• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 3
Every book's timeline is different. And the Dominion's roster was pretty stuffed, so even if they were present, there wouldn't have been a proper place to put them in.
But for SHB,amari is missing for mentioned,while sass and zagor die in Ch 9,and oriki broka die in ch12.is she dead too or just run away ,may be brian remind her orcs domination will be crashed?

Level 22
Rath's fate is unknown. Okri, Brockta and Flammedus escaped. Amari isn't dead, she just didn't participate in the battle. The only one who is confirmed dead is Sasrogarn and he died later, not in chapter 9.
The Dominion is far from crushed.

Level 3
View attachment 320769

just yeeting my forces through this terrible chokepoint
ya await the defensive force mostly killed and rush 120 food army to storm the castles and kill peansants.any problem rise,tp immediately.the money I'd enough to play hit and run for owning 4 gold mines

And this remind mine that the shb 8 food black dragon Is magic attack,while sob red dragon is chaos damage?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
And this remind mine that the shb 8 food black dragon Is magic attack,while sob red dragon is chaos damage?
You are confusing Dragons and Drakes here.
The stats of both Dragons are absolutely identical, same for Drakes (also applies to the Sand Dragons/Drakes btw).
Drakes in both books deal magic damage while Dragons in both books deal chaos damage.

Level 3
Ch13 is done,now to ch14.
Even you spare blen Glenmore and allied with karsin and with 120 food full armies,it more difficult to screw with 4 enemies,a nearly full map enemies.
And the air force is more frequently and powerful than reddish and dwarves.
Who s the daddy done without karsin Ally?
I think Ch13 and 14 need 7 hero,ch15 on the contrary 5 hero is enough

Last edited:
Level 16
Will you explain one day (maybe in the faction sheet?) the Undead Nexus? Roles, leaders and all?
Because I really would like to know more about them!

Level 3
Fuck yeah

For the demon dreadlord,the kerrider much weaker than ornasion in first book.
Ornasion 10000 hp need 200 unit of undead legion to take him down
kerrider just 4000 hp,6 orcs hero can kill with easily
And no mention of lagorth again?

and afterall who is the most powerful enemy hero you encountered?

Attachments

• Warcraft III 2019-04-16 19-39-12-29.jpg
    Warcraft III 2019-04-16 19-39-12-29.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Warcraft III 2019-04-16 19-39-17-94.jpg
    Warcraft III 2019-04-16 19-39-17-94.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Level 5
Something terrifying
Lets say smth like me as undead vs Humans Orcs and Demons at same time and each race has its own new new special unit like Mecha Black Dragon
Its ordinary Black Dragon but with empowered armor that hard as heck

Level 7
hey shar, I just noticed that gladiator furblogs have only level 2 armor. They seem pretty soft compared to ogres and clan brutes even their armor is 13. Any update on this?

Something terrifying
Lets say smth like me as undead vs Humans Orcs and Demons at same time and each race has its own new new special unit like Mecha Black Dragon
Its ordinary Black Dragon but with empowered armor that hard as heck
so its like a normal warcraft campaign where the alliance and horde vs the undead and the legion? but with overpowered arkain units?

Last edited by a moderator:

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

There were two undead RMs if I recall. Is the other one scrapped?

Level 1
Can somebody help me with chapter 4 of the second orc book? How can i complete the chapter without cheats on normal along the secondary objectives, also i noticed that if u somehow menage to destroy the Imperial army(Light Blue) castle, it drops a tome. Any Help pls.

Level 1
Good Old fashioned tower spam
What exactly does that mean, defensive, offensive tower spam? No vagueness pls.

Something else, is it possible to reroute the demon waves onto the other enemys bases by chopping the trees with catapults?? Chapter 4 Orc book.

K nvm i passed it recently, only barely made it.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
@Azalen999 Please do not double-post, use the edit button instead.
Regarding your question, please read this post by @Kasrkin:
You need to make a decision on what you want to do when the mission starts. Smash and grab or fighting retreat. The bases in the east can hold indefinitely unless otherwise attacked by you and it is best to leave the Royal base alone until you have less threats to deal with. If you do attack an eastern base you must make sure it dies the first time you attack it or they will send soldiers to attack you while also fighting the demons. You're mainly attacking these side bases for items/tomes or the relief of pressure on your own base. Getting rid of the bulwark preventing the demons from attacking the bases in the west. Setting up a base in these locations is not the safest thing to do unless you have time to clear some trees or set up more defenses.

As for base defense you'll need a mixture of towers and burrows to alleviate the pressure along with a support group of no more than three to five units.

On the latter part you can dedicate everything you have to base defense and slow buildup dedicated to taking out purp and only purp. Doing this the mission should only take 20-35 minutes. Please note doing this likely means you will eventually have your base overrun as you complete the objective but it shouldn't matter since you've won by this point.

Taking on light blue is a bit of a juggle if you want to do it, purp is a very dangerous enemy if left alone but perhaps you just want that tome. Destroy the base covering the south east flank against the demons if you want to have extra help, at least a little bit in between attack waves.
Alternatively, read this post by @badest:
Damn finally pass the ch4 yesterday,type the guide soon,only it is possible with the healing fountain.

Used 3week to try already

First,after the patch,2 change is important
1.the fountain of health
2.invasion of right hand side Demòn is enhanced

And the initial gold Mine is 30000
We need to build up 80food unit army,most important thing is 12 arcotyes for chain lighting,you will number it with 3.others are golem and grunt.

The second is build up the base tower defense on left direction
You will leave a space in the entrance ,build around 30 towers,but important is it will cover with lumber mill.lumber can absord the damage and block the elites from smashing the towers

There are 3 serious vital damage to the towers
Capulets,elites,star fall

So you have to use the combined units to deal with them
Chain lighting,hero skill rock throw ,sleep,and towers

Your army will laid behind the coloums towers,once see the elited ,use teams 3 chain lighting to shot the elites,the enemies will chase you,and the grunt and golems to absorb the damage while the enemies eating up arrows.also,the elves rangers will use star fall when mutlipe units,so stun her or sleep her.and the golems and grunt will destroy the Capulet with easily beat.when your unit is nearly die,pull them back to health fountain.

The attack waves will include the grey and pale blue combined ,and the purple it's own.purple relatively weak compare to the former one,but be care full to shock wave if the knight hero that can damage multiple towers .You will find the interval for rest to refill uNits and towers

Around 40mins,as mentioned before,the blue royal army will be crushed by demons since they are weak and not enough towers,this optional quest will be finished without your doing.the gold Mine is around 12000 while you should have the 3000 gold at hand,80 units and 40 towers .Time to build a tower hall there ,move 1 hero 10 units to there and mass 15 towers at once with around 8 peons minimums.
You will use the base 42000 gold Mine for finish the Mission,so plant 30 towrer and use the barracks as the cover blocking demons to hit your tower.

So it is time to hit the purple .You will also set up the tower spam on the road they visit you regularly.set 30 towers there to lock down the area.purple can't keep threatening you with the attack,but it's defend force is still strong.you need to accumulate 3000gold at hand,ready for filling up the 100units rushing,and 4 phases to eliminate the purple
1.the blue knights around 10 and one barracks
2.the towers guarded with elites
3.the Ares knights inside the base
4.the remaining unit

Every time You will use the hero to lure the purple out and let them eat the arrows.

The central base are overwhelmed by the grey and pale blue,but it is not matter anymore because no gold Mine there,you can use the barracks on the below continue to produce units,the right base still offering you gold Mine

The red and another regime is not need to deal with while spending your golds and units,and the. Gold mine will not be useful for you,since the Demòn will hit your base and peons.

Actually the rangers base can be destroyed,but grey will attack your new base there too,so it is not beneficial to do so
And if the red and ranger base gone,the demons will rush your base too

Thanks you for the patch

Level 10
A question occured to me... While I know that eventual Third Books aren't coming in Warcraft 3 campaign format, but that spin-offs campaigns might be considered, I'm curious: From a gameplay perspective, what form would have taken the Human units of the Dominion if such thing had occured? Something striclty similar to Royal/Imperial units and spellcasters, or something with its own spin to it, like some of the Order of the Flame units? Opinion here people?

Level 22
Judging from what was said in the ''Espionage'' short story, the humans under the Dominion's control are way too few. This leads me to believe that we will never seem them as their own real faction.
Hypothetically, if they were made into one, I could see their faction as a combination between the gnolls and a few casters of the Dominion like Warlocks, Necrolytes, Shamans, etc.

Level 10
The Dominion has not slaughtered as many Humans as you may think. ;)

That was pretty much my feelings after SOB's epilogue where Shieldbearers have happened (pretty much the canon one if the Timeline's mention of them is to be trusted), and the way the Salrian population is presented in general in said Epilogue, and one of the reasons which got me to ask that question. That and the fact there are enough trusted Humans in Salria to make a spy organisation out of them. It does make me wonder what other positions within the Dominion they could manage to reach.

Level 7
What exactly does that mean, defensive, offensive tower spam? No vagueness pls.

Something else, is it possible to reroute the demon waves onto the other enemys bases by chopping the trees with catapults?? Chapter 4 Orc book.

K nvm i passed it recently, only barely made it.
slr, of course its defensive

the dominion has a complete set of buffs for armor, attack rate, speed and attack increase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Any tactic for finishing "The Southern Realm"second orc book.

Interesting units: Shieldbearers (if you have unlocked them), headhunters, medecine men and some shamans.
An quite op strategy in this map (if not changed) is to destroy enemy bases but let the castle survive. Then you can surround the castles with watchtowers and a small group of units (2 or 3) to prevent them from recovering. (Not too close to the castle because it shouldn't be destroyed during that process.

When one base is taken out the others are also quite easy. Oh and you should start fast with that: I propose to start with the very eastern base of the Salrians

Level 10
Any tactic for finishing "The Southern Realm"second orc book.

What I did in Normal was using a mix of Shieldbearers (6 are more than enough) with Warmechs, Headhunters, Witch Doctors and Shamans. I personnally had a frontline of 6 Shieldbearers and 6 Warmechs, with 3 Witch Doctors, 2 Shamans and 5 Headhunters. I really recommend the Mechas despite the Mechanical 'kink' making healing them harder and costlier, they've got more HP, Armor and damages than the HHs, and a very superior attack rate unless you take the risk of Berserking. Don't hesitate to pepper the field of battle with Healing Wards, and your forces just won't die, especially with Hero spells thrown around. Seriously, while some of the support units died during the battle, I only had one Shieldbearer die on the entire map, and that was against the Golden Guard base. I also recommend setting up heavy defensive positions on the wat to your econd gold mine, once the Hall there is built, the AI will only attack in that direction, so you can go more lightly with the western flank.

Ideally, keep indeed the enemy Castels alive to delay the Golden Guard's activation, but even if one of these Castles is accidentally destroyed while you try to keep its Peasnats under control, your defense should buy you the time to move your forces to crush the two initial big waves each time while you finish up the two other Human factions. I then set up defenses on the way to the northern base to block future attacks (they'll only go west if you have a Great Hall in Blue's ex-base), recruited Demolishers and the likes to round up my forces to 100, then attacked... Okay, I might have kitted out part of the pre-placed garrisons in the defenses I set up to wipe them out to make my initial assault easier, but once inside, they were done, and reinforcing my limited losses while I was crushing their base was pretty easy. I then went on to go the quest with the Dwarves once all their production was dead.

If anything, I consider that with the effective debuts of the Dominion army, and the access to healers other than a fountain and more heroes and spellcasters, this mission is actually way easier than Mission 4, 6, or even 3 (I freaking hate it when the Royal Army base of the South reroutes its attacks against Purple and kill him if I try to build too much defenses).

Level 3
Interesting units: Shieldbearers (if you have unlocked them), headhunters, medecine men and some shamans.
An quite op strategy in this map (if not changed) is to destroy enemy bases but let the castle survive. Then you can surround the castles with watchtowers and a small group of units (2 or 3) to prevent them from recovering. (Not too close to the castle because it shouldn't be destroyed during that process.

When one base is taken out the others are also quite easy. Oh and you should start fast with that: I propose to start with the very eastern base of the Salrians
hit the blue townhall at instant with 4 heros,
obtain 2 gold mine
block the road with with towes
rush 1 home instantly
and defense one wave
attack remaining two kingdom base with 100 food army
use the blue base at bottom,tower spam
lure golden guard to die 3-4 times
final attack

and remember the optional quest of robbing two dwarves town hall
so that ch8 you have 4000 gold at hand for 3 basess

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
I pretty much stopped using towers so much for this book cause everything does a lot of damage. The most I've ever built would've been on the Red Day protecting one of my town halls from flier attacks.

Level 3
I pretty much stopped using towers so much for this book cause everything does a lot of damage. The most I've ever built would've been on the Red Day protecting one of my town halls from flier attacks.
your design on orcs unit is good ,many tank melee unit,
but unfortunately the enemy is red fist and golden guard which is stronger than orcs warror(elites,merciless,conqueror knight),
so the main disadvantages is without useful dps range unit and air force before ch9 for 8 food red dragon.
(big airballon is the dumpest unit,the war mech cant attack the ground unit in air form,bird is too costy for 4 units and weak armor)
and many spell casters,but without brilliant aura,no way to support so big mana consumption(ch13 can get a Archmage ring but too late)

Level 5
What i like about the units is that there are many but unfortunately many are quite useless if it is a mission with a base since they are too weak or need too much food (i also wrote a bit about that in my feedbackk-post about the book)

units how they are listed in my editor (only if buildable)
Axethrower: ok but i prefer others
Bloodhound: why should i use them?
Elder: too much micromanagement
Gladiator: seems too expensive and has nothing special
Harpy: quite ok
Huntress: i see no reason against an ai but to have fun
Impaler: my favorite ranged ground unit (they are fast at the frontline)
Magi: quite ok
Marauder: i prefer impalers
Maulers: i prefer shield-bearers
Mystic: too much micromanagement
Outrunner: no right to exist
Overlord: good as buffer but keep him back
Red Dragon: nothing special
Big Red Dragon: op
Sapper: i did not used or tested them
Shieldbearer: best ground unit
Shredder: i prefer workers without food costs
Spiritcaller: not useful in my opinion
Golem: they exist
Tracker: ok if you have no other ranged units
War Zeppelin: in some missions they are awesome but dragons replace them
Windwitch: usually you have better units

Assassin: gnolls are useless
Batrider: ok to fill a flyer troop
Brawler: no right to exist
Grunt: no right to exist
Heahunter: in my ranking after the impaler
Necrolyte: in the first levels awesome (skeletons and counters paladins), later not
Raider: they exist
Shaman: good but pay attention to artillery
Demolisher: is focused too hard
Warden: maybe ok for the buff
Warlock: too much micro management and there are better casters
Warlord: ok to fill your army
Warmech: not affected by healing wards and focused early
Witch Doctor: best sorcerer (place one or two wards and move them back)
Kodo Beast: i missed them in later levels because of their aura

The problem with sorcerers is that they are focused by siege units when they see them. And then the siege units only focus on killing your sorcerers by ignoring EVERYTHING else witch makes many of them quite useless. You have to make them buff your units and then retreat at all costs. This is also the reason why i really like the witch doctors and often had no shamans or wardens.
The problem with towers: they are often focused but they grant you also a good support. I always tried to have some towers. They are quite usefull (or necessary) in e.g. "A dish servers cold" or the moghtar level