• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 20
Cancelled??!!! Why?!

You'll find the reasons why if you read a bit further but sinc i am a good guy i'll tell you here.Shar(Project creator) got promoted on his real life job so that means he has to work double hard now>less time for the project so instand of dragging this project for ageis he decided to shut it down PERMANENTLY

Level 7
It´s a pity this project was shut down. If "he decided to shut it down PERMANENTLY" I wish we could get to read the ending of the story. I really love the plot in these campaigns and I hope we get to know how the Arkain series ends. I am not asking for a 50-100 pages to read but at least that Shar Dundred shared with us what he had planned overall for the second book, third book and the end of the saga.

I really wish to know how the events turn out for each race. Anyways, I thank Shar for his campaign and I wish him the best.

Level 20
It´s a pity this project was shut down. If "he decided to shut it down PERMANENTLY" I wish we could get to read the ending of the story. I really love the plot in these campaigns and I hope we get to know how the Arkain series ends. I am not asking for a 50-100 pages to read but at least that Shar Dundred shared with us what he had planned overall for the second book, third book and the end of the saga.

I really wish to know how the events turn out for each race. Anyways, I thank Shar for his campaign and I wish him the best.

He posted it.Human and elfs fall back to the other continent.Undeads get back at their nice mountain.Orcs and the other beast races rule the continent that was previously ruled by Humans.

Demons get pushed back to the void.That's all to it.According to Shar this was the best ending so he could cont. his work on another project that would be the sequel of LoA.To bad he decided to stop it.Well life is not fair i guess.

Level 11
...I can imagine if book 2 of arkain was just released in stores...and there was a line of people trying to get it...I would roll by and yell " Gardon Kills Lerrig! "
lol
so much fun...

Last edited:
Level 8
Hello.
Well i don't know why you are still interested in this but anyway,your business .
Here we go :
First Human Book:
-1 chapter,RP:Blen Greymoore,Harmoos Guardian of the flame .
-2chapter,:Blen and Harmoos.
-3chapter:Blen,Harmoos Sir Lerrig ,Lord Genetas and Aedale,from Darkmind clan:Grael the Hunter.
-4 chapter:Salana Woodhunter,Derryn and General Gardon Bloodclaw.
-5chapter:Salana ,The Royal Guard:Lord Arganus Teran,Lady Ryana,Highpriest Durin ang General Gardon From Booddynker Legion:Larantos and Lera the huntress
-6chapter:Aedaleand Salomar the Healer ,from Splecir nexus:Rahandir Drakeskull.
-7 chapter:Admiral Merlon Seabright,Aedale and Salomar ,the orcs have custom names.
-8achapter:Blen,Harmoos and Gardon,Soulleather Legion:Lord Margazar
-8b:Blen,Harmoos,lord Genethas from Order of the Bleeding:Aaron the sacrificing.
-9:Zarin Hamerfall,Salana Woodhunter ,The Bloodhand clan:Loringar
Ironthunder clan:Kregar Blackeye, Goldaxe clan:Torg Harpyblood,Darkmind clan:Rath Wolfscar and Deathbreeze clan:Sasrogarn.
-!0:Blen,Aedale,Salopmar Goldaxe clan:Dogran. Largoth skinned in Blen
-11Aedale and Lisara(sucubus).
-12b :Blen,Zarin,Aedale,Harmoos ,Veterans of voidwar:Lord genethas,the Royal Fist :Sir Lerrig ,the other side:Ironfist:Gardon,Salana,Seabright elite: Merlon,Knights of Kome:Theoden of Kome.
-12a:Salomar joyned gardon's forces with Blen,Harmoos Theoden and Aedale.
this is from the first Human Book and i think this are all players most important.
The First Orc book.
-1chapter:Rangul from The Deathbreeze clan.
-2:Rangul,the Hammerfall dwarves:Mordin Hammerfall,Elven Army:Saphira Whisperwind.
-3:Rangul,Rath Wolfscar from Darkmind clan.
-4:Rangul,Rath.
-5:Rangul,Darkmind clan:Rath. Ravaging fire clan:Zairmak.Goldaxe clan:Dogran.Skullblade clan:Gorthog the Blooddrinker,Bloodhand clan:The Destroyer and from Bonebreaker clan :Torra the Burning.
-6:Sasrogarn and Merlon Seabright from Merlon's army.
-7:Sasrogarn.darkmind clan:Rath Wolfscar.knights of Kome:Theoden of Kome.and Vanessa but she was on the ending chapter(rescue).
-8:Vanessa,Rangul,Zairmak.Gothog and Dogran and from Splecir Nexus:Rahandir Drakeskull.
-9:Rath,Vanessa and Rangul from Darkmind clan.Deathbreeze clan:Sasrogarn,Ravaging fire cla:Zairmak.Imperial :Sir Lerrig.Imperial Elite guard:Lord Ussea,Gen.Bras and Selior Cleavehand.
The First Undead Book:
-1:Aridon the Watcher and Kromm the Immortal
-2:Largoth.
-3:Rahandir Drakeskull,Saphira Whisperwind,krom the Immortal.Imperial Elite:Lord Commander Restras.
-4:Lord Veringar,The Fleashtearer and Saphira from splecir nexus.
-5:Lord Veringar and Saphira Whisperwind.
-6:Lord Veringar,Largoth Merlon Seabright's elite:Merlon Seabright.Deathbreeze clan:Sasrogarn.
-7:Aridon,Rahandir,The Fleashtearer and Saphira. Forgotten Ones :Heinvers.
-8:Kromm .Imperials:sir Ross,Ironfist:Lord Nekragius the Banned.Hammerfall Dwarves:Koridun the Overseer and Bor Stonebreaker from Stonebreaker clan.
-9:The Fleashtearer,Rahandir Saphira and Krom from Splecir Nexus.Rohir Nexus:Aridon the Watcher and Vanessa.The Blooddrinker Legion:Ornasion the Destroyer. Ravaging fire clan:Zairmak.Imperial Border guard:Salomar the Healer.
The Second Human Book:
-1 chapter:general Gardon ,Merlon Seabright and from Royal Defenders:Sir Lerrig.
-2chapter:Gardon,Merlon.The Darkblade legion;Dorganash.
-3:Cora Redfist General Gardon Bloodclaw.Kajon Marauders:Lady Trewal of Keyhelm Lord Retka's army :General Serklos.
I hope is decipherable.

Last edited:
Level 20
I got most of the list ready.
Its a long ass list tho so get ready.

Humans
-Veteran of the voidwar
-Imperial army
-Unknown Soldiers
-Iron Fist
-Royal Guard (elfs)
-Elven army
-Knights,Defenders,Fist,Guardians of the kome
-Seabright Elite or Merlon's army
-Kasrkin
-The royal fist
-Salesbury
-Hammerfall Dwarfs
-Imperial rearguard
-Imperial costguard and Fleet
-Salomar Paladins
-Imperial border guard
-Imperial elite guard
-Spirits of virtute
-Imperial garrison
Edited:
-Adele's forces,guards
-Stonebreaker dwarvs
-Defenders of Essix
-Pyrrean rebels
-Pyrru Milita
-Village of assyr
-Kajon maruders
-Lord Retkas's Army
-Golden guard.

DEMONS
-BloodDrinker legion
-SoulEater legion
-Darkblade legion
-Lera's hunters
-Larantos elite guard
-Elven traitors
-Slaves

ORCS
-Iron thunder
-Gold Axe
-Blood hand
-Dark mind
-Orc wizards
-Death breeze
-Skull blade
-Moghatar Bonebreaker
-Ravaging Fire
-Savage Orcs
-Ice wind
-Weedhunters tribe (murloc)
UNDEADS
-Splecir nexus
-Rojhir nexus
-undead guardians
-Eijara nexus
-Zirr nexus

NEUTRAL FACTIONS (with shar request)
-Infected forest inhabitants
-The forgotten ones.
I am gonna double check and add new factions if i have forggoten em.

Last edited:
Level 20
LOOK ALIVE FOLKS.

The masterpiece known as Legends of Arkain is back.
You can all thank our lord and savior Shar Dundred for this early christmas gift.:grin::grin:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Ladies and gentleman,
Humans and Elves,
Orcs and Dwarves,
Demons and Undead,
Recruits and veterans of Arkain,
Creatures of all kinds,

I think it's time for another.... ARKAIN QUESTION TIME!

You know the drill, send me questions via PM (PM, not VM!) about the Arkain universe and its characters etc. etc. and I will, at one point, gather them and post them here with answers - if I can answer them without giving any major spoilers. The whole thing will be as annonymous as last time, so no need to worry if your questions are more delicate or strange than usual!

So, get your keyboards working, your fingers typing and your brains thinking! I await your questions.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Played all the first books at least.

Every single map where you train troops, construct buildings, destroy the enemy base etc. Basically the normal RTS gameplay you have in the normal campaigns.
That's what I meant, sorry if "melee map style" was misleading.

I think I restated this every single time I reviewed them.

Level 20
Played all the first books at least.

Every single map where you train troops, construct buildings, destroy the enemy base etc. Basically the normal RTS gameplay you have in the normal campaigns.
That's what I meant, sorry if "melee map style" was misleading.

I think I restated this every single time I reviewed them.

He had chapters when you had no base and you jsut had to make up with the handfull of troops he gave to you...As well as the second mission of undead book which was really well made imo.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Slay everything that moves is not much of an improvement.

Needless to say, I do not remember every single map very well since I basically ran through them for the story.
Yet, I do remember complaining about the gameplay because there was only slay everything that moves and 90% of the time it was in RTS style.
I can see if I can find my old reviews somewhere..

Level 21
Posting to subscribe and try and stop The Dundredian from making carrot stew out of me....I mean non-carrot stew.hehehehehehe

Level 20

Needless to say, I do not remember every single map very well since I basically ran through them for the story.
Yet, I do remember complaining about the gameplay because there was only slay everything that moves and 90% of the time it was in RTS style.

The abusing on dat "whosyourdaddy" has clouded your judgment sunshine :p

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...egends-arkain-255923/index40.html#post2631150 (first orc book review)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...egends-arkain-255923/index25.html#post2608115 (first human book review)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...egends-arkain-255923/index55.html#post2665133 (first undead book review)
me said:
While I am not being bored by any means, the gameplay is very simple and warcraft like. No unique/fresh missions nor 'advanced' systems/mechanics exist to make it interesting either.

As said, warcraft like, nothing wrong with it. But it still fails to amaze me.
me said:
Gameplay is very straight forward and simple. Kill everything that moves basically. I feel a lack of flashyness over all, no custom spells for example.
me said:
As I state every time, you got the kill everything that moves mission every time. The only unique mission so far was the second one in the dream, and even that one could have been much better. Since we're dealing with someones mind, I expected traps, puzzles, riddles, that kind of stuff.

Found 'em.
Apparently there was one chapter that was different.
I refuse to believe that I misjudged greatly on all three books.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
As well as the second mission of undead book which was really well made imo.

Gotta admit that I could've made that one much better, though.

Chaosy, you know that I let you have your own opinion, but a campaign being mostly RTS is, in my opinion, no downside. WarCraft 3 is a strategy game and for me, the RTS part is the fun part. If you like the RPG stuff more, sure, but then I think that Arkains gameplay is just not right for you.

Posting to subscribe and try and stop The Dundredian from making carrot stew out of me....I mean non-carrot stew.hehehehehehe

Not in the mood to eat any carrots anyway. :d

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I am just saying that variation could be a good thing. After 6 super hard RTS chapters it could be nice to have something else for a change.
Here are a few that I remember being different.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ownloads&order=DESC&t=43&d=list&r=20&status=g
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ownloads&order=DESC&t=43&d=list&r=20&status=g
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...of=downloads&t=43&r=20&d=list&status=g&page=2

edit: Do not quote me on this but I think the Chosen Ones have quite a few puzzles and minigames / mindgames.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I am just saying that variation could be a good thing. After 6 super hard RTS chapters it could be nice to have something else for a change.

I wasn't attacking you in any way, Chaosy, I fully understood your point.

We already discussed this like 6 months ago. My campaign is very different, compared to those. There's no discussion about that.

edit: Do not quote me on this but I think the Chosen Ones have quite a few puzzles and minigames / mindgames.

Quoting you just for fun.