• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 8
Hey redcrusader i would like a permission to edit legend of arkain human book two map for my project purposes and of course all credits belongs to you

Level 5
Is chapter 6 added on the demo in the map section or here or in both? I'm a bit outdated :3 Oh and Mister Shar hope everything goes well in the development :D I'm sure the next chapters are gonna be more grueling than ever XD *Pure Evil*

Level 11
I just wanted to express my gratitude to Red Crusader for making this campaign :) ,it's been very fun (and somewhat hard) but nevertheless highly enjoyable experience so far, keep it up!

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Crusader,did you thought about customizing Demon slaves units? I know that it would require additional hours of boring editing,but i thought of that demon slaves would always be displayed as some kind of 'Fallen Humans',just like that one time when you actually changed colors to darker ones in that 'Renegade' paladin in first human book.Also...i wanted to ask....how did you replaced units with Veteran Ones and had enemy Ai train them.Does it required a custom ai or there is other way? (And i don't mean editing original units cause it's not the same.)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
You mean customizing as in "having their own tech tree"?
I did of course consider that, but despite being slaves and maybe capable of creating their
own culture and unit types, I don't see the slaves being worthy an entire tech tree.

About the AI, I have been using custom AI I created myself since before the launch of this series.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

You mean customizing as in "having their own tech tree"?
I did of course consider that, but despite being slaves and maybe capable of creating their
own culture and unit types, I don't see the slaves being worthy an entire tech tree.

About the AI, I have been using custom AI I created myself since before the launch of this series.

Sorry,i should be more specific.I was reffering to last mission of First Human book.While you train units like footman/crossbowman the Veterans of Voidwar build better versions of it.Like Veteran Pegasus,Veteran footman and other like this.Same goes with the Knights of Kome with their "Knight Of Kome' unit.I was wondering....did you had to make your own ai scrpt to make them do so? Or there is other way? Sorry for bad english.

Entire Tech tree? no,no no.No need for that.I was just thinking of model replacement,that's all.Like for example "Fallen Footman" or other like this.

Also...i'm sorry for bothering you with this matter again because you already provided me with the Paladin model i asked for but do you know the proper texture paths to import it into the game?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
No problem.

I gave them their own script.

Oh, creating seperate slave units is on my consideration list for some time now, not sure if I
will ever do it, however.

To learn the paths for the textures, open the model with Magos' Model Editor (search in the
Tools section), open it, click Windows--->Texture Manager and you can see the paths for any model you want.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

No problem.

I gave them their own script.

Oh, creating seperate slave units is on my consideration list for some time now, not sure if I
will ever do it, however.

To learn the paths for the textures, open the model with Magos' Model Editor (search in the
Tools section), open it, click Windows--->Texture Manager and you can see the paths for any model you want.

1.Any chance that you could show me that script? I mean,if you can and if by any chance you would find some time for that.I know that you're busy person.

2.That's much more better idea!

3.I've got it! Thanks again for help.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
The first post has been updated.

A new chapter has been added to the schedule, one that is going to take place after Chapter Seven.
Chapter Seven is already going to be different from what you have seen in the Second Human Book so far,
the same goes for this new chapter and the ones coming afterwards as well.
Especially the newly added chapter will be some joy to play, I can assure you that already.
Stay tuned!

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

The first post has been updated.

A new chapter has been added to the schedule, one that is going to take place after Chapter Seven.
Chapter Seven is already going to be different from what you have seen in the Second Human Book
so far, the same goes for this new chapter and the ones coming afterwards as well.
Stay tuned!

Are you suggesting that people who already finished all first books should re-play them again?

Level 5
Played this before, i luv the stroryline. but parts of the campaign is extremely difficult. you really gotta a be pro in order to win, and im still getiing there

Level 16
Never knew this campaign had a development thread, so the next mission is comming out on the 31st, thats great, good work RedCrusader, your campaign really stands out

Level 1
So I beat the.. first human book and tried living with it but the Orc book which I think comes next also has this issue. None of the text outside of cinematics appears, is there a fix for this?

(Like I see the portrait of a unit pop up like they are speaking, but no text appears)

Level 5
Man is it even gonna be released this month? its a damn week late already

a while back i used to make wc maps, i didnt have too much free time, but i did put in around 3 hours a week into it, well at 3 hour/week you could produce at least a modest quality map in 3 week to a month, depending on the size and how fancy you want it to be, i dont think redcrusader is working on anything cause otherwise it wouldve been finished weeks ago

over 2 months to finish a map? come on, that's ridiculous

Level 9
Just asking, does the human empire has any penals? Since this is a very desperate time(Demons, orcs, undeads, rebels), i think they should have some sort of conscription or penals active.

Level 11
Is this who I think it is?

article-2545794-1AEE20E300000578-743_964x643.jpg

that helmet looks so familar