• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Proposal for More Responsible Staff Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
@~Void~, Kingz

If I understand correctly, you are looking for someone who has been here a long time but hasn’t become jaded. Someone who has good social skills and possesses self-confidence while still knowing humility. Someone who is polite, attentive, and respectful (equally) while still being able to take a firm hand and run the show.

That’s no small order guys. Even in a site that has thousands of members, the possibility of actually finding someone like that is really slim. As Kingz has said, quite a few people and many of the people who even remember WC3Sear have left.

However, Mecheon's advice on the matter might be appreciated, because as he stated, he is probably the closest person to hold that position. The "Rule Enforcer" as it was.

@Vermillion,

TDW's first and primary function as a moderator has been completed at put to rest. The role that we seek is not his to fulfill. He was brought in to make radical changes that would cause quite a bit of negativity, and then take the brunt of the ill-will. His promotion to Administrator from "Community Moderator" is not an act of increasing his power of this site (as he likely possessed much of that power already) but rather, a distancing of himself from the Hive's community, and with him, a lot of the recent events. He is being removed from the stages spotlight so-to-speak.

Which is precisely why reform the site should be pushed for now.

~Asomath

You are correct about me.

Level 14
To quote Machiavelli: "above all things, a prince ought to live amongst his people in such a way that no unexpected circumstances, whether of good or evil, shall make him change; because if the necessity for this comes in troubled times, you are too late for harsh measures; and mild ones will not help you, for they will be considered as forced from you, and no one will be under any obligation to you for them."

In all seriousness, however, you should pay attention to that quote. It's a good one.

I agree, that quote is extremely insightful :) Hoo-rah for The Prince

All joking aside, Asomath's analysis was not only entertaining to read but also spot on.

Haha thank you. Its good to know I haven't gone insane yet ;) Either way though, our discussion on staff policy here is pointless unless it's taken on by the staff.

~Asomath

PS @TDW thanks for the affirmation! ^_^

Level 25
I was more curious of the part why he was banned, didn't void just now the latest days (week) put out quite valid, and well-thought posts and threads around here? Perhaps a bit aggressive some of them, but not to the part where it would hurt anyone, he wasn't out to start any flaming or such.

I have absolutely no intention of creating a discussion about the reason people get banned though, as we are far beyond that subject. It was more out of curiousity.

Level 14
It’s alright. I believe he was banned for posting threads about the Hive's drama this past week. Keep in mind; this was right before ZT has ended, so his actions still violated ZT.

At least that’s what I think.

However, the purpose of this thread might be benefited if we knew the process for selecting staff currently. As far as I know, a recommendation and decision are made via Administrators (perhaps mod's) lobby, after which point the candidate is contacted and asked to answer a series of question. If the answers to these questions are sufficient, then the candidate is inducted.

It’s possible that this process might have been circumvented these past few weeks due to necessity. I wouldn’t see a move to re-evaluate the most recent inductees when everything is stabilized as an aggressive move, but rather a wise one. Particularly if the process was cut short.

~Asomath

@Pharaoh, thanks for the clean up ^_^

Level 14
He removed the over 18 thing because it was a silly notion.

Anyways, we say we need more, but how do we prove that we need more. Clearly, the one of the purposes of these past few weeks was to create a concise staff system, but did they really take it a step too far in that direction or is it where they need to be. What positions aren't being filled atm?

~Asomath

Level 28
That's cool, but I'm trying to help change things around here in light of the recent crisis which forced a lot of Hive's senior members to acknowledge some deep-seated issues with the way the site's been operating during the past few years, and I think this is our golden opportunity to rework Hive from its core. Your defeatist attitude isn't helping.

Either jump on board or jump ship, broski.
:ogre_rage:
Jump board it is then, I've been doing way too much stuff concerning communities to ignore my parental role instinct ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.