• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

There goes another spoiler for Chapter Nine.
According to rumors, groups of Black Dragons have been seen.

They want vengeance for that black dragon Blen killed in the first chapter of the first book. It took them a while, buy they're coming for us!

Level 29
Will Searinox finally make an appearance?:D
Now seriously why do i think part of the black dragons will be with Gardon and another part will side with the orcs,i just feel it.

They want vengeance for that black dragon Blen killed in the first chapter of the first book. It took them a while, buy they're coming for us!

If Shar decides to take that quest in the first mission in the first book and make it plot-relevant, that would be so cool! An apparent meaningless quest to kill a simple dragon leads to a quest for vengeance!

Level 22
If Shar decides to take that quest in the first mission in the first book and make it plot-relevant, that would be so cool! An apparent meaningless quest to kill a simple dragon leads to a quest for vengeance!
What if that black dragon was connected to the same black dragons that helped the Zyainor empire.Maybe part of those dragons split from them and had gone into hiding.They saw great power in the orcs and now they want to be their allies and get revenge on the humans for hunting them.

Level 29
What if that black dragon was connected to the same black dragons that helped the Zyainor empire.Maybe part of those dragons split from them and had gone into hiding.They saw great power in the orcs and now they want to be their allies and get revenge on the humans for hunting them.

Great power? In the orcs? The same orcs that nearly lost half of their forces and are so "powerful" that they haven't even been an actual threat in this book? That is both cute and hilarious!:D
If these dragons join the orcs it will be just because they have a common enemy.

Last edited:
Level 22
Great power? In the orcs? The same orcs that nearly lost half of their forces and are so "powerful" that they haven't even been an actual threat in this book? That is both cute and hilarious!:D
If these dragons join the orcs it will be just because they have a common enemy.
Don't worry man Shar will make them drink from a fountain of blood and then they will have super enraged chaos damage troops and actually begin to be a problem.
Don't you dare underestimate a demon blood infused orc.:D
Now seriously yes their brain is like a first grade student trying to do a math test for a 12th grade student,but hey since they got so many allies that proves they can sort of co-exist with other races,making them not as dumb as we thought.Now we can't call them pure orcs anymore and making such a federation of races is indeed something that may end very badly,but hey look on the bright side,if they really fail once again,at least we will have something fun to destroy after we have dealt with the demons.

Last edited:
Level 29
Don't worry man Shar will make them drink from a fountain of blood and then they will have super enraged chaos damage troops and actually begin to be a problem.
Don't you dare underestimate a demon blood infused orc.:D

Shar previously said that orcs are resistant or even invulnerable to demonic influence, so chances of them doing that are very few.

By the way Shar, what are the Moghtar? I forgot to ask that in the Question Time.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Shar previously said that orcs are resistant or even invulnerable to demonic influence, so chances of them doing that are very few.

By the way Shar, what are the Moghtar? I forgot to ask that in the Question Time.
What @Championfighter25 said.
I will release a backstory for them in the Short Stories thread at some point.

Btw, I am also working on a Gardon short story currently.

Last edited:
Level 10
Oh, the almighty Shar, lord of Arkain, any new spoiler for the chapter? :D
Hope you dont work your skin off on it. Would hate to see you hate your own work cause you felt rushed!

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Oh, the almighty Shar, lord of Arkain, any new spoiler for the chapter? :D
Hope you dont work your skin off on it. Would hate to see you hate your own work cause you felt rushed!
Be careful, Shar is fond of leaving...:p

Level 9
Spoiler alert.

Attachments

• 42a57a3684325b55.jpg
    42a57a3684325b55.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 51

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Both, actually.

The hatred is not limited to the gameplay... Hey, was that a spoiler?! :p

In fact, I intend to break the fourth wall - make YOU, the player, hate YOURSELF.
And probably me at the same time.
Well you dont have to try hard to make me hate myself:p

Level 29
Both, actually.

The hatred is not limited to the gameplay... Hey, was that a spoiler?! :p

In fact, I intend to break the fourth wall - make YOU, the player, hate YOURSELF.
And probably me at the same time.

Good luck with that. My ego and narcissism are unbreakable!:D

But how are you going to do that? Making us kill characters we like or make us fight against the side we support?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
My ego and narcissism are unbreakable!
Hey, don't you steal my ego and narcissm now.
Theft that is!

But how are you going to do that? Making us kill characters we like or make us fight against the side we support?
By being the evil genius I am. ;)

Level 10

Big revelation! The emperor banged Gardon´s little sister. And hes the prime consort of black dragon big momma, making him Thanok´s dad. Now that would blow up some hate right in the middle of it all :D

Level 22

I think he will do something like do you hate van Durce, the orcs or Genethas more?Well you can only defeat 1 side completely so chose yourself, you can't defeat all 3 at the same time.Im sure it's going to be something like this!

Level 9
I couldn't curb my trolling when I saw Shar's comment :)
Man, can't wait to get home and see the new interlude.
I'd sell.my soul to play the complete campaign too.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I think he will do something like do you hate van Durce, the orcs or Genethas more?Well you can only defeat 1 side completely so chose yourself, you can't defeat all 3 at the same time.Im sure it's going to be something like this!
Well... Whom of them do hate the most? ;)

Man, can't wait to get home and see the new interlude.
I'd sell.my soul to play the complete campaign too.
Careful with that, some Dreadlord might be reading this.

love this campaign, keep up the good work, the storyline is intersting and the heros abilities are well balanced thanks for an AWESOME campaign man.

by the way do you mind giving me an eta on the second undead or orc book ?
Thank you!

No, I cannot.
I can only tell you that I will work on the Second Orc Book when the Second Human Book is done.
No way that I would be able to set a ETA for any of it - same for the Second Undead Book.

Level 22
Well... Whom of them do hate the most? ;)
Van Durce tries to make your life a living hell so that's unforgivable,but at the same time the orcs made me suffer through chapter 9 of the first human book and with that act they are begging me to exterminate them completely, and Genethas, well im sure he will use some kind of new broken demonic units so yeah that will be complete pain to deal with too.Damn im in a hating crisis.What do i do?:p

Level 29
Van Durce tries to make your life a living hell so that's unforgivable,but at the same time the orcs made me suffer through chapter 9 of the first human book and with that act they are begging me to exterminate them completely, and Genethas, well im sure he will use some kind of new broken demonic units so yeah that will be complete pain to deal with too.Damn im in a hating crisis.What do i do?:p

Summon the Arkain equivalent of a nuclear bomb and nuke them all at once!
This reminds me of the choice of either killing the leaders or destroying the fleets on the First Undead Book.

I think Genethas has more reasons to die as he betrayed his own race more than once and is the reason why they lost two kingdoms already. However I hate van Durce the most, since Genethas hasn't been focused enough to make me hate him more.
The orcs...It is not that I want them all to die, but if they were all to die at once, I wouldn't be sad at all, more like apathetic:D

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Chapter Nine Spoiler ahead!
Actually, I see no harm in "giving the Orcs faces" by revealing their identities.
The Orcs in Chapter Nine will be lead by:
Rath Wolfscar, chieftain of the Darkmind Clan, the Orc who slew General Selior Cleavehand - and carries the head around as a trophy after he learned of the friendship between Selior and Blen!
After many of them had been hunted down and killed by the Imperial knights back in the First Human Book,
Rath had decided to reshape his clan's tactics, adapting the strategy used to hunt his people: Massive use of cavalry.
Not caring about the race of the riders at his side as long as they fight the Humans until either
them or the Humans are dead, Rath will send both known and new cavalry units to bring the fight to any
Human he can find - Imperial or not, Rath does not care about the difference.

Sasrogarn, member of the Deathbreeze Clan, who is desperate to prove his power and worth by raiding and pillaging goods for the Orcs - even if it means to endanger his own race
Despite being the son of Rangul, a respected chieftain who united the Orc clans, Sasrogarn is considered
as weak even by his own subordinates.
Disliking most of the new allies of his people and voicing his dislike for them so many times that
Zairmak had threatened to turn him into a frog, Sasrogarn lost much trust from both his clan and even his family.
In order to regain this, he gathered his forces to go on a raid - he convinced Rath into travelling with him
by promising him the death of many Humans.
Sasrogarn, unwilling to allow most non-orcish forces to join him, is using regular Orc units and strategies
with only a few exceptions.

Grofzag, member of the Deathbreeze Clan, Sasrogarn's childhood friend who has accompanied the latter on many missions is still on his friends' side even though he himself has grown tremendously in power lately
Being the son of Ephrog, Rangul's closest advisor and ally, Grofzag grew up together with Sasrogarn with the two
being friends ever since their birth, being even born on the same day.
Unlike his childhood friend, Grofzag has always been a strong and respected member of the Deathbreeze Clan.
Him staying at his friend's side is often considered the only reason why Sasrogarn is even still alive, for
he saved Sasrogarn's life in battle several times, providing the strength and brains his friend lacked.
After the death of General Cleavehand and the Orcs' retreat, something has been awakened in him, giving him much
more power than he used to have - and him using it for the good of his people.
Grofzag will not be in charge of his own faction, instead he stands at the side of his friend Sasrogarn.
Since HE is the one doing the strategies, not Sasrogarn, he will send the Orcs into battle to fight
fiercly- even though he disagrees with the entire operation.

Level 29
Chapter Nine Spoiler ahead!
Actually, I see no harm in "giving the Orcs faces" by revealing their identities.
The Orcs in Chapter Nine will be lead by:
Rath Wolfscar, chieftain of the Darkmind Clan, the Orc who slew General Selior Cleavehand - and carries the head around as a trophy after he learned of the friendship between Selior and Blen!
After many of them had been hunted down and killed by the Imperial knights back in the First Human Book,
Rath had decided to reshape his clan's tactics, adapting the strategy used to hunt his people: Massive use of cavalry.
Not caring about the race of the riders at his side as long as they fight the Humans until either
them or the Humans are dead, Rath will send both known and new cavalry units to bring the fight to any
Human he can find - Imperial or not, Rath does not care about the difference.

Sasrogarn, member of the Deathbreeze Clan, who is desperate to prove his power and worth by raiding and pillaging goods for the Orcs - even if it means to endanger his own race
Despite being the son of Rangul, a respected chieftain who united the Orc clans, Sasrogarn is considered
as weak even by his own subordinates.
Disliking most of the new allies of his people and voicing his dislike for them so many times that
Zairmak had threatened to turn him into a frog, Sasrogarn lost much trust from both his clan and even his family.
In order to regain this, he gathered his forces to go on a raid - he convinced Rath into travelling with him
by promising him the death of many Humans.
Sasrogarn, unwilling to allow most non-orcish forces to join him, is using regular Orc units and strategies
with only a few exceptions.

Grofzag, member of the Deathbreeze Clan, Sasrogarn's childhood friend who has accompanied the latter on many missions is still on his friends' side even though he himself has grown tremendously in power lately
Being the son of Ephrog, Rangul's closest advisor and ally, Grofzag grew up together with Sasrogarn with the two
being friends ever since their birth, being even born on the same day.
Unlike his childhood friend, Grofzag has always been a strong and respected member of the Deathbreeze Clan.
Him staying at his friend's side is often considered the only reason why Sasrogarn is even still alive, for
he saved Sasrogarn's life in battle several times, providing the strength and brains his friend lacked.
After the death of General Cleavehand and the Orcs' retreat, something has been awakened in him, giving him much
more power than he used to have - and him using it for the good of his people.
Grofzag will not be in charge of his own faction, instead he stands at the side of his friend Sasrogarn.
Since HE is the one doing the strategies, not Sasrogarn, he will send the Orcs into battle to fight
fiercly- even though he disagrees with the entire operation.

If Sasrogarn survives but Grofzag dies I riot!!:D

Level 22
If Sasrogarn survives but Grofzag dies I riot!!:D
Don't!Sasrogarn is already the weakest character, a peon, yes a peon was offered his role in the behind the scenes of Arkain cinematic, Shar needs to make him look stronger before he gets even more worthless than he already is.Also it's kind of ironic, the humans that they hate the most(aka the knights of KOME) use cavalry so we need to copy them.Oh the symbolism!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Also it's kind of ironic, the humans that they hate the most(aka knights of KOME) use cavalry so we need to copy them.
How to beat enemy cavalry - send your own, wild one and meet them heads on!
One can think about Rath what one wants, but he ain't stupid.
Hateful, yes, but not stupid.

Level 29
How to beat enemy cavalry - send your own, wild one and meet them heads on!
One can think about Rath what one wants, but he ain't stupid.
Hateful, yes, but not stupid.

I would instead focus on creating squadrons of soldiers wielding spears, pikes or halberdiers. The orcs could even form the square formation that was used many times to beat cavalry!

Level 22
Ever seen an Orc wield a weapon like that in WarCraft 3 without throwing it?
Terrible lack of models there.
Also, Rath is a rider himself, so cav units fit him perfectly since he joins his forces in the first line.
Since you made the darkmind clan use cavalry is this the first step in making each orc clan having something unique ?Also i wonder how does Rath feel since he didn't get to kill Greymoore himself?

Level 29
Since you made the darkmind clan use cavalry is this the first step in making each orc clan having something unique?Also i wonder how does Rath feel since he didn't get to kill Greymoore himself?

I bet it was something like this:
"NO!!! How dare you Greymore?! I wanted to see you again...and cut your limbs one by one...and put your head on a pike...Why does bad things only happen to me?!:(

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Rath is one angry Orc. Nuff said. :-]

[...]...and put your head on a pike...[...]
That is Gardon's/Thanok's thing.

I have just seen.the new.interlude and.read the spoiler
I am filled with hatred now.more than.ever!
Good, Morris, good. Let the hate flow through you!

Level 29
I feel like Rath will kill him in the orc book, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Maybe.
But we must remember that the orcs must first
1.Flee from the demons
2.Regroup and appoint new chieftains for the leaderless clans
3.Rebuild their forces by most likely gathering new allies

Therefore, chances of Rath meeting Greymore are unlikely. They might meet on the final missions of the Second Book, though.

Level 9
In the interlude, the dragon said that they crafted Gardon's black armor and also a servant. Is Thanok the servant?

Level 29
I think Thanok is something like the dragon's ambassador, not exactly a normal servant.

Most likely dragons, like the ones in Azeroth, can shapeshift and have their own humanoid forms.

I am curious, though. While Thanok is the dragon ambassador, I think he only appears for the first time in the third chapter of the Second Book. Before the interlude, I thought he was the Greywolf that was leading the outpost that Gardon takes control on the first chapter.

Last edited:
Level 22
Most likely dragons, like the ones in Azeroth, can shapeshift and have their own humanoid forms.

I am curious, though. While Thanok is the dragon ambassador, I think he only appears for the first time in the third chapter of the Second Book. Before the interlude, I thought he was the Greywolf that was leading the outpost that Gardon takes control on the first chapter.
If Thanok was the Greywolf he would hate everyone for making him wear that suit.Also he would have killed Lerrig before he opened his mouth.You are right he does appear for the first time in chapter 3 of the second book.In chapter 4 of the first book there was a guy named Tremkon, i wonder if him and Thanok have some kind of relation?