1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Rise of the Horde

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Hardtime, Oct 9, 2014.

1. youness

youness

Resources:
    Resources:
    U could give it to the vandicator ,is it à Draenei right?

Is à ability that could make unit slow.
    And hardtime, i think u need to show us the models that u r going to use. From it we could make à good spells for every unit.
    For the unit of Frostwolves just leave it to me.

2. Ragnoras

Ragnoras

Resources:
    Resources:
    ive seen only vindicators that uses hammers;axes and swords

3. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    AS REQUESTED, images of the Draenei models were added BUT they are NOT OPEN for DISTRIBUTION so DO NOT ASK unless you're part of the official modding team. The team has also been closed with the addition of youness as the AI editor, yousef as the triggerer, and Zzonehardy as a minor-triggerer and a tech-tree balancer. The team is still waiting for the addition of Imperator as a terrainer after he is done with his contest and possibly Ragnoras as an AI editor for some campaign battles. As of late, we're almost done with the Draenei tech-tree, when we're done with that, we'll be able to start up on the cinematics, other maps, and tech-tree.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: As of Oct 26 to 28 I will be on vacation at a province leaving my computer behind with all the resources needed for the project though I will still instruct the team on what to do because I will be taking my laptop with me.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  4. andreariona

andreariona

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just notice about this project of yours, looks like a very interesting draenor themed campaign. I'd be looking forward for it, good luck! :)

5. NelsonLaJe

NelsonLaJe

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    HMMMMMM looks pretty interesting.. I intend to follow the project :D
    There is something about the army of Horde?

6. Wolffman

Wolffman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, as a lover of Orcs, and the Orcish Clans, I would love to lend a helping hand in ideas or anything for this. It looks really promising, and I'd like to get involved in any way I can. Either way, Good luck with this Hardtime :D

7. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    So... I have exams, so Im pretty much just gonna post images of the models for the next few days since not much work is gonna be done while I study heh.

8. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sounds awesome! I also like the theme.

9. NelsonLaJe

NelsonLaJe

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If some time you need ideas for tech-tree. I like to help :D

10. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    not sure if i subscribe here already or not == whatsoever

Working on the Wolf Kennel
    Picture
    [​IMG]

11. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks good, Hayate. But how are spikes supporting a roof?

12. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    :\ not sure :p gonna fix that then

13. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I suggest support columns take their current place, and they be moved outwards.

14. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, I really hope to see this finished. I have few questions about your tech-tree, but I am going to wait to see their spells first (I hope you are going to release them) !
    Btw, you need to have 2 flyers per race !

15. Wolffman

Wolffman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, we're discussing it and we have a few plans, hopefully they work out well. As soon as Hardtime gets back we can know for sure..

16. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not exactly true. The Chimaera will be very powerful BECAUSE it is the only flyer. We won't be releasing the spells because listing all of them is such a hassle.

17. youness

youness

Resources:
    Resources:
    How bout à giant werewolf in the Frostwolves clan.

18. Wolffman

Wolffman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    :vw_unimpressed: Ehh, Werewolves don't have any ties to the Frostwolf Clan, not to mention that they're aren't really any real things as Werewolves in Warcraft lore. There's Worgens though, but they're in another world entirely..
    So, it's not sensible to put Werewolves in the clan, just because they're named "Frostwolf" and have close ties to wolves..

19. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see that you are big fan of the Warcraft lore, as I am, so I am just going to express myself about your Draenei race, you don't need to listen to me !
    Majority of your model choices are great, but some of them are really strange?(unfitting).
    First that Shard Launcher needs some kind of texture update. Right now it is just purple, purple, and more purple whit a bit of pink... I think that is lame.. I know that main color of Draenei race is purple, but add something more.. life in it...
    That Soulpriest model is great, but it is just too HD for my tastes, especially as normal unit...
    Anchorite, is for me worst model here.. He just doesn't look like Draenei at all. Maybe add some tentacles or make him bulkier or something like that...
    Elekk? I am really confused whit this unit. If this unit has something whit Elekk Knight like Hypogriff and Archer has, than I am fine, but if they are just normal unit, that is really boring if you ask me...
    Whit Salamander I am 50/50. I know that Broken Draenei has them, but these Draeneis? I would like to hear your reasons for this unit. Is it maybe lack of models? (at least use that purple Salamander);
    I am still not sure about Chimaera, but I know that the biggest problem here is lack of flying units, so I am fine whit them.. Or use Rylaks maybe?
    Narru as hero? Hmmm, I am not sure how I feel about that. I mean they are peaceful units that doesn't want to harm anybody, but still...
    This was just my 2 cents, I hope you are not offended whit my comment, and I hope to hear you thoughts about this !
    Keep up whit the good work my friend !

20. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    Then provide the models yourself if you're not happy with this. I wont change a model nor will I change a unit. The tech-tree for this is done and it will be such a hassle to re-work some of it because of the balancing. And YES, I'm very close minded about this. Feel free to create your own list of units and heroes if you don't like mine though mine already has complete units, buildings, upgrades, spells, and items already.

Those Chimaeras were supposed to be called Rylaks but I ran out of motivation to look for a proper skin that would fit with the other models.

Do you have a better idea about the Hero? You DID completely forget that the Naaru played pivotal roles in this story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONE FEATURE I'D LIKE TO ANNOUNCE IS THE USE OF KNOWN ITEMS SUCH AS GOREHOWL, THE DOOMHAMMER, AND OTHERS AS ITEMS THROUGHOUT THE CAMPAIGN.