• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Yea, but if you had such a huge project and you had programming experience, considering how much easier it can be to code things in vJASS, you'd definitely use it. As far as I know you are not a member of any projects right now and you're simply not interested in learning it; but Goris would have a proper reason to do it :)

That's just my opinion tho'; I might be mistaken.

Level 4
I understand vJASS codes, but I don't know whether I could write efficient system by using this. I didn't learn vJASS/JASS. Only I have read a mass of tutorials, and myself I discovered what each function does. I am going to learn the Galaxy. ;)

Stand alone game? It's my dream to make such thing someday. :D But I have only a modest knowledge of C++ and Pascal. :( (Yes, need practice)

Sometimes let's say... I "test" Unreal Engine for fun, discovering features and options, but somehow I don't have the materials (models for example), people and the time to make stand alone games using this engine.

IMO, using GUI you can do almost the same as in JASS, only need to combine, and I like to combine. :p

Level 24
One thing I dont understand is that you've set 11/18 quests as completed and yet you claim only 15% of all quests are completed even though it's clearly more then 60%.

Level 5
Awesome map :goblin_jawdrop: i couldn't belive it is able to make something like this in world editor :D but when you've posted triggers I changed my mind... great work. I can't wait to play it!... Stand Alone Requiem <3

Polska Górą!

Level 4
Polska Górą!

Górą! :D No tak, kolejny rodak na Hive. :)

==============================

I added new options to main menu, as the sensitivity of the camera (the degrees of rotation/Arrow key), and Camera Far Z (Min 1725, max 3500), which decreases the quantity of objects on the horizon, which may improve performance for old PCs.

Level 14
holy. this project totally isn't looks like for wc3 anymore, but more likely a pro well-made game. looking by how many high-poly stuff that you use, even 145 MB is worth it.

you did alot of effort on this and I wish you a big good luck for this project! ;D

Level 5
Well, that's a lot of improvement you made so far. I count on you now, since I belive that you're the person who can actually get things done. Have you posted any video of some functions or anything else during the time when I didn't visit the forums(say 4 months)?

On the other hand, I wouldn't recommend anyone to try and make something serious with unreal engine, unless you're supremous programmer. Look what APB:R became with that engine, almost unplayable due to lots of crashes, partial compatibility with 32 bit OS and some problems with realtek Scards. But as I said, if you're a good programmer - it's all up to you. I know you're busy with the W3 mod, but I don't really think you'll stop making mods or anything related to games after you're done with Requiem. Im pretty sure people would join you if you decided to make something bigger than W3 mod.

Im glad that someone who comes from Poland makes such great progress so far. I'd say something in Polish but I don't think it's necessary.
Waiting for any news.

Best regards.

Level 5
(...)Im pretty sure people would join you if you decided to make something bigger than W3 mod. (..)

I'd be really glad and happy if i can help you with anything, even little in any of your projects, not only W3 ofc. if I'll be able to help, and I think there are a lot of people out there that feel same :)

Last edited:
Level 4
PastTime said:
Have you posted any video of some functions or anything else during the time when I didn't visit the forums(say 4 months)?

I uploaded only a sample of conversation system in Spells, but it should be remaked for multiplayer, but not now :)

The priority is to find a good model animator.

The webpage will be very useful, Midnighters. I'll apprise you.
MooNek, say what you want to do, then maybe I'll find a job for you.

Thank you that you offer your help.

Level 1
I uploaded only a sample of conversation system in Spells, but it should be remaked for multiplayer, but not now :)

The priority is to find a good model animator.

The webpage will be very useful, Midnighters. I'll apprise you.
MooNek, say what you want to do, then maybe I'll find a job for you.

Thank you that you offer your help.

If only I would be a good animator. You have my full support for this project! Cheers!

Level 12
Hey Goris, why does the Quest 12b is finished while the Quest 12a was not?

He does not do things from 1 to 10. He does things randomly, you should look at the the map's Cutscenes: He finished ending movie, before he did other cutscenes before it, because he can do it that way. Quests/Cinematics don't need to be done in order, because they might not be connected, or some other reason.

Level 4
Most of these weapons are the effect of the Death World's discharge. More about this will be described in storyline description. Each of them has + and -. In fact, with the possibility of upgrade, each of them is equal. Balancing is not yet finished. Character can have max 2 weapons in inventory.

Untitled-_rxswrex.jpg
Rusted Shovel
Primitive Two-Handed melee weapon

It can be improved by including additional elements, increasing its weight.
This shovel can used for robbing graves.

Can be repaired
Upgradeable

Damage (Melee): 16
Armor Penetration: 11.3
Max Range: Melee
Durability: 105 (Basic: 105)
Attack Speed: Very low
Critical hit chance: Low
Special abilities: Stun (14%)

Untitled-_rxswrsn.jpg
Pickaxe
Primitive One-Handed melee weapon

The Pickaxe is a small sharp bladed tool used to mine for ore and dig through rock.
It is found in caves and ruins where excavation is being done, and found in high numbers in mines.
It can be improved by including additional elements, increasing its weight. This pickaxe can used for robbing graves.

Can be repaired
Upgradeable

Damage (Melee): 11
Armor Penetration: 9.6
Durability: 75 (Basic: 105)
Attack Speed: Medium
Critical hit chance: Medium
Special abilities: Lesser stun (3%)

Jpgjpg_rxswrnp.jpg
Empire Longsword (Defective)
Two-Handed / One-Handed melee weapon

Most powerfull sword which you can find in the Death World (Beyond the Death-Dealer) and one of the more powerful and deadly in the real world. In Requiem Perdition in Dark it has no possibility to be repaired.
You can find it near the body of the frenzied Empire Soldier. However, it is very corrupt - Use it only to killing lightly armoured enemies. In Death World this sword doesn't have any of its magic abilities.

Can't be repaired
Upgradeable

Damage (Melee): 25
Armor Penetration: 13.1
Durability: 133 (Basic: 305)
Attack Speed: Low
Special abilities: Knockback

9gx9s.jpg
Stones
Primitive Two-Handed melee weapon / Primitive range weapon

It sometimes happens that you stay without any weapon. You can always use the stone, which is lying near you.
You can throw it, or use to fight in manually. Carrying bagpack increases
the maximum number of worn stones (4) to 11.

Damage (Range): 7
Damage (Melee): 10
Armor Penetration: 4.8
Max Range: 855
Durability: N/A
Attack Speed (Range): Medium
Attack Speed (Melee): High
Critical hit chance: High
The maximum number of stones: 4 (11)
Special abilities: Stone's throw

Untitled-_rxswrse.jpg
Sawn Off (Defective)
Range weapon

Very rare and powerfull weapon. Certain is that it was constructed (by unknown) from materials found
in the Death World. Penetrate most types of armor.
The design of ammo chamber and the arrangement of the barrel allows for fire almost everything, what is inside.

Can be repaired
Upgradeable

Damage (Range): 47 (original ammunition), 20 (crafted ammunition)
Armor Penetration: 22.4
Max Range: 600
Capacity: 2
Durability: 25 (Basic: 60)
Attack Speed: (Slow reloading speed)
Special abilities: Double Shot

isd1g.jpg
Lead Pipe
Primitive One-Handed melee weapon

The rusted, usual pipe. It can be improved by including additional elements, increasing its weight.

Can be repaired
Upgradeable

Damage (Melee): 9
Armor Penetration: 12.5
Durability: 290 (Basic: 290)
Attack Speed: High
Special abilities: Lesser melee block (5%), Lesser stun (3%)

fffjpg_rxswxeq.jpg
Dagger
One-Handed melee weapon

It can be improved by including additional elements, increasing its weight.

Can be repaired
Upgradeable

Damage (Melee): 4
Armor Penetration: 14.0
Durability: 120 (Basic: 120)
Attack Speed: Very High
Critical hit chance: High
Special abilities: Dagger's throw

MORE SOON

Last edited:
Level 4
This is true. All textures are desaturated (part of plot). Colorful screenshots are the oldest and were made under the very old plot schematic, when Death World wasn't in the plans.

This map will tell the story of the ordinary, average girl (in the end, not only superheroes dying :D). And all colours are desaturated. (in this map only). Real World have colours.

With this map (called Requiem - Perdition in Dark), which is a kind of prologue, you will learn something about the spoil (for example: black and white colours) and brutality of the Death World, from the perspective of an ordinary human. Yes, this is the horror map.

Btw: Most of these weapons are the effect of the Death World's discharge. More about this will be described in storyline description. Each of them has + and -. In fact, with the possibility of upgrade, each of them is equal. Balancing is not yet finished. Character can have max 2 weapons in inventory.

(*) Curiosity: The Unknown Dimension is black and blue. :)

DEADFiSH said:
I`m for Sawed-off Double Barreled Shotgun and Shovel for combat! :D

When I test map, usually take Sawn Off. Somethimes upgrade the stone's throw ability. :)
And yeah, shovel Rlz! xD

Level 16
I thought you used some advanced day and night model editing :S

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=114715

as you can see there, you could tint the color of objects/doodads/units that touches the light.

but i tried a lot making it black/white, yet no results,
so i expected you to have some ways that we dont know xD,

so apparently the scene is just black and white textures sadly :(

Sooo, the Shovel's main use is the digging of graves? Or will it be one of your first melee weapons in the Death World?

About the Pickaxe, it should have a lower stun chance than the Shovel. I just think it's fair because it attacks faster.

May I ask what the magical abilities of the Empire Longsword are?

And how ranged is the Dagger's Throw ability? It should be a AoE target spell, so it really depends on the accuracy of the player.

And, how fast do weapons degrade here? Also, what kind of elements can you attach to the weapons?

Sorry 'bout the questions; I'm just curious. :D

Level 4
indomitable1319 said:
Sooo, the Shovel's main use is the digging of graves? Or will it be one of your first melee weapons in the Death World?

Both.

indomitable1319 said:
About the Pickaxe, it should have a lower stun chance than the Shovel. I just think it's fair because it attacks faster.

It is. I should wrote the values in percentage. I copied the same line od text and forgot to change. Thanks.

indomitable1319 said:
May I ask what the magical abilities of the Empire Longsword are?

scaled.php

Originally sword is for magic-melee class.

indomitable1319 said:
And how ranged is the Dagger's Throw ability

Max 350. 45% to infilct critical hit. To pick up again, need to search target's body. If you miss, this should be lying on the ground. Range, critical hit chance and damage can be increased by character's accuracy, range weapon skills or talents.

indomitable1319 said:
It should be a AoE target spell, so it really depends on the accuracy of the player.

It is.

indomitable1319 said:
And, how fast do weapons degrade here?

It depends, which type of armour you hit or try to penetrate. If you fight with rock golem, low level, primitive item can be broken after 3 hits. In Death World, most of the opponents are unarmoured.

(*) Primitive weapon has negative bonuses to durability but it can be easily repaired.

indomitable1319 said:
Also, what kind of elements can you attach to the weapons?

Usually, by collecting various materials like pieces of wood, screws, nails, fabric. Somethimes, you can find a rune or power-up stone, but in but Requiem Perdition in Drak they are very rare. In workshop, in your cave (shelter), if you have the right tools (Hammer, cutter etc), you will get display of available upgrade options for a given item.

For example, you can replace the pickaxe stick with another one, with the better kind of wood (then you increase the durability of the weapon), or attach metal parts. Or... attach a sharp spike at the end of grip. Many possibilities. The main materials are Scraps of metal.

Last edited:
Level 4
When battle starts, the music changes on more dynamic. (Just remaked some buff, and one trigger checks, which enemy unit have this buff).

Hmn... combat? Yes, usually right-click. At the bottom of the screen you have a primary, secondary, etc abilities (you can determine what abilities are on the bar). Shooting and throwing are a AoE abilities. I think it's good, because I don't really know what control style during the fight would be better and more convenient. ;)

Level 4
Map size now is 127 mb. Just replaced some shit, too much sharp textures. In final version, it will be 90-100 mb.

New interface. Used space of hero portraits to make level up button and increase the number of ability slots from 4 to 6 by making inventory and skill tree buttons as hero portraits. And yes, another riddle in the background. xD

Hand = Use [E] (For opening/closing doors, take item)
Eye = Interact [F] (Requiers target) (For Search, examine, talk, other)

Btw: this new transparent spider web gives a nice effect. :) Texture from Google. Fire = desaturated Blizzard's torch fire.

Click image as like always for original size.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.