1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Proposal for More Responsible Staff Members

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by ~Void~, Jul 18, 2012.

1. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You are correct about me.

2. Karawasa

Karawasa

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All joking aside, Asomath's analysis was not only entertaining to read but also spot on.

3. Asomath

Asomath

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I agree, that quote is extremely insightful :) Hoo-rah for The Prince

Haha thank you. Its good to know I haven't gone insane yet ;) Either way though, our discussion on staff policy here is pointless unless it's taken on by the staff.

~Asomath

PS @TDW thanks for the affirmation! ^_^

4. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So what happens now when the creator of the thread is banned?

Just curious.

5. Hemske

Hemske

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I was more curious of the part why he was banned, didn't void just now the latest days (week) put out quite valid, and well-thought posts and threads around here? Perhaps a bit aggressive some of them, but not to the part where it would hurt anyone, he wasn't out to start any flaming or such.

I have absolutely no intention of creating a discussion about the reason people get banned though, as we are far beyond that subject. It was more out of curiousity.

6. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is getting off-topic. Please, discuss the real purpose of the thread :)

P.S. In case you wonder, I have deleted the posts regarding takakenji, mine included.

7. Asomath

Asomath

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It’s alright. I believe he was banned for posting threads about the Hive's drama this past week. Keep in mind; this was right before ZT has ended, so his actions still violated ZT.

At least that’s what I think.

However, the purpose of this thread might be benefited if we knew the process for selecting staff currently. As far as I know, a recommendation and decision are made via Administrators (perhaps mod's) lobby, after which point the candidate is contacted and asked to answer a series of question. If the answers to these questions are sufficient, then the candidate is inducted.

It’s possible that this process might have been circumvented these past few weeks due to necessity. I wouldn’t see a move to re-evaluate the most recent inductees when everything is stabilized as an aggressive move, but rather a wise one. Particularly if the process was cut short.

~Asomath

@Pharaoh, thanks for the clean up ^_^

8. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If anything, I hope some of the remaining staff were able to pull some ideas out of this thread. Things they can use to improve the way things are run.

9. Asomath

Asomath

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, Improvements the goal! ^_^

~Asomath

10. Codric

Codric

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah I support this Idea we need more of them and that thing about being over 18 I am quite responeble and I am not near 18.

11. Asomath

Asomath

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    He removed the over 18 thing because it was a silly notion.

Anyways, we say we need more, but how do we prove that we need more. Clearly, the one of the purposes of these past few weeks was to create a concise staff system, but did they really take it a step too far in that direction or is it where they need to be. What positions aren't being filled atm?

~Asomath

12. Squiggy

Squiggy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Jump board it is then, I've been doing way too much stuff concerning communities to ignore my parental role instinct ;D

13. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'm the uncle that never cared.

Y'know, until I had to.