• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ability / Skill system. An early stage, but it exist. ;D
Most things are generated by the trigger. New ability like items in inventory system can be add very easily. Need to make descriptions. Of course everything is controled by mouse.

Click on image, to see the game view.

77168119.jpg

Level 22
Nah, it really isn't if you're familiar with JASS :)

BTW cool system, when I saw the picture for a second I thought that "II" means pause, I was like wut?

It's easy to do in GUI... You just need units underneath the filter that can be selected, and the selection event can then be detected.

Otherwise it wouldn't do anything. Unless you used Right-Click detection with Custom Script... Which I cease to see how that would work anyway.

Level 15
No, no I personally would have done it with arrow keys though, and a dummy unit for controls... But mouse works better I suppose, just harder to make.

You dont need JASS at all for mouse control of this type, you can also do it with dummy units, but I admit that with JASS it's really another thing, as when clicking a dummy unit the UI reacts even if for a mere moment, while with trackables it can really give the feeling of a cool hardcoded UI ;)

Right click detection -> check a dummy unit's order ^^

Level 16
If you create a new class for those buttons, create a linked list, check whether the dummy unit of the current instance is selected or not every 0.3125 seconds and fire the right functions, then it's barely (or not) visible that it's a unit (that's the way DGUI works, but it uses a stack, which is slower than a linked list). But hell, it's quite slow, because... because JASS is slow (compared to real programming languages)

Level 15
That's why I'm working on stand-alone :D C# pwns, especially on WP7 and iPhone (well, iPhone uses Objective C not C#, but its close) as they have in-build framework (hell .NET Framework uses up a lot of power on a cumputer as it's a virtual machine which translates C# to C, which is then translated to BASIC, which is then to assembly xD)

Back to the topic: the system looks awesome, however I miss some of the tree-ness of it ^^

Level 11
And yet impossible if you're planning on using trackables, which is actually a better solution considering it has on hover events. BTW the combination of units and trackables is godlike, because it gives you hover, left and right click events.

Wrong. Because the mouse can only trigger one layer. Means if you have a unit laying over a trackable, you won't trigger the trackable, but can left/right click the unit. If the Trackable is over the unit, mouse over and click will work, but you won't be able to select the unit at all.

Level 11
Sure, as long as the clickable unit is not in front/above the trackable, cause you can only click the first/on top layer of objects.

And for trackables left and right click are the same. So if the trackable overlays the unit, you won't be able to click the unit. Only way is to drag/select via mass selection frame(the green rectangle), but that will select all units in the area.

Level 4
Despite the subject matter, project is not dead. ;D

Currently I'm working on daytime effects (so far, was the only night), blur effects, some new shadows, enemy balance and battle system. Today or tomorrow I'm going to share some news.

Btw: Map weight reduced by 59 mb. ^^

Level 4
To keep the thread alive, a small update:

Just finished the conversation system for whole map. ;)

It is true, only one thing which is missing is the text, but relax, I have everything set on paper what each sentence will do. ;)

In game after complete quests or other things like that, tigger will change the number of the actual conversation algorithm. At this time, there is 32 algorithms assigned to the simple variable integers.
When you activate conversation (press F), trigger will check the active number and activate the the correct algorithm of conversation. After the completion, usually "algorithm 0" will be activated, with basic features and questions.

And this system can handle max 6 sentences, what is enough, i think.

Very simple, isn't it? ;)

===============
Btw: Added some sounds (our character talks now), 3d sounds (fireplace, etc.) and daytime lighting (look previous screenshot).

Level 4
140 MB, sounds like you'll have to boot the map and wait roughly 12 hours for the lobby to load, then another 8 for the game to start.

If your 12 hours = 3-4 seconds, and your another 8 hours on loading screen =
15-20 seconds... then yes, you're right. xF

But I remember from school, that seconds ≠ hours. xC

Edit:
As I said before: Only saving map in WE (No game) take about 1 minute.

Level 22
If your 12 hours = 3-4 seconds, and your another 8 hours on loading screen =
15-20 seconds... then yes, you're right. xF

But I remember from school, that seconds ≠ hours. xC

Edit:
As I said before: Only saving map in WE (No game) take about 1 minute.

No way it loads in 20 seconds, Curse of Time, (one of the crappiest maps ever) takes a minute to load... You must have a 4 ghz quad core lol.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Map size has nothing to do with map loading time; you'd know it yoruself if you knew a thing about WC3 triggers & object editor data.

You took my words :O
Approved! xD

Basically, the number of triggers in map is also slightly connected with loading time - not just the trigger size.
Adding tons of music, which takes a lot of file size, will not change loading time in map, thus a map with 140 MBs can be loaded quickly.

Level 16
Basically, the number of triggers in map is also slightly connected with loading time - not just the trigger size.

That's only if you use GUI triggers (or JASS ones because you must have a init func inside each trigger if you're using vanilla WE); they all create their handle part (which we, JASSers call triggers) and run their initializer functions. By using vJASS you can merge a lot of triggers into one, single and long trigger, thus reducing the amount of functions needed to be executed at map init, reducing the loading time.

Level 22
Map size has nothing to do with map loading time; you'd know it yoruself if you knew a thing about WC3 triggers & object editor data.

Do you have some sort of problem with me?

1. Triggers contribute to map size,
2. Object Editor entries contribute to map size,
3. Triggers that take longest to boot up (which are usually inits or run on 0.00), always slow load speed, whether it's inside the map, or on the loading screen.

Map size has a very large amount of things to do with load time. A map like Gaia's Retaliation takes a while to be loaded after you select it for hosting.

I know as much or more about mapping in its entirety than most mods, I've been at it for 4 years.

@Goris: Does it take long for the game to initialize once it's started?

Level 16
Do you have some sort of problem with me?

Why would I? I don't even know you.

1. Triggers contribute to map size,
2. Object Editor entries contribute to map size,
3. Triggers that take longest to boot up (which are usually inits or run on 0.00), always slow load speed, whether it's inside the map, or on the loading screen.

Map size still doesn't have a thing to do with loading time. Yes, triggers (actually the amount of fired functions and not triggers, but it's cool) and object editor data have, but not map size. Well, even my map's script is 3,2 MBytes long (uncompressed), and it's 62652 lines long and has 511 custom abilities, 117 custom units and 90 custom buffs. The loading time is... hmm, 5 seconds?

So actually the loading time can be 20 seconds, I'm sure that 138 from the 140 MBytes is custom model and texture, which DO NOT increase the loading time. That's all I wanted to point out; maybe I was a lil bit harsh, but that happens to me quite often, don't take it personally.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Lols you 2.

A map filled with triggers and object data cannot be really bigger than 2 MBs, so you have, Riot, completely changed the theme lol
It's Import Editor that increases size of the map, but has nothing to do with loading time.

Back to topic:
I don't know who said it, but I agree, why is it so dark (black and white) in map?

Level 15
Well I think map size actually counts... After a certain point. If your map has to load those (an example) 800MB-s of models, it will actually slow it down a bit, though not to an annoying point (well, do not try to run a map greater than your total RAM, but for this to exist you have either a bad PC or a map with half of WoWs models ^^)

Level 4
I posted in first post too. And that's not all.

systemso.png
[c]
?
[r]

Shooting System[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Ammunition + Reloading[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Conversation System[c]
iconhalfcopy.png
[r]

Gem Crafting System[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Custom Ammunition Crafting System[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Camera System 360° + zoom[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Item Pick Up[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Storage System[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Bagpack System[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Barricade Making System[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Party System[c]
iconhalfcopy.png
[r]

Weapon Incantation[c]
iconhalfcopy.png
[r]

Inventory System[c]
iconhalfcopy.png
[r]

Abilities System + Primary / Secondary Abilities[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Searching System (Objects)[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Searching System (Corpses)[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

[NEW] Holding Door[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Battle System[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Main Menu[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Weapon Change[c]
iconhalfcopy.png
[r]

Text Damage Show System[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Text Used Ability Name Show System[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Armor Penetration System[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Armor Protecting System[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Weapon Damage System[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Repair System[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

cinematics.png
[c]
?
[r]

[NEW] Intro[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Cutscene 1[c]
iconhalfcopy.png
[r]

Cutscene 2[c]
iconhalfcopy.png
[r]

Cutscene 3[c]
iconhalfcopy.png
[r]

Cutscene 4[c]
iconhalfcopy.png
[r]

Cutscene 5[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Cutscene 6[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Cutscene 7[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Cutscene 8[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Cutscene 9[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Cutscene 10[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Cutscene 11[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Cutscene 12[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Ending Movie[c]
iconhalfcopy.png
[r]

qustes.png
[c]
?
[r]

Quest 1[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Quest 2[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Quest 3[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Quest 4[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Quest 5[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Quest 6[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Quest 7a[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Quest 7b[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Quest 7c[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Quest 8[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Quest 9[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Quest 10[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Quest 11[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Quest 12a[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Quest 12b[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Quest 13[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Quest 14[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

Quest 15[c]
close_icon_small.png
[r]

sounds.png
[c]
?
[r]

Main Character Sounds[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Monsters Sounds[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Movement Sounds[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Combat Sounds[c]
iconhalfcopy.png
[r]

Alarm Siren[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Recorded Dialogs[c]
iconhalfcopy.png
[r]

Full Music Soundtrack[c]
iconhalfcopy.png
[r]

otherp.png
[c]
?
[r]

Player Interface[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

Wanna beer?[c]
iconTrue.png
[r]

[NEW] Adwanced AI[c]
iconhalfcopy.png
[r]
[r]

Last edited:
Level 14
It seems you make a giant progress... I really should visit your project thread more often than currently. I still can't wait to finally play it. keep up the good work btw. the "Wanna beer?" thing makes me laugh because currently I want beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.