• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Real-Life Laser Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Well laser is just a ray of of some energy.

Have you seen a water cutting steel or any other material? Water mixed with particles of sand charged trough a really, really small hole under great pressure, I'm not sure but I thing it can even cut glass(glass is "impossible" to cut, because glass is braking(lets say you need some specific dimension) you have to brake it(of course you have tools that looks like saws or something, but those tools brake the glass)
Also known heat laser accurate 90degrees cutting down to 15 mm, simple beam of heat, can also cut trough everything.

Level 13
Why not? Think of magnetism or something, lets say that laser "particles" are metallic and that you put a magnet in a handle?

Think in this way. Oh and nothing is impossible ;)

Well I can tell you that photons which are light "particles" (actually they are not particles but quantum particle (not sure about the english word))
are NOT magnetic. And as they are moving with lightspeed I don't think there is a way to stop them.

Only thing I was thinking of could be something like this:

see attachment

Attachments

• Laser.png
    Laser.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 153
Level 22
It is actually possible to slow down light. Really tricky though, and your lightsaber wouldn't be really mobile, making it a stationary lightsaber... Not very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.