• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mermaids are true!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So guys i know you will say ... what the fuck is this nonsense thread... another idiot one..

Well mermaids were true according to some scientist..and heres a video showing the evidence

Now may i ask some question...

1) What do you think would be the impact of this new discovery to our lives?.. especially the science..

2) Do you still believe on the video above?

3) In your own opinion, do we still need to know the life of this creatures?.. or leave them alone..

BTW Guys... the resource of information was true.. ANIMAL PLANET... i watched the whole video and YOU CAN KILL ME IF THE VIDEO WAS FAKE...

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
zDvjZZ9.jpg

Level 22
1) What do you think would be the impact of this new discovery to our lives?.. especially the science..

3) In your own opinion, do we still need to know the life of this creatures?.. or leave them alone..
1) Dunno
2) Fifty Fifty
3) For people with full of curiousity, yes.. because a knowledge about this creatures' life could be useful.. but anyway, i'll just leave them alone.. lol

Level 6
1) Dunno
2) Fifty Fifty
3) For people with full of curiousity, yes.. because a knowledge about this creatures' life could be useful.. but anyway, i'll just leave them alone.. lol

Actually they said that we come from the mermaids not from the apes!..

They said look at your hands in the middle of your finger.. there are let say thin skin in between your fingers and apes dont have that but mermaids do...

And think of this why humans possess the characteristics that are very useful in the water than the apes..

Well this was just theory...

Level 25
BTW Guys... the resource of information was true.. ANIMAL PLANET... i watched the whole video and YOU CAN KILL ME IF THE VIDEO WAS FAKE...

see now you're asking for someone to kill you

But no. Mermaids are not real. An estimate we may have had a semi-aquatic state like say, a hippopotamus, is possible, due to our short body hair and the slight webbing. However mermaids would be impossible due to the varying physical adaptations required for ocean-life. It is certainly possible for a land dwelling animal to become an ocean dwelling one (See the ancestors of the whale, which were dog-like carnivores), but it hasn't been seen going the other way around

So no, its not possible

But no. Mermaids are not real. An estimate we may have had a semi-aquatic state like say, a hippopotamus, is possible, due to our short body hair and the slight webbing. However mermaids would be impossible due to the varying physical adaptations required for ocean-life. It is certainly possible for a land dwelling animal to become an ocean dwelling one (See the ancestors of the whale, which were dog-like carnivores), but it hasn't been seen going the other way around

So no, its not possible

You have the intent and motive to kill. Murderer.

Level 6

So no, its not possible

Yeah i don't believe in mermaids but i am force to believe until i can't get an answer to this question..

If the mermaids are not true then what kind of an animal is that on the video with upper human body feature?.. a new specie of fish? oh i dont think so..

Level 25
Yeah i don't believe in mermaids but i am force to believe until i can't get an answer to this question..

If the mermaids are not true then what kind of an animal is that on the video with upper human body feature?.. a new specie of fish? oh i dont think so..

Probably a fake

People have been sewing monkey corpses onto fish for centuries and selling them as "Fijian Mermaids"

Fun fact: that video is not available in the U.S. due to a copyright claim.

Mecheon said:
It is certainly possible for a land dwelling animal to become an ocean dwelling one (See the ancestors of the whale, which were dog-like carnivores), but it hasn't been seen going the other way around

I agree with your post, but not sure what you meant with this statement (particularly, "hasn't been seen going the other way around"). Ocean dwelling to land dwelling is fine.

Level 23
You do know discovery channel also has a show like that right? Where they show "Real Life Footage" of, not only mermaids, but of those mysterious creatures in general.(like chupacabra, bigfoot, etc.)

Discovery Channel, History Channel and Nat Geo also show UFO stuff too that show more "evidence" that these objects are real.

Probably a new species of computer-generated-animation fish

Level 9
1) This was a massive waste of time and is simply not true.

2) No. This would've been all over the news and more than a single scientist (a charleton if you ask me) would agree with this.

3) Yes we should know more if such a thing even existed.

Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

Level 3
an interesting video, but it appears to be fake, i am sure that if mermaids were relative to human body structure, logically, they would die from water pressure because their bodies literally could not stand the water pressure at depths that were unexplored and no one has seen them in depths that humans can dive too, which means it is quite improbable, i dont say impossible because the term impossible is the same as saying "so improbable that i do not believe it"

Level 30
If mermaids are true, then how about some aliens? manotaurs perhaps? we've been leaving for the 21st century with cool graphics, art sculptures made by realistic artists, and good words to make this all up. Yes this is obviously not real.

Level 6
If mermaids are true, then how about some aliens? manotaurs perhaps? we've been leaving for the 21st century with cool graphics, art sculptures made by realistic artists, and good words to make this all up. Yes this is obviously not real.

Chief remember this...

We already explored the moon... but the Earth itself (mostly the oceans) is not totally explored yet.. even its already 2014 years passed still we haven't discover the Earth 100%

So the UNREAL THINGS... in the future maybe REAL..

Just like on the past..

It is very impossible to talk face to face from a people across the world.. what the heck will you use?..

Now...

Well.. skype..

So it be like that... this creatures are bit impossible and unreal but soon when the discover more on the earth this creatures will be real..

Level 6
Lets just say you're maybe right and they're just somewhere below the ocean waiting for us to find them.

I think as a person I will encourage the world to find ways to treat diseases than spending time and money on finding creatures with humanoid form that you can't bang.

Well not just bang... it may cause a war... land humans vs water semi-humans... because human know too much..

Well not just bang... it may cause a war... land humans vs water semi-humans... because human know too much..

He wasn't meaning bang like that, if you catch my drift.

No I don't believe the video. Sure maybe Humans could've evolved into fish-like creatures but not into deep sea dwelling creatures that we haven't discovered.

In case you hadn't noticed in the dog to Whale situation, Whale's are still mammals and are quite noticeable. For a Human to change into an entirely new type of animal i.e fish, I find even more of a stretch.

As for that picture of the half-monkey half-mermaid, all I can say is Vsauce - watch it. As for us evolving from mermaids, that is plain ridiculous. Why would our tails turn into two legs yet everything else remain exactly the same?

Level 1
Fun fact: that video is not available in the U.S. due to a copyright claim.

I agree with your post, but not sure what you meant with this statement (particularly, "hasn't been seen going the other way around"). Ocean dwelling to land dwelling is fine.

They're probably right to do so. I bet they thought "those americans are so stupid they're gonna make a huge deal about this hoax"

And I can proudly say we deserve it :D

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
That more people will realise how stupid humans truly are. I mean if we were smart we would hardly make up such nonsense.

I did not even bother watching it seeing how they cannot possibly exist, in a form we would call a "Mermaid" at least.

Another species sharing the planet with us?! Fast send in the Giant Death Robots!

Level 25

Something to the degree of adaptation a mermaid has gone through (Joined legs into a fluke/tail fin, for example) hasn't gone backwards. Whales and dolphins never crawled back onto land

Which it could be possible, we wouldn't be long legged critters designed basically for walking long distance.

Talking complete speculatively in respect to this, a common theme in myths is the Flood, a great big flood that wipes out most of the land. Going via the speculative evolution thing and evidence we do have very slight ancestoral memory passed down, it possible in the aftermath of said original flood event that limited the hominid population at the time to ~10,000 individuals may have resulted in a very slightly aquatic adaptation for moving across flooded areas, on a lesser scale to the komodo dragon or giant tortoise's ability to get swept out to random islands and survive

Aliens? Possible! Just not little grey men. Maybe they're radially symmetrical, like starfish! (We are, of course, bilaterally symmetrical) Maybe they communicate through colour and dance

Chief remember this...

We already explored the moon... but the Earth itself (mostly the oceans) is not totally explored yet.. even its already 2014 years passed still we haven't discover the Earth 100%

So the UNREAL THINGS... in the future maybe REAL..

Just like on the past..

It is very impossible to talk face to face from a people across the world.. what the heck will you use?..

Now...

Well.. skype..

So it be like that... this creatures are bit impossible and unreal but soon when the discover more on the earth this creatures will be real..
Possibility for all things existing does not necessary mean that all things must exist

Level 6
Possibility for all things existing does not necessary mean that all things must exist

Yeah i agree into you... even the most common EVOLUTION OF MAN that man and ape has the same ancestors many people believe.. damn are they nuts!... its just a theory and the "missing link" is still missing so that's why we must stop believing in "THEORIES" since they are just "FALSE" with no complete evidence...

Yeah i agree into you... even the most common EVOLUTION OF MAN that man and ape has the same ancestors many people believe.. damn are they nuts!... its just a theory and the "missing link" is still missing so that's why we must stop believing in "THEORIES" since they are just "FALSE" with no complete evidence...

I must assume you have done an extensive study on proving the theories to be FALSE (in your words). The burden of proof lies in the accuser.

Level 6
I must assume you have done an extensive study on proving the theories to be FALSE (in your words). The burden of proof lies in the accuser.

Well i dont need to much extensive research on the theory of man since SCIENTIST THEMSELVES told that this one is complicated and not 100% true because as they said there are still missing links..

We can just believe they already shown us the missing link...

THEORY = GUESS..

I dont want to start a war here... so :ogre_haosis::ogre_love:

Level 6

Yeah i know them.. real fossils.. mutation,survival of the fittest..

If i would argue about this it will take forever... and I DONT WANT TO GET RED!..

So ok ends here i dont to comment again since i know all of you here don't believe in biblical theory because since almost everyone here dont believe in religion...

Level 25
Yeah i know them.. real fossils.. mutation,survival of the fittest..

If i would argue about this it will take forever... and I DONT WANT TO GET RED!..

then don't post requests for discussion

So ok ends here i dont to comment again since i know all of you here don't believe in biblical theory because since almost everyone here dont believe in religion...

Do you? What do you believe? Is your faith shattered by such a view that things can operate naturally and not, instead, as accordingly to design by a divine being? Do you believe the words of a 1,900 year old compilation of books hold more sway than your own thoughts on such matters and what your faith leads you to be true?

Level 6
then don't post requests for discussion

Do you? What do you believe? Is your faith shattered by such a view that things can operate naturally and not, instead, as accordingly to design by a divine being? Do you believe the words of a 1,900 year old compilation of books hold more sway than your own thoughts on such matters and what your faith leads you to be true?

Yeah a 1900 year old compilation of books "THAT NEVER LIED"...

I will request to Ralle to me get banned forever here if the bible told just one lie..

Oh.. so you don't believe in a Divine being?..

Well not to offense you but i just want to ask..

Do you believe that there is a wind?... you can't see it so how can you tell there is a wind?..

A seem stupid question... but its not well i wait for your answer..

Level 23

Why in the F*****g f**k did you sudden talk about religion? o_O
Nobody ever mentioned that here.

If you base it on the biblical theory, when God created us in his own image, do you think God looks like a mermaid and then we, humans evolved to look like this?

Based from my understanding of the bible and from our CLE class (Christian Living Education), the answer to my question is No. We were created by God already looking like Humans so the possibility of the evolution from mermaids is still false.

Level 6
Why in the F*****g f**k did you sudden talk about religion? o_O
Nobody ever mentioned that here.

If you base it on the biblical theory, when God created us in his own image, do you think God looks like a mermaid and then we, humans evolved to look like this?

Based from my understanding of the bible and from our CLE class (Christian Living Education), the answer to my question is No. We were created by God already looking like Humans so the possibility of the evolution from mermaids is still false.

No the topic above there is not about mermaids...

Oh sorry i just enjoy debating with others... i want to test my reasoning skills...

And also...

Don't take my comments seriously.. i am not angry just want to test my reasoning skills.. but if for the others i am becoming to harsh in defending my belief i will stop it...

Level 25
Yeah a 1900 year old compilation of books "THAT NEVER LIED"...

I will request to Ralle to me get banned forever here if the bible told just one lie..

Oh.. so you don't believe in a Divine being?..

Well not to offense you but i just want to ask..

Do you believe that there is a wind?... you can't see it so how can you tell there is a wind?..

I can feel the wind against my skin

I can see the wind blow the branches of a tree

I can hear the wind howling in a storm

I can smell the breeze on the wind, carried from the shore

Evidently, religion was brought up as I brought up evolution and the prospects of a mermaid like creature evolving

Level 6
I can feel the wind against my skin

I can see the wind blow the branches of a tree

I can hear the wind howling in a storm

I can smell the breeze on the wind, carried from the shore

Evidently, religion was brought up as I brought up evolution and the prospects of a mermaid like creature evolving

Ok you can see the wind because you see the branches of tree blowned by it.. right?..

Then i can say that there is the diving being (god) because of the creatures that i seen on the earth...

Also scientist themselves prove to their selves by experimentation that the following can't do a macroevolution... i mean creating a new improved organism.. mutation and adaptation....

EDIT: Oh guys thank you for the comments.. btw the thread is slowly going offtopic.. i am content with some comments.. thread will be closed..

Level 23
If you really believe in God, then you should at least capitalize his name properly. God is a proper noun while god is a noun.

Wind exists when there are differences in atmospheric pressures. If you stand in a room without that, there will be no wind. But there will still be air. If you apply force to the "still" air, then there will be wind.

You can never prove God exists since God is not a finite being or object unlike wind or air. All you can do is believe that God exists.
neo_sluf said:
No the topic above there is not about mermaids...
Oh, so you wanted to turn this into a religion thread? Not a good idea.

EDIT:

Mermaids as Half-Human Half-Fish does not exist. Nuff' said.

Level 25
Ok you can see the wind because you see the branches of tree blowned by it.. right?..

Then i can say that there is the diving being (god) because of the creatures that i seen on the earth...

Also scientist themselves prove to their selves by experimentation that the following can't do a macroevolution... i mean creating a new improved organism.. mutation and adaptation....

Macroevolution has not been proven yet. Microevolution has been well seen, but it turns out something that takes thousands of years to do any changes tends to really take effect

We prove macroevolution as soon as we see a species, over hundreds of generations, changing to adapt to a new environment. This is not something you prove in a day, a week, months, years

EDIT: Oh guys thank you for the comments.. btw the thread is slowly going offtopic.. i am content with some comments.. thread will be closed..

You don't know who I am, do ya?

Well yeah i know its unbelievable until we see an actual mermaid.. to see is to believe..

So which is it, do you believe in a divine being that you have never seen before?

This argument is now invalid because of what you said earlier. Have you seen an actual divine being?

You might want to read the name of the forum this thread is in now.

And...
Don't take my comments seriously.. i am not angry just want to test my reasoning skills.. but if for the others i am becoming to harsh in defending my belief i will stop it...

Clearly your reasoning skills are lacking. There is nothing wrong with defending your beliefs.

Level 6
Well i just dont want to start a war.. and i can't insist my belief to those who won't...

But if you wanna talk about biblical theory and scientific theory.. well i would gladly to debate about it and defend myself.. that would be fun...

I want to talk about you guys about what i have started but it is not on this thread.. this is about mermaids..

Well i just dont want to start a war.. and i can't insist my belief to those who won't...

But if you wanna talk about biblical theory and scientific theory.. well i would gladly to debate about it and defend myself.. that would be fun...

I want to talk about you guys about what i have started but it is not on this thread.. this is about mermaids..

That's convenient isn't it, putting the blame on whoever brought up religions... Oh that's right;

For the record, everything else before were sources to prove that mermaids don't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.