• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quenching Mod v1.5 - Custom Campaigns on Patch 1.32+

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49

QuenchingUpdateFinal.gif

The WarCraft 3 Quenching Mod version 1.5 is finally here, bringing custom campaigns to Reforged for the first time!

Join us with @Zorrot for a quick demonstration on how to load, run, and play .w3n files within the Reforged client.​

Campaign Comparisons.png

Special thanks to @Zorrot, @jixed and Keno for the mod and @OutsiderXE, @Tommi Gustafsson and @Shar Dundred for the custom footage.

More about Quenching Mod here:

QMButtons1.pngQMButtons2.pngQMButtons3.png

DE Discord x100 C.pngDE Youtube x100 C B.pngDE PP C B.pngDE Github x100 C.pngDE Twitter x100 C B.png

Last edited:
Level 28
I finally bought Reforged because of this update. I appreciate the effort put into this. As far as custom campaign visuals go, there is a lot of work to be done by campaign makers to make the maps fit the Reforged style. You can certainly see that with The Last Guardian. I also noticed some bugs, i.e. some custom sounds not playing in Lord of the Clans.

Zorrot

Hosted Project: QM
Level 16
I finally bought Reforged because of this update. I appreciate the effort put into this. As far as custom campaign visuals go, there is a lot of work to be done by campaign makers to make the maps fit the Reforged style. You can certainly see that with The Last Guardian. I also noticed some bugs, i.e. some custom sounds not playing in Lord of the Clans.
It's an honor to be approved by all your excellent campaign author, we'll see if we can continuedly do some improvement

Level 3
What's the meaning of SD to HD? I don't understand.
Can we play the game in HD graphic even if the in-game options are set to original SD?

Zorrot

Level 16
From the video, it seems that custom unit sound sets (and maybe even normal unit sound sets) are not working. Units are not speaking anything on command. In Gnoll Campaign, Luna Moonsnout, the main heroine, should have a custom sound set, but she is not speaking anything (not even non-custom lines of the overridden sound set).
The SD model has no command sound in HD version and i'll see if there is a solution

Does this tool work on Campaigns that have the list file removed from the W3N?

Anyway, I was kind of interested when I saw this post, but then I watched through it and realized that nothing changed as far as the game and we are all still out of control of the game's code.

This post is sponsored by Warsmash: The Bad Idea Nobody Asked For. Coming 2035

Level 7
This user has been warned for trolling.
This mod is biggest troll I have ever seen.. This guy claims that reforged hd mod is actually made by him.. No.. it was made by blizzard.. You can already switch to hd if you buy reforged. How can hiveworkshop stand in front of this??? crazy man..

Zorrot

Level 16
Does this tool work on Campaigns that have the list file removed from the W3N?

Anyway, I was kind of interested when I saw this post, but then I watched through it and realized that nothing changed as far as the game and we are all still out of control of the game's code.

This post is sponsored by Warsmash: The Bad Idea Nobody Asked For. Coming 2035

You are right, it can't rebuild listfile tho I tried lots of ways.
It could be considered as a heck, not as warsmash to rebuild from the bottom

This mod is biggest troll I have ever seen.. This guy claims that reforged hd mod is actually made by him.. No.. it was made by blizzard.. You can already switch to hd if you buy reforged. How can hiveworkshop stand in front of this??? crazy man..

Did I ever said I make reforged HD ? Have I ? Where ? It's a reforged graphic enhanced mod.

Level 7
Did I ever said I make reforged HD ? Have I ? Where ? It's a reforged graphic enhanced mod.
The image into post says from sd into hd.. Why compare it like that?
Then what have you done? We can already play custom campaings in reforged hd..

Zorrot

Level 16

I don't think if you can play custom campaign in reforged without quenching mod for now ...
From SD - HD means quenching mod can convert old classic campaign files to reforged campaign format

Level 28

You can play individual maps that may share the same game cache but not the old campaigns that came in single w3n files.

This may come as a shock to some but I really love the Quenching Mod look. I cant recommend it for multiplayer due to the lack in visual clarity but the terrain textures work very well with the models.

Zorrot

Level 16
Looks like it crashed when i tried to load some custom campaigns, is there an error log i can check to see what went wrong?
For now, too old like ROC campaign is unreadable, and if the w3n is protected it will failed too, If your client failed in loading "TIGSTRXXX" it's should be covered by these situation

Level 9
For now, too old like ROC campaign is unreadable, and if the w3n is protected it will failed too, If your client failed in loading "TIGSTRXXX" it's should be covered by these situation
Really? I played through Rowan the Wise all the way through and it worked, and I'm pretty sure it's protected. At least, I couldn't open it in the editor, I assume that's what's meant by protected.

The only bug more or less I found is once you finish a mission and click continue, it doesn't automatically start the next mission. You have to go back into campaign and go the custom campaign. Also, if you save and quit a mission, then come back to it later, the icon on the mission select screen to indicate a mission is complete isn't there. Not a big deal, since my items and stuff still transferred

Zorrot

Level 16
Really? I played through Rowan the Wise all the way through and it worked, and I'm pretty sure it's protected. At least, I couldn't open it in the editor, I assume that's what's meant by protected.

The only bug more or less I found is once you finish a mission and click continue, it doesn't automatically start the next mission. You have to go back into campaign and go the custom campaign. Also, if you save and quit a mission, then come back to it later, the icon on the mission select screen to indicate a mission is complete isn't there. Not a big deal, since my items and stuff still transferred
Yes, next level mechansim is related to maps so it can't be converted, the protected means the listfile is removed

Level 1
Hey, looks awesome! I tried to install Curse of the Forsaken but it doesn't show up in the game. I go through Battlenet with the new Reforged layout, but technically only have classic, never bought Reforged. Does that mean I need to buy Reforged? Would like not to, considering the latest developpement. But some campaign need you to be on version 1.30+ so I have to use the Battlenet version instead of my old legacy standalone version.

Edit: managed to get the latest non-reforged patch version of warcraft 3 with the help of MasterBlaster topic on this forum. So I can play the WC3 campaign and stay away of Reforged.

Last edited:

Zorrot

Level 16
Hey, looks awesome! I tried to install Curse of the Forsaken but it doesn't show up in the game. I go through Battlenet with the new Reforged layout, but technically only have classic, never bought Reforged. Does that mean I need to buy Reforged? Would like not to, considering the latest developpement. But some campaign need you to be on version 1.30+ so I have to use the Battlenet version instead of my old legacy standalone version.

Edit: managed to get the latest non-reforged patch version of warcraft 3 with the help of MasterBlaster topic on this forum. So I can play the WC3 campaign and stay away of Reforged.
well you don't need to buy reforged to use cc feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.