• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Rise of the Horde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Actually, we're planning to keep the custom resources exclusive to this campaign. Its gonna be protected and everything. Please don't try to use MPQ Master or something because stealing isn't cool :p The resources will only be released when the creators or I feel like releasing them. And no, please don't PM us for the resources.

Level 9
Here's a screenie for the Rylak, guys <3
226158-albums6654-picture91001.jpg

Level 39
Hey guys, not trying to hijack the thread, I just wanted to let you know that I started working a little on a new WoD style Grom model:

attachment.php

Hair still missing.

Don't know if it's something you're interested in. I'm considering making a WoD style Durotan as well.

----

I like the loading screens! I would suggest adding some shadow or shading underneath the banners. Right now it looks a little off to me.

Attachments

• grom1.png
    grom1.png
    874.5 KB · Views: 444
Level 12
Although I have no idea how it escalated from loading screen to the whole resources that you're using its really a bummer since it would have been an awesome desktop wallpaper but meh it would have not fit on my custom theme anyway.

Oh that? Sure I'll be glad to release the loading screens in my album when we're done with this then just save it or screen cap it for whatever heh.

About the whole resource thing, I just don't like people keeping on PM-ing me saying: "Hey I've got a good reason for using this and that model with this skin so please send it to me, I asked permission from this guy" but the thing is, they were made for THIS project and not for theirs so it's really annoying :p trying to keep the resources exclusive actually

Level 1
Yep xD hope you update that epic Durotan of yours :p sorry we're not using it man because the animations don't quite fit WC3. Everyone's running while Durotan's walking xD

EDIT:

So, I've recently started working on the loading screens. Im trying to make them look like the original ones like in Warcraft 3. Im adding a top and bottom border, then with a smudgy background. For the right side, of course there should be an icon and the description of each map. Then Im gonna add an illustration to the left side that depicts what the map will be like. Here are some eye catching previews. Please comment your suggestions.

Alpha Loading Screens

Loading Screen Previews

Preview
199714-albums7544-picture90993.png

199714-albums7544-picture90992.png

199714-albums7544-picture90994.png

Dude... that's just .....:goblin_jawdrop::goblin_jawdrop:

AWESOME!!!!!!:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Level 12
Just to point out the progress we've made since the start of this which was Oct 9: So after today, the terrain for the first cinematic and the tech-tree for the Draenei(which will be the only race in the cinematic) is officially done. While Wolffman and I cooperate with our resource department led by Hayate to complete the Frostwolf tech-tree, we'll also be fixing up the script so yousef and Mythic can finally start working on the cinematic. We will be releasing screenshots in awhile.

Level 39
You mean like the one I put in the Draenei LS?

Yes, like that ;)

BTW, that model of yours looks amazing though it looks more like a WoW model than a WC3 model to me xD

Heh, well I based it on the WoD model and used that model as a reference, so it's kind of supposed to look like that. If you mean that it's too detailed, well.. let me put it this way; the WoD Grommash has more polygons in his ponytail than my entire model has :p
The WoW models are getting quite detailed.

The modeling phase is almost done, this is the final look:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Currently at 678 polys.

Still need the axe though.

I would like to do the same with Durotan, and it seems like you could use a better Velen model as well.

Let me know if it's anything you're interested in, and I'll keep you updated. Otherwise I don't want to hijack your thread any further.

Attachments

• grom2.png
    grom2.png
    883.3 KB · Views: 749
  • grom3.png
    grom3.png
    976.4 KB · Views: 787
Level 1
Yes, like that ;)

Heh, well I based it on the WoD model and used that model as a reference, so it's kind of supposed to look like that. If you mean that it's too detailed, well.. let me put it this way; the WoD Grommash has more polygons in his ponytail than my entire model has :p
The WoW models are getting quite detailed.

The modeling phase is almost done, this is the final look:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Currently at 678 polys.

Still need the axe though.

I would like to do the same with Durotan, and it seems like you could use a better Velen model as well.

Let me know if it's anything you're interested in, and I'll keep you updated. Otherwise I don't want to hijack your thread any further.

Sexyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Level 12
Tauer: A request, if I may Tauer. Can you try to at least stick to the Warcraft 3 style a bit? Im a big fan of your models and Im actually trying to get as much as I can from your work but I wouldn't want some models to look so awesome while some look like shit :p We're actually trying to stick to the original concepts of War3 models but even of you DO deny my request, we may still likely use your models. Oh and please update the anims and skin of your old Durotan model because we REALLY want to use it though it just doesn't fit the whole War3 style thing. Good day to ya sir :)

Ragnoras: We'll be putting your skills to the test soon. But not too soon so stay tuned for updates ;)

EDIT:
DivineArms has been recruited as our glorious voice actor :)

Last edited:
Tauer: A request, if I may Tauer. Can you try to at least stick to the Warcraft 3 style a bit? Im a big fan of your models and Im actually trying to get as much as I can from your work but I wouldn't want some models to look so awesome while some look like shit :p We're actually trying to stick to the original concepts of War3 models but even of you DO deny my request, we may still likely use your models. Oh and please update the anims and skin of your old Durotan model because we REALLY want to use it though it just doesn't fit the whole War3 style thing. Good day to ya sir :)

Ragnoras: We'll be putting your skills to the test soon. But not too soon so stay tuned for updates ;)

EDIT:
DivineArms has been recruited as our glorious voice actor :)

wheepy!!!

Level 12
With all the people busy with real life, progress has been really slow but the unit list for the Frostwolves is complete as well as the stats. All we need to do now is design the spells for them. The project isn't going as well as I wanted it to go, but at least we're making progress.

EDIT:
For the members who don't know, I've created a group for the project. Please start posting big updates here while smaller updates on this thread.

Last edited:
Level 25
That magical moment when I find this thread by chance and realise someone else is making a campaign almost like mine - About the rise of the Horde.
So.. Yeah. Guess I can't name mine "Rise of the Horde" then. Eeh..

Well, good luck is all I can say I guess. :)

Level 12
Actually, we're moving on to the Horde tech-tree first. I want to do the units first before starting something big. The Draenei and Frostwolf techs are complete, the Ogre tech is somewhat done, the Horde tech is being discussed. For the Legion and Arakkoa, it'll take more time.

Level 12
Im still on, though quite busy so yeah. Your conclusion is correct, it'll be on hold for a while. We've finished the Draenei and the Frostwolf tech-tree completely now. Been working on the Orcish tech-tree for a couple of days now and Im not really being challenged so I might be able to post some pics of both the Frostwolves and the Horde by Saturday I guess? Once I've completed the tech, I'll put on hold again for a while then resume when the time is right.

Level 6
wow! this looks really promising! I can't wait to play it!

By the way, there's a typo in the description: you can't say "you'll experience both sides" and then present three sides, it's as if you were saying "both three".

Anyway, I think this is one of the campaigns that are a MUST, now that we have campaigns about the Blood Elves, the Forsaken and of course Tides of War. It's an easy part of the lore to work with and the result can turn out great! Good Luck!

Level 12
By the way, there's a typo in the description: you can't say "you'll experience both sides" and then present three sides, it's as if you were saying "both three".

You're wrong on that matter. There are three sides, yes, but you'll only experience two of them. The two major factions in this campaign which is the Orcs, and the Draenei. You wont be able to play as Demons, Arakkoa, and the Ogres though you'll have them as allies at some point of the game. :)

Level 12

AFTER A LONG TIME OF BEING INACTIVE, I'VE FINALLY DECIDED TO UPLOAD IMAGES OF THE FROSTWOLVES. NOTHING MUCH TO SAY HERE EXCEPT THAT THEY ONLY GO UP TO TIER 3 BECAUSE THIS TECH-TREE WILL ONLY BE USED UNTIL MID-CAMPAIGN THEN IT WILL BE REPLACED BY THE ORCISH HORDE TECH-TREE WHICH IS MORE BALANCED YET MORE POWERFUL AT THE SAME TIME. THE HORDE TECH WILL BE COMING IN SHORTLY SO PLEASE STAY TUNED.

Frostwolf Unit-list

Tier 1

Tier 2

Heroes

Notable Members

Tier 1

Picture
Description
6653021e5f2251db7d158ab912f801e5_90946.png

Labourer
Race: Orc
Type: Builder Unit
Abilities: Build, Repair
Trained at: Ancestral Fort/Ancestral Keep

061be0b80abe7bfde6140b6e9290d7fb_94869.png

Clansman
Type: Versatile Melee Unit
Abilities: Block
Trained at: Barracks

50790048cdc8f4664936fcd596a37bb8_90950.png

Scout EQUIVALENT TO HUNTER
Type: Versatile Ranged Unit
Abilities: Block, Hunter Upgrade

f906f233c1548ed8b71dee7dc5da33b8_90945.png

Hunter EQUIVALENT TO SCOUT
Type: Versatile Ranged Unit
Abilities: Block, Summon Vulture

Tier 2

Picture
Description
581bfb15b3bd7b3ea2705c33138b2669_90948.png

Mystic
Type: Supporting Spellcaster Unit
Abilities: Mend, Soul Guard
Trained at: Spirit Temple

1696464968cc012d9b354cb121b6c39a_90943.png

Shaman
Type: Primary Spellcaster Unit
Abilities: Purge, Lightning Shield
Trained at: Spirit Temple

59d2e6b9fa61d84a12276d87ce5d26e5_90959.png

Frostwolf
Race: Wolf
Type: Highly Mobile Melee Unit
Abilities: None
Trained at: Kennel

bc470ca22a0e1e0ae4220ed3c451063c_90958.png

Frostwing
Race: Rylak
Type: Primary Air Unit
Abilities: Freezing Breath, Frost Breath
Trained at: Kennel

303547806384eccc94bc8c9d9590fa91_90951.png

Catapult
Race: Mechanical
Type: Siege Unit
Abilities: Frostfire Rocks

Heroes

Picture
Description
fbe8d7309f63db7694cfc4464189ed13_90949.png

Outrider
Type: Warrior Hero
Abilities: Snare, Rage, Feral Spirit, Wolf Charge
Summoned at: Altar of Storms

352a7a8d8d434acafcc0fc9256d8e8d7_94870.png

Elder Shaman
Type: Mystical Hero
Abilities: Fire Nova, Chain Lightning, Thorns Aura, Seismic Shock

3332922c94ce4f2db653570d4d741093_90957.png

Wilderness Stalker
Type: Cunning Hero
Abilities: Stalk, Ambush, Evasion, Bladestorm

Notable Members

Picture
Description
b19fec65c2c83ab03102774ea8e83e24_90955.png

Durotan
Title: Chieftain of the Frostwolf Clan
Type: Outrider

4abdb4d26208601608fda5c1a3df083b_90954.png

Far Seer Drek'thar
Title: Chief Shaman of the Frostwolf Clan
Type: Elder Shaman

Level 3
I got to admit, when I looked at your progress of chapters, I was thinking you will never finish this project. After some time I saw your tech-tree races and Then I realize that you want to be 100% original. The only thing I got to say is DAMN IT, THIS IS AWESOME. I'm sure this is going to be great project and thanks for making it :D
Just a short question: Is this going to follow story exactly "Rise of the Horde", or are you going to add your own elements into the story?

Level 12
I got to admit, when I looked at your progress of chapters, I was thinking you will never finish this project. After some time I saw your tech-tree races and Then I realize that you want to be 100% original. The only thing I got to say is DAMN IT, THIS IS AWESOME. I'm sure this is going to be great project and thanks for making it :D
Just a short question: Is this going to follow story exactly "Rise of the Horde", or are you going to add your own elements into the story?

It'll be finished alright... Even if it takes a long time, I'll find a way to finish it. As for the story line, I'd really love to mix up the story and add my own personal flavor into the story but nahh. I'd prefer sticking to the original. Plus Im a lore addict and I most of the time contradict any ideas that aren't lore wise xD

EDIT: Now that I've thought about it, I might add a little mix ups here and there.. but not using my own lore. Gonna use WoD's. Im gonna be using places they just added in WoD and units that weren't around originally like the Ogre Mage and Ogron.

It will be exactly follow the book..

You got that right :)

Will I see footage of Draka?

Of course. Draka played a key role in this story and I wont just discard her character though I wont reveal pictures of her until the final release.

It will look better if you change a little Durotan. He looks same as Outrider, put him some better shoulders, change the weapon, not just head.

Maybe sometime in the future if I've got time I'll find a way to mix him up a bit but right now Im moving on to other more important things :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUST AN ANNOUNCEMENT:
THE HORDE TECH-TREE IS FULLY DONE. IT IS HEAVILY BASED ON THE ORIGINAL TECH-TREE WITH SOME REPLACED UNITS AND A FEW NEW ONES SUCH AS THE SPEARMAN, WARBRINGER, VULTURE, WARLOCK, NECROLYTE, AND BLACK SHAMAN. IMAGES WILL BE COMING SOON.

MEANWHILE THE OGRE TECH-TREE IS ALMOST DONE. JUST TWEAKING UP THE STATS ON THE BUILDINGS AND FIGURING OUT WHICH SPELLS TO USE ON THE HEROES. ALL THE UNITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE UPGRADES AND SPELLS ARE DONE. THIS RACE HAS REALLY EXPENSIVE UNITS WITH POWERFUL ATTACK DAMAGE, HIGH HIT POINTS AND CHEAP ARMOR. THEY ALSO HAVE CHEAP BUT WEAK BUILDINGS AND MOSTLY STRENGTH HEROES. IMAGES WILL COME AFTER A WEEK OR TWO.

NEW UPDATE:

LOADING SCREENS HAVE BEEN TESTED AND WORK. CURRENTLY WORKING ON
THE TRIGGERS ON THE PROLOGUE. SCREENSHOTS OF THE UNITS AND THE FIRST CINEMATIC
WILL BE POSTED SOON ALONG WITH THE CHAPTER NAMES.

Last edited:
Level 12

FINISHED THE ARAKKOA EXILES TECH-TREE.

Arakkoa Unit-list

Tier 1

Tier 2

Heroes

Notable Members

Tier 1

Picture
Description
bd9e83af37c5fed19d5b3dc0a464852c_95281.png