• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 22
Why do all hordes of bloodthirsty and nigh-unstoppable warriors come from the East?:D
I'm pretty sure we've almost stopped them. :D
And by the end of chapter 14 they won't be a threat anymore. Or will they?... :p
Still though after all of this is over, i wonder what will become of Lor and Isalmur? Will Gardon pull of some kind of a diplomatic trick and annex them or will they just become independant once again? The latter will seriously shatter his plan of reviving the Zyainor empire.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Still though after all of this is over, i wonder what will become of Lor and Isalmur? Will Gardon pull of some kind of a diplomatic trick and annex them or will they just become independant once again? The latter will seriously shatter his plan of reviving the Zyainor empire.
Both Isalmur and Lor have been ravaged by the Demons, there aren't many surviving non-enslaved humans left.
Certainly not enough to withstand Gardon.

And the remaining Kingdoms, Kerrel and Rengar, wouldn't wage war
on the one who defeats the Demons (Gardon); that'd be bad for morale. Especially since Zyainor would be the very thing that stood between
them and the Demons.
Not to mention that they'd stand no chance: Huge losses against the Demons, no allies (Dwarves would not come back and the Elves would stand with Gardon),
the black dragons are on their comeback...
I could go on, I think you understand that no one would stay in his way if he wanted to take what he wants there. :p

Level 10
Both Isalmur and Lor have been ravaged by the Demons, there aren't many surviving non-enslaved humans left.
Certainly not enough to withstand Gardon.

And the remaining Kingdoms, Kerrel and Rengar, wouldn't wage war
on the one who defeats the Demons (Gardon); that'd be bad for morale. Especially since Zyainor would be the very thing that stood between
them and the Demons.
Not to mention that they'd stand no chance: Huge losses against the Demons, no allies (Dwarves would not come back and the Elves would stand with Gardon),
the black dragons are on their comeback...
I could go on, I think you understand that no one would stay in his way if he wanted to take what he wants there. :p

Does that mean that changes included elves will stand with Gardon no matter what? No matter the choice? :D

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

To sum up: Lor and Isalmur - ravaged, Salria - occupied by the orcs and their friends, Toran and Pyrru - under Gardon's thumb, but I guess still ravaged. Kerrel and Rengar are still "alive", I guess. Damn, humanity is in some deep trouble in Arkain. Shar's misanthropy manifesting pretty brightly.

Level 29
To sum up: Lor and Isalmur - ravaged, Salria - occupied by the orcs and their friends, Toran and Pyrru - under Gardon's thumb, but I guess still ravaged. Kerrel and Rengar are still "alive", I guess. Damn, humanity is in some deep trouble in Arkain.

Humanity is, on most fantasy stories, the weakest race as they lack most of the abilities and traits that grant the other races advantage. The greatest advantage they have is that they tend to have a much higher population, which allows them to field more troops and colonize regions way faster.

Plus, humanity has the capability of enduring harshness, surpass it and regaining strength later. So give them some centuries and these kingdoms will be recreated under Gardon's command.

Shar's misanthropy manifesting pretty brightly.

As a misanthrope myself, that makes me like Shar even more:)

Level 22
Humanity is, on most fantasy stories, the weakest race as they lack most of the abilities and traits that grant the other races advantage. The greatest advantage they have is that they tend to have a much higher population, which allows them to field more troops and colonize regions way faster.

Plus, humanity has the capability of enduring harshness, surpass it and regaining strength later. So give them some centuries and these kingdoms will be recreated under Gardon's command.
I actually think a few decades are enough before they are back again at a normal development level. The only kingdom that won't develop that much in my opinion is Isalmur since most of it will be used as a battleground, rather than a place for civilians to live.

Level 29
I actually think a few decades are enough before they are back again at a normal development level. The only kingdom that won't develop that much in my opinion is Isalmur since most of it will be used as a battleground, rather than a place for civilians to live.

I don't know... if Gardon manages to hit the demons pretty hard, leaving them as an endangered species, the humans might be capable of repopulating Isalmur with only some strong defenses in the border with the Void.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Chaos descendsssss.jpg
wowz.jpg
From the testing cauldron, things that don't reveal anything spoilery from the update.

Level 22
I don't know... if Gardon manages to hit the demons pretty hard, leaving them as an endangered species, the humans might be capable of repopulating Isalmur with only some strong defenses in the border with the Void.
Unless 1 human is able to kill 10 or 20 demons by himself i don't think that would be possible. Maybe i'm overrating their manpool way too much, but seeing how they recover so quickly even the most catastrophic loss + their repopulation speed, making them endangered is impossible, in my opinion.

Level 22
Isn't making people drink from a grail that has a bit of your blood in it to become stronger considered heresy too?
Oh wait, it is! :eek:
#VanDurceExposed
Also isn't finding a grail that has an ancient and now extinct race's blood in it and drink from it to power yourself up also considered heresy?
#VanDurceExposedx2

Last edited:
Level 10
With all the death and destruction in recent times, a little bit of fun ain't such a bad idea. :D
I thought that death and destruction is that fun part :D :D
Feel bad for Kas, having to replay some chapters many times with many different decisions made before that. Maddening. Not to mention the final chapter.
Btw, any spoilers for the gran finale? :D :D

Last edited:
Level 3
14. And if I recall correctly, chapter 14 is going to have 2 branches depending on your choices.

When can we expect release of second human book?

P.S: I was playing Original frozen throne campaigns after years last night. Seriously those felt so easy. I know I am being captain obvious but felt like to share it.

Level 10

P.S: I was playing Original frozen throne campaigns after years last night. Seriously those felt so easy. I know I am being captain obvious but felt like to share it.

Release date is unknown. We know that the whole of it is getting changed. All the changes that were planned for chapters 1 to 13 are, according to
Arkain News Network, already implemented and under heavy, almost Kasrkiny :D, testing. Thus it is time to wait for chapter 14 to get ready and tested.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
When all maps have been finished and tested, all/most bugs found and removed, and the maps tested again.
@Kasrkin is currently testing all existing chapters aka going through hell again and again,
I am working on Chapter Fourteen, fix everything he reports and stuff I find myself etc.

I cannot give a release date, it depends on how things are going.

Level 11
Well Shar, good luck, any chance at all that the Aridon books will be worked on before the orc ones? I really dont like the orcs, their story, or playing as them and I think lots of people on here share my opinion

Level 22
Well Shar, good luck, any chance at all that the Aridon books will be worked on before the orc ones? I really dont like the orcs, their story, or playing as them and I think lots of people on here share my opinion
If i'm not mistaken Shar said after the 2nd human book is released, the 1st orc book will be updated. Then the 2nd orc book will be made.
Well i really don't like them too, but i'm sort of optimistic the 2nd orc book may change that.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

But orc book had great melee macro-intensive maps. Even better than both undead and human books.

Level 22
But orc book had great melee macro-intensive maps. Even better than both undead and human books.
Sorry, i should have been a bit more clear.
I don't like their story, which somewhat diminishes the replay value for me, although i agree that it has the best mission design of all the first books. Especially chapters 5, 7 and 9, which are my favorites, although i wish in chapter 9 all orc clans were present. Maybe with the official release of patch 1.29, we may see that happen.

Level 22
Voted. I chose Gardon. I know this may seem like bias, but i feel like he has a way higher chance of success. Unlike van Durce who isn't even confident he will succeed and his forces running extremely thin by the day, Gardon doesn't doubt even one bit he will achieve outright victory and has allies all around him. The demons are indeed a very strong foe and shouldn't be underestimated, and indeed a lot of people will die, but victory even if a pyrrhic one will happen. Now my opinion may change after the epilogue, but I'm judging from what i see right now. :p
Van Durce, does have the advantage that he is a very popular, even if people see him as very arrogant and prideful commander. Plus not everyone supports the emperor, so I'm guessing at least some people will defect and join his side, no matter how crazy that might sound.
I'll give it the Gardon though since he is in a slightly more favorable position.

Level 29
1.29 will give me many new liberties - and tons of work! :D
Seriously, I already worry about @Kasrkin's health when we reach that point.
Might need some months to recover afterwards.

Anyway, I got a new strawpoll - been a while!:
Who has more chances of success?

Like @Championfighter25 I chose Gardon too for various reason
-Gardon has more supporters: the Ironfists, the Kingdoms, the Elves, the Undead, the Dragons, Lord Brian, etc. Meanwhile van Durce only has the Golden Guard, a weakened Golden Guard by the way, and is going to a continent filled with enemies and no support.
-Gardon is both more pragmatic and open-minded in terms of allies, powers used and strategies

Level 22
I didn't accept the pact.
She looked like she may have had good intentions, but Lisara also had "good" intentions for Aedale and we all know how that ended...
While she may not participate in the battle with her troops, she may use the pact you made for some other long term evil goal. Just going to you and offering you peace sounds way too weird, especially for a demon. There was to be some kind of a catch and since i don't want to fall for it, i didn't accept.