• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 9
I'm with Boriss regarding the orcs lol
I haven't seen a single goblin in all the books though..
So how are you going to integrate them.to the story?

Level 10
With tact and grace.

On a serious note, I am of course aware of this turning the race into a freakshow on
the first glance (probably second and third as well), but give it time and see. ;)
You might be pleasantly surprised.

OH, now I know why goblins joined. They are gonna present the orcs as travelling circus! And they´re gonna collect entry fee as a substitute to plunder. Why plunder and burn when you can collect entry fee, right? :D

Level 3
Ladies and gentlemen, ghouls and geists, demons and terrors welcome to another edition of Arkain News Network. Today we have a special announcement! A PARTIAL explanation of the new Orc roster, as many of our dear listeners know the Orc species was dealt an almost overwhelming blow to their numbers at the end of every book including the Orc book. So, our dear Greenskin Mariners lately have had to look for new ways to stay a major player in the world of Arkain. That means new alliances and of course dear listener that means our new roster!

Orcs, Of course the green terrors make their return but with new units that show an adaption for the war of survival they find themselves in.

Dark Trolls, with the scattering of the Forest Troll tribes a new type of troll takes its steps onto the pages of history.

Gnolls, the dog men of the forest have come to the frontline to clash with the best of the best.

Goblins, technological monstrosities abound with the short greenskins, be wary.

Golems.... Well Golems

Centaurs, joining the greenskins we have the race of living cavalry, all shall fear the sound of the Khans' best.

Bearmen, be wary they will tear you apart.

Harpies, fear the skies for the winged annoyance has become a terror of the battlefield.

Dragons, dragons.
And perhaps one more of your own choice.
Are each of these races going to get their own leaders/characters?
If i had to add another race that aren't on the list, and maybe "re-name" them, it would have to be giants (ogres), minotaurs (taurens), murlocs, sofelons (draenei (the lost ones we see in the WC3 campaing)), satyrs and draketaurs (dragonspawns/dragons).

I know we can't have all of them, but these are just some i think would be fun to have in the mix :)

Level 29
Are each of these races going to get their own leaders/characters?
If i had to add another race that aren't on the list, and maybe "re-name" them, it would have to be giants (ogres), minotaurs (taurens), murlocs, sofelons (draenei (the lost ones we see in the WC3 campaing)), satyrs and draketaurs (dragonspawns/dragons).

I know we can't have all of them, but these are just some i think would be fun to have in the mix :)

I don't think there are tauren, satyrs, draenei or dragonspawn in the Arkain universe.

Last edited:
Level 29
Progress report:
Work on the Interlude is going VERY well, I expect it to be released either today or tomorrow.
It will include some pretty interesting information for all of you.
Among other things, you will learn what Gardon was doing near the Derryn outpost back then.
Remember that?

Oh interesting. So he wasn't like inspectioning the various outposts because of possible demon attacks, as he was suspicious that they could be using the underground networks to attack?

Level 3
I don't think there are tauren, satyrs, draenei or dragonspawn in the Arkain universe.
That was why i said "RE-name" so they might be able to fit into the story better, hence why i called the draenei for sofelons and dragonspawns for draketaurs, taurens for minotaurs and so on, you know change the name a little bit, so it MIGHT be able to fit in the arkain world :)

Level 29
That was why i said "RE-name" so they might be able to fit into the story better, hence why i called the draenei for sofelons and dragonspawns for draketaurs, taurens for minotaurs and so on, you know change the name a little bit, so it MIGHT be able to fit in the arkain world :)

What I meant is that there is highly unprobable that there are creatures similar to them in Arkain. For now, none has showed up.

Last edited:
Level 3
What I meant is that there is highly unprobable that there are creatures similar to them in Arkain. For now, none has showed up.
neither had goblins, centaurs or harpies and they're stated to make an appearence, so why not the others? besides it was only a suggestion after all, nothing serious :)

Level 10
Progress report:
Work on the Interlude is going VERY well, I expect it to be released either today or tomorrow.
It will include some pretty interesting information for all of you.
Among other things, you will learn what Gardon was doing near the Derryn outpost back then.
Remember that?

So, the love is coming sooner than expected. Will the interlude reflect some or our choices made throughout the human books?

Level 10
Im sure we will be asking ourselves what is love after chapter 9 and completely forget about this interlude:D

Interlude about love was moved in between 8th and 9th chapter. So there is still hope for us :D

Edit for Shar: I only hate the orcs because they are such hyppocrites. They murder human women and children without second thought yet killing their women and children by humans is unforgivable crime. Other than that I understand Rangul´s crusade for united orc "nation". But their speech of honour is.... just a hyppocrite that one.

Level 22
Interlude about love was moved in between 8th and 9th chapter. So there is still hope for us :D
What are you talking about?I mean yeah we may feel friendship,good will,happiness,kindness,liking,pleasure,sympathy,admiration,approval,blessing,delight,fondness,honour,like,praise,regard and respect,but i don't think we will see any love in it:p

Level 10
What are you talking about?I mean yeah we may feel friendship,good will,happiness,kindness,liking,pleasure,sympathy,admiration,approval,blessiing,delight,fondness,honour,like,praise,regard and respect,but i don't think we will see any love in it:p

Salana x Larine will yet prevail! Long ears and red hair cannot be stopped! :D

Level 10
Chapter Nine will make you forget all love from this Interlude and replace it with hate, loath, contempt...

Speaking of the love, no elves in this interlude!
:p

Awww. Poor girls. So many wish ill for their love :-(

Blake: read the 2nd question time, its answered there.

Level 29

Edit for Shar: I only hate the orcs because they are such hyppocrites. They murder human women and children without second thought yet killing their women and children by humans is unforgivable crime. Other than that I understand Rangul´s crusade for united orc "nation". But their speech of honour is.... just a hyppocrite that one.

That is more like Moral Myopia: they kill others and it is alright, others do the same to them and they see it as wrong. However I agree with you. That is the main reason I hate the orcs too. The humans have their flaws too, but they don't destroy orc towns just for fun. That is my opinion.

Level 10
That is more like Moral Myopia: they kill others and it is alright, others do the same to them and they see it as wrong. However I agree with you. That is the main reason I hate the orcs too. The humans have their flaws too, but they don't destroy orc towns just for fun. That is my opinion.

Yeah, like Gardon. Sacrificing entire village for his blood shield :D :D Orc book, siege of Kome, Zairmak mentions it.

Level 22
Speaking of the love, no elves in this interlude!
The gate that unleashes the 1 million demons upon you in chapter 6 of the first human book have mercy on you Shar!Your betrayal has broken Boriss's hearth,he has supported your campaign and this is how you repay his loyalty?:p
The humans have their flaws too, but they don't destroy orc towns just for fun.
They destroy them,because they think they are too dangerous to be left alive,that is the reason Blen nearly annihilated the darkmind clan in the first book.At least that's my opinion.

Level 29
Yeah, like Gardon. Sacrificing entire village for his blood shield :D :D Orc book, siege of Kome, Zairmak mentions it.

Gardon is not the regular human. He believes that the end always justifies the means, even if the means are amoral or even immoral. However he did such things with a purpose in mind. Gardon is at his worst amoral, but he doesn't enjoy violence and is no sadist. The orcs pillage and burn villages like it is a sport.

They destroy them,because they think they are too dangerous to be left alive,that is the reason Blen nearly annihilated the darkmind clan in the first book.At least that's my opinion.

That kind of logic makes sense, in a dark way. Had they left most of the Darkmind live, they would regain their power in a matter of years and restart pillaging and killing.
I am not saying I support Blen's decision, but as a military leader it makes sense.

Level 3
What is going to happen with Woodhunter? Gardon's generals did suggest a marrige so he could be lord over the elves in case Woodhunter died. But if it's not Woodhunter who's going to get married, then who is it?

Level 29
What is going to happen with Woodhunter? Gardon's generals did suggest a marrige so he could be lord over the elves in case Woodhunter died. But if it's not Woodhunter who's going to get married, then who is it?

Gardon has her under control, so there is no need for a marriage. I suppose Gardon will marry with a princess or queen of the kingdoms to have the kingdoms on his side

Level 10

Gardon is gonna marry an unknown girl. We know its not Salana, its not Larine, its not daughter of king of Kerrel. Its probably also not Aedale, but it might be one of her sisters. Marrying into that family would gain him terrible influence within the imperial circles.

Level 22
Gardon is gonna marry an unknown girl. We know its not Salana, its not Larine, its not daughter of king of Kerrel. Its probably also not Aedale, but it might be one of her sisters. Marrying into that family would gain him terrible influence within the imperial circles.
Let's just say that it won't be any of her sisters too.Duke Volarian won't allow a ''outcast'' of the empire to marry into his family.He is going to lose all privileges from the empire,be called a traitor and regret it forever.Imagine if Sir Edoarus has a family member that is a princess or a high ranking political kingdom member and Gardon marries her.Man would that be awkward.:D

Level 10
Let's just say that it won't be any of her sisters too.Duke Volarian won't allow a ''outcast'' of the empire to marry into his family.He is going to lose all privileges from the empire,be called a traitor and regret it forever.Imagine if Sir Edoarus has a family member that is a princess or a high ranking political kingdom member and Gardon marries her.Man would that be awkward.:D

We shall see tomorrow. That interlude has us conspiring like its UFO on the sky. Damn that Shar, so manipulative :D
Marrying into Edo.Exe´s family. Now that would be... well I think they would like each other :D

Level 22
We shall see tomorrow. That interlude has us conspiring like its UFO on the sky. Damn that Shar, so manipulative :D
Yeah i have a old theory about how manipulative he is.It's so stupid and makes no sense,but it is sort of funny too:D
Behind the truth always lies manipulation.Shar is like some puppet master.Pulling the strings,just waiting to prove that we were wrong.This straw poll is all part of his plan.A plan that involves studying us to know how we think,how we act.A plan that has spanned for decades or even centuries.What if he lies about his age?What if he isn't 22,but 222 years old?What if this entire series is a creation that was made to make us to like war more?War leads to violence and doom.It is bad and what if he wants to make us love it so we play even more legends of Arkain?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Awww. Poor girls. So many wish ill for their love :-(
You mean you weren't the only one? :p

The gate that unleashes the 1 million demons upon you in chapter 6 of the first human book have mercy on you Shar!Your betrayal has broken Boriss's hearth,he has supported your campaign and this is how you repay his loyalty?:p
I am one hell of a cruel genius, you know.

The Interlude will answer many of your questions... In time... :>

Level 10
You mean you weren't the only one? :p

I am one hell of a cruel genius, you know.

The Interlude will answer many of your questions... In time... :>

On the contrary, I seem to be the only one who wishes for their love to bloom :D :D :D
I am soooo eager to see that interlude. Shaking like mixer here :D

Level 22
On the contrary, I seem to be the only one who wishes for their love to bloom :D :D :D
I am soooo eager to see that interlude. Shaking like mixer here :D
Don't worry im sure that this interlude will be a complete blender with a good mixing.
Horrible pun level over 9000!I did it and now i falafel!:D

Last edited:

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
@ Breaking News @

This dear reporter failed to mention one of the races joining our erstwhile Mariners, that is right there is one more and it is one many of you are familiar with!

Ogres, the terrifying half giants pushed further and further into the forgotten places of the world have come to crush all opposition.

Level 10
@ Breaking News @

This dear reporter failed to mention one of the races joining our erstwhile Mariners, that is right there is one more and it is one many of you are familiar with!

Ogres, the terrifying half giants pushed further and further into the forgotten places of the world have come to crush all opposition.

Too much flirting with that elf reporter girl that never emerged from arkain industries. Oh Kasrkin, you naughty boy.

Level 22
Too much flirting with that elf reporter girl that never emerged from arkain industries. Oh Kasrkin, you naughty boy.
They say that after this Shar shouted directly in his face for 8 hours and since we know we can hear him shout from 1000 doors and get heard that must have been painful for Kasrkin to indure.:D
Anyway i expected something a bit more interesting,but eh,this will do.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Version 0.51 released!

General:
- Several changes to the Pride of Humanity unit, similar to the changes that had been made for Destructors
- QWER for all abilities, units, buildings and upgrades

Interlude Three:
- Released

Edit: There is currently an issue with the QWER for buildings because keyboards are assholes.
Will fix that with the next update.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Version 0.51 released!

General:
- Several changes to the Pride of Humanity unit, similar to the changes that had been made for Destructors

Interlude Three:
- Released

Edit: There is currently an issue with the QWER for buildings because keyboards are assholes.
Damn, I've struggled enough with QWER for heroes now units too. I already feel the hate rising in my guts even without chapter nine. But do we really need to have QWER building hotkeys? I for one dont see any need for that.

Level 29
Version 0.51 released!

General:

Interlude Three:
- Released

The plot thickens! Shar, you really know how to create plot twists and big reveals! Well done! Bravo! CLAP CLAP!
Were you planning this reveal when you started the first book or did you make it recently?
So Gardon now has two kingdoms, the elves, Brian, Vail and Black Dragons on his side? This is getting interesting, let me rephrase that, this was interesting from the beginning but it is getting more interesting!!
Is Thanok the dragon ambassador?

Level 22
Well this was interesting.Man people will hate Gardon for what he will do,i wrote in a reply a while back and it was just a joke,that the Zyainor will be like Gardon's future kingdom and now ironically it is!And i wonder why didn't anyone ask even 1 question about Brian?Weren't they suspicious of him?
Anyway looking forward to the hate!

Level 11
Ok, so big thanks to @Shar Dundred, @Siler, and @Colonel Aster for helping me regain my privileges to post in the thread again,

anyway not to go off topic again: I just saw the interlude it blew me away,

some very interesting developments have occurred and now I'm just thinking where exactly is the story going, this was nothing like I expected book 2 to be, I thought it was gonna be about this huge civil war and basically something completely different, this story just keep changing directions, and now dragons are introduced, and Gardon is to be married to Vale and I never expected this, I wonder how the wedding will be

Keep up the great work Shar!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
The plot thickens! Shar, you really know how to create plot twists and big reveals! Well done! Bravo! CLAP CLAP!
Were you planning this reveal when you started the first book or did you make it recently?
So Gardon now has two kingdoms, the elves, Brian, Vail and Black Dragons on his side? This is getting interesting, let me rephrase that, this was interesting from the beginning but it is getting more interesting!!
Is Thanok the dragon ambassador?
Glad you liked it!
Not since the First Books initial launch, but before the First Human Book was finished.
And yes, it is Thanok.

@Blake8:
I consider making a wedding scene.

Level 22
@Shar Dundred
If you really make a wedding scene insert yourself into it and together with Gardon and Vail shout at the priest to get it over with faster.You know he will eat ice cream afterwards,and then cry and then to make him feel even miserable you will give his Sasrogarn's role and then to ease his pain a little bit you can make Krom kill him,i mean this is perfect character development for him:D

Last edited:
Level 10
Sweet mother of all revelations. So, Aedale entered the same cave Gardon did? If so, then why? OH poor Aedale, what will happen to you in that cave? What evil do you seek to awaken to destroy your loving dad?

Level 12
while I was never a huge fan of this project, but at this point even Im a bit anxious to play the upcomming chapter

Last edited by a moderator: