• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resident Evil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
oo thanks rage, do you think i should apply? or wait abit? cause its not 50% done yet =/ but i am going to continue updating and working on this :)

Oh and to the other guy, thats the date im doing some terrain testing with a few people to find pathing and vision bugs in certain areas :)

Level 5
Ah all right. Then yeah, hopefully I'll be ready for testing that stuff out.
~Craka_J

ok cool =] looks like its me you chainer and goldpanter =)

To that guy above me

Oh and to kofi banan, i uploaded a new screen, its nothing really special, its a bedroom on the 2nd floor, but i am quite proud of those walls ^.^

Hopefully some balcany shots soon :p

Level 25
Yet another breath-taking work of art by you, Red_Eyes. And I agree that the walls look awesome and remind me of a room in Resident Evil. I think it was one of the save rooms right? Speaking of which, will there be those little type-writters to save/load your progress at?

[Edit]:
I've started making the forum today, but I'll finish the rest of it tomorrow. I might change the skin of the forum soon as well. It's not much, for now at least, but it will serve a good purpose and I will try to fix it and moderate it as much as I can whenever I can.
Here is the link: http://s3.invisionfree.com/wc3re/
Should I change the URL to something like http://s3.invisionfree.com/wc3residentevil/ or leave it the way it is?
~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 5
Red, the 50% thing is mostly a guideline so we don't have every newbeginner project with 5% completion coming up and wanting to get hosted.

I think if you had a somewhat playable little bit of the map in the simplest way and a lot of things to showcase and discuss in the forum then you could get hosted.

Yet another breath-taking work of art by you, Red_Eyes. And I agree that the walls look awesome and remind me of a room in Resident Evil. I think it was one of the save rooms right? Speaking of which, will there be those little type-writters to save/load your progress at?

[Edit]:
I've started making the forum today, but I'll finish the rest of it tomorrow. I might change the skin of the forum soon as well. It's not much, for now at least, but it will serve a good purpose and I will try to fix it and moderate it as much as I can whenever I can.
Here is the link: http://s3.invisionfree.com/wc3re/
Should I change the URL to something like http://s3.invisionfree.com/wc3residentevil/ or leave it the way it is?
~Craka_J

I dont know which to do lol Oo
Nice site though craka

And rage, when i do some testing on 21st, it will be.. kinda playish, vision and pathing will only be there though, and stairs and stuff ofcourse. But no puzzles and zombies =/ not yet anyway

Level 5
Well so far there is the terrain, the vision system is pretty cool too, really makes the map more unique. You can explore the terrain easily.. stair triggers and stuff have been done :)
And chainer has done a fair bit with the shooting system.. but its not 100% done =/
What you think then?

Level 25
Glad to here you like what I've gotten done with the forum so far. I'm going to work on it a little bit right now, then I'll add the new screenshots you added to this thread to the website.

Getting hosted at the Hive Workshop would certainly increase the recognition of this map. Not by a lot, but a lot compared to it being a solo project, unhosted from any big modding communities.

[Edit]:
Oh and Chainer, once you register at the forum I'll make you an admin and give you the access/password to the private section of the forum.
~Craka_J

Level 5
Oh, well i dont think would work cause you would be doing it all the time..
Also the shooting system works as you equip a gun, then you click fire and select anywhere, and the guy will shoot that direction till you do anything, then he will stop, or if you run out of ammo

Level 8
Also the shooting system works as you equip a gun, then you click fire and select anywhere, and the guy will shoot that direction till you do anything, then he will stop, or if you run out of ammo

Do you mean if you fire and click your guy will keep shooting there? or will he just shoot once untill u fire again? Btw I haven't forgot about this forum =)
I'm liking your guy's ideas but i think another idea for the knife could be to throw it at the target and do damage a shadow strike maybe? throws it at him and then he takes initial damage and bleeds for a bit and where you throw the knife at the knife object is on the ground to pick back up.

Level 12

Yea I only meant for the knife, guns would just work how you said.

Last edited:
Level 5
Perhaps, an ability will appear instead of the fire icon, when you equip the knife, except knife wont take an inventory slot, it will be on other abilities, and when you press it(simple hotkey would go nicely..) your guy attacks with the knife infront of him?

Level 25
Yeah that sounds just about right. Melee damage seems to do a lot of damage as well, like braking zombie's necks, stomping their face in (If they're grasping your ancle), and stabbing it in the face ought to do the trick as well. This also leads to a question of mine: Can zombies grab you, forcing you to have to press a special key to retaliate?
~Craka_J

Level 25
Hell yeah it would! I'd also make me laugh my ass off when a new player to the game first plays Resident Evil with me and gets grabbed and has no idea how to retaliate, leading to him dying within the first three minutes of the game. :smile:
~Craka_J

Ofcourse some sort of text should flash when you would have to press a series of action keys. I think that would be a fun way of having a sort of minigame feature, like each time you get grabbed it is esentially a minigame and you have to react quickly pressing some certain keys to get out of the grib of the zombie.

If anyone has played the newly released version of Tomb Raider 1 they know what I am talking about!

Level 12
Have it like Dota Pudge, 'Dimember'.

Where they grab you and start 'eating' into you, with lots of blood sprays.
If you could get some decent sounds could be done very nicely.

Eating Frezny sound
Screaming Sound

Level 5
Wow, very nice idea! and i think its possible too! =)
So, a zombie is going to attack you, when hes clsoe enough he grabs you, bites you for abit, as your stunned, then when done he gets thrown back a bit. A slight problem though, say theres more than 1 next to you, you could end up not being able to do anything cause 1 bites you, then the other..

Also i like the idea of having to press keys to fight them off, would be really cool :) not quite sure though, by keys.. it would end up as like, hotkeys for abilities you cant see?

Level 5
well i was thinking of shackles.. an actual stun would be bad cause you couldnt press a button to escape out like..
i been thinking maybe.. when your attacked and your being biten abit, you use hotkey of some ability, which has a % chance to not the zombie off you, so youll take less damage. ofcourse if the % dont work youll have to wait a second to use it again, so youll take more damage..
If your stunned.. you cant use an ability..

By the way im just saying, Emergenzy seems to have gone missing for quite some time now..
Anyone up for making us a door model? credits will be given ofcourse
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Posting a request might be the best way to attract the attention of a modeller. Or perhaps get ahold of Chriz. as I think he is a Resident Evil fan and took notice of this project and seemed to like it. So making something as small as this shouldn't take up that much of his time, so who knows, he might accept the request, but then again he does specificly ask people not to contact him about requests :p

Level 4
eep jsut liek to say smething to the zombie grabbing

say trigger is called zombie grab

it would work if you put trigger saying if zombie grab = true ignore rest of actions. then wait - certain time. before trigger can be used again on the same person or something.

so it wouldnt keep stacking on each other

also the kicking off etc

random number between say 1-10 = 10

must use kick zombie (hotkey x) 10 times within (certain time) to kick off

something like that ^^

entangling roots sounds the best just with diff animations / sound effects as you can still cast while in entangle at least i think lol XD

what about the snake wrapping around you ? or only if u die are you gonig to use that ?

slicing through you by the green hunter guys etc etc just questions :p

Status
Not open for further replies.