• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quenching Mod Overview/Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorrot

Hosted Project: QM
Level 16
About

eup2020055.png

The Quenching Mod is a graphic enhance module of Warcarft III Reforged.

The Quenching Mod was originally founded by Zorrot, Jixed and Keno as a passionate project.

After a year of development, the quenching mod has become a more mature project and widely accepted by many lively W3ers.

up20200720.png

Our ultimate goal is to upgrade Warcarft III Reforged into next-gen graphic.
Provide tools and resources for all W3map developers and players.
We are eager to communicate and cooperate more with war3 communities and share our ideas with everyone!

Features

The Quenching mod is a major mod, which includes 5GB of reworked resources.

Have a client and a setup file. The future updates will be patches mainly.

Reworked most of the major shades to present a brand new graphic style.

Reworked most of the terrain textures.

Redirect art style of the game changed art direction of some melee themes.

Include a showcase campaign series with 6 chapters, and possibility to load more custom Campaigns in the future.

Include hero-skin system and war-band system, which mainly serves melee games.

Have more UI options, we might also make UI skins later.

In addition, you won’t get banned using this mod, it's totally about graphic.

WC3ScrnShot_031821_023746_001.png

Team members

Zorrot

Zorrot

Coder, TA, custom tools and website

Jixed

1616009208347.png

Environment models/Texture artist, TA

Keno

1616009267066.png

Models, translator, presentation and video making.

There were LOTS of folks that helped us with this project. We have a list in our mod's client.

Last edited:

Zorrot

Level 16
2021 - 04 - 02

There is a small client update, if you already have a client, it will hint you about this update

1/ solve some translation problem
2/ Now the client will tell you if your mod is out-dated automatically
3/ Now there is a backup server when you download is failing
4/ delete some files from old version

2021 - 04 - 18
V1.4 is on, not a major update, auto update is supported

1/ Add Portuguese support and thanks to @AzashBR for translation!
2/ Add 6 skin and undead warband skin
3/ Major bug fix

Last edited:
Level 4
The standard scroll wheel zooming camera on the Wc3R has improved the flexibility to a greater zoom variation, but it is still not close enough of desired. I am creating a mod map all Tiny, in which all units and their data will be extremely reduced... but the zoom is too limited to focus on the small units
So, could Mod Quenching be able to reach Zoom levels with even greater approximations to over the model, just using the scroll wheel?
Maybe allow, through a settings menu, to choose the desired variations. Ex: "minimum zoom" (values between 1 to 600) and "maximum zoom" (between 1000 to 3000).

Attachments

• zoom_limited.png
    zoom_limited.png
    617.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Zorrot

Level 16
The standard scroll wheel zooming camera on the Wc3R has improved the flexibility to a greater zoom variation, but it is still not close enough of desired. I am creating a mod map all Tiny, in which all units and their data will be extremely reduced... but the zoom is too limited to focus on the small units
So, could Mod Quenching be able to reach Zoom levels with even greater approximations to over the model, just using the scroll wheel?
Maybe allow, through a settings menu, to choose the desired variations. Ex: "minimum zoom" (values between 1 to 600) and "maximum zoom" (between 1000 to 3000).
I guess this features is already there ? you can have a try in client - UI - adjustment

Level 4
I guess this features is already there ? you can have a try in client - UI - adjustment
Sometimes it fails to activate this camera system using certain changes, making it impossible to open any map.
But when it works, the camera seems to suffer an even greater zoom limitation than the normal camera, in relation to the greater zoom approximation on the model, it only works in a good variation just to get more distance.
It reminds a lot of an UI system created by Taysen, but that is not so effective, as it unfortunately makes the camera oscillate too much in the mouse scroll, without having a precision to fix more in its position.

Zorrot

Level 16
Sometimes it fails to activate this camera system using certain changes, making it impossible to open any map.
But when it works, the camera seems to suffer an even greater zoom limitation than the normal camera, in relation to the greater zoom approximation on the model, it only works in a good variation just to get more distance.
It reminds a lot of an UI system created by Taysen, but that is not so effective, as it unfortunately makes the camera oscillate too much in the mouse scroll, without having a precision to fix more in its position.
this function cant be very good currently beacuse it's basicly a modification of bj and any handle like framehandle shall cause disconnection, I'm still digging to it

Level 4
this function cant be very good currently beacuse it's basicly a modification of bj and any handle like framehandle shall cause disconnection, I'm still digging to it
Yes, it is not easy at all ... I am still sad today that Blizz does not provide us with a parallel possibility, at least with freedom for customs games, of a more modern manipulation of the camera. Who knows for a future it will be able to unravel even more comprehensive proposals for them, like what was proposed by our friend with the "Combined Camera Slider System (CCSS)", the depth that can be reached in the available variations, I didn't see nothing like that, besides the level of control achieved is optimal by this system.
But when it comes to zooming in and out of the Zoom/Angle view, unfortunately it is manipulated with the slider bars and not the Scroll wheel in mouse, which would be ideal.
EDIT: And.. changing the subject a little ... You could have an alternative launcher inside the client for the World Editor as well.
After all, war3 is the game in which users most manipulate its powerful Editor and QM in the future will certainly have many more options for variations, changes in styles and effects, which will consequently create a frequency of uses through it, perhaps it is a almost official preference among Reforged users.
An option to open WE in QM, at least for me, seems interesting to me.
EDIT2:
Now a suggestion for portraits in QM styles or for BlizzCon, in addition to inserting life and mana in colors, increasing their bars a bit too, maybe it would be more interesting if they made it bigger the Portrait, at least in QM style, moving the MiniMap a little further to the left and releasing the border frame of the portrait with a slightly larger size bigger, in this way it would be possible to have even more imposing portraits, managing to bring the view of the bust closer to the model, as it was actually presented in some cases at blizzCon, without the view of the model having to be as small or too distant for this.

Attachments

• QuenchingVsBlizzcon_portraits.png
    QuenchingVsBlizzcon_portraits.png
    2 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.