• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I just have one question, about the code in this game.
I understand if you do not wish to tell me, but I would really like to now how you got the health bar into the multiboard. I understand how most other things have been done, but whenever I try to get a healthbar into my games, it resizes it to a square icon. How did you bypass this?

Thanks in advance.

Level 11
What we did was create an 8x8 block, and multiple versions of that block that are Full to Empty in 1 pixel increments. Then with triggers we control which of the 8 blocks is displayed on the multiboard

Level 12
Thanks Zack, we think we managed to fix that camera bug for the next release but for now you can make sure it doesn't happen by not being to fast clicking the exit inventory/shop button, hold the mouse over it and let the tool tip appear before you click it and it should never bug.

Level 1
You probably have this posted somewhere but I can't find it, so i'll just ask here.

Will you be able to load your characters from the beta to the official map?

Level 3
Well, then hopefully there will be absolutely no bug until the final release.
Great work on this map! We enjoy it a lot!
Hey can you change the loading bar at the beginning of the game to the one like the health bar, it'll be cool. The |III.....III| 's kind of simple.

Level 11
no, that is an on screen display that uses text

the health bar uses icons which are part of the multiboard

Level 3
Yeah I know that. But still I hope you know a way to do that and I don't ( if I do I wouldn't ask ). Hey my friend just test this map on single play and he said he could load, save, play in any difficulty and cheats as normal. Also he said he could only load the level, not the items. If anyone can do that they will massively cheat on your map. So any chance you could block the cheating on single play and fix the load system?

Level 11
there will always be cheats, there is no way of fully stopping it all.

There is a reason the vkick system exists, users can kick out the cheaters

Level 3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did I say "Single Play"? I mean, we can go solo on single playing and save/load normally. But, if a player cheats on single play, he will be punished (somehow - I saw a map that used a trigger to have the cheater kick himself out) and the save/load system will be disabled. Cause the vkick system is useless on single. That's my suggestion. Just to keep the balance of single play and multi play, if some one wanna go solo. And for multiplay, the only way to cheat is to use 3rd party programs, that's where the vkick system is useful.
After all, not many ppl can gather their friend to play this map EVERYTIME they want.

p/s: The cheat on single play I mean is the "whosyourdaddy" kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.