• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Round Table of Arkain

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Alright, enough of this.
Enough spam for today.

Edit: The following picture has not much to do with the process, but I thought some of you would like to see an old friend again...

171388-albums7520-picture104051.jpg

Level 29
Alright, enough of this.
Enough spam for today.

Edit: The following picture has not much to do with the process, but I thought some of you would like to see an old friend again...

171388-albums7520-picture104051.jpg

Genethas you foul and treacherous son of a ###! He will return?!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Genethas you foul and treacherous son of a ###! He will return?!

Well, you didn't think he'd just disappear, did you?

Also, quoting myself since I feel like it could easily be missen that I posted it before (wasn't expecting so many posts afterwards).

Ladies and gentleman,
Humans and Elves,
Orcs and Dwarves,
Demons and Undead,
Recruits and veterans of Arkain,
Creatures of all kinds,

I think it's time for another.... ARKAIN QUESTION TIME!

You know the drill, send me questions via PM (PM, not VM!) about the Arkain universe and its characters etc. etc. and I will, at one point, gather them and post them here with answers - if I can answer them without giving any major spoilers. The whole thing will be as annonymous as last time, so no need to worry if your questions are more delicate or strange than usual!

So, get your keyboards working, your fingers typing and your brains thinking! I await your questions.

Level 29
Well, you didn't think he'd just disappear, did you?

I thought the demons would kill him for failing to kill the leaders of the imperial force. Though I am certain he will be killed either way. Demons don´t seem to be the kind that would accept a human as one of their allies.

Level 7
Chaosy

Before I accuse you of not rewriting the review, or
not writing a review for new and updated version

Have you by any chance written a new review for updated
and from my perspective also finished first arkainian books?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Chaosy

Before I accuse you of not rewriting the review, or
not writing a review for new and updated version

Have you by any chance written a new review for updated
and from my perspective also finished first arkainian books?

To be honest, I don't even WANT another/an updated Chaosy review ever again. He skips the whole gameplay with the "whosyourdaddy" cheat, such a review is useless to me. I can't take any of it seriously.

Nope. I have not played the finished versions. Too much work if you only want the story parts of the last chapters.

If the series existed in a notepad form where I could just read the dialogue I would prefer that over the campaign.

While it's good to know that you appear to like the story (I say appear because one can never be sure what to think about a Chaosy opinion), I can tell you one thing for sure: You will never, ever, ever get such a notepad dialogue from me.

Now, back to business:

ATTENTION, NO SPOILERS AHEAD!

Some of you might remember that post from Shain about how the story ends and what book was canon etc. etc. I've decided to nullify it and he will, sooner or later, remove that part of his post.
Every player for himself will be to decide what book he wants to be canon and unless I plan to create something related to Arkain after the Second and Third Books, there's no need for me or anyone else to set a fixed canon lore. It's much more fun and freedom for everyone if the players themselves decide about that.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
@First Statement
Story > Gameplay, y'all.
Funny how that is only valid for some people seeing all the lore/story discussion in this thread. But I can't have the same opinion apparently.
Do that take that seriously, not looking for a drama fight here

@Second Statement
Shar, I know. I was not expecting such either. I just tried to explain why I decided not to re'play' the maps.
Maybe I failed to do that properly, idk.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
@First Statement
Story > Gameplay, y'all.
Funny how that is only valid for some people seeing all the lore/story discussion in this thread. But I can't have the same opinion apparently.
Do that take that seriously, not looking for a drama fight here

@Second Statement
Shar, I know. I was not expecting such either. I just tried to explain why I decided not to re'play' the maps.
Maybe I failed to do that properly, idk.

Perhaps I sounded a bit harsh with my last statement. I only meant that I can't take your reviews in terms of gameplay too serious anymore. It's not my interest to start a drama here either.

@Blake8: Noted.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
So if you continue with the Arkain books,than what about the demo?
you will still released?

Considering the big bug Chapter Three has, I consider removing it...

Anyway, about progress: Before I tell you anything about the campaign progress, I will finish the AQT that's to be released sometime within the next 60 hours.
You may, of course, add more questions both before and afterwards.

Level 9
Are you going to revive Legends of Arkain??
Please SAY YES! XD

BTW I played the demo and it was great
good job with the skins,models,terrain,doodads and everything
Also I didn't find any bugs in the demo or the previous campaigns
So in my opinion
I give 10/10 on everything

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
[simpletable="Ladies and gentleman,
Humans and Elves,
Orcs and Dwarves,
Demons and Undead,
Creatures of all kinds,"]Today, I'm bringing to you:
The Arkainian Question Time!
In the hidden tab below, you will find answers to many questions you've sent me via PM about the Second Books of Arkain. I have added a few things that I thought could be interesting as well. I thank everyone who has sent me some questions.
I couldn't answer each question, of course, since some contained spoilers I didn't want to publish that soon. Also, for those who have new questions or didn't have the possibility so send questions: You can still send me those with the title "AQT" so I know and can add them to this list.

I think it's quite clear that the following questions and answers contain major spoilers. So, you've been warned. :)

Enjoy!

Is Gardon going to try and rescue Blen, Harmos and Aedale? Does he even care about what's going to happen to them?
The answer depends on your decision from the First Human Book. If you sided with Gardon, the leader of the Ironfist will be looking forward freeing Greymoore, if not.... well, he won't be the one opening the cage, but Blen might join forces with him.
The rest will get out of their prisons as well, without Gardon intervening. Aedale.... Well, I think you know who will help her. Harmos... Let's keep that one a secret, yes? ;)

Who are those knights with Genethas in that last picture? The Veterans of the Voidwar?
Those are traitors who have willingly allowed lesser Demons to possess them. The Veterans of the Voidwar are all possessed by Demons by now (except for Lord Genethas), but they're not the only ones who are possessed.

Do you intend to create a whole new techtree for the Golden Guard?
I intended to do that at some point, but by now the answer is: No, the main difference between the Golden Guard and the Royal Army are the units trained from the Barracks. The Golden Guard is more offensive while the Royals are more defensive.

Will the Weedhunters be aviable for playing?
No.

Will there be a character named after X or Y from the Hiveworkshop?
It's highly unlikely that I'll add any more features like that, no.

Will we be able to play other bestial races that are now in an alliance with Orcs? If yes, can you name a few? And will they have heroes?
I can answer the first and the last one with the same sentence: Yes, a few of them.
For the races, among others there'll be Dark Trolls, Golems and Goblins.

Will Sir Edoarus be making any more appearances?
Definitely, yes. In the Undead Books he'll most likely be playable as well.

What happens now that Gardon has reduced much of the Golden Guard by making them go through that pass in Rebellion?
I have no idea how many troops you have sent to their death in that pass and I don't think I want to know.
Anyway, no he hasn't. The Golden Guard is much larger than the forces who Gardon has at his disposal.
Gardon gained the assistance of two companies of the Golden Guard. To top it off, those two companies are, unlike the soldiers who fought alongside Gardon and Merlon in Chapter One, unsatisfied with leaving the continent. You understand now why van Durce let THEM join Gardon on his dangerous mission? Interesting theories could appear in your head, making the High Lord Inquisitor look pretty bad, hmm...

Will Gardon's mysterous tutor be revealed?
Yes.

Do we get to control Lord Brian or fight against him, or have him as an ally?
Yes, sooner than you might think.

Have you reduced the number of chapters from 13 to something else?
Yes, it's 12 now. I've removed a map that would've been absolutely boring and uninteresting to be played. So, no loss for anyone.

Why has Genethas betrayed the Empire in the first place? He should've known that it won't end well and that he'd be nothing but a slave in the end, right?
He was promised to become the king of the Demon Slaves. Also, he was corrupted by a demoness that has been mentioned by Lisara in the Secret Chapter of the First Human Book. This demoness knows how to manipulate people and turning them into willing servants. And yes, you will meet her. Several times.

Are you going to add more hard chapters like Castle Kome or that elven Chapter?
No, I decided to make the campaign easy as pie since everyone complained about the difficulty
OF COURSE THERE WILL BE PAINFUL CHAPTERS! I'm already creating new units that'll be a pain dealing with. And Hard mode... Oh, it'll be AMAZING!

Was the elf nation always so small?
Yes.

Dwarfs or Dwarves?
BEER!

When are you going to include the film crew easteregg?
*cough* *cough* I have no idea what you mean.

What are the population numbers for the various races, nations, and dead things?

Will there ever be a Sergeant Dornan reference, MAGGOT?!
NO THERE WON'T YOU MAGGOT!

How many elfvesfsfgtfrhbs am I going to kill by the time this is done?
Enough to build a contient with elven bones.

Will I be able to play as Lord Redfist in this book? You know the one.
No, and you won't get to see his BEST DAD OF THE YEAR-mug in action either. Unless he decides to punch it in your face, that is.

Will Gardon finally find his true love, the princess of Kerrel?
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my, that's still a good one!

Will we see Rath Wolfscar or other Orc chieftans in the Second Human Book?
Yes.

Will we see Rahandir or other Undead characters in the Second Human Book?
Yes.
[/box]

Last edited:
Level 29
Is Gardon going to try and rescue Blen, Harmos and Aedale? Does he even care about what's going to happen to them?
The answer depends on your decision from the First Human Book. If you sided with Gardon, the leader of the Ironfist will be looking forward freeing Greymoore, if not.... well, he won't be the one opening the cage, but Blen might join forces with him.
The rest will get out of their prisons as well, without Gardon intervening. Aedale.... Well, I think you know who will help her. Harmos... Let's keep that one a secret, yes? ;)

Yes Gardon cares for his allies unlike a certain van Durce. I always judge these characters by the way they treat those that serve him. I don´t care about Aedale but if she dies I hope that she takes her disgusting father to Hell with her.

Who are those knights with Genethas in that last picture? The Veterans of the Voidwar?
Those are traitors who have willingly allowed lesser Demons to possess them. The Veterans of the Voidwar are all possessed by Demons by now (except for Lord Genethas), but they're not the only ones who are possessed.

There are always scumbags that would sacrifice their own souls just for power. I hope they are all wiped out this book. They are even unworthy of being raised as undeads.

Yes.

Good. Rahandir is my favourite character in the books. I like his deadpan and snarky attittude and I greatly sympathize with his past.

Level 11
[simpletable="Ladies and gentleman,
Humans and Elves,
Orcs and Dwarves,
Demons and Undead,
Creatures of all kinds,"]Today, I'm bringing to you:
The Arkainian Question Time!
In the hidden tab below, you will find answers to many questions you've sent me via PM about the Second Books of Arkain. I have added a few things that I thought could be interesting as well. I thank everyone who has sent me some questions.
I couldn't answer each question, of course, since some contained spoilers I didn't want to publish that soon. Also, for those who have new questions or didn't have the possibility so send questions: You can still send me those with the title "AQT" so I know and can add them to this list.

I think it's quite clear that the following questions and answers contain major spoilers. So, you've been warned. :)

Enjoy!

Do you intend to create a whole new techtree for the Golden Guard?
I intended to do that at some point, but by now the answer is: No, the main difference between the Golden Guard and the Royal Army are the units trained from the Barracks. The Golden Guard is more offensive while the Royals are more defensive.

Will the Weedhunters be aviable for playing?
No.

Will there be a character named after X or Y from the Hiveworkshop?
It's highly unlikely that I'll add any more features like that, no.

Will we be able to play other bestial races that are now in an alliance with Orcs? If yes, can you name a few? And will they have heroes?
I can answer the first and the last one with the same sentence: Yes, a few of them.
For the races, among others there'll be Dark Trolls, Golems and Goblins.

Will Sir Edoarus be making any more appearances?
Definitely, yes. In the Undead Books he'll most likely be playable as well.

What happens now that Gardon has reduced much of the Golden Guard by making them go through that pass in Rebellion?
I have no idea how many troops you have sent to their death in that pass and I don't think I want to know.
Anyway, no he hasn't. The Golden Guard is much larger than the forces who Gardon has at his disposal.
Gardon gained the assistance of two companies of the Golden Guard. To top it off, those two companies are, unlike the soldiers who fought alongside Gardon and Merlon in Chapter One, unsatisfied with leaving the continent. You understand now why van Durce let THEM join Gardon on his dangerous mission? Interesting theories could appear in your head, making the High Lord Inquisitor look pretty bad, hmm...

Will Gardon's mysterous tutor be revealed?
Yes.

Do we get to control Lord Brian or fight against him, or have him as an ally?
Yes, sooner than you might think.

Have you reduced the number of chapters from 13 to something else?
Yes, it's 12 now. I've removed a map that would've been absolutely boring and uninteresting to be played. So, no loss for anyone.

Why has Genethas betrayed the Empire in the first place? He should've known that it won't end well and that he'd be nothing but a slave in the end, right?
He was promised to become the king of the Demon Slaves. Also, he was corrupted by a demoness that has been mentioned by Lisara in the Secret Chapter of the First Human Book. This demoness knows how to manipulate people and turning them into willing servants. And yes, you will meet her. Several times.

Are you going to add more hard chapters like Castle Kome or that elven Chapter?
No, I decided to make the campaign easy as pie since everyone complained about the difficulty
OF COURSE THERE WILL BE PAINFUL CHAPTERS! I'm already creating new units that'll be a pain dealing with. And Hard mode... Oh, it'll be AMAZING!

Was the elf nation always so small?
Yes.

Dwarfs or Dwarves?
BEER!

When are you going to include the film crew easteregg?
*cough* *cough* I have no idea what you mean.

What are the population numbers for the various races, nations, and dead things?

Will there ever be a Sergeant Dornan reference, MAGGOT?!
NO THERE WON'T YOU MAGGOT!

How many elfvesfsfgtfrhbs am I going to kill by the time this is done?
Enough to build a contient with elven bones.

Will I be able to play as Lord Redfist in this book? You know the one.
No, and you won't get to see his BEST DAD OF THE YEAR-mug in action either. Unless he decides to punch it in your face, that is.

Will Gardon finally find his true love, the princess of Kerrel?
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my, that's still a good one!

Will we see Rath Wolfscar or other Orc chieftans in the Second Human Book?
Yes.

Yes.
[/box]

Wait if Gardon wasn't intentionally trying to slaughter the golden guard, why did he "accidentally" inform the rebels that they were going through the pass?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Wait if Gardon wasn't intentionally trying to slaughter the golden guard, why did he "accidentally" inform the rebels that they were going through the pass?

Because in the meantime, Larine and the Royal Army were slipping through Retka's defenses unnoticed - unnoticed because the rebels were busy fighting the Golden Guard. That was all in the dialogue.

Level 11
Because in the meantime, Larine and the Royal Army were slipping through Retka's defenses unnoticed - unnoticed because the rebels were busy fighting the Golden Guard. That was all in the dialogue.

Ye, I remember, I just thought that for some reason Gardon was trying to diminish the number of the golden guard, so that's why I interpreted Gardon's words to mean that...I think Kasrkin posted something which made me think this...

Level 29
Progress report:
Here a little preview of what you're gonna face, among many other things, in Chapter Four....
attachment.php

Edit: Yes, those trebuchets WILL shoot YOUR forces and you will, of course, have no air units.

:goblin_jawdrop:

You must be joking right? This will be a complete slaughter, although it could be a good oppurtunity to kill Aedale's sister. Are you sure there are no backdoor or some inflitrator?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Wtf!?!??!?!?

I dont fuck with those!!
You stupid little swordmen!

:goblin_jawdrop:

You must be joking right? This will be a complete slaughter, although it could be a good oppurtunity to kill Aedale's sister. Are you sure there are no backdoor or some inflitrator?

Oh, I forget to mention that you don't have any heroes when you fight these guys. Also, you have to get INTO THE CITY first while the trebuchets keep shooting you. :3
*evil laugh*

Level 29
Oh, I forget to mention that you don't have any heroes when you fight these guys. Also, you have to get INTO THE CITY first while the trebuchets keep shooting you. :3
*evil laugh*

Wait no heroes? This must be the first mission in a campaign where I don´t control heroes.
You are some wicked diabolical devious mastermind Shar. I salute you.:thumbs_up:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Shar.. jus grew evil!
You are some wicked diabolical devious mastermind Shar. I salute you.:thumbs_up:
Hmmm,now that sounds bloody interesting..

Thank you, thank you. :)

At least then give us 20 footmen, 5 knights, 15 archers, 4 golems and 3 airships!! Pls!

You can have all - you have a base - except for the airships.

Wait no heroes? This must be the first mission in a campaign where I don´t control heroes.

:)