• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 10
I mean if Gardon has the cannon hes gonna wipe out the orcs that took over that human kingdom (if the cannon can turn? im not sure about how it works). so the orcs would be like lets stop that cannon that could threaten our new tribal Dominion.

Level 29
I mean if Gardon has the cannon hes gonna wipe out the orcs that took over that human kingdom (if the cannon can turn? im not sure about how it works). so the orcs would be like lets stop that cannon that could threaten our new tribal Dominion.

I guess we now know what Gardon will do once the demon threat is gone...

Nuke the entirety of the Dominion!

Level 22
The humans could be nuking them right now. Gardon and the other armies are close to where the cannon won't be able to suppport them anymore so the orcs are pretty screwed. :eek:
Btw, Shar you mentioned Aridon doesn't consider orcs part of the balance and doesn't care if they go extinct or not. What makes him think that way?

Level 10
The humans could be nuking them right now. Gardon and the other armies are close to where the cannon won't be able to suppport them anymore so the orcs are pretty screwed. :eek:
Btw, Shar you mentioned Aridon doesn't consider orcs part of the balance and doesn't care if they go extinct or not. What makes him think that?

It was mentioned that orcs are not natives of that continent. Neither them nor anyone else (except for maybe aridon, brian, krom, rahandir,...) remember where they came from but I think its safe to assume that their homeland is either uninhabitable (maybe the void? the demon lands behind?) or full of them.

Level 29
It was mentioned that orcs are not natives of that continent. Neither them nor anyone else (except for maybe aridon, brian, krom, rahandir,...) remember where they came from but I think its safe to assume that their homeland is either uninhabitable (maybe the void? the demon lands behind?) or full of them.

Given the orcs' "tradition" of fighting among themselves and their wars consist on pillaging and destroying everything on sight, I would assume that they turned their homeland into an uninhabitable place.

If their land is filled with them, then I guess they are either on a state of never-ending war, which might explain why some decided to flee to another continet, or they live somewhat in harmony.

Level 29
Fitting the current discussion:
News!

I just read it!

It is quite interesting!

My thoughts:
So Amari is practically Vanessa's step-sister (or is it adoptive sister?) I wonder if she, as a victim of prejudice, will be more tolerant to Vanessa than most. And she appears to be more cunning than 90% of the male orcs by living as a nomad.

I guess Brockta as a grudge against the Undead and especially Edoarus

Flammedus' backstory just shows that humans are pricks, but we all knew that already right?:D

Dark Trolls are reasonable and wise. They gathered around, talked like civilized people and united without the use of force. They might become my favorite race. Sorry Undead!

Wow. Sasrogarn is really the Butt Monkey on the Arkain series isn't he? What is the reason for this Shar? I am glad to see that Grofazg respects Vanessa. Favorite orc from this moment forward!

Okri's backstory is messed up. Really, humans rape orcs? That is disturbing, even by Arkain standards!

Level 10
wow I went from being 50-50 on the orc book to being WHEN CAN I HAVE IT. that's pretty awesome stuff on its way im excited.

A very belated APRIL FOOLS i thought we should have at least one

In case you missed the secret mission you can unlock NIGHTELVES to help gardon on his quest!
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (7).png
I did this through the editor dont kill me please Shar please XD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
So Amari is practically Vanessa's step-sister (or is it adoptive sister?)
Adoptive sister, yes.
Wow. Sasrogarn is really the Butt Monkey on the Arkain series isn't he? What is the reason for this Shar?
:]
Okri's backstory is messed up. Really, humans rape orcs? That is disturbing, even by Arkain standards!
And there's also humans who fall for demons with wings, horns and tails.
Humans on Arkain aren't the heroes in shiny armor. Well, not all of them, anyway.

Level 29

You made him totally unlikeable. van Durce, for example, at least is competent; his soldiers liked him and even Gardon seemed regretful that they had to fight. Sasrogarn, on the other hand...

Humans on Arkain aren't the heroes in shiny armor. Well, not all of them, anyway.

Not to sound racist or anything, but the succubus are somewhat attractive, which they use it to seduce others.

Humans find orcs as nothing more but savages, and yet they rape their females? That is downright sick and hypocritical.

It is very hard to find a human in Arkain with high levels of decency and morality. At least, find some that manage to both survive and reach high positions...:)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
You made him totally unlikeable. van Durce, for example, at least is competent; his soldiers liked him and even Gardon seemed regretful that they had to fight. Sasrogarn, on the other hand...
I think it all began with me giving him Lightning Shield.
His sister Amari has the competence he is lacking. ;)

Not to sound racist or anything,
We're not talking about different ethical groups of humans here, so a bit of racism is okayish. :p
I mean, how many anti-elf comments do we have in the past 200 pages? Or how often have Orcs been insulted?
I don't even want to start counting and it is nothing wrong with it. ;)
Inhuman bastards!

Humans find orcs as nothing more but savages, and yet they rape their females? That is downright sick and hypocritical.
I need to stress that we're talking about a single individual here who did this disgusting thing.
I am fairly sure that most Humans just kill them on sight.
I cannot imagine Blen, for example, not punishing his soldiers if they had done something like that.

It is very hard to find a human in Arkain with high levels of decency and morality. At least, find some that manage to both survive and reach high positions...:)
#RIPBlen

Level 22
Given the orcs' "tradition" of fighting among themselves and their wars consist on pillaging and destroying everything on sight, I would assume that they turned their homeland into an uninhabitable place.

If their land is filled with them, then I guess they are either on a state of never-ending war, which might explain why some decided to flee to another continent, or they live somewhat in harmony.
My man, i guess you've never read this book. It's going to be in libraries soon so i highly suggest it. I will drop your IQ by about a 100 after you're finished, so I'd also be a bit cautious though.
addtext_com_MTQyMTUxNjg5NzU.jpg

I think it all began with me giving him Lightning Shield.
His sister Amari has the competence he is lacking. ;)
Please just, give him... an empty void instead of lightning shield once you update the 1st orc book, it's going to be a lot better. :D

I cannot imagine Blen, for example, not punishing his soldiers if they had done something like that.
He didn't punish them for murdering orc children and he also may have murdered some as well so, there is a slight chance that he would be indifferent.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Even as I helped write new dialogue for Sassy years back it always felt like a lie and I remember the quotes people posted about his bravado and cruelty I wrote some of those. It never felt true like it was a man trying to play up his image.

Level 22
Even as I helped write new dialogue for Sassy years back it always felt like a lie and I remember the quotes people posted about his bravado and cruelty I wrote some of those. It never felt true like it was a man trying to play up his image.
Don't tell me you wrote most of his lines in chapter 6 'a deadly breeze'. I should have found them menacing, but i actually laughed when i heard them.

Level 29
Who is stronger Brian or Rahandir?

Most likely Brian as he possesses the powers of the Lord of Shadows.

The best proof is that he apparently was capable of staying hidden from Aridon, that or Aridon wasn't going to confront him without proper preparations and backup.

Level 10

Does that mean that Eredar indeed ARE a thing in Arkain? Are there any non-demonic relatives to any of the demonic races?
Relatives in the term of common ancestry?

Level 29
Does that mean that Eredar indeed ARE a thing in Arkain? Are there any non-demonic relatives to any of the demonic races?
Relatives in the term of common ancestry?

If you hadn't notice there are Eredar sorcerers in the demon forces.

I guess Demons aren't exactly a race, but instead the definition given to several species that come from the Void. Like for example, we calling Primates to the group composed of chimpazes, gorillas, gibbons, etc...

Level 10
If you hadn't notice there are Eredar sorcerers in the demon forces.

I guess Demons aren't exactly a race, but instead the definition given to several species that come from the Void. Like for example, we calling Primates to the group composed of chimpazes, gorillas, gibbons, etc...

Well, given that some demons look like mammals, others are more insect-like and some are just ugh, I don´t think there is any biological connection between them. And there are some night elf models in that game. Recolored and stuff, still based on night elf models even when there are no night elves in Arkain. So the name Eredar sorcerer might just be some occult name rather than the name of their species.

Level 2
The best proof is that he apparently was capable of staying hidden from Aridon, that or Aridon wasn't going to confront him without proper preparations and backup.
In fourth it is sad that he is aridons old friend

Level 22
They certainly aren't a singular race. A group of races that sort of have a common root, since they originate from the same homeland, would be the best way to describe them, in my opinion.

Level 10
Shar, you mentioned some time ago that the final version of the second human book will have an intro where you will click all your choices from the first book. Is that still valid? How is it going?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Will we either face or have Orc Death Knights in the future?
I assure you that you are going to encounter what I have shown you on that pic sooner or later. ;)
Shar, you mentioned some time ago that the final version of the second human book will have an intro where you will click all your choices from the first book. Is that still valid? How is it going?
Already finished that one and it is working perfectly fine. :)
The campaign should not be accessible to edit via the editor. OR at least I have not managed to access it.
The less people touch Arkain in the editor, the better. :p

Last edited:
Level 3
even the update on the golden guard army get new units,the combination of the human army are still very strange.
It is too rely on the melee unit like paladin or knight of kome,
and it lack of the ranged unit or normal aerial units,
only have crossbowman or marksman as land ranged unit
or rely on destructior or black dragon as air force.
Human strong because of the heros are OP and the war aura from Gardon.

For example ,Anyone can finish chapter 9 without using desturtor to stealth the demon gates?

Level 29
It is too rely on the melee unit like paladin or knight of kome,
and it lack of the ranged unit or normal aerial units,
only have crossbowman or marksman as land ranged unit
or rely on destructior or black dragon as air force.

On several medieval societies, they saw melee fight to be far more honorable than using bows and crossbows. Why do you think nobles and knights always fought on the frontlines while archers tended to be composed of peasants?

Human strong because of the heros are OP and the war aura from Gardon.

Since we are facing demons, undeads, orcs, pissed elementals, between others, it is normal that the heroes that managed to survive till now had to be quite powerful. Survival of the fittest at its finest...

Level 22
On several medieval societies, they saw melee fight to be far more honorable than using bows and crossbows. Why do you think nobles and knights always fought on the frontlines while archers tended to be composed of peasants?
I don't think Arkain is exactly medieval. They have guns, aircraft, tanks, artillery, etc. but i get what you are trying to say. Swords require much more skills to use than bows or crossbows. And going into close combat means you are a lot braver than the person who took the bow.

Since we are facing demons, undeads, orcs, pissed elementals, between others, it is normal that the heroes that managed to survive till now had to be quite powerful. Survival of the fittest at its finest...
I'd call it survival of the Aridon decided not to send Rahandir or Krom to kill them way earlier-est. :p

Level 29
I don't think Arkain is exactly medieval. They have guns, aircraft, tanks, artillery, etc. but i get what you are trying to say. Swords require much more skills to use than bows or crossbows. And going into close combat means you are a lot braver than the person who took the bow.

Yep. Anyone can grab an arrow, fire and kill someone at the distance... To show their courage, men of nobility should fight their foes and see their eyes lose their light as they die by their hands.

Of course on some cases the knights died for this bravery (like at Angicourt) and we only see them as fools for charging straight to an army of archers.

I'd call it survival of the Aridon decided not to send Rahandir or Krom to kill them way earlier-est. :p

Aridon can't be everywhere or can he (conspiracy theorist)?

Gardon survided facing off Demons, Forgotten Ones, Orcs, Murlocs, Genethas' forces, Undead, Elves, Golden Guard, Retka's forces... So naturally he had to be quite strong as a hero.

Level 22
To show their courage, men of nobility should fight their foes and see their eyes lose their light as they die by their hands.
Tell that to Sasrogarn. I feel like he should just go get a sword, charge and kill himself. He'll be doing everyone a favor.

Aridon can't be everywhere or can he (conspiracy theorist)?
Technically he can take control of almost any undead from afar and order it to kill his master, so somewhat.

Gardon survided facing off Demons, Forgotten Ones, Orcs, Murlocs, Genethas' forces, Undead, Elves, Golden Guard, Retka's forces... So naturally he had to be quite strong as a hero.
I can't take Murlocs as a legitimate threat, but for everyone else you are correct. Actually, wait, I take that back, orcs and elves were no threat too. I just had to. :D

Level 29
Tell that to Sasrogarn. I feel like he should just go get a sword, charge and kill himself. He'll be doing everyone a favor.

Nah, given the amount of times we "killed" several heroes and it turns out they survived somehow, he would most likely survive.

I can't take Murlocs as a legitimate threat, but for everyone else you are correct. Actually, wait, I take that back, orcs and elves were no threat too. I just had to. :D

The murlocs are a very high population so they basically would swarm us with numbers until we all died.

The only reason elves were a threat was because they had the support of the Golden Guard, so yeah.

Level 10
The one reason why handguns were being implemented at the beginning of the 16th century was that to train an archer takes too god damn long. Archers trained their whole life. Huntsmen mostly. So, claiming that archers were peasants because its easier to learn with bow than sword is not true. Most commonly used were actually polearms, pikes, spears, axes. To just put arrow on place, aim in random direction and let loose is not archery. Example: you can beat someone with club. Primitive, stupid club. That is not macemanship (the same as swordsmanship, just with maces).

Level 22
The one reason why handguns were being implemented at the beginning of the 16th century was that to train an archer takes too god damn long. Archers trained their whole life. Huntsmen mostly. So, claiming that archers were peasants because its easier to learn with bow than sword is not true. Most commonly used were actually polearms, pikes, spears, axes. To just put arrow on place, aim in random direction and let loose is not archery. Example: you can beat someone with club. Primitive, stupid club. That is not macemanship (the same as swordsmanship, just with maces).
Ok, saying bows are easier to use than swords may have been wrong on my part.
It really depends on the skills of the soldier.
Someone like Krom has concentration, speed and precision so a bow is the preferred weapon for him.
I even wonder if he's ever failed to assassinate someone?
While someone like Gardon puts a lot of dedication and strength in his blows so a sword is the preferred weapon for him.

Level 10
Ok, saying bows are easier to use than swords may have been wrong on my part.
It really depends on the skills of the soldier.
Someone like Krom has concentration, speed and precision so a bow is the preferred weapon for him.
I even wonder if he's ever failed to assassinate someone?
While someone like Gardon puts a lot of dedication and strength in his blows so a sword is the preferred weapon for him.

With nobles it was usually about the "honourable" way. It is somewhat described in Kingdom Come: Deliverance, in the ending. The ending of the long siege and release of hostages.

Level 3
Hey Shar, im relly impressed with these campaigns and i would like to make a videoes, with your permission of course, of all cutscenes and dialogues in campaigns so people could better understand story.

Im expecting your reply as soon as possible.

Level 10
Even i can tell you that Shar has nothing against people doing Arkain videos. So go ahead.
Of course if Shar does not like those vids, their creator will be used as ammo for peasant-lobber :D :D
Haven´t heard Kasrkin in a while. We sure he didn´t fall unconscious from the testing? :D

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Hey Shar, im relly impressed with these campaigns and i would like to make a videoes, with your permission of course, of all cutscenes and dialogues in campaigns so people could better understand story.
As long as you link the campaign sub-forum or alternatively the campaigns in the map section, I am absolutely fine with you doing that. :)
Just keep in mind that both the Second Human Book and the First Orc Book are going to be overhauled,
not only gameplay but also cinematic and storywise. ;)

Haven´t heard Kasrkin in a while. We sure he didn´t fall unconscious from the testing? :D
Two pages past
He is still going, I can tell you that. :p

Level 10
Currently no plans on that, I am quite happy with the Undead.
The first human book, final mission. If you corrupt Aedale, the mission becomes so much harder. You lose 2 heroes and gain attack wave of 2 demons that move waaaay ahead of the Kome forces and they just get slaughtered, making do difference at all.
Sooo maybe the last mission of the 1st human book? I love that book and its story.