• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playing Custom Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hes asking how do you open them in Starcraft 2 Solo.

I do not have the retail version yet(I only played the Beta) but the option to play a custom map(with the option to select which slots are AI or not) offline is either really well hidden or it's impossible.

To play games solo(to test and stuff) with the lobby(selecting player slots, etc) , you have to publish your map to battle.net.

On the map editor click "Publish Maps"(under the file tab) - You can select "private" so no one can download or play it except the person who published it(you need to log in to your battle.net account to publish).

Then connect to battle.net > click multiplayer tab > click create custom game(or so, I forgot what it was called exactly) > select "My published maps" > select the map you want to play.

If you ever want to update the map, just go back to the map editor and click "Managed Publish Maps" and remove the map from your account then reupload the new version.

Level 10
According to RandomUser12 on TheHelper.net, dragging-and-dropping a map file onto the SC2 app will launch the map single-player style (although I can't confirm since it does not seem to work for Mac.) Mac users ought to be able to use MapCraft (which worked intermittently during the beta, and which I can't confirm works with the retail version since I haven't purchased it.)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There is no way to play a custom map from inside Starcraft II without having connection to the internet and playing single player in multiplayer custom games. I have fully checked out the single player feature and assure you that an option for playing custom maps does not exist there.

You can however still test maps single player using the editor, play them online with only 1 player and even force Starcraft II to load a map on startup in singleplayer (test map does this but you can do it directly via the right path / commands to the .exe). These are the only ways to play maps singleplayer in SC2.

Level 1
sorry if this thread is old, but i find this relevant because the game is still new, and people might want to know.

i've found so far that u can play solo games, but not ones that u have edited / created.

Status
Not open for further replies.