• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Creating new heros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
First off, what I have planned to do is add an extra hero to every race (to make a total of 5 heros, the original 4 plus the new one; This will be a Frozen Throne map). The hero will be a custom created hero, directly bought from the altar as a normal hero, and each race will still be limited to 3 heros maximum at tech level 3 as normally.

What I've done so far is created one extra hero for Human so far, added it to the Altar of Kings (under 'Techtree - Units Trained'). Then I listed the hero under 'Gameplay Constants' --> 'Techtree - Dependency Equivalents - Hero' to make it so that when you train this custom hero, it goes towards you hero cap (you only may have three heros trained at once).

Everything works up perfectly to this point except one issue. When I go to train the hero by clicking the icon on the Altar the train icon for that specific hero is suppose to disappear, but instead dims out. This allows the player when reaching tech level two to train the hero again of the same type. But I want it to function as a normal hero (only one of the same type, regardless of tech level).

I've decided to make some quick pictures of the problem I am having, just for clarity:

1.JPG - This is picture of a normal hero train button highlighted.
2.JPG - This is a picture of a normal hero clicked and in training. The old train button has completely disappeared; this is what I want to occur.
3.JPG - This is a picture of the train button of the hero I created highlighted.
4.JPG - This is a picture of my custom hero in training, but the button still exists for training when I reach tech level two; I want the button to completely disappear instead.

Any help or suggestions regarding this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

-Q3DM17er

Level 2
Not working :(

Warnicro said:
you should add the unit to a max of 1

I can't seem to find this value, is it under the the Object Editor? Is it under the hero itself, or the altar? Are you talking about the value "Stats - Stock Maximum" under the Object Editor for the hero? Before, I tried to set this value to "1", but didn't help at all; afterall, the value it is set to for all other normal heros is "3". I think this value only applies to shops and the alike.

-Q3DM17er

Level 2
Many Thanks!

Insane llama said:
Your hero is a kid...cool!

Thanks. :)

Panto said:
There is a trigger action to limit the training of a specific unit-type to a number; you want to use it to limit training of your hero unit-type to 1.

This fixed it! Thanks a lot for the help! :)

-Q3DM17er

Status
Not open for further replies.