• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 10
1) The name of that Murloc faction stays. I chose it on purpose. :p
2) The grin is not spiteful, it is full of joy, I like reading speculations, no matter how right or wrong they are.
I admit, the grin is wider when they are wrong. ;)
3) I have no spoilers for Chapter Nine that I want to reveal at this point. :p

No weedsmoker tribe? Rastaweed tribe? :D

Level 22
Considered Cluffhunter for a while, but since that's already the name of Amari's clan and I didn't
want to change that, so ... Meh.

Now the name is mostly just for amusement.
This gave me a genius idea!You need to make 20+ spin-off campaigns for the cliffhanger tribe,their story will never have a true ending since it always ends in cliffhanger,lots of people will be mad but it will be funny!Just consider it!:D

Level 16
Orcs have new allies: murlocs, and I think trolls. In a "trailer" we saw Rangul (+ two more orcs) talk with trolls chieftains or something like, saying they have new allies.

And they are still dark elves (or something like that) who can attack us in next chapter.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I am going to modify the Prologue before the full release of the campaign.

Since the game (the game, not the campaign) seems to be a bit buggy when it comes to importing
the choices, I am going to add something to tell you whether or not the choices have been imported
successfully.
Yes, you already have something like that with our friend Largoth doing the choices for you,
but this will be different.

If the choices have not been imported successfully, you will be able to choose between a preset
(which will not be revealed to you at this point) and picking your own choices.
At the same time, however, if the import has been successful, I am going to make you choose between
using your old choices and picking new ones as well.

This will allow players to see the different choices affect the campaign without having to play the
First Book again.

The reason why this has not been like that since the first version of the demo is that some things
are not that easy to do (like having Lera survive Chapter Five) but I have now decided that this is
tedious.
I want you guys to see the difference without having to play the entire first campaign again - even
though I would still recommend that over just picking new choices.
That is still the best way to properly understand what happened.

This system is mostly for those who already played through all different choices in the First Books
and want to switch between them without having to play a campaign they already played several
times again.

In addition, this is the last day to send me questions for the Arkain Question Time.

Stay tuned!

Level 22
@Colonel Aster I think this is all you and Blake8 need to know,because he started a off-topic discussion a staff member decided to delete the messages and give him and other members who also joined insufficient privilages to reply,so don't think that Shar did it.
This is something should have asked Shar on his profile page or in a conversation not here.
Anyway Shar something to share on the progress of chapter 9?Something about the orcs maybe?:)

Last edited:
Level 10
Good to hear,waiting for that murloc weedhunter legion!:p

Weedsmoker boyz to the fray! :D
I dont think it will be just murlocs tho. They may not be there if the alliance was wrecked. Trolls on the other hand... and maybe some undead? Wonder what Krom is doing, and Edo.Exe too. Havent seen him since the death of Salomar.

Level 22
I dont think it will be just murlocs tho. They may not be there if the alliance was wrecked. Trolls on the other hand... and maybe some undead?
Van Durce said that Gardon prevented the murlocs and orcs making an aliiance,if only temporarily,so there is a chance they have renewed their alliance.Troll were their allies in the first orc book so there will certainly be some trolls.Undead,as in the nexus undead?I doubt it,but maybe they have made powerful necromancers from other races join them,so that is a possibility too.Maybe humans,since Vanessa may have persuaded Rangul?So many possibilities,only time will tell!

Level 10
Van Durce said that Gardon prevented the murlocs and orcs making an aliiance,if only temporarily,so there is a chance they have renewed their alliance.Troll were their allies in the first orc book so there will certainly be some trolls.Undead,as in the nexus undead?I doubt it,but maybe they have made powerful necromancers from other races join them,so that is a possibility too.Maybe humans,since Vanessa may have persuaded Rangul?So many possibilities,only time will tell!

In human book Vanessa died. At least I think so. She did die in undead book and survived in orc book. So hard to tell. There were many orc corpses incorporated into undead army. With Aridon gone Saphira couldnt have possibly taken control of all the undead. No, likely just part of it. And the rest? Who knows.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I dont think it will be just murlocs tho. They may not be there if the alliance was wrecked. Trolls on the other hand... and maybe some undead? Wonder what Krom is doing, and Edo.Exe too. Havent seen him since the death of Salomar.

If there's one thing I don't like about these choices, it's that Salomar dies either way, no matter what you choose.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

While he doesn't come back you will have a chance to get his hammer in chapter 8.It's a useful artifact item that gives 150 hitpoins and +5 to all stats.

But you get that chancd only if he survives the first book, right?

Level 10
But you get that chancd only if he survives the first book, right?

Dunno. But I think you can get it either way. You get it in the mage order castle. Maybe someone who went for demonic Aedale in the 1st book can tell.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Dunno. But I think you can get it either way. You get it in the mage order castle. Maybe someone who went for demonic Aedale in the 1st book can tell.

Still, it sucks that he dies either way. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a choice.

Level 10
Still, it sucks that he dies either way. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a choice.

Sometimes you have a choice and sometimes that choice is all but a lie. Some choices matter some dont. You can choose your life but you cant choose the way galaxies turn. Both can be seen in the books. I find that very nice. Makes you feel more invested into it, put your heart into the books.
Edit: okay, Shar busted this theory :D

Level 10
I hope this is not part of your evil plan to trick us,because if there are humans that are fighting for the orcs for the reason i stated above i will feel very betrayed!:p

Would be your time to make Illidan meme "it was I who was betrayed"! :D
Back to topic however, I do agree with Shar. Human-orc hatred too deep for that sort of stuff. They would kill each other even if the demon legions were all around them.

Level 22
Would be your time to make Illidan meme "it was I who was betrayed"! :D
Back to topic however, I do agree with Shar. Human-orc hatred too deep for that sort of stuff. They would kill each other even if the demon legions were all around them.
Sometimes the hand of fate must be forced!The humans and orcs must become allies.And unleash the tides of doom upon all those who would appose them.:D
Ok now seriously they may not be allies with the orcs in this book,but i suspect if we chose the co-existence option in chapter 7 of the first orc book we may see them as allies in the second orc book.

Level 10
Sometimes the hand of fate must be forced!The humans and orcs must become allies.And unleash the tides of doom upon all those who would appose them.:D
Ok now seriously they may not be allies with the orcs in this book,but i suspect if we chose the co-existence option in chapter 7 of the first orc book we may see them as allies in the second orc book.

No chance there. Maybe if we chose co-existence in ch7 then it would be that orcs would let women and children live, but thats it. Nothing more. And even this is highly unlikely. Possibly the orcs will just shift priorities to "kill demons now will give you more time to kill humans later".

Level 22
No chance there. Maybe if we chose co-existence in ch7 then it would be that orcs would let women and children live, but thats it. Nothing more. And even this is highly unlikely. Possibly the orcs will just shift priorities to "kill demons now will give you more time to kill humans later".
The co-existence option is the most possible story changing option you will chose in the orc campaign,i doubt Shar would waste it like that.
You may be right,but at least i would like this choice to have more meaning.Only time will tell though.

Level 29
The co-existence option is the most possible story changing option you will chose in the orc campaign,i doubt Shar would waste it like that.
You may be right,but at least i would like this choice to have more meaning.Only time will tell though.

You are right, coexistence would be a very good option but the orcs will most likely only consider it if they are really desperate. The hatred between orcs and humans has been going for centuries most likely and it will be difficult to let it go. The elder members like Rangul and Zairmak will the most difficult, and Rangul has quite a grudge towards imperials too.

Level 22
You are right, coexistence would be a very good option but the orcs will most likely only consider it if they are really desperate. The hatred between orcs and humans has been going for centuries most likely and it will be difficult to let it go. The elder members like Rangul and Zairmak will the most difficult, and Rangul has quite a grudge towards imperials too.
I would really like to know though how did this hatred exactly begin?What are the orcs's exact origins?Did the humans take land that was their?Is that from where this hatred began?Well we will either have to wait for the second orc book or a orc spin-off campaign to find out.

Level 29
I would really like to know though how did this hatred exactly begin?What are the orcs's exact origins?Did the humans take land that was their?Is that from where this hatred began?Well we will either have to wait for the second orc book or a orc spin-off campaign to find out.

I bet it is a story as old as time. The two races find each other for the first time and quickly hated each other: the humans most likely saw orcs as savages and the orcs saw humans as weaklings. It was only a matter of time until they started fighting. The orcs saw human towns as easy targets for their raids and started pillaging them, and the humans began hunting them down like animals.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I bet it is a story as old as time. The two races find each other for the first time and quickly hated each other: the humans most likely saw orcs as savages and the orcs saw humans as weaklings. It was only a matter of time until they started fighting. The orcs saw human towns as easy targets for their raids and started pillaging them, and the humans began hunting them down like animals.
Legends say that the Orcs hail from another continent and then spread all over the kingdoms. But not even the oldest Orcs can tell, if that's the true or the Orcs have been here all the time, just like the other races.
But it is known that the united clans attacking absolutely everything and everyone they met and conquered a large territory. It did work for a while, but not long. The other races, especially the Demons, who were very angry about that insult, brought the fight to them and massacred half of the green skins.
The Orcs had to retreat and lost much of their territory. The only reason, why half of them are still there, is that their enemies fought among each other as well.
The Orc Clans allied with the Trolls, to increase their strengh, but still didn't manage to gather an army, that was comparable to their old numbers. Since they weren't able to begin their another huge conquest, the clans stopped working together and some old rivalries amongst the clans became important again.
=)

Level 22
The part where it says that not even the oldest of orcs can tell if this is true makes their complete backstory uncertain.What if on their continent that they hail from humans lived and the orcs pushed them out,those humans landed on the continent of Arkain,formed the Zyainor empire by enslaving the other humans already living there,orcs later lost their home continent for unknown reasons,decided to land and make the continent of Arkain their new homeland,began attacking everything and then we know the rest of the story.
I know this theory is 100% incorrect,but that's the good thing with uncertainty,you can make what ever you like out of it!=)

Level 22
So basically Shar the orcs have always been a bunch of warmongers and bloodthirsty brutes that enjoy pillaging and killing and despite having been severely punished for such lifestyle many times they never learned.
And he says they have changed....the irony!:p
The thing that saddens me the most is that no matter how much they have changed we will defeat them,of course if Shar doesn't give them divine armour on their buildings,heroes,units and chaos damage,then is guess we will be screwed ourselves!:D

Last edited:
Level 22
Their brains are too short to have enough space to accept changes. Basically Vanessa is talking to a whole race of walls:D

Only time and Shar will tell if they eventually learn from their mistakes before it is too late.
Why do i have some kind of feeling that Shar will pull off that they were once a peaceful race and then they became warmongers?I just know it!
Vanessa will have as much of a chance to persuade them as let's say Thrall has a chance of making Grom Hellscream stop hating humans!Yep,sort of impossible if you think about it!:D

Level 29
Why do i have some kind of feeling that Shar will pull off that they were once a peaceful race and then they became warmongers?I just know it!
Vanessa will have as much of a chance to persuade them as let's say Thrall has a chance of making Grom Hellscream stop hating humans!Yep,sort of impossible if you think about it!:D

Thrall was a orc raised by humans, but escaped and proved himself worthy of joining his race.

Vanessa is a human raised by orcs, and the only reason she was not mistreated was because of Rangul. And trying to convince Rangul's son made her be seen as untrustworthy, or even more untrustworthy. I think she has more chances of convicing the humans than convicing the orcs.

Level 22
The Orcs had to find new allies - strong allies, trustworthy allies.
There are also some changes at the leadership.
And then there is Vanessa...
Although you won't spoil it,do these allies include:
1.Ogres
2.Even more trolls
3.Murlocs
4.Those female orcs(aka the cliffhunter clan i think they were called)
5.Gnolls
6.A few strong necromancers that were formerly part of Aridon's forces
7.Golems(i'd love to hear another golem rant from those footmen):D
and others
It was never stated that Vanessa would be dead in the Human Book - in fact,
she has never even been mentioned anywhere in any Human Book so far. ;)
Didn't Gardon sort of change her as a person to realise the humans should be spared?And did he give her an amulet,because i remember something like that?Im talking about the orc book.

Last edited:
Level 10
@Jaina23: That would be rather amusing, but no.

Btw @Boriss: It was never stated that Vanessa would be dead in the Human Book - in fact,
she has never even been mentioned anywhere in any Human Book so far. ;)

Yeah youre right. Checked human book. Sooo... shes live in human book then? Will she appear? Any big revelation in chapter 9?

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Vanessa is that girl adopted by Rangul, right? I guess it makes sense she's not mentioned in the human book. Everyone was probably assumed dead after Rangul's raid, and she only faced human adversaries when she found the knights of kome, if I'm not mistaken. It's been a while since I've played Orc and Undead book.

Level 22
Vanessa is that girl adopted by Rangul, right? I guess it makes sense she's not mentioned in the human book. Everyone was probably assumed dead after Rangul's raid, and she only faced human adversaries when she found the knights of kome, if I'm not mistaken. It's been a while since I've played Orc and Undead book.
Yep,the exact same.In the undead book she dies,because they couldn't save her in time during the siege of the castle of KOME mission,just a little reminder if you forgot about that too.:)

Last edited:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Yep,the exact same.In the undead book she dies,because they couldn't save her in time during the siege of the castle of KOME mission,just a little reminder if you forgot about that too.:)

You should add the spoiler tag when discussing this. So her death is not canon, as least in Orc Books, right?