction? Fel?)

At the Dark One too though.

Well, it wasn't the Dark One that killed the Demon God

Level 7
hi guys is there a way to play the custom campaign new patches without repeating the same campaign all over again. Everytime there is a new changelog that I want to play, I always need to repeat the whole campaign just to experience the changes. Are there ways to minimize it?

Level 29
hi guys is there a way to play the custom campaign new patches without repeating the same campaign all over again. Everytime there is a new changelog that I want to play, I always need to repeat the whole campaign just to experience the changes. Are there ways to minimize it?

No, I don't think so, sorry.

Your account has a registry to how far you reached a campaign, but that registry is only connected to that said campaign. If you replace a campaign with a new version, you can't have access to the progress you did in the older version.

Level 21
Re: the Aridon discussion, it's not that I dislike Aridon per say, but I think he needs a reality check to show that he is capable of really screwing up.

Though you'd think killing his brothers without being sure the Dark Bad Guy was actually, permanently gone should have been just that... so, I don't know how much hope I have of a self awareness driven redemptive arc for him.

I'd rather see him reset on a sort of better path (as opposed to a complete and utter failure) where he can refocus his enormous power and effort to taking down the Dark One and establishing some actual peace and parity between Dominion, Zyainor, remaining Kingdoms, and Demons by working with Bry-Bry - maybe even a returned Demon God also - rather than thinking that he alone has the answer to balance. Then the 4 big guys finally leaving everyone the heck alone.

Or maybe he dies early as the first book main protagonists have a habit of doing, but leaving a legacy that eventually leads to the above.

Last edited:
Level 10
Re: the Aridon discussion, it's not that I dislike Aridon per say, but I think he needs a reality check to show that he is capable of really screwing up. I'd rather see him on a sort of redemptive path (as opposed to a complete and utter failure) where he can refocus his enormous power and effort to taking down the Dark One and establishing some actual peace and parity between Dominion, Zyainor, remaining Kingdoms, and Demons. Then the 4 big guys finally leaving everyone the heck alone.

You and pretty much everyone on Arkain knowing of him, Jay. He is the ultimate control freak.

Level 10
I haaaaaate missions where you control multiple factions. I love that Flammedus is now AI-controlled in that mission.