• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 12
Actually I cannot open the stuff in World Editor after placing this Dark Red color as told in the Read Me. So I guess it corrupted my database, luckily I have the backup as stated, so I'll just reverse to the old one without this update.

Level 3
I'm sorry to inform you that my brother Shar has decided to put an end to his time as a modder and member of the Hive Workshop. For good. As someone who has played his maps with him and others ever since he started doing so, I can tell you, that it saddens me. But everyone has to move on, eventually.

To be honest, I'm not surprised. In his new position, he has much work and little time for modding. He liked doing it, but he wanted himself to be just as fast as his project started. He was unable to do so due to do so. His job, his real life, it all made it too hard. After a long time of consideration, he decided to stop his activity.

I don't know if the rest of Arkain is ever to be finished, but if it is, it won't be anytime short.

He disabled his VMs and PMs to ensure that, should he ever log in again one day, he won't be flooded by messages. He wasn't happy about the messages asking for his reasons when he paused the project.

Arkain will never really die, but it's unknown whether or not one more campaign or even the whole project will ever be finished.

This time, he said, there will be no comeback. In case you're wondering why the hell *I* am posting this and not him, is that he won't log in ever again unless he actually finished one campaign. Believe me, I'm not fond of posting this, just like you're not fond of reading it. Again.

It's a damn shame, breaking a promise (something he usually never does), yes, but I ask all of you to respect his decision. It's been hard enough already. It's his life, and his choice.
-----------------
Since he isn't around anymore, I too have nothing left to do here. Wouldn't have done much anyway.

The Dundredians bid their farewell.

Level 50
I'm sorry to inform you that my brother Shar has decided to put an end to his time as a modder and member of the Hive Workshop. For good. As someone who has played his maps with him and others ever since he started doing so, I can tell you, that it saddens me. But everyone has to move on, eventually.

To be honest, I'm not surprised. In his new position, he has much work and little time for modding. He liked doing it, but he wanted himself to be just as fast as his project started. He was unable to do so due to do so. His job, his real life, it all made it too hard. After a long time of consideration, he decided to stop his activity.

I don't know if the rest of Arkain is ever to be finished, but if it is, it won't be anytime short.

He disabled his VMs and PMs to ensure that, should he ever log in again one day, he won't be flooded by messages. He wasn't happy about the messages asking for his reasons when he paused the project.

Arkain will never really die, but it's unknown whether or not one more campaign or even the whole project will ever be finished.

This time, he said, there will be no comeback. In case you're wondering why the hell *I* am posting this and not him, is that he won't log in ever again unless he actually finished one campaign. Believe me, I'm not fond of posting this, just like you're not fond of reading it. Again.

It's a damn shame, breaking a promise (something he usually never does), yes, but I ask all of you to respect his decision. It's been hard enough already. It's his life, and his choice.
-----------------
Since he isn't around anymore, I too have nothing left to do here. Wouldn't have done much anyway.

The Dundredians bid their farewell.
Damn. It's such a shame, man. Well atleast I am happy that we got the First books. Well, in the end we all have a real life. Good luck to both of you. Be happy because some nice campaigns happened. I hope he will find some time to visit Hive sometimes.

Level 12
Thats very sad :((. But as you said, we all have to move on. Best of luck Shar ! See you again, if you ever come back...... and i hope you will. By the way , Shain is the biologycal brother of Shar ?

Level 9
Shar!?!??!?!? WHY? WHY? (CRIES) Why!!? LEAVE US AGAIN!?!?.....
But best of luck.. hope ull come back(i know 25 years too much)we will miss u...

I dont think Shain is Shar's bio brother.

Level 20
If my hamster sized brain works properly.Shar clearly stated he won't allow anyone to continue his work no matter how worthy he might be not even Kaskrin.So we either wait for Shar to return...Or no more legends of Arkain...OR we can all book some tickets for Bavaria and go beat his ass up until he decides to come back to contiune his work xD

Level 8
If my hamster sized brain works properly.Shar clearly stated he won't allow anyone to continue his work no matter how worthy he might be not even Kaskrin.So we either wait for Shar to return...Or no more legends of Arkain...OR we can all book some tickets for Bavaria and go beat his ass up until he decides to come back to contiune his work xD

Agreed.He won't let nobody to continue the legends but maybe with time he will passes trough others if he is sure to stop forever.
Opinions.

Level 3
It pains me to play the evil one by posting this, but someone has to and Shar is occupied otherwise, so...

Shar and I have been talking a lot yesterday. It appears to be absolutely impossible, that anyone here will ever see the release of Legends of Arkain. And, as you already pointed out correctly, no one else will ever be allowed to finish it for him. He's the only one allowed to create anything in the Arkain universe.

After that, however, it's over. There will be no new book, no new project, no new campaign, no new difficult Dundredian missions. Shar decided to, even though he hates to do it, kill this project. He removed all files and asked me to do the same.

Just for clarification: No, this post doesn't mean that either Dundredian is going to visit this website in the meantime. One of us will just pass by to give you the information and then be gone again. Until then, there's neither the will nor the requirement to be around. My current presence doesn't mean anything but proceeding as planned by the Dundredian HQ.
No further questions shall be answered and the thread won't be bothered being closed anymore. At least by the Dundredians. Its fate is in the mods' hands alone.

Thank you for your attention.

Edit: You know what, fuck it, here's the most important information about the story you need and all you are to get.

The Orc Books are canon. They conquer the Kingdoms after allying with other beastial factions like Gnolls, Goblins, Murlocs and others, and create their own realm there after utterly destroying the Demon Invasion. The remaining Imperials around Gardon are forced to retreat over the sea to the western continent, the Demons are put in place behind the Void and the Undead return to the Dead Mountain to stay there again. The Orcs prepare for new wars while also building up their civilisation. Unlike WC Orcs they want to continue wars and now look to the west, to the Empire, as well as to the east, to the Demons.

I'm terribly sorry, but that's it. Consider Arkain officially burned and burried. Neither me nor Shar wanted this to happen, but there was no other way.

Level 7
Tis a question i have - what exactly is happening?
since i wont browse this thread as its full of spoilers,
which is not a good thing for youtuber

has something very bad in their life happened?
or do they have no time?

Level 20
Tis a question i have - what exactly is happening?
since i wont browse this thread as its full of spoilers,
which is not a good thing for youtuber

has something very bad in their life happened?
or do they have no time?

Tl;Dr:Shar got a promotion on his job and now the time he had to work on project was lowered by a huge amout.He prefered to shut down the project "forever" rather than make us wait long periods for even a chapter being done.

Level 11
Tl;Dr:Shar got a promotion on his job and now the time he had to work on project was lowered by a huge amout.He prefered to shut down the project "forever" rather than make us wait long periods for even a chapter being done.

It really saddens me that Shar chose to close the project rather than continue it at a slower pace, I personally as well as lots of people on hive wouldn't mind waiting longer for an update, even if the book took half a year to complete it's still worth it...

Level 20
Well our great Boss...Likes to put out things fast i guess.Lets hope we can see him back on hive at least we can discuss about LoA related stuff with him.

Level 20
Well...Including the fact that Shar likes drama we *MIGHT* see him return after a month or two.I doubt we have seen the last of Arkain OR Shar here on hive.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Level 20
Speeking of the devil...He is already here.Ofc you like drama...You shut down the project for two months...Then out of nowhere publishe Gardons love and then you take a couple of days and then you Re-open the thread people start going nutts throwing ideas left and right and then you tell us all the project is back only to shut it down again...If thats not drama i don't know what you can call it.In i might write a book named Drama of the Arkain and its master.

Anyway good to see you back Boss Mon.

Level 16
[quote="Shar Dundred]I won't resurrect Arkain (or any other dead project) again. Ever. [/quote]

So, it's finish forever ? :/

If it's not finish...Maybe you can change the color in Chapter 3 ? Because pink... for the boss lol

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I don't know if this is a joke or not?
You should knew this before we start used.

It's no joke and I had no problems when testing it until today.

Initially, I had no issue like that with my editor. After reinstalling WC3, though, it started causing problems when I replaced it anew.

If I had experienced it before, I wouldn't have given it to you. Also, I told you to make a backup, to be sure.
It's also possible that it won't cause you any problems (like I had no trouble at first), but I wanted to inform you that it's possible.

Level 8
It's no joke and I had no problems when testing it until today.

Initially, I had no issue like that with my editor. After reinstalling WC3, though, it started causing problems when I replaced it anew.

If I had experienced it before, I wouldn't have given it to you. Also, I told you to make a backup, to be sure.
It's also possible that it won't cause you any problems (like I had no trouble at first), but I wanted to inform you that it's possible.

I don't know what World Editor you use but to me it's working fine,well i use the last version of Editor.
But i think that if will give some crash i will need to reinstall all the game again.
Thanks for the backup i have done this necessary think.