• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Huh? You mean black-textured interface or conversation system or...? Maybe show pic and ask. ;D

Btw: Filse size is not problem. (This is problem on Battle.net.) Your friends can download big-size map and play together via LAN

The conversation system, that is what I meant, it's also very original.

I didn't know you could download over 8 mb on LAN, but I knew about the restrictions for Battle.net.

try it, it will give you an error saying that map is too large... only single player mode lets you play maps without file size limit...

anyway, it has nothing to do with this map anymore as Goris said that this is definitely single player... I hope he gets it done in that two months so it will be a nice Christmas present...

Level 4
Oh sorry. xC I was pretty sure, Wc3 LAN can handle more than 8 mb. ;F

xRiotZx said:
The conversation system, that is what I meant, it's also very original.

It's just cinematic mode with a black textured background and edges + enabled user control (arrow keys). Sentences are just a text (strings). On one of the earlier pages I posted part of the code.

Level 22
Oh sorry. xC I was pretty sure, Wc3 LAN can handle more than 8 mb. ;F

It's just cinematic mode with a black textured background and edges + enabled user control (arrow keys). Sentences are just a text (strings). On one of the earlier pages I posted part of the code.

Yeah, I just meant the color effect, I know how you did the dialogue selection with the arrow keys.

Btw, are you a guy or girl, because I don't know which pronoun to use when referring to you in past tense lol.

Level 16
I thought you were a guy for sure! for some reason you gave me guy vibes, it was the opposite for the guy I thought was a girl.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am so stupid! This is the first time I heard of the LAN, Battle.net. limitations. This will cause problems to my project. :goblin_boom: :goblin_boom: :goblin_boom:

Level 5
Heh... yes I am a girl. Certainly, on Hive are few like me, hehe. ;)

Well... that's a suprise. Just like the whole project's quality lol. I wouldn't think that a girl can get involved so much into modding.

You really have awesome ways to astonish people here.

Level 16
response

Well, I'm not that surprised. Her avatar, her addiction to lore, the female character, the whole design, her replies/words... I don't know. I felt deep down that she's female, but I did not wanted to ask her.
I had the same feeling about another person on the hive and it turned out to be a guy.
As a matter of fact Goris is working hard on her project probably the hardest around here and that's something to be proud of.
I can't believe she's working alone on such a masive thing. I'm working alone to but I'm at my limits so I seek some help.

Amazing

Level 12
oh my god... so
G_G i ... was... talking... about the "death" thing..
errrr .-.

i feel weird right now
but i can see whrer your talent came from :x

Level 16
I personally think that getting agitated over the copyright law is kinda stupid as it doesn't even apply well on community sites like hive. The law is more concerned about using resources from other games in your own selfish gain, it is illegal to use material from other copyright users and sell them or make a game you want to profit from. There is nothing wrong in using resources frome copyright owner if it's for artistic and fun purposes on a community site if he approves of course. Besides most resources here aren't eve ripped from other games and even if they are they still undergo lots of alterations. There might be some owner that may get a little angry for the usage of their resources but I doubt anyone will find out or even care about it.

Nevertheless adding credits is the right thing to do in this situation!
And I don`t realy see too many rips in Goriss work.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe you should make a list, I sure did!

the copyright thingy is more about its real world implications, not its implication on the hive... It depends on the owner of those resources... it can even be that the fact that someone edited it is what they will be charging about... but I do hope that they won't...

as for this getting approved if it is uploaded on the maps section will depend on the moderators views...

anyway, lets stop this talk, I think all of us here wants to play this...

and btw, I was also surprised to know that Goris is a woman...

Level 3
Ok I keep reading people posting about "are you crediting for models or characters and shit that you "stole" from other games. Let's be honest here... Goris may have characters that look similar to characters from another game, however, she stated that she remade the models in other words she retextured them completely. And changed animations ect ect. As for the copyright issue, last I checked Goris wasn't "selling" anything therefore the copyright issue won't be in effect with this. Some of you people need to read first before you comment on anything. Thank you =). Goris I'm looking forward to you finishing this and would love to play it keep it going!!

Level 16
Yes, it is. If you buy a game, export a model from it, use it and note it in the creditlist, that this model is from X game, then it's obviously theft. Oh, and we're the retared ones, becasue we don't call everyone else retarded without any reason.

Level 4
Hmn.. ok. Let's make a list:

1. Witch model (In this model, the quality, animations and number of poly is much lower than that original from L4D, but ok, let's call it rip).
  2. Few models from WoW (The so-called lesser of two evils) ( => Dog, zombie, few runes and stones).

That's all?

I see that it's enough to call people retarded.

Level 12
So you guys and hive, still think that blizzard cares to what we are doing with this models? specialy on WARCRAFT 3
there is no more space to wc3 on blizzcon dude
omg this is so **ing @@ed, grow up both of you.
what about blizzard new DotA and **?

now go all @@ @@ ktnx
@Goris dont worry about those users, just finish your project and make some forum that u can post to downlaod as a Wc3 MOD :)

@Gausslander
plz click here @php?do=logout&logouthash=1319338527-ae605038a5dcad4f774d620e334efe0687d8e184

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 7
To be honest the time that someone gets sued for making a wc3 map including ripp'd models will be the day that wc3 gets much more fame and the company that does it gets serious ridicule. I mean it's like a public notice saying-- "Oh gosh I can't compete with these moders who are often just teenagers with nothing better to do."o_O

But it's more a part of the site's policy( or other sites policies) that they would not want to host a map that contains ripped models because they are more worried about sueing a site for allowing that submission.

Last edited:
Level 16
LIST
1. Ok that's enough of the copyright talk.
2. I regret ever posting it.
3. blizzard doesn't care.
4. WoW models are allowed now, don't think you need to put credits.
5. Nice lists resolve anything!
6. No One here is retarded!
7. Goris, I REALLY LIKE YOU!
END OF LIST
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revenge is bad for your health!
Smoke weed instead
210613-albums5078-picture52004.png

Level 4
The first map, which will come out (Requiem - Perdition In Dark), will be fully embedded in the Death World.

tobyfat50 said:
7. Goris, I REALLY LIKE YOU!

Oh, thanks. Probably you said it 10 times already. ;D

Btw: If someone wants to support project and have signature with piece of my photoshoped face, there is a new signature. ;D

[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/requiem-192294/][IMG]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1932/unled6lq.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
Level 12
actualy there was one @@ but nvm.

so goris, in how many parts the map ?
i mean it will have any expasion futurer?

Level 4
actualy there was one @@ but nvm.

so goris, in how many parts the map ?
i mean it will have any expasion futurer?

• The first will be a prologue (Requiem - Perdition In Dark) (quite long, because the game will take about 4-5 hours).
  • Later -> the original Requiem.

Btw: I have ready plot for Requiem 2 and 3. ;D
Everything is based on the saga of my old, scary stories. ;P

Level 22
The first map, which will come out (Requiem - Perdition In Dark), will be fully embedded in the Death World.

Oh, thanks. Probably you said it 10 times already. ;D

Btw: If someone wants to support project and have signature with piece of my photoshoped face, there is a new signature. ;D

[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/requiem-192294/][IMG]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1932/unled6lq.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Wow, you look really hot. C:

Level 14
You people are @@ed. It's still theft, whether you're selling it or not.

Anything can be object of thievery from ideas to actuall objects, but not everything is under the jurisdiction of law when it is not in harm of the owner. Goris won't sell her map, she won't write books and sellable materials on it. Besides by downloading custom models you "steal" potential to convert it into your game/map/terrain or whatever. Tons of games get ideas from giants like blizzard, capcom etc. , there are "skins" on popular aos games that resemble or are complete coppy of designs from world of warcraft ( check league of legends - leaguecraft skin section for example) and as far as I am informed blizzard is ok with that.
Learn the laws before calling people @@ed....because you know, that is @@ed.

p.p.LEAVE GORIS (BRITNEY) ALONE!

Level 48
It's not so much the actual thievery that I'm concerned about. I just really dislike your denying of it, Goris. The Worgen female, for instance, is obviously from WoW. As is possibly the bear. I don't know where you got the rest of the models, but it's not hard to believe you stole them from various other games.
Either way; The project still looks amazing, so I wish you all the best luck and hope to one day play through it.

EDIT: The lich talking to your main character also looks like it's from WoW. I don't even want to know where you got your character from. The moth as well; Looks like a WoW model. Gazzles\deer, too. The barkeeper golem is DEFINITELY from WoW.
I don't know where you're getting all of those models, but if they come from a specific Russian website which's name I'm not allowed to post here, then I'd like to let you know that many of the seemingly genuine models there are actually rips or edited rips from other games. Sometimes it's really hard to distinguish between a genuine, user-made model and a game rip.

Level 4
The Worgen female, for instance, is obviously from WoW. As is possibly the bear.

Oh...shit. Very old screenshots. Many WoW models has been replaced, and many has been retextured (for example bear). But WoW models are allowed, so why are you talking again about it?

Some models are downloaded for free form servers like turbosquid. Free models can be fully edited so, ok. Many others like walls, stones, doors etc. are my work. (Made in Milkshape)

@Lordkoon:

"Britney"? ;D

Level 4
I don't get why you couldn't just download stuff from WC3 Campaigns and the Hive. WC3C has an epic hi-res pack.

I use Born²Modificate's HR pack too. But I use a lot of self-made doodads, because, Requiem have own graphic style.

Oh well. I'd like to see some new screenies then.

On all pages of this topic are screenshots. In total there are about 30, so... so. ;D

PS: turbosquid*

Level 12
sorry about this all off topic thing but.
SERIOUSLY are you guys from scars of conflict fucking retarded?
let me ask you something, are you guys ragin because of all your project models was maded by scrath, and are talking shit about models here?
if not, plz just gtfo here bro, wake up omg

or grow up and post somethig useful ok?
======================================
Goris, what do you thing about that?
65122_700b%20copy.jpg

Level 12
Hahah. ;D That's a good one. ;)

//What kind of filter or program you used?

i used my old buddy photoshop cs3
1 get some internet 'bro fist' results
2 copy ur pic
3 cut with magic wand
4 edit
5 post here
6 oh wait

there is it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.