1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Question

Discussion in 'The Kingdom of Kaliron' started by Hoernchen, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoernchen

Hoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I just have one question, about the code in this game.
    I understand if you do not wish to tell me, but I would really like to now how you got the health bar into the multiboard. I understand how most other things have been done, but whenever I try to get a healthbar into my games, it resizes it to a square icon. How did you bypass this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    What we did was create an 8x8 block, and multiple versions of that block that are Full to Empty in 1 pixel increments. Then with triggers we control which of the 8 blocks is displayed on the multiboard

3. Hoernchen

Hoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    :eek: thanks, btw great map
    got to a level 8 druid today

4. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ditto, this is a really great map. But once in a while the camera gets screwed up right after you exit you equipment screen. The systems are AWESOME! The item system was just GODLIKE! I love it. I hope you release the full version soon.

5. PheoniX_VII

PheoniX_VII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks Zack, we think we managed to fix that camera bug for the next release but for now you can make sure it doesn't happen by not being to fast clicking the exit inventory/shop button, hold the mouse over it and let the tool tip appear before you click it and it should never bug.

6. Striker

Striker

Resources:
    Resources:
    You probably have this posted somewhere but I can't find it, so i'll just ask here.

Will you be able to load your characters from the beta to the official map?

7. BioDiablo

BioDiablo

Resources:
    Resources:
    More then likely… if no big bugs found then you will be able to load from beta to "full" release.

8. Zenerik

Zenerik

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, then hopefully there will be absolutely no bug until the final release.
    Great work on this map! We enjoy it a lot!
    Hey can you change the loading bar at the beginning of the game to the one like the health bar, it'll be cool. The |III.....III| 's kind of simple.

9. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    no, that is an on screen display that uses text

the health bar uses icons which are part of the multiboard

10. Zenerik

Zenerik

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah I know that. But still I hope you know a way to do that and I don't ( if I do I wouldn't ask ). Hey my friend just test this map on single play and he said he could load, save, play in any difficulty and cheats as normal. Also he said he could only load the level, not the items. If anyone can do that they will massively cheat on your map. So any chance you could block the cheating on single play and fix the load system?

11. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    there will always be cheats, there is no way of fully stopping it all.

There is a reason the vkick system exists, users can kick out the cheaters

12. Zenerik

Zenerik

Resources:
    Resources:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but did I say "Single Play"? I mean, we can go solo on single playing and save/load normally. But, if a player cheats on single play, he will be punished (somehow - I saw a map that used a trigger to have the cheater kick himself out) and the save/load system will be disabled. Cause the vkick system is useless on single. That's my suggestion. Just to keep the balance of single play and multi play, if some one wanna go solo. And for multiplay, the only way to cheat is to use 3rd party programs, that's where the vkick system is useful.
    After all, not many ppl can gather their friend to play this map EVERYTIME they want.

p/s: The cheat on single play I mean is the "whosyourdaddy" kind of thing.

13. PheoniX_VII

PheoniX_VII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Singleplayer codes will be unique for singleplayer only and thus, if you want to cheat while you play alone fine with us. You wont be able to use the code you get in a multiplayer game however.

14. TEC_Ghost

TEC_Ghost

Resources:
    Resources:
  15. PheoniX_VII

PheoniX_VII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We already got a customized and working multiboard bar system. not much use spending time replacing it for something equal.

16. TEC_Ghost

TEC_Ghost

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not talking to you :p Talking to the guy who wanted your system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.